Strike From The Shadows

Grantaire

IC: Dorian (Southcentral, Onu-Metru)"Incredible. Incredible. I finish one simple little assassination mission, and on my way back, I get bumrushed by a group of third-rate Hunters with nothing better to do than attach every group of three Toa or more that they see," drawled Dorian, walking over to Eyra and Ineha with his hands in his pockets.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Dekuna, Le-Metru): Dekuna watched as a new batch of vahki marched out from one of the many factories in Le-Metru. With the new troop deployed, he doubted that he needed to patrol this area any longer - the Hunters were more likely to strike while the machines were being produced, when they could more easily destroy the batch and the factory with them. Removing the mahiki from his face, he replaced it with his kualsi, looked up to the skyline and disappeared.An instant later, he appeared on the roof of another factory, where he had a good view of the area around him. Switching back to his mahiki, he cloaked himself in an illusion so that to others he would appear to be no more than a cable crawler sitting on the roof.

ppg2.png

IC: ZacaxZacax still ha an arm out with his sword and swung it at the blades. "Okay reveal yourself," he said slicing the vines, hurt by the spikes, but he tried to keep moving, "As a Toa of Fire, I command you!"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Lammoth/Onu-MetruLammoth's sensitive hearing picked up on a presence and he moved quickly to intercept whatever it was. He came upon three toa, one of whom appeared to be wounded in some way. "What happened here?" He asked as he moved closer.

Blog "A Cask of Amontillado": Breaking News

IC: Inéha (Onu-Metru)"Eyra," Inéha said, hauling the Toa to his feet. "Eyra, you have to come with me. We have to get you out of here, back to the Coliseum.""Dorian, we don't have time for your mopey swagger right now. Help me! We need to get to the Chute Station. Now!"She had confidence in the Toa that were here, they could deal with a few rag tag Hunters. Her first duty was to those who most needed help.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

OOC: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slicing through two foot vines with a sword? I suggest more along the lines of fire powers. LOTS of fire power. Just because a sword is useless here.IC: The smaller vines had been destroyed, and thus the remaining ones were far too thick to be hacked through by a sword, especially one held so awkwardly.Mysteriously, the vines unwrapped, freeing Zacax completely. Even as he began to speak, and shooting pain coursed through him, followed by a wave of dizziness.Poison, he had been poisoned by those spikes, which had looked so weak.OOC: Yeah, letting poisoned spikes hurt your character isn't the best idea. I suggest your character get out, fast. The other toa, if they act fast enough, might be able to get him to the toa fortress in time to save him. I'd give the poison 10-30 minutes to kill him.IC: Eyra staggered somewhat, held up only by the Psionics toa."You might want to carry me," he said dryly, with his own mouth this time.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

IC: ZacaxZacax started to walk, knowing the poison would go through his body after if he ran, "HELP!!!" Zacax screamed, "HELP!!!"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Dorian (Southcentral, Onu-Metru)"Well, when you put it that way," said the Fe-Toa with a wink as he snapped his fingers; two long, iron whips began to coil out of thin air and wrap themselves around their hands. "Back in a heartbeat."He began to snag onto different pieces of wreckage with the whips and soared through the air Spider-Man style before touching down just out of sight. Suddenly, two very loud, very painful screams could be heard coming from the near distance. Quiet descended for several seconds before a single figure could be seen approaching, his whips trailing behind them: as he drew closer, they could all see the crimson stains on the grey surface."Way's clear," he said innocently. "About a block and a half to go."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Neither. Her mask is a matatu, and Ii'll let you guess her element. Id' say check the rooftops. ;)IC: With Zacax taken care over, the mysterious attacker was free to turn her full focus on the rest of the group. She did this by growing a small tree out of the ground. A tree with very long, flexible, spiked and bladed branched. Branches which proceeded to whirl around at fast speeds, trying to slice and pierce the toa in their range.

IC: Zacax"Get me help...gagh...I need help..." Zacax said faintly, "Vines...poison....HELP!!!"

IC: Zacax"Even with my training...I can't survive long with this poison...hurry get me help!" Zacax said as he fell on his knees,

IC: Valyet:Her fumes no avail, Valyet exited the labyrinth, only to see an unusual tree sprouting from the ground. She got closer, now in the view of the group- and the rapidly spinny tree with spikes. She pulled out her sword, ready to channel her lighting.

IC: Grontak"I know what I'm doing." he growled. "What are you two doing down here?"
IC (Krokk and Mala, Onu-Metru): "Just making plans" Krokk replied. "We're thinking of blowing up a factory or three in Le-Metru. Are you game for that?" Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC Mintrop: Ga-koro port"I remember this. When I think of Metru Nui, I think of ga-matoran that are hard to bribe, civil war, and zyglak smugglers. After we win this town, im staying back at odina, or maybe my old home..." a somewhat awkward scilence follows, then the pseudotoa facepalms himself with his free hand and sighs, "i did it again, i'm talking to the boat." He proceeds to begin his mission, and enters the Bordakh hives.

Thatsss a niccce village you got there

image2.jpg

It'd be a ssshame if sssomething happened to it

IC: ZacaxZacax slowly got back up and started to walk to find the chute station but fell again, the poison started to weaken him.

