What Should The Next Spinny Be? Or Should There Only Be 10?

fishers64

... Shiny. Seriously, that's really impressive. I'll echo everyone else and congratulate you on a job very well done, Bfahome.Yes, FF Ice Master, that spinny is for 11 years (but not 11+, since there are no members who have been here for any longer that 11 years). As for future HF spinnies, that's most likely (assuming the line continues), but the staff don't plan that far in advance when it comes to 35 by 32 rotating images.**Wait, does that mean that the spinnies aren't a huge deal? Nah, this topic sure proves they're extremely important.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

"Giving up" Bionicle as our heritage would mean changing all the existing spinnies over to HF or Ninjago or whatever heads and replacing all of the painstaking work put into the Premier member perk status images.I see this as a great way to retain relevance in a changing community while still embracing our heritage. It has not been lost on me that we still have "Tohunga" as a rank early on. You old timers should easily know the cultural significance that has.Anyway, my two cents.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Very shiny (in the literal and Firefly sense) - the higher number of frames is nice as well, though man is it spinning fast compared to some of the others.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I dig it, honestly Bionicle was dead to me the year they gave them hands so I've already come mourn it's passing, but I can understand how some can view something as simple as something next to your proto points a nail in the coffin when you're trying hold onto something dear that has passed. I honestly have no idea whose helmet that is anymore than I know what my current spinney is, but I hope the forums are still around when my 11th year anniversary comes around so I can get that spinney next to my proto points. It's pretty nifty, and the person who made it did an excellent job.

Edited by Core: Matoran of Chaos

“Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” - Unknown

"You can get her all the chocolates and roses you want, but a woman will never forget her first wheel of cheese." - Puff

At first, I was quite disappointed with the spinny. I was hoping for a Bionicle spinny but I have to admit, it is the best spinny we have ever had - amazing job Bfahome.I suppose it is time to move on, but if we really are branching out, then next year's spinny shouldn't be restricted to HF. Maybe we should use some other theme for the 12 year spinny.

This 35x32 spinning icon will surely lead to the permanent death of BIONICLE!Also I was against using Furno or Stormer's helmets exactly because they use the same mold as they did two years ago, and wouldn't match the year as well as the new Rocka helmet. Evo was the other option, but he wasn't as "special" as Rocka.Also this one was really easy to make since they actually had the piece in LDD.
For me, the attractiveness of the Furno and Stormer helmet ideas was that they were exactly that: helmets which not only represented the current year of Hero Factory, but also reflected the first year of Hero Factory as our very first Hero Factory spinny. But Rocka's helmet is cool too, and an iconic depiction of this year, being the Hero sent up against this year's main villain.And yeah, I can see how LDD would help a lot for the production of these spinnies.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Kind of bummed it wasn't something more significant, but that Rocka spinny is pretty cool. Still think a spinning Black Six head or a Bionicle head would have been better, but Rocka is cool.

