Soran

I thought I would make this in case it comes in handy. It's nothing much and I know it's not great, but if you would like to include it in your kit I would be honored.haporitohur.png(and yes, Hapori Tohu's body is terribly colored LOL)
I edited the gear color because it was a bit too light of a yellow to be accurate. So I used a light gold instead:haporitohur.png-Rez
WOW Thank You. That's Perfect :D

sig2_0.png

• 4 weeks later...

Will there be any Hordika masks (or heads) for this kit?

Edited by Oneker: Toa of Felines

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

• 4 weeks later...
No idea if I'll make any or not. Depends on how many reference photos I have since I have very few hordika sets.Update Guys. I know I haven't been spending a lot of time spriting, and I'm sorry about that. I've been rather bored with spriting and BZPower in general. Either way I'm back with updates. Not a large update sadly, only a few more masks.I added a fully complete Miru Nuva finally. The Miru Nuva is probably one of the more annoying masks to sprite out of all the masks I've made so far. At least I finally made one I'm happy with.I also added a prototype/incomplete section for the kit which is basically some masks that don't have complete spinnies or are just prototype masks for the kit. I might add prototype bodies as well since I have a few of those as well.~Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
New news update.chimoru_r_matoran_life.pngThis specific image is just a life cycle I created to test out some things. In it you see the already created matoran, the turaga sprite I announced a while ago, and the new prototype Toa sprite! Now in the next update (which I don't know when will be happening, depends on how much time I will have during the day) I will be releasing a couple new masks as well as most likely the completed turaga sprite sheet and possibly (I doubt it) the Toa sprite sheet as well.Process on both:Turaga: Currently working on the 360 spinny of the turaga. Afterwards all I have to do is create all the poses and I'm done with it. The turaga was created to look a little similar to the ones in the bionicle movies which is why the body and feet and such were designed in such a way. Toa: I actually just created it a hour ago so its still in the prototype phase. I might make some changes to it, I don't know. if you guys think it looks fine then I'll just create the sprite sheet.The Toa was designed to look like a combination of the MoL Movie Toa as well as a larger version of the Matoran. As you can see, the torso of the toa looks similar to the matoran's, just in a more larger, longer scale. I am not sure if I'm going to stick with the Nuva legs or not for the standard toa. I've tried created other styles for the legs but they never really looked that good with the nuva one being the superior of the bunch. Now there are no official kit expansions yet, only a news update, sorry guys but at least you got to see whats coming up next.~Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

(totally not feeling a bit out of place right now)Hey, so, since I've admired that kit ever since it was first posted (or adored it, whatever term you prefer), I thought I might as well drop by and take a look at the Toa.And it looks great. Especially the torso. It really has that MoL 'feeling', yet fits in with the general look of the Chimoru R kit. Well done.Thee's something slightly odd about the proportions, though. I think I know what you were going for, but the way it is now, the head appears a bit too big in comparison to the rest. :/I'd suggest making the feet a bit bigger so that you have some sort of 'counter-weight' to balance it out a bit (and maybe lengthen the legs a bit, but I'm not 100% sure about that) but of course, that's just my view of things. ;)Apart from that, it's really cool, though. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I must say, that is the best toa sprite I've ever seen! All the ones in other kits either look too chubby or skinny, but this really brings and reflect to out my internal imagination of toa. Again, you've done a spectacular job, soran.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I dont mean to be a downer, but the toa could use a bit more thigh and shoulder size, but who am i kidding, it's your kit! yet the turaga should be a pixle or two higher and the legs a bit more to the side of the waist. for set purposes. but I do like the... I forgot what it's called. the cloth thing. other than that, it's perfect!

