Waves Of The South

IC (Malok, Brutaka's Homeland): "I'll come along" Malok stated. "All this talk of negociating as equals is much more appealing than 'You are conscripted, so come'". He still didn't greatly trust these beings, but the current arrangement didn't seem too bad.

ppg2.png

IC: Time seemed to slow down. The string grew taut under Keran's fingers as he pulled back the arrow. The muaka's neck extended outward towards Lesvera. And when the arrow was as far back as it would go... Snap! It flew forward, guided by subtle nudges in the air, and slammed into the kanohi on the muaka's right side, well exposed to him. Just as he'd suspected, the body was still when the head was elsewhere. No movement, no wind interference. A perfect shot.The mask went flying off the beast's side, followed shortly by a roar of anger as it felt its power dipping. Just like Toa and Matoran, rahi that wore masks drew energy from them. They rarely needed the masks to survive as Matoran did, but that didn't make the loss of a mask pleasant by any means. However, it had one left and still looked hungry. Now Keran figured he could help out another way... and kind of wished he'd thought of it before.The Toa activated his Kanohi Garai - the Great Mask of Gravity - and began to increase the weight of the creature's head while its neck was still extended. Now try and eat us!^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC (Misty Island): Lesvera watched as the rahi's mast went spinning into the mist. The Muaka roared in protest, but it's movements quickly became sluggish. It slowed down even more when Keran suddenly caused its head to slam into the ground. While it couldn't move its head, it could still move the rest of its body, and it was moving the rest of itself forward in order to contract its neck.Lesvera knew a window of opportunity when she saw one and she charged towards the creature. She aimed towards the Muaka's tread and used it as a stepping stone to vault onto its back. It tried to throw her off, but loss of one of its masks and with its head smashed into the ground, its attempts were pitiful. The Toa ran along the length of the rahi's neck until she arrived just behind its head, while it still growled at her. Crouching down, she activated one of her punching daggers and aimed for point were the head was connected to the neck.With the Muaka still hostile and with its claws rapidly approaching, Lesvera slammed her dagger it the creature's neck. It grumbled slightly and continued to struggle, so she stabbed it again, hoping that it would finally die, quietly.

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Keran | Misty Island"Hey!" Keran yelled. "I thought we were aiming for masks!" As he stared, horrified, at the scene before him - a scene of blood and imminent death - the Toa of Air did something very unwise, or perhaps simply forgot himself. Whatever the case, in his moment of distraction, the Great Mask of Gravity dimmed and the muaka's head was released from its elemental bondage. ^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

[GM]IC: Turaga Validrian / Great Library"Possibly. But you are mistaken on one thing - I do not believe they are Toa. At least, not like what we have. Similar in appearance based on the drawings, possibly having some of those powers... but not Toa. Something more attuned to the universe.""Maps... no. No map of Nibar. None have been made in years, since most people make a point of avoiding the place. The Courthouse is nestled in the mountains overlooking the sea along its shoreline, however. I don't remember where exactly it is, and I don't think anyone does. But if you look around long enough, you may eventually find it. Unless the entire thing collapsed and slid into the sea. And Dajon, like I said, is unexplored. No maps."IC: Natives / Forgotten Island"Good." Hetgar said. "I was hoping I wouldn't need to clean my weapons today."And then they walked off in the same formation suggested earlier, with the Toa and stuff however the Toa and stuff were, Hetgar in the front leading Artorre, Vilthra along the sides, and the third being at the rear, constantly watching for enemies."Let me tell you a bit about the situation." he said, as they walked. He was addressing Artorre, but made no attempt to hide his speech from the rest. "Long ago, there were three Thanes ruling our island - Brutaka, Khalvar, and the accursed Astorond. Each was gifted with numerous natural powers, far greater in total than any even you Toa wield. Then, one day, Brutaka leaves. Couple thousand years later, he comes back, having left some Brotherhood of Macku or something like that, and using this strange mask able to transport you through reality itself. He decides to use it and takes over the entire island, tossing Khalvar and Astorond down. Time passes, he gets bored, and a Toa like you shows up. She makes a power display by sinking half the island with the ocean when challenged, and he decides to follow her.""This was nearly ten thousand years ago." he continued. "Almost as soon as he left, Khlavar and Astorond rise back up and begin fighting over land. Half the people go with Astorond, the other half - including us - stay with Khalvar. Now, by all rights, Thane Khalvar should rule for being the older and more experienced. But Astorond was the advisor to Brutaka, and as his second holds rights to the keeping of his lands. Of course, this is nullified by Khalvar having a higher station - he is to hold that land. But of course, some refuse to agree with this."OOC: I think they're both meanie-heads.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