Aagh. Disappointing. I was hoping for the head of the Great Spirit Robot.I have nothing against HF, but I don't want Bionicle to die in our hearts and minds as well as in those of TLG. And this is conducive to such a thing happening.Sorry if this comment is excessively negative or out of line, tell me if it is. I have no idea, just my honest opinion.
You can't have an honest opinion here, it's mean to HF!
Wow guys. Disappointed? Really?I thought we had honestly moved on. Tohu was a good ending point that marked the end of Bionicle and, in turn, the era of Bionicle-centric BZPower. This is a LEGO forum now.Anyways, I love the new spinny. Looks awesome!-SK
Where's LZPower?
I thought we had honestly moved on. Tohu was a good ending point that marked the end of Bionicle and, in turn, the era of Bionicle-centric BZPower. This is a LEGO forum now.-SK
Well, except for the fact that the site's name still says "Bionicle" -- we're not LZP, after all. I mean really I see both sides to this argument. Sure, we've moved on to spread out more into other LEGO themes, having some completely LEGO forums. So makes sense that we have the spinny be a non-Bionicle one, especially if the spinny is from the line that replaced Bionicle, yes? Yes. Also as you mentioned the Tohu head can be seen as a transition from Bionicle to Lego. But you also have to look at, again, the name of BZP, and not to mention the ratio of Bionicle things compared to Lego ones. Artwork, whether it be literature, art, or creations, is still mainly of the Bionicle variety. And that's my argument/viewpoint. We're still Bionicle Zone Power. That's why I like the idea of always having a Bionicle spinny -- as sort of a tribute to what created this site, if you will. Plus there's the question of what theme do we choose if not Bionicle? Again, as I said earlier, HF does make sense since it was the line that replaced Bionicle, but then does that mean that we're becoming a HF-centered forum? I mean, to an extent, yes -- there is one forum that's specifically HF while no other LEGO theme has that with the exception of Bionicle -- but still, I think that, as we shed away from Bionicle, we're trying to focus more on just other LEGO themes in general, with a -slightly- bigger focus on HF simply because it did replace Bionicle (but, just thinking of that -- why do we focus more on HF? Because it replaced Bionicle, because we're a Bionicle forum -- that shows again, our tribute to Bionicle, how we are still, in fact, a Bionicle forum, moving on because Bionicle ended but yet staying true to Bionicle with our identity). But even with all that, again, our identity is still a Bionicle forum. It is, whether you deny it or not. Yes, we're branching out. Yes, we're becoming less centered on Bionicle. But our identity still is that of a Bionicle forum. Therefore, I personally like the idea of having a Bionicle spinny.No, it's not happening; I've known that for a while now. It doesn't mean I'm not disappointed, because I am, even if the new spinny does look good. I'm not that disappointed, and I don't really care all that much anyway, but again it doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed or that I wouldn't prefer something that was Bionicle. newso1.png
Indeed, Velox.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

That's an awful argument. Just because we're a LEGO forum doesn't mean we have to change our name to LEGO Zone Power.Seriously. Let go. BIONICLE's over and soon all the forums that see most of the BIONICLE-themed content are going to move on also. They're already near dead. BZP's a LEGO forum and that's the way it's gotta be, and if you all try to keep BIONICLE around as much as this then it's surely going to die.Don't get me wrong--it's okay to have BIONICLE content. But the fact that people still haven't moved on bothers me since it's been practically two years since it ended and a year since anyone last saw Greg. Any hope for it has already died, so why are we trying to create false hope for it?-SK

All of you who think by changing the spinny to a HF one that we're abandoning our Bionicle roots are going to be very surprised in the near future when we prove you wrong with other changes.
Oh right, those. I love them and I hope most members will. :rolleyes:
What kind of changes?
If you don't know yet, obviously it's because you're not supposed to. :P Should only be a matter of days before you know, though.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

*snip*-SK
(I know this probably wasn't directed completely at me much, if at all, but I felt like replying to it anyway =P) Yes, we are getting more and more focused on LEGO in general, but the fact is that we are still a Bionicle forum. Our main logo, our roots, we have more Bionicle forums than any other single theme, etc. Now no, I'm not saying we have to change our name to LZP, but at the same time, there'll probably never be a reason to. Because our theme is still Bionicle. Yes, we include all LEGO themes now more. Yes, we'll continue to do so. But that doesn't change that we still have a heavy Bionicle influence and our roots come from that influence. Why not "honor" that by having Bionicle spinnys? Again, I really don't care all that much (I mean, hey, this is coming from a guy who wants to branch COT out a lot, especially Library-wise; I just still want to "keep our heritage alive") -- the new spinny looks good, I would just prefer it if it was a Bionicle spinny. And bro, chillax man. People are allowed to be disappointed. And that's exactly the point. The Bionicle side of BZP will die down. So why not "keep Bionicle alive" (okay, not the best choice of words, but bear with me, because I'm sure you know what I mean -- "keep having tribute to what we were created on" or whatever) by having subtle tributes to it, such as the yearly spinny? That's all I'm saying. And that's why I (and I think, others) are disappointed with the spinny. It's not that we haven't moved on (at least, I definitely have moved on), but why not keep Bionicle in the little things? We branch out to other LEGO themes, but show where we came from by said little things. I mean, BZP being BZP (in other words, the fact that we are a Bionicle-centered forum, even if only in memory now) is what sets us apart from other LEGO forums, and that is awesome. Yes, we have a lot of non-Bionicle stuff now, but Bionicle is on top still. Just look at the contests and creative forums. Things are mostly Bionicle. I just think it'd be cool to keep all the little things Bionicle-centered.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

