Anyone Still Like Vnog?

toa newnia

This sums it up quite nicely.objectives.pngIt's a good game, but the repetitiveness does get boring.EDIT: On the blue side of the graph, I meant Gafna, not Gavna.
lol, yeah, pretty much. I would always fight a few Rahi along the way while traveling to talk to Garan. Or kill a Gafna.

Herp Derp

The game was fantastically made. It was one of their only two fighting RPGs (the other should be obvious). The lack of player interaction was a bit of a disappointment, as having the ability to meet with other players (maximum of 6, of course) would have been cool. Of course, the game would be drastically different if that were the case. I found the game to be quite enjoyable and will replay it at some point in the future. It was made by Ankama Studios, who made Dofus, which remains one of my favorite MMOs.As said above, the game really can't be compared to MNOGs I and II. The games are all significantly different. VNOG is best for those who enjoy fighting RPGs and grinding.Vezon is quite easy to defeat. Just pick up two Launchers (the powerful versions) and shoot him then run away. He won't ever reach you. I assume that works for most characters although I haven't played recently. For Zaktan, if you can beat Vezon, you can beat Zaktan. He's ridiculously underpowered, especially since you have the Mask of Life. He should be at least twice as powerful if not more.

Edited by BobaFett2

The Legend Lives...

When it first came out, I enjoyed VNOG somewhat, but due to a glitch I never made it past the third chapter. It seems like the original MNOG was the only significant online Bionicle game that wasn't riddled with massive bugs - which is fortunate, as that would have made even more tedious than it was back in the age of dial-up internet.

VNOG bored me, frankly. It had no meaningful story information (or if there was any, I didn't get to it).
That is because 2006 was the year Bionicle officially abandoned any attempts to synchronize its main storyline material with its additional multimedia content. Between VNOG, Piraka Attack, Matoran Escape, Inika Island Assault, the interactive flash videos, and Bionicle Heroes, the Voya Nui saga alone spawned around half a dozen alternate continuties. It's understandable, considering that most typical Bionicle fans had only a basic knowledge of the storyline, and thus didn't care about inconsistencies between online games and books they likely never even read. And anyways, the increasingly intense and Toa-centric focus of the storyline made another MNOG type game all but impossible. Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

• 4 weeks later...

I've played the game all the way though as every toa, most of the Piraka and several rahi using the cheats. And yes it does get repetitive but i use the cheats to get from place to place.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

I liked it, yet they should have made a metru nui online game.
I can't remember, because it was so long ago for me, but I believe there was a really awesome fan-made game that took place in metru nui. To describe it, I think I would say it's kind of a combination between the mnogs and vnog. And it was awesome. I really wish I could remember what it was, I would totally try to find a way to play it. You could play akilini!

The first Toa of Cereal

I can't remember, because it was so long ago for me, but I believe there was a really awesome fan-made game that took place in metru nui. To describe it, I think I would say it's kind of a combination between the mnogs and vnog. And it was awesome. I really wish I could remember what it was, I would totally try to find a way to play it. You could play akilini!
http://www.menol.org/There you go. Easily one of the best, if not the best, fan-created BIONICLE games in existance.

le-koro_banner.jpg

This sums it up quite nicely.objectives.pngIt's a good game, but the repetitiveness does get boring.EDIT: On the blue side of the graph, I meant Gafna, not Gavna.
You perfectly summarised the overall tedium of a lot of the gameplay. The graphics were pretty cool though. I feel it should have had a better name than Voya Nui online game, that was just given because of the MNOG and MNOG 2. It had very little resemblance to those, and objectives were very different.
Lol. I thought I was actually getting somewhere when playing the game, so I put up with the tedium. And finished it. But you are indeed correct.
http://www.menol.org/There you go. Easily one of the best, if not the best, fan-created BIONICLE games in existance.
Actually, Menol suffers from tedium even worse than VNOG does. I don't want to think about the steel-gathering, widget-earning, brick-making...it took an eon, and it was so tiring.

VNOG was the first real game I ever played. I was eight years old, and at that point my parents would not allow me to play video games, they finally caved when I was ten. Since VNOG is really just a flash game, they let me play it, not really thinking anything of it. I played it while I was on vacation in France, and I became hooked, and it took me two weeks to beat. I cried when it was over, since I'd never really played a real video game before that could be completed. I have never played it since then, but after the rush of nostalgia that overcame me when seeing images from it, I imagine I would just become ecstatic. My dad says that he remembers the game's two songs when he remembers that vacation. VNOG is, without a doubt, the best flash game ever produced (tying with the MNOGs, and Menol).

Edited by Magnetic Vorahk
I miss BIONICLE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I only actually finished it last week. The game was really good, although the chart posted earlier is 100% accurate. The running back and forth was a massive pain. (I abused the console and teleported around the island instead, to save my sanity.) I liked how the weapons got gradually more powerful as you went along, and how they did different stuff. One big complaint I have (other than Earth and Stone being mixed up) is that the final boss was a huge let down. Zaktan? AFTER Vezon? Zaktan was a pushover that I finished in two rounds, and Vezon in four. Right before that, I had to fave FIVE Piraka, some of whom had more than a thousand HP. Plus, I felt the ending was a bit anticlimactic. "Yay. You got the Ignika. Now let's continue playing the same music you've been listening to this entire game."Don't get me wrong, though, I had lots of fun getting that far, though!

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Truth! This was the only reason why I never played it again after I finished it. Too much back and forth. But the art style was cool, and the whole RPG element to it was great.TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

*Just beat Vezon/Fennrakk in a seperate window*What? Me, still liking the Voya Nui Online Game? I - hold on a second.Please Zaktan, I just beat every other Skakdi on this island in a row, two of which had two thousand HP. You're not honestly...Yes, apparently you are honestly.Uh, so yeah. I actually liked this game quite a bit, especially in the way some of the Piraka's abilities were handled. They could've seen more use, though, especially vision powers.Side note: I loved the Lava Launcher. It was so helpful against five of the Piraka, at least in combination with my Stone Power Launcher.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here it is! http://www.menol.org/menol/index.htm