[GMIC: Natives / Forgotten Island"No." Hetgar replied. "Some have suggested along similar veins, but you misunderstand our people. The war began as is proper - the two warriors and agreed on what areas would be neutral, and which areas we would fight over. The meeting lasted only fifteen minutes, and ten of them were the explanation of what would happen and twelve of them were asking that question. The next five were mostly staring and waiting for the other to speak. Eventually, the meeting holder suggested it, and both nodded in agreement. Typical.""Now that it has begun, there can be no negotiations. Only surrender. If one of them were to suggest a partnership of ruling, then they would show themselves as the weaker in addition to those violations. And the war would be over for sure, but with them losing. We do not meet halfway, you see. Not everybody gets to win. Only one person wins."OOC: See, I can agree with that. The only thing I hated worse than losing was getting a 'participation' ribbon. It's like "hey little kid, you sucked, but we want to make you feel better". It's ridiculous, I tell you. Winner, loser. Sometimes there's not even a winner. Sometimes everybody loses. Don't wait until they're adults to tell them.EDIT: Forgot my GM tag. People might start thinking these guys are PCs.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: TanikaTanika walked in to the Great Library. The matoran shopkeeper that he worked for had told him about this legendary thief Midnight who was rumoured to have robbed dozens of stores last night and that the best place to learn about him was the Great library, he would have to hurry it was almost dark, and he also wanted to get some information on mind wiping and how to fix it.“Excuse me, do you have any information on the thief known as Midnight.” Tanika asked the turaga.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Salvinn"You guys sure seem to have some sort of honor bound system, why not just have the two rulers have a duel. It'll put an end to this ongoing war. Of course if they won't fight they could just each send out a champion in their place." Salvinn suggested as he walked, he knew the other beings still looked heavily down upon, but honestly he didn't give a karz.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (Great Library): 'Sarillia is just going to love this report,' Quorvex thought as he rubbed the back of his head. This was going to be difficult. He was going to need supplies, a ship, and most importantly bodyguards. While he had a tendency to get into and out of trouble pretty easily, he also knew that he was a matoran and the only way he could beat larger opponents was by surprising them and fighting dirty. A trek through unmarked jungle didn't offer that many opportunities. Not only that, something didn't seem right about the Turaga.'If he had already visited Dajon, why didn't he make any maps?' Quorvex thought, 'And why did he mention Nibar? What does that have to do with anything? Hold on. That map... Nibar... Outlook Courthouse... Oh that's it. I just wasn't listening. Now I have to explore two islands.'"Thank you for your time sir," he finally said, "I think I have only one more question. Which island do you think I should begin searching first?"IC (Misty Island): Lesvera heard Keran's shouts and was about to shout an answer back when the Muaka suddenly reared its head. The rogue Toa was thrown to the ground and she rolled onto her back just in time to see the rahi facing her. Desperately, she tried crawl backwards and load a bolt into her crossbow at the same time, but succeeded at neither. She tried to take control of some of the mist again, but she was already trying to do three things at once and couldn't concentrate.However, the Muaka didn't strike. Instead it lurched toward her slightly, stumbled from side to side, and finally collapsed in a heap a few feet in front of her. She exhaled, got her breathing under control, and calmly stood up. She pulled out a dirty piece of cloth and walked over to the tree that Keran and Alfon were perched in.As Lesvera started to clean her punching dagger, she looked up at the Toa of air and said sarcastically, "I'm sorry Keran; I didn't realize you were volunteering to spend several weeks caring for the beast as soon as we subdued it."When the Toa continued to give her a hurt expression she continued in a softer tone, "It was hungry and desperate. If we had just knocked off its masks and let it escape it would have eventually found our encampment on the beach that is occupied by mostly matoran. Considering that the wind is blowing in from the beach and it had a much better nose than we do, it wouldn't have taken it long."After wiping off the last spot, Lesvera retracted the dagger back into her gauntlet and turned to Alfon. This time she could keep some guilt out of her voice."Um, Alfon. May I speak with you privately for a moment?"

"Don't Panic."