*snip*-SK
(I know this probably wasn't directed completely at me much, if at all, but I felt like replying to it anyway =P) Yes, we are getting more and more focused on LEGO in general, but the fact is that we are still a Bionicle forum. Our main logo, our roots, we have more Bionicle forums than any other single theme, etc. Now no, I'm not saying we have to change our name to LZP, but at the same time, there'll probably never be a reason to. Because our theme is still Bionicle. Yes, we include all LEGO themes now more. Yes, we'll continue to do so. But that doesn't change that we still have a heavy Bionicle influence and our roots come from that influence. Why not "honor" that by having Bionicle spinnys? Again, I really don't care all that much (I mean, hey, this is coming from a guy who wants to branch COT out a lot, especially Library-wise; I just still want to "keep our heritage alive") -- the new spinny looks good, I would just prefer it if it was a Bionicle spinny. And bro, chillax man. People are allowed to be disappointed. And that's exactly the point. The Bionicle side of BZP will die down. So why not "keep Bionicle alive" (okay, not the best choice of words, but bear with me, because I'm sure you know what I mean -- "keep having tribute to what we were created on" or whatever) by having subtle tributes to it, such as the yearly spinny? That's all I'm saying. And that's why I (and I think, others) are disappointed with the spinny. It's not that we haven't moved on (at least, I definitely have moved on), but why not keep Bionicle in the little things? We branch out to other LEGO themes, but show where we came from by said little things. I mean, BZP being BZP (in other words, the fact that we are a Bionicle-centered forum, even if only in memory now) is what sets us apart from other LEGO forums, and that is awesome. Yes, we have a lot of non-Bionicle stuff now, but Bionicle is on top still. Just look at the contests and creative forums. Things are mostly Bionicle. I just think it'd be cool to keep all the little things Bionicle-centered.newso1.png
I agree with many of your points about BZP's Bionicle heritage, and I feel that even if Bionicle discussion were to slow to a halt, BZPower would still remain unique among Lego fansites in how our common experience with Bionicle would color our experience with Lego's other themes.The main problem with continuing using Bionicle spinnies is not that we don't care about Bionicle anymore, but simply that the spinnies have traditionally been connected to each individual year of sets, with only a few exceptions. I like being able to look beside a user's proto and judge "Oh, their spinny is from just last year. They must be a long-standing member." The Hapori Tohu spinny temporarily broke that trend to celebrate BZP's tenth anniversary. But if we keep going back to classic BIONICLE elements like the Mata Nui stone or even the Mata Nui Robot's head, we'll lose that temporal connection entirely, and the spinnies will become almost meaningless. Better to make the transition to other, currently running themes as soon as possible so that the meaning of the spinnies can be retained.

