The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

it was when they were leaving Reach, but Precursors were never mentioned, to the best of my memories

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

I thought the book put it that it was more likely to be the Precursors, though I am not sure where in the book that was in terms of page or chapter numbers. I think it was when they were leaving Reach, but I am not that sure.
I do recall that, but we have to remember that as far as we know, Humanity is unaware of the Precursors at this point. Also, Forerunner and Precursor both mean "one that comes before", so they might have just been using it to mean the Forerunners, as it was found in a Forerunner Ruin that wasn't shielded from the Neural pulse from the Halos. (Assuming it follows how all precursor tech is vulnerable to the Halos)That said, I'm still curious about the Crystal's actual purpose and use.Still, does anyone think we could find a living, breathing Precursor in the future? I'm curious about Primordial, and the fact that it was revealed to have

marooned on an ancient proto-planet at the edge of the Galaxy... I wonder if the Precursors had a fallout among the survivors? Also, I'm curious if they were all one race? Finally... I wonder what became of the Legendary Organon...

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Man I really need to read the Forerunner books it seems. Halo Legends featured a bit about how the Forerunners brought the humans back to life after the Halos activated and wiped out all life on the galaxy was pretty cool.But as for religious overtones... we have the flood... (never realized the connection till now) and we have the Ark XD.Who is this Legendary Organon?Also I read some of the terminals in HALO CE anniversary.... but I never knew they had them in Halo 3! I need to replay Halo 3 now and find them all! And read them!

Edited by Flex Nard

Man I really need to read the Forerunner books it seems. Halo Legends featured a bit about how the Forerunners brought the humans back to life after the Halos activated and wiped out all life on the galaxy was pretty cool.But as for religious overtones... we have the flood... (never realized the connection till now) and we have the Ark XD.Who is this Legendary Organon?Also I read some of the terminals in HALO CE anniversary.... but I never knew they had them in Halo 3! I need to replay Halo 3 now and find them all! And read them!
Oops, my bad. The Organon is a "Legendary Precursor Artifact", not a person (forgot to spell check, lol) according to the Bornstellar-Didact. It supposedly has the power to control all Precursor artifacts... Currently, it's state is unknown, and there are currently no named or described precursor artifacts. But in regards to the Human/Forerunner connection, I think it's Ironic Humans and Forerunners were the greatest enemies. It makes me wonder if this "Reclaimer" trilogy will be about reclaiming the lost power and technology of ancient humanity, not merely grabbing Forerunner artifacts.Also...

This is massive speculation, but I have this horrible suspicion the flood might actually BE a Precursor artifact (an organic one), and that perhaps the Organon is connected to them? They wouldn't bring up a unique artifact in the book, and just drop it.

The Composer might be another Precursor Artifact.... I'm still not sure it's Forerunner.

Edited by Rausaro

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

I don't know I was reading about the Primordial and stuff which was a gravemind, and its conversations with the Didiact and stuff, and it said that the flood and the Precursors were one in the same but did not explain how. Which is pretty confusing, and that humans were meant to take up the mantle not the Foureunners.

I don't know I was reading about the Primordial and stuff which was a gravemind, and its conversations with the Didiact and stuff, and it said that the flood and the Precursors were one in the same but did not explain how. Which is pretty confusing, and that humans were meant to take up the mantle not the Foureunners.
I suspect that the Flood are actually a stage of Precursor life, and that perhaps the Gravemind we've seen in Halo is actually a larval/early stage? The Gravemind in the Forerunner era was described as an arthropod like creature similar to a Sea Scorpion, and in Primordial it's described as looking like an ugly spider or beetle like thing. That could explain how they are one and the same...however, the Didact also makes a comment, if I recall correctly, implying that the Primordial is merely mimicking a Precursor.It might be a fake. That said, it sounds like we will learn how the flood were created in Silentium....With that in mind, I noticed a flaw in my theory about the flood/precursor connection: Silentium states the flood were created 10 Million years ago. The other two books imply the Precursors are at least a Billion years old, so clearly they came into being before the flood. Edited by Rausaro

Oh, my head... >_<Looking at the new armor permutations, I'm a bit disappointed with some. They just don't seem like they're MJOLNIR. Just MJOLNIR bootlegs. Discounting helmets seen before, here are my favorite helmets.RogueVanguardFOTUSRecruitOceanicOrbitalStriderVenatorProtector

Edited by Delta Titan Sparta

FOTUS wins. The one I don't like is EVA. Reach's was fine. They also ruined HazOp, but having Scout, Operator and Aviator, I'm satisfied! :PThe Forerunner mission gameplay looks interesting. But I don't agree with the change of the sound of Ghosts' fire. Promethean Watchers seemingly will be a pain to kill, they move more than Drones!