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Thee's something slightly odd about the proportions, though. I think I know what you were going for, but the way it is now, the head appears a bit too big in comparison to the rest. :/I'd suggest making the feet a bit bigger so that you have some sort of 'counter-weight' to balance it out a bit (and maybe lengthen the legs a bit, but I'm not 100% sure about that) but of course, that's just my view of things. ;)Apart from that, it's really cool, though. ^^
I actually agree with you on this and I went to check it out. I might have to make the toa a little bit bigger to make the things look right. When I was creating it I actually forgot to check it with the heads mainly just checking the size comparison with the bodies. It really depends on which mask was used, as I tried it with some more masks and some of them look great while others don't (like the hau and avohkii). Looks like I might have to change it up a little bit before releasing it.
I dont mean to be a downer, but the toa could use a bit more thigh and shoulder size, but who am i kidding, it's your kit! yet the turaga should be a pixle or two higher and the legs a bit more to the side of the waist. for set purposes. but I do like the... I forgot what it's called. the cloth thing. other than that, it's perfect!
You're not a downer, its called criticism which I appreciate, so thank you. I'm already working on changing up the toa a little bit to make the masks work better. I've also extended the shoulders and will probably fix the thighs. The turaga I actually won't be changing simply because it wasn't designed to be accurate to the set's proportions. If I was going for the set proportions the matoran would be shorter. Its actually designed to look like the turaga in MoL (which is where the torso comes in) and the legs were designed to be put in such a way to make it look like the body is slightly hunched. It also meant to show the similarity of the bodies and how its an evolution (which is why the body of the toa looks similar to the matoran's). I was deciding about the height but when I tried to make it taller before it didn't really look too good so I decided against it. Thanks for the critique, I appreciate these they show me what I could improve on. ~Soran

Updatechimoru_r_toa_six_shade_by_soarinskies-d5ktvp2.pngUpdated the Toa body. I followed some of the instructions you guys gave to make it look better. I ended up widening the shoulders and the thighs. With this I managed to get it to get a big larger in size which makes the masks look better now with the body. I'm not sure how all the masks look on the body (I don't feel like testing it) but for the most part a lot of the larger masks (like the Mistika Hau Nuva) even look good with it (just my opinion). Because I was bored I made it multi-colored. So if anyone wants to test out the body, go ahead and tell me if there is anything that needs to be improved about it.~Soran

Honestly I liked the old toa better. This one looks a little too chesty.
You can most likely get the old one's look by just moving the right shoulder 1 pixel to the right. Not sure which toa body I'll use for the sprite sheet. If it gets too debatable I'll probably make both in both positions.~Soran

It's Chimoru fan kits like this that get me wondering "Why in the world am I still using Regular Chimoru".

You've done quite well. It is by far more detailed and set accurate then Chimoru. It also has enough poses to make some random animation with. Karz, I just can't say anything bad about this kit in any way. You have left me speechless. Well done. I just hope you'll make lot and lots of more additions to this kit. I would like to request something though. Now I must ask something that will be Karz to sprite: a Piraka Hakann head. Could you?

- HDXC2000 5.0

Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0

• 3 weeks later...

May I request an Iden?

----------

I'm working on the kanohi iden. It might take a little while since it is a hard mask to sprite.

So, how are doing on the Metru Matoran? I like how you used actual feet for the Metru Matoran instead of the Mata Maatoran feet. HDXC2000 6.0

----------

I haven't made that much progress on it, I'm currently working on the toa.

Soran when will the Toa and Turaga sheet be finished?

----------

There isn't a specific time that I think it will be finished. The Turaga I haven't really started on, but it is very similar to the matoran so it shouldn't take very long. The Toa will take a little while since I'm having to sprite more new things and figure out the walk cycle and 360. At the moment I'm trying to get the standard poses in for the Toa. If there is a specific one you need at the moment (whether its the Turaga, Toa, or Metruan) then I'll work on that.

~Soran

----------

There isn't a specific time that I think it will be finished. The Turaga I haven't really started on, but it is very similar to the matoran so it shouldn't take very long. The Toa will take a little while since I'm having to sprite more new things and figure out the walk cycle and 360. At the moment I'm trying to get the standard poses in for the Toa. If there is a specific one you need at the moment (whether its the Turaga, Toa, or Metruan) then I'll work on that.

~Soran

I would like the Toa one and as for the turaga I'll use the matoran body wearing the robes.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

• 3 weeks later...

No idea if I'll make any or not. Depends on how many reference photos I have since I have very few hordika sets.

Maybe this can help? Link

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I may be able to sprite that for you Rohan.

Are you going to make a... uhh... 360 vertically? it would help alot.

and may I request an olmak for brutico? I have a good bit for it... and I am revamping him.

AND I MADE AN IGNIKA.

chimoru_r_ignika.png

Edited by Loganto The Bo-Matoran

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

All of you have been waiting for this...

The Toa Spritesheet

chimoru_r_toa_spritesheet.png

I'm pretty happy with how the toa turned out but there are some 'issues' about it. One is that The toa is a bit harder to make custom poses with and it may take some time to get use to. Another is that there probably won't be a 'female' version of the spritesheet, mainly because I don't feel like making one so if it looks male to you then oh well. Its neutral for now. Otherwise, the spritesheet is created and now you guys can stop bothering me about it.

~Soran