I don't understand the "honor BIONICLE through spinnies" argument. For years to come - and for possibly the rest of this site's life - users with BIONICLE spinnies will far outrank users with Hero Factory spinnies. Plus, they're tiny little icons. We have Hapori Tohu head, the rank names, the rank images, the mask emoticons and the emorphicons added to the database, the proto bar, and even the site's name itself to remind us of our BIONICLE heritage.The spinnies, aside from being cool, have always been a good way to keep track of how long a member has been on (and, presumably, how upstanding they are in our little online community). Like Lyichir said, if we just start using random BIONICLE-related items, that connection will be lost.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I don't understand the "honor BIONICLE through spinnies" argument. For years to come - and for possibly the rest of this site's life - users with BIONICLE spinnies will far outrank users with Hero Factory spinnies. Plus, they're tiny little icons. We have Hapori Tohu head, the rank names, the rank images, the mask emoticons and the emorphicons added to the database, the proto bar, and even the site's name itself to remind us of our BIONICLE heritage.The spinnies, aside from being cool, have always been a good way to keep track of how long a member has been on (and, presumably, how upstanding they are in our little online community). Like Lyichir said, if we just start using random BIONICLE-related items, that connection will be lost.
I find it funny how people can get upset over a small image. After all, spinnes were used to represent the BIONICLE toyline through the years. However, BIONICLE did end; there's no problem with having an eleven year old spinny most users will not even get to have for a lot of years, assuming Bzpower exists by then. Edited by Riglax

I find it funny how people can get upset over a small image. After all, spinnes were used to represent the BIONICLE toyline through the years. However, BIONICLE did end; there's no problem with having an eleven year old spinny most users will not even get to have for a lot of years, assuming Bzpower exists by then.
To be honest, I was only slightly bummed, but I'm okay with a Hero Factory Spinny (contrary to what many people here are saying). Rocka was a surprise, but he's cool. The only ones who are getting their knickers in a knot seem to be all the Hero Factory fans who think that not liking HF or not being bonkers over it is equal to wanting Bionicle to come back (It would be cool if it came back, or at least for some closure on the storyline's lose ends, but I'm not obsessed, and I know a few who dislike Hero Factory but still are okay or have "moved on" from Bionicle's ending).
*snip*-SK
Indeed, Velox.
That's an awful argument. Just because we're a LEGO forum doesn't mean we have to change our name to LEGO Zone Power.
Just because we're a "Lego forum" does not mean we have to change everything in the site to please everyone. Besides, we originally began as a Lego sub theme forum. It became General Lego only later on.
]Seriously. Let go. BIONICLE's over and soon all the forums that see most of the BIONICLE-themed content are going to move on also. They're already near dead. BZP's a LEGO forum and that's the way it's gotta be, and if you all try to keep BIONICLE around as much as this then it's surely going to die.Don't get me wrong--it's okay to have BIONICLE content. But the fact that people still haven't moved on bothers me since it's been practically two years since it ended and a year since anyone last saw Greg. Any hope for it has already died, so why are we trying to create false hope for it?-SK[/b]
Who said still liking Bionicle, or wanting a site to stay true to its roots is "not moving on"? You're putting up a straw man. "BIONICLE's over and soon all the forums that see most of the BIONICLE-themed content are going to move on also. They're already near dead."Name one."BZP's a LEGO forum and that's the way it's gotta be, and if you all try to keep BIONICLE around as much as this then it's surely going to die"How does that make any sense? With that faulty logic we can assume that anything Bionicle related is killing the line.What's wrong with liking something that ended 2 years ago? People still like it, hence they want to discuss it on a forum that is relevant to their interests. But everyone seems to be determined to change the forum into something else. Not saying there's no place for other things besides Bionicle, but everyone seems to treat it as some sort of anathema now."Don't get me wrong--it's okay to have BIONICLE content. But the fact that people still haven't moved on"I don't understand. From the rest of your post, it seems that you're equalizing still wanting Bionicle to have a place in a Bionicle fan site (and claiming that the fandom will die) to not moving on, then saying that it's okay to like Bionicle. Your argument seems to be rendering itself meaningless.