[GM]IC: Natives / Forgotten Island"It's very simple." Hetgar replied. "If they were to duel, it would show their personal strength alone. Admirable, but not the only trait of a leader. To be the leader of our people, they must lead us to victory. They have already proven themselves in past duels to be worthy of being leaders, but it is up to this war to determine which is the better."OOC: Yeah, Onarax. Simple. Like cooking sushi.IC: Turaga Validrian / Great Library"I would go to the closer one that we're 75% sure isn't filled with monsters before the farther one that we're 90% sure is. But that's just me."OOC: He did say he went to Nibar, not to Dajon. :PThat seemed the likely scenario, considering nobody has explored Dajon. Just saying. Super sayan.Also, what are you talking about masks for @ Tafu? The masks wouldn't do anything. It doesn't have masks. Those were the ones on Mata-Nui with infected masks from Makuta.-Toa Levacisu Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC-Cotan:After a quick side-trip to a small tavern for some more brandy (seeing as he didn't care glasses on his person), Cotan had just found himself at the Council Chambers in Sakrinil. He confidently strode into the complex, greeting the guards with the formality they would use, as he quickly moved about to bring him to Sorlan's chambers, intent on finding the Toa of Magnetism.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: SalvinnGreat, so now of all times they decide they need more traits than just strength. "All you guys are doing right now is causing pointless bloodshed a truly great leader would be willing to compromise for the sake of his people. Instead your leaders just seem to be prolonging the war, how many people need to die before this war comes to an end? At what point our your leaders going to think about their people and be willing to compromise to save their lives?"

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Keran | Misty IslandKeran slumped. He couldn't deny that's how it seemed - weakened and starving or no, the camp would never have fought off a muaka without injuries. Maybe even casualties. He looked over at the corpse of the beast. "I guess it was you or them," he muttered. It didn't make him feel better. Deciding a walk would help clear his head, the Toa wandered off into the mists - not too far, of course, but just far enough to nearly trip over something. Something metal. Something that, on further inspection, turned out to be chains. Shelving his depression for the time being he called out to the others. "Guys? You may wanna see this." Unless these were left here by the Great Beings - highly unlikely - they were neither the first ones to this island nor the only ones here now.^^H-D^^

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

[GM]IC: Natives / Forgotten Island"Few die." he replied. "We rarely have major battles, and we care for each other. The wounded are restored by our master healers and sent back to fight again. Only the foolish can be killed. Unlike you and your frail bodies, we are close to invincibility. Those weapons you wield - they would do little more than prick us. The weapon I hold, which would cleave you in twain as blades of grass, would knock me to the ground. The only weapons of lethality we have our wielded by our leaders, and crafted of Protosteel tempered by our greatest smiths.""Now, I would appreciate you ceasing your communications with me, and attempting to judge our culture from an outsiders point of view. If you ever return to your homes, I would suggest you take a look at your diplomatic leaders. Where has it gotten you?"OOC: Serious. Take your Brutaka set and whack it with Tahus sword. See what happens. But take Bruataka sword. Bam. Mask goes off. Knocked on the ground. Goes flying. All that stuff. See what I'm getting at?@ Onarax; Oh, and also - where has it gotten you?@ Grochi; Heh. In the the Toa Council base itself, they don't have guards. Go watch Legends of Metru-Nui and watch Matau. That's how I figure most of Cotans fellow Le-Toa clowns act when they're in the base itself. And they're always in the base itself. Except when they're not. Same with me. I'm always in the Toa Concil base, except when I'm not. And crud. Now I have to work according to a personality profile. Grr.[still-GM]IC: Sorlan / Toa Council BaseToa Sorlan was, when Cotan came in, sitting at his desk and working on a book with some strange type of pen. It took him a moment, but looking at the sets around it, he figured that Sorlan was practicing illumination on the book to keep it restored - and, he had no doubt, re-reading it in the process."Yes, Cotan?" the old Master Toa asked, with only a slight delay in his speech to remember the Le-Toa's name. "Is there something I can help you with?"OOC: You know, books would still be aging at the same rate as in real life. They're probably spending more times tidying up the things than they are reading them.P.S. Toa Sorlan is voiced by Morgan Freeman, because that's awesome.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: NPC turaga" Another one!" The turaga said. "Just go down that way"Tanika; "I'd also like some books on mind wiping and amnesia, or more specifically how to cure it."Turaga; "down the hall and to the right, just before turaga Validrain's office."Tanika quickly found the books and went in to the turaga's office and saw that the turaga was already talking with a matoran. "excuse me, am I interupting."

