Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC:The bullets flew back, even as the assassin fired more. One slammed into her barrel, the second, a little higher, went through her brain. Unseen, the body, fell to the ground, dead.IC:The gates were closed, and two toa and several vahki stood guard."Who goes?" one called. It was Onu Metru, and even the sight of a wounded warrior was regarded warily.OOC: the chute station is surrounded by a fortress, Zacax, you're at the gate still.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC (Karorahk and his rahi, Ko-Metru): Karorahk could see that the toa was ruffled - a good sign in his oppinion. Nervous toa made mistakes. From his vantage point on top of the tower, he spurred the rahi on, channeling his will into their minds. The pillars of earth slowed the rahis' advance, but it did not stop them. These creatures were used to eating memory crystals, the rock-hard substance fo the knowledge towers themselves. They tore through the barriers and kept pursuing their quarry. One got close enough to swing on of its great claws at the toa.

ppg2.png

IC: ZacaxHe wasn't at the chute,...instead, tons of Vahki and he fell to the ground..

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Valyet:With the plantlife gone, two Toa were in plain sight of Valyet. "Hm, Protectorate. Hope you like lightning," she smirked, sending a bolt of electricity their way through her sword.
IC: ReaperBeing spotted. Hypothesis; Dark Hunter."Lightning Toa. Assessment; You are outnumbered. Suggestion; Tactical withdrawal." A monotone voice spoke from behind Valyet. Reaper watched her impassively. Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Zacax"What's going on?" Zaccax asked as he got up, "We need to pass,"

Edited by Zacax

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:The gates did not open. Instead, almost hesitantly, one of the vahki flew down, roughly threw Zacax on its back, and flew up again. The toa of fire could notice that half the guards had their weapons trained on him ,while the rest were looking around."Who are you, what do you want?" asked one warily.OOC: Ads or Spawn will take it from here, bed calls me.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC: Dradak pulled out his spear as he watched one of the beetles slice a claw through his illusion. He pointed the spear at the ground and channeled his earth powers again, causing the ground to crack around the gigantic rahi.OOC: That...doesn't count as misusing illusion powers, right? Gotta get a feeling for what flies and what doesn't around here...

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

IC: Zacax"I am poisoned," Zacax said trying to get up, "And a Vahki just made the poison run through my body more. I am Zacax, I need to get some help in the next 20 minutes or im dead!"

Edited by Zacax

IC: ReaperFor reasons known only to him, Reaper obeyed. His red optics glowed as he stared at Valyet. "Hypothesis; Lightning Toa is a Dark Hunter. Followup; You are thus trying to escape detection."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: NomadWith nobody offering assistance, Nomad shrugged and brought up a floating bed of rock to carry Hordor with him to the gates, where he noticed Zacax being confronted by some Vahki."Oh, brilliant," he muttered, rolling his eyes."Vahki!" he called, gesturing to Zacax, "my fallen comrade is in grave need of medical attention!" he dropped Hordor down next to Zacax."My other friends and I have also captured this Dark Hunter. Please, let us pass."

67tlbk.png

IC: Zacax"Don't worry," Zaax said to the Toa of stone, "I didn't do anything, you know the security, up tight,"

IC: Dradak pulled out his spear as he watched one of the beetles slice a claw through his illusion. He pointed the spear at the ground and channeled his earth powers again, causing the ground to crack around the gigantic rahi.They don't seem to be using their senses, otherwise that one would have noticed the illusion...are they being controlled?OOC: That...doesn't count as misusing illusion powers, right? Gotta get a feeling for what flies and what doesn't around here...
OOC: I think you're within your rights to use illusion powers as you did, but I would advise that you don't make a habit of having your character do something without describing it in a post (such as casting the illusion of himself running away). The GMs may see it differently, but revealing an illusion for what it is can sometimes be an exception to that.I don't think it matters whether the rahi are controlled or not - they can still see and hear just fine. The only difference is that they are being commanded to harm Dradak. On the other hand, if the illusion is good enough (realistic and lifelike), no being should be able to see through it, controlled or not.IC (Karorahk): The beetle that had attacked the illusion was swallowed by Dradak's fissure in the ground. The five remaining rahi changed tactics - the caster was hidden, but he must still be nearly. They formed a ring around the area to prevent escape, swinging their sharp forelimbs in circles around themselves as they slowly moved inwards, constricting the area.Up on the tower, Karorahk was cursing his bad luck. He couldn't tell where the toa was, but he knew someone who could. "Where is he?" he asked Hahlok, turning to the other Dark hunter who stood beside him. "You can find him. Show me where, and maybe we can fell the toa while he still thinks he is hidden."

ppg2.png

OOC: Whoops, sorry, I assumed it was "control" in the sense of a puppet, rather than an thrall or familiar. :(IC: Ko-MetruDradak had barely had a chance to revel in his success when he realized that the beetles had formed a circle, and that they were about to close in on his hiding spot. He quickly tilted one of the pillars over, than willed it to slam into one of the beetles as he tried to make a break through the gap.OOC: The bed must also claim me soon, I'm afraid. :P

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

IC: Knowledge Tower - Ko-MetruHahlok had flipped his laucher to its claw end, and began tapping it against his chin. His eyes screened the area below, revealing a number of signatures immediately. "Let's see... " The illusion could conceal Dradak away, though it did not mean it would cover his body heat. Smiling, the Dark hunter pointed to the spot of ground on which their adversary stood upon with the claw. "There." OOC: Last post for today. Will resume tomarrow.

IC: Reaper"You don't have a name? No designation?" Reaper's voice was as close to confusion as it possibly could be.His CPU was working on overdrive, trying to make sense of the situation. For once, logic was failing him.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: ReaperAfter a moment's processing, reaper stepped into the chute, following directly behind Valyet.Reaper's eyes never stopped monitoring the surroundings, constantly cranking out statistics and tactical assessments, and devising the best course of action. "My designation; Prototype Unit 01 Reaper."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Reaper"Reaper project was put into action to provide the city with a unit capable of resolving conflict with the least bloodshed." Reaper stated, his voice a monotone. "Query; Shall I recite system parameters?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Reaper"This unit was programmed to resolve combat with the least bloodshed. In conjunction with this purpose, this unit was programmed for unbiased action. Actions are determined based on this purpose. Under OS v1.7, this unit is sanctioned to perform any action determined to be necessary."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Karorahk and his rahi, Ko-Metru): Karorahk directed two of his remaining minions to the spot that Hahlok indicated, but before they had taken so much as a step, the toa's position was revealed. A pillar of earth coppapsed on top of one beetle, crushing it. Karorahk was willing to bet his staffs that the toa would be making his escape where there was now an opening. The four beetles converged on that spot, swinging their claws in a wind frenzy, trying to gain a hit on the invisible toa.

ppg2.png

IC: Reaper"Reaper project was determined to be unethical and extreme. All manufactured units were deactivated. This unit was reactivated upon the Dark Hunter counterattack, to assist in ending this conflict. Programming dictates that this unit must gather as much data as possible to determine the best course of action."

fK5oqYf.jpg