The Krika Show Season 2 

Guys, don't make such a big deal out of the new spinny. It's completely irrelevant to whether BIONICLE will live on or return or whatnot. BZPower is not forgetting its roots because of one tiny image which, as people have pointed out, only few people will even feature for some time. Actually, those who think BIONICLE and our roots are disappearing from this site will soon be proven wrong. Anyway, my point is that you are starting to get off-topic. This topic is about the new spinny, not about how BZPower should deal with the end of BIONICLE.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Guys, don't make such a big deal out of the new spinny. It's completely irrelevant to whether BIONICLE will live on or return or whatnot. BZPower is not forgetting its roots because of one tiny image which, as people have pointed out, only few people will even feature for some time. Actually, those who think BIONICLE and our roots are disappearing from this site will soon be proven wrong.Anyway, my point is that you are starting to get off-topic. This topic is about the new spinny, not about how BZPower should deal with the end of BIONICLE.-Gata signoff.png
I'm just continuing the thread, but you're right. I've expressed my opinions on the spinny twice anyways.I wonder what will shatter all misconceptions that you and Deevee are talking about, lol.

The Krika Show Season 2 

No, we're arguing that it's okay for people to be disappointed and express the fact that they are disappointed. =P (at least, that's what I'm arguing) Apparently, to some people, it's not okay to be disappointed that the spinny is HF instead of Bionicle, and in turn, I am then arguing why it makes sense (and why I'm disappointed) to have a Bionicle spinny. But see, I also pointed out why it makes sense to have a HF spinny, and that's why I don't really care that much. Doesn't change the fact that I'm not a tad bit disappointed, though. 'tis all. I don't want people to not be allowed to have opinions, because to me, saying you dislike something is completely okay (I mean, to an extent, of course; within reason), and doesn't mean that you haven't "moved on" -- I've definitely moved on from Bionicle, but I'm still just slightly disappointed. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

And there are those that like Hero Factory and want to see more of that in the forum and are told it shouldn't exist on this board because it somehow degrades the rich Bionicle history we have.Both sides are making silly, overdramatic arguments that make a way bigger deal out of a little spinning icon then there should be.Hence my reaction to this argument.

Yo.

All of you who think by changing the spinny to a HF one that we're abandoning our Bionicle roots are going to be very surprised in the near future when we prove you wrong with other changes.
THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME.The new spinny is very nice. I don't know if Rocka's head is the most iconic representation of Hero Factory, but it serves its purpose. Happy anniversary, BZP. ^_^
BZPRPG

And there are those that like Hero Factory and want to see more of that in the forum and are told it shouldn't exist on this board because it somehow degrades the rich Bionicle history we have.Both sides are making silly, overdramatic arguments that make a way bigger deal out of a little spinning icon then there should be.Hence my reaction to this argument.
No one is saying that Hero Factory shouldn't exist here. You're putting up a straw man.Really, the whole thing is "silly", and all Velox and I did was point out slight disappointments while praising the fact that it was Rocka. Everyone else apparently took offense to that horrible notion of having a different opinion on the 11 year spinny. Edited by MakutaKlak

The Krika Show Season 2 

[clipped]
Media Discussion is dead. People can't even come up with solid ideas to bring attention back to it (there's a topic there asking for ideas).I'm also not contradicting my own argument. I said that if we keep BIONICLE the primary focus, the site's gonna die. What's not true about that? I then proceeded to say that we can still have BIONICLE content without it dying, because if this becomes a real LEGO forum, it would consist of all LEGO products, past and current, and that includes BIONICLE.Is it my fault you can't understand my argument? ;)Also, we're not taking offense, and especially not towards the fact that you dislike the spinny. I just disapprove of the fact that you guys think we're throwing out what this site was built on by making a new spinny. I've been around longer than both you and Velox, so I think I have a slightly better idea of what made this site what it is, but even then, there are people here who have been around nearly twice as long as me who say the same thing.On top of that, since BIONICLE's ended, what use is there in trying to give ourselves falsified happiness and hope as though it's still going on? I respect BIONICLE and you guys are free to still like it, but if you think that after 2 years of it having ended, it's still appropriate to have a BIONICLE spinny, then you are massively and sadly stubborn, holding on to something that has already had its fame, and whose end has already come and gone.-SK Edited by Shadow Kurahk