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: SalvinnSo they're not as brutal as they seemed to be when they first arrived. "That's good, apologies when you say war I think of the horrible casualties that I have no war and battles as. As far as our own cultures, the fact that I'm a drifter, a vagabound, should say enough about how little good I feel that our so called leaders are doing." Salvinn held out a hand, "I apologize, it seems we got off on the wrong foot,it was rash of me to judge."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC-Cotan:"Honestly, Sorlan, I'm bored," Cotan said. "No assignments for the last month, nothing to do, nothing to keep me occupied...there isn't even anybody I can duel here in Sakrinil anymore who hasn't lost their wits to their drink, and those people aren't even a challenge." Cotan shrugged."Basically, I need you to give me a job before I head off and find something to do myself-something which would probably result in general bodily harm for all involved. You know, like when I got drunk."

profiles i guess

IC: CadrhonRealizing that the individual probably meant go South by sea, Cadrhon walked north up the shore, hoping to find a ship willing to take his as a crew member. As he neared the docks, he looked around, hoping he would find one.OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

[GM]IC: Turaga Validrian / Great LibraryAs Tanika opened the door, Validrian grabbed his staff and fired a blast of ice that narrowly missed the Toas head and coated the door in a thin layer of frost that was already beginning to melt. Without taking any more time, he shouted, "Do I need to have people lock the doors to keep all of you out!"There was a voice from further within - "Stop! Yelling!"OOC: You're not leaving the library with those books, especially considering they would only be one or two.. Only high ranking people can get those books out of the library. Sages take parting with those things very seriously.[GrochiMurderer]IC: Sorlan / Toa Council ChambersSorlan gave a short half-snort, half-chuckle. "Are you sure you're not drunk right now, Cotan? We finally have a chance to relax, and you'd rather hop out and go adventuring? It's always calm before a storm, you know."He probably was quoting that out of the book he was working on. Typical. Not that he didn't know it, but it was on his mind and he was just looking for an excuse to say it."But I know what it's like. I don't have any real assignments for you. I suppose you could gather some others and scout the coasts to see if the Zyglak are active. Perhaps check the docks to help the guards if we have another ship flee the harbor in the middle of the night again. I'm sure the Alliance forces heading to Frumus could use a Toa of Air to get the ships there faster, and help block incoming Rebel attacks. Investigating those rumors that they have rogue Toa joining might be useful, as long as you think you can capture one of those murderers on your own. I may be here to help give advice, but sometimes you need to figure out what it is you want to do. And you might want to mull it over with some sleep - I can smell the brandy from here."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC-Cotan:"The brandy has yet to get to my brain, so I'm safe for now. I just have to make sure I have coconut water handy in the morning," Cotan responded to Sorlan's comment, rolling his eyes.Then he sighed at Sorlan's words. "As always," he began, "There is little befitting a diplomat such as myself-the duelling skills would be useful, but I was made for the courts, not the ships and the battlefields."

profiles i guess

[GM]IC: Toa Sorlan / Toa Council Chambers"Then why come here?" he asked. "You know how Yheyn is. A bunch of fighters and scholars. There's no room for diplomats. That's why we have a Rebellion in the first place, because the paragon of your trade is on the big throne. That's the reason I like this place, because it's quiet. People are out doing stuff instead of acting the part of untrained Hapaka yapping at each other in a room. If you want to get anything done, put that tongue and sword of yours to work helping other people out like the Toa you are, or take a moment to relax and not get killed."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Tanika Great LibraryTanika ducked to avoid the blast of ice, and then he lowered his electric field down to its normal level, seeing as it was melting the ice on the door. ‘It’s just a cranky old turaga.’ Tanika thought to himself. “I was told to come to you for information on the thief known as Midnight.” Tanika said.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

[GM]IC: Turaga Validrian / Great Library"Well I just finished telling this Matoran, so if you want to know, talk to him. I'm not repeating myself any more."OOC: Hold on, how is the field responsible for ice on the door? It's just naturally melting because it can't stay for very long, and I thought it was only something that had any effect on physical contact (grabbing him and the like).-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: Lev: Hence the part of Quorvex not listening and by extension, me not reading well enough.IC (Great Library): Quorvex had also ducked when Turaga Validrian pulled out his staff, mostly out of surprise rather than trying to dodge the blast. With the story now over and the librarian visibly irritated, he felt it was time to leave."Once again, thank you for the help," he said as he quickly grabbed the Turaga's hand to give a rushed handshake, "I'll be going now."With that he gently pushed the Toa out of the room and shut the door behind them. He then gestured towards Krash to come over to come over to them, and finally looked up at the blue and white protector. He couldn't tell if he was supposed to be a Toa of lightning or just a male Toa of water with an odd secondary color. It was always hard for him to differentiate the two."Before I tell you anything," Quorvex said to the Toa, "I need to know why you're interested in the whole Midnight legend and burglary cases. My job requires me to be suspicious."

"Don't Panic."