Well, I haven't commented in a while...I was kinda iffy on the Flood in multiplayer, but seeing gameplay of it, I actually like it. I just hope you can change the weapon you use for the Flood... I want to be able to play diffrent kinds of games, like Fat Kid with gravity hammer.I love the Strider helmet along with the Rouge. Both look really good.I am willing to do a Halo:Reach farewell game night, and then possibly the next week play a Halo 4 game night, or wait a bit for some custom maps to be made. But seeing the new forge world... it'll take a lot less time to make maps (Magnetized pieces, so no hours getting floors right, I think a copy & paste tool has been confirmed, and you can see what's selected).and I was... slightly surprised how the Ghost and Banshee turrets sounded. They didn't sound how they should (I would expect it kinda to be a pewpewpew or sizzling zapping sound), but sounded more like a real gun... but of course the sound is still pretty good.I just want them to bring back BTB or something... and invasion. Invasion is extremely fun to play.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

The Didact never spoke to a Precursor. It was later revealed that the prisoner was actually a Gravemind.There's no speculation that he wasn't a Precursor because he really wasn't.With that said, I'd love to meet a Precursor. I mean, transsentient beings? How cool isn't that?
"I am the last Precursor, and our answer is at hand" -Primordial. According to the creature, it IS a Precursor. Remember, we know incredibly little about them. For all we know, Precursors could be advanced Graveminds. It's also possible that the Didact is in denial about the true nature of the Precursors, especially as it's implied he's never actually seen any other "Precursor". A transentient being might be interesting... I just hope if we run into one that it's sympathetic.

Or maybe the Gravemind absorbed the Precursor and forced it to speak, like the Halo 3 Gravemind did with Mendicant Bias or the Prophet.
Seeing as the Precursors predate the flood by billions of years, I'm not sure that's possible. It's heavily implied they are the actual source of the flood. Silentium's description states the flood was "created" 10 million years ago outside of our Galaxy.

I finally watched the Mantis reveal... I was impressed. Still, I wonder if we'll have to fight

Forerunner War Sphinxes with it?

Lolwhut now? o.oWhy, Bungie? Why didn't you renew the contract!?
Because they were bored of the franchise, and Activision bought them out? Anyway, with 343, we still have Frankie. I've been honestly impressed by the new direction Halo's going, and how it seems to be a much more cohesive story (as of right now) than Bungie's convoluted tale. The sheer level of Retcons bungie dropped was quite impressive, and it made it difficult to connect the games with the books. With 343, both the Kilo-5 trilogy and the Forerunner trilogy seem to be directly connected to events in the game.

That's cause they're being written that way. ;)Although I must say that I was unimpressed with the writing style of Glasslands. When I read a Halo novel, I expect the style to be like how Eric Nylund wrote his novels. He essentially set the bar for Halo novels, IMHO. Most of the other writers weren't as good.

I was looking at the map descriptions for "Abandon", and it appears we might have an interesting side story. , "On the remote world of Erebus VII, at the very edge of human-occupied space, an ONI research facility which was once teaming with researchers now lies eerily vacant. Although the hostility of this world had been initially considered by its team leaders, it is tragically clear that a great many ‘things’ had simply not been taken into account." Also: "From the start, the theme for this map was constructed around the story of an ONI research team that mysteriously disappeared. We wanted to leave some story breadcrumbs that helped to imply that something dramatic occurred in this location."What do you guys think? Could this relate to the main plot?

I doubt the main plot... I expect it will take place entirely on Requiem, except for maybe like the last level or something.But it could tie into the books, maybe. Or they may never mention it again. I want to get a closer look at whatever is in those tubes.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

It seems obvious to me that they encountered the Flood and were either killed or assimilated.
That's the problem... there's no sign of flood Biomass. Remember, on flood worlds, even the vegetation is absorbed.I wonder if it's a new enemy; I always wondered if the Precursors might create a new servant race or something....Also, saw Episode 1 of Forward unto Dawn. I have to admit, I got chills from the opening sequence.

I just finished Forward Unto Dawn, it was awesome, anyone else see it too?
Yeah. I saw when i got home from school. It was worth the wait. Can't wait for the next episode.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

I enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn for the most part, but the main protagonist just rubs me the wrong way. Something about his attitude just doesn't sit right with me.Also, that one girl kind of reminds me of the Nostalgia Chick.