Media Discussion is dead. People can't even come up with solid ideas to bring attention back to it (there's a topic there asking for ideas).
One forum. You said there were several.
I'm also not contradicting my own argument. I said that if we keep BIONICLE the primary focus, the site's gonna die. What's not true about that? I then proceeded to say that we can still have BIONICLE content without it dying, because if this becomes a real LEGO forum, it would consist of all LEGO products, past and current, and that includes BIONICLE.Is it my fault you can't understand my argument? ;)
It is if you don't word it correctly, actually. But I understand now.
Also, we're not taking offense,and especially not towards the fact that you dislike the spinny. I just disapprove of the fact that you guys think we're throwing out what this site was built on by making a new spinny. I've been around longer than both you and Velox, so I think I have a slightly better idea of what made this site what it is, but even then, there are people here who have been around nearly twice as long as me who say the same thing.
So you assume that just because you were on the site longer than Velox or I that our opinions are not exactly correct?And honestly, the rhetoric from the staff really shows that you ARE throwing out what made this site. The spinny's just a symptom. Again, as I have repeated constantly, I don't hate the spinny at all, I'm just slightly bummed that it couldn't have been Bionicle or at least something more representative and universal of Hero Factory (like Furno). But Rocka is cool, and the gif seems great. You are the one who continues getting annoyed at the fact that someone prefers Bionicle over Hero Factory.
On top of that, since BIONICLE's ended, what use is there in trying to give ourselves falsified happiness and hope as though it's still going on?
As much as I would like to continue that thread, it's slightly irrelevant to the discussion. We are speaking about a spinny, not whether or not Bionicle should come back. Besides, a fandom is still interested in something regardless of whether or not it still continues. Again, it seems you're equating still liking and having an interest in further Bionicle discussion/activities as not getting over it.Also, although you claim this to be a general Lego fan site (nothing wrong with that), that would still not invalidate the option for a Bionicle spinny, and neither does it invalidate a Hero Factory spinny.
I respect BIONICLE and you guys are free to still like it, but if you think that after 2 years of it having ended, it's still appropriate to have a BIONICLE spinny, then you are massively and sadly stubborn, holding on to something that has already had its fame, and whose end has already come and gone.-SK
No one is massively and sadly stubborn. We were merely expressing an opinion that apparently is anathema to many. In fact, I even conceded to accepting a Hero Factory spinny.Had I been as stubborn as you so claim, I would not have done so. I have even bought a HF set at one point. Just because I remind a fan site of its roots or express an opinion of slight disappointment does not mean I am "massively and sadly stubborn".Again, you're putting up a straw man. Which is interesting, considering that you seem to be accusing me of misinterpreting your entire argument while you do the same to mine. Edited by MakutaKlak

The Krika Show Season 2 

And honestly, the rhetoric from the staff really shows that you ARE throwing out what made this site.
I do believe this will soon be proven wrong on a considerably larger scale than a small rotating image.And really I don't see any "rhetoric" that suggests we're abandoning the BIONICLE roots. The site's focus is going to broaden to incorporate LEGO as a whole, but take a look at the rank images, the ranks, the front page graphics, and the site's name. They're all BIONICLE-based. The news post tags? Those are masks from ten years ago. Tohu's still Tohu, still a Mata head with large Mata gears. The ranks encompass many years of BIONICLE, even having been expanded from what they were originally. Even the proto bars are based around Protodermis. Those aren't about to be changed.However, moving forward we can't always be looking back. Spinnies are representative of the years, and this year was Hero Factory. Last year was special, so it was the odd one out. Making this year's spinny represent all of Hero Factory wouldn't fit, especially given that Hero Factory is likely to continue further.I personally was against using Furno or Stormer as the spinny, simply because they used the same helmet molds as they did in 2010. For me it was a toss-up between Evo and Rocka, with Rocka winning out because he was sort of the "flagship" of the initial Breakout wave and because he kept to the gold-or-red motif that's prevalent in the spinnies.tl;dr: Having something that isn't BIONICLE doesn't mean we're abandoning our roots. This is a very silly thing to be arguing about in general.