IC: Tanika"A store owner asked me to catch the thief before his store was robbed as well." Tanika said. "and I need to know my enemy before I can catch him."OOC: if Midnight is the thief then he is probably not going to strike again so Tanika can join you.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: LalarThe toa of psionics washed up on the shores of Yheyn. She was cold, tired, and miserable. The trip here had taken longer than she had thought, and she was out of supplies. Grimly, she got up, and walked in the direction of the only major city she saw, the city of Sakrinil

IC (Great Library): "Her," Quorvex corrected Tankia, "Other than that, good. We have a common enemy."When Krash walked up, the Guild agent continued, "Alright, here's the short version. Midnight is supposed to be one of two ultra-powered toa-like beings who are charged with guarding some powerful artifact called the Legion Scepter. Their job is to keep the Scepter alternating between the hands of those who want to maintain order and those who want to start a revolution. On the side, she likes to be a kleptomaniac for whatever reason. And if I'm going to be able to solve this case I need to find the Scepter, Midnight, or both""Anyway, we now have two possible leads; Nibar, where we try to find the Justicar's old Outlook Courthouse which could have any number of traps and other nasty surprises or Dajon, in which case we'll be wandering through unexplored jungle looking for any out-of-place rock in order to find any evidence.""Now the real question to both of you is this: are you two up for a little adventure?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: CadrhonCadrhon walked through the docks, looking for a ship going south that would take a crew member.OOC: Anyone want a crew member?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

OOC: Imma go back to third person for now.IC: Alfon (Unknown Island)As if on cue, Alfon materialized right beside Keran again, earning him another look of disapproval from the Toa of air. The Prime had already caught onto what Keran was concerned about: the metal chains and collar bounded to the dead animal. What that signified disturbed him. Either other explorers had set foot on the island, unlikely, or there were some rather daring natives. He couldn't put his finger down on the reason why anyone would want to chain a Muaka instead of killing it and just by looking at the beast, it was clear it had been starved for quite a long time. A frown replaced his usually smiling face."Um, Alfon. May I speak with you privately for a moment?" Alfon glanced back to get a good view at Lesvera, regarding her with a hint of disappointment he'd bore from earlier on. "I'll be right back." he said aloud to the group then joining the Ga-Toa, being led away from the crowd so they could discuss things in private."You wanted to say something?"

IC (Misty Island): Lesvera fidgeting and was constantly rubbing both of her arms. She was definitely nervous."Uh," she began, "Back during the fight. Did it appear that I suggested something unnecessarily drastic and brutal? Because that wasn't my intention. I thought I said don't do it. I mean don't let them get killed, not the distraction, I mean I still needed someone to do that."She wouldn't have bothered addressing this issue if she hadn't gone out of her way to convince Alfon that she wasn't some psychopathic murderer just because she was rogue. With Toa Council members, it would be easy for him to expose her secret to them if he thought it was in the best interest of society. Granted, she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep up this deception, but she preferred to let the Muaka out of the bag herself."What I'm trying to say is that it is not my intention to kill any of my fellow party members. When I signed up for this, it was to provide security for them from any number of threats. Sacrificing them kind of defeats that purpose."

"Don't Panic."

IC: Krash (Great Library)Krash looked at Quorvex for a second or two before smiling broadly and replying. "Ya! Running the shop was beginning to get boring, and besides: who wants to repeat the same thing over and over? Not me." His eye twitched, and the sane spark left for just a second before reappearing. 'Bad insane side. Not now.' 'Blurb-a-lurb!' 'Sigh.' Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Alfon (Unknown Island)Arms folded, his eyes settled on Lesvera as she began to explain herself, never breaking eye contact which merely added to the tension of the situation. Her reasoning as fair and the fact that she bothered to address the issue right away got her a few brownie points. However, trust is hard to gain, much more regain and that came with time. Doubts didn't go away very easily and the possibility that she could have caught onto her mistake and tried to rectify it was plausible just as well. Truth be told, they were complete strangers when it boiled down to it and there were some pretty nasty people out there. Hopefully she wasn't one of them like she said. Only time would tell."Well...thank you for clarifying that up." Alfon said, obviously not entirely convinced. "Now lets go have a close look at the Muaka, shall we? I think someone figured it'd be pleasant to have a raging tiger as a pet."

IC (Misty Island): Well, it was a start at least, now she just had to make sure that she didn't screw up again. Lesvera followed behind Alfon, still feeling anxious about the whole situation. However, as they approached the Muaka's corpse, she quickly pushed those thoughts from her mind.She bent down to examine the chain. While she might have previously worked in a foundry and was a pretty good tinkerer, she didn't have any real experience at guessing the age of metal. It must have been old if the Muaka was able to break it and she started to look for large spots of rust. However, the mist was getting thicker and even with her elemental powers she was having a hard time moving it out of the way.

"Don't Panic."