OpAXNpl.jpg

[clipped]
Heh, I suppose I was mistaken then. I really assumed your argument was one towards BIONICLE and BZPower as a whole, not aimed at the specific spinny. In any case, I was stupid to let myself get so drawn in.I apologize if I ever spoke in a rude or condescending way. I support the open sharing of ideas and opinions, but my argument was merely against the notion one small aspect of this site, which sits to the side of someone's post and is essentially unnoticeable being representative of this site's entire history, as well as the fact that sticking to our "BIONICLE roots" is going to get us nowhere if we do it too faithfully.-SK Edited by Shadow Kurahk

And honestly, the rhetoric from the staff really shows that you ARE throwing out what made this site. The spinny's just a symptom. Again, as I have repeated constantly, I don't hate the spinny at all, I'm just slightly bummed that it couldn't have been Bionicle or at least something more representative and universal of Hero Factory (like Furno). But Rocka is cool, and the gif seems great. You are the one who continues getting annoyed at the fact that someone prefers Bionicle over Hero Factory.
I'll address the rhetoric bit in a moment...When it comes to people getting annoyed, it probably stems from the fact that there are people, not specifically you, that adamantly argue that Hero Factory shouldn't be on this site. It's not a straw man argument, it actually happens! It's happened in this topic even, just look through all the pages and you'll see people arguing that Hero Factory is essentially a scourge against BZPower. But that becomes then thing then, when people say those types of things, it happens to associate all dissent with it. People grow tired of constant complaining, so even if it isn't much more than "I'm disappointed it wasn't Bionicle" it ends up bringing back up those old wounds so to speak.And that dovetails into our rhetoric that supposedly shows that we are throwing away our rich Bionicle history (despite several staff members saying that we have a surprise in the works that definitely keeps up our Bionicle tradition). Our rhetoric may seem more heated at times, but it's because we've grown weary of having to deal with people telling us we shouldn't do anything not related to Bionicle. We want what's best for BZPower, we want to move the site forward and continue to be a great news and community site, but that's difficult to do when your subject material is dead and not coming back. We do our best to honor Bionicle (and if we were going to throw away our Bionicle history why would we keep our rank images, the existing 10 years of spinnies, etc..) but we need to be forward looking and do what we can to keep interest in the site alive. It's a struggle for us as we lost one of our biggest differentiators against other Lego fan sites. So if we seem impatient when all we get is people complaining that we're ignoring our Bionicle history by doing things not related to Bionicle, understand it comes from the perspective of people trying to juggle keeping this site relevant while hold true to our roots, all of which takes us time to develop.

Yo.

I only have one problem with the new spinny.The 3d model is from LDD.
Well the Ackar helmet was from that 3D Glatorian Game (courtesy of Bink), so it's not exactly unprecedented.
Actually, I believe it was from the animated bios on BIONICLE.com, or rather, Ackar's 3D model for it.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Rocka's head is nice, but I don't approve this idea. BZP was born like a BIONICLE site and so it should have remained, even if the line has been discontinued. I think a more generic Mata Nui island would have been perfect. But, whatever, it's not in my power to decide this.
What does the island of Mata Nui have to do with the year 2012? Absolutely nothing.BZP is still a Bionicle site, but it's not going to pretend Bionicle is going to keep the site alive on its own. There is zero new Bionicle content being released currently, with the exception of one or two new images each month on FaberFiles. Meanwhile, Bionicle's creators (Lego) continue to put out new products and media, giving us something to discuss that hasn't already been beaten to death over Bionicle's 10-year lifespan.Frankly, your post is the kind that gives Bionicle fans the negative image of being stuck in the past. Shifting our focus as a site is nowhere near the same thing as abandoning our roots.