IC: Ko-MetruDradak tried to keep up his pace, but the combination of his labored breathing and the numbness in his organic parts was making the task difficult.He stopped to rest in the shadow of one of the towers, and for the first time he looked around and took in the city. Odd...I guessed this was Metru-Nui from the buildings, but why aren't there any Matoran?Suddenly, Dradak remembered: Hadn't the older Toa been talking about a Dark Hunter invasion of Metru-Nui? How most of the population had gone into hiding?Dradak shuddered, then he pulled out his disk launcher and loaded a Kanoka, turning at the slightest rumble or rahi call.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

OOC: There's no illusion, just ftr.IC: The attacker had not planned on that, and the tree rapidly stopped moving. Nomad could see a lithe figure, toa like, flying into the air, propessed by a piece of rock which she was controlling telekinetically, The toa landed heavily on a roof, but rolled to her feet, aiming downwards with her gun and firing a round of five shots at her opponent. To close look, she was a little battered by the sudden attack, but had managed to save herself from the rest with her mask.OOC: Zacax, your character is in a tunnel, remember?

IC: ZacaxZacax struggled to get back up...his body was weak, wish he could find a Toa with a mask that could heal him...

IC: Inéha (Onu-Metru)The Toa of Psionics sized up this new Toa who had come up to them, not obligingly taking a hold of Eyra's legs as was requested of her.With a wry smile, she said, "Now why would I want to do that?" She looped Psionics energy through Eyra's armor, telekinetically stretchering him to her side, and not slowing her rush to the chute station. "I'm headed for the Coliseum, I don't know about you.""Eyra, stay awake," She murmured. The Ce-Toa didn't know the extent of his injuries, and didn't have time to assess them. But she knew that keeping him conscious was one of her priorities. "Tell me about your home, Eyra. Talk to me,"

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

IC: Ko-MetruA Ghekula frog climbed up out of the silver sea, wheezing and gasping for breath as its appearance shifted to that of a short Toa of earth. Dradak had just learned how frigid the waters around Ko-Metru could be and he had also discovered for the first time why Onu-Matoran were not known for their swimming. Regardless, he was surprised at his good fortune. He had escaped with most of his equipment intact and his former owners had not yet deployed any of the rowboats to pursue him.Suddenly, he heard the alarm horn sound from the slave ship. Oh Krarzahni...better catch your breath later, Dradak.With that thought, he turned and ran towards the relative safety of the knowledge towers.OOC: Yay, cosmic irony! Open for interaction, interception, and attacks of all kinds!
IC (Karorahk, Ko-Metru): Unfortunately, Dradak was about to discover that these particular knowledge towers were far from safe. He had landed in Dark Hunter controlled territiry, and he was about to learn of his mistake. Atop one of the nearby knowledge towers, Karorahk spotted the running toa an sprang into action. He twirled his staff, and the frost beetles he had summoned turned back towards the ground. The reached it with remarkable speed, and as soon as they did, the six gargantuan bugs began advancing on the toa, ready to tear him to shreads.

ppg2.png

IC: Zacax"sure...I'm fine! Just a bit of poisoning that could kill me!" Zcax said angrily and then fell again, "Man this sucks..."

IC: Dorian (Southcentral, Onu-Metru)"Protip!" Dorian yelled from in front of Zacax. "Complaining is only going to cause your blood pressure to rise. The blood will pump faster and harder throughout your body and spread the poison. Every time you panic, you're only killing himself faster. Just...take it easy. Hum something. I don't care. But you're giving me a headache and yourself a shortened lifespan."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: NomadNomad rolled to the side at the sound of a gunshot, taking a round to the forearm and another to the back. however, he activated his mask and his form turned rubbery, causing the bullets to embed themselves in the Toa's flesh but rebound back at half the speed they had been fired. A sharp, axe-shaped rock shot out of the ground and chopped down the tree.

67tlbk.png

IC: Knowledge Tower - Ko-Metru"Hmm," Hahlok comtemplated aloud. While it would be entertaining to bash a few Rahi to break up the boredom, it could also be distracting. They were on guard duty, after all. Though Karorahk could always keep an eye open for intruders... "Aright, let's see them."However, he wouldn't get his chance to crush the Frost Beetles as both he and Karorahk noticed a being approaching the Dark Hunter-controlled towers. Eyes narrowed, he watched with gleaming slits as the oversized beetles closed in on the Toa. Hahlok would wait to see if the summoned creatures were successful, and step into the fight if not.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Zacax"I'm sorry but everyone seems to be focused on this fight rather than a guy who is gonna die," Zacax said getting up and walking to the chute system but tripping a few times, "and I dont know about you, but I'm not wanting poison to be the death of me,"

IC:The words swam through Eyra's mind, and he responded in a slow, sleep laden voice."Small village in the north-land. I lived next to it, not in it." The words slowed, and he paused for a bit before continuing. "I was a hunter, first for myself, then for my village. At length- toa. Last one died, they made me one. Hunting was dull. Then.." A tear rolled out of his eye, and his voice trembled a little."An old toa came to th' village, Stayed, my mentor. We came here. He... I was captured, last saw him wounded next to me. I don't even know if he's alive." His face, when he looked at Ineha, was the picture of distressed helplessness."Rahkan, a toa of iron, do you know if he's alive?"OOC: Zacax? You're underground in a tunnel, remember? You have to climb out first. :P

IC: ZacaxZacax kept walking to the chute system, he was becoming weaker and weaker...he had to keep going.

IC: NomadNomad had grown sick of Zacax's complaining and leaped up. "Try not to freak out, I'm going to pick you up."A long arm wrapped around Zacax and he was hoisted up several feet in the air by Nomad's extending legs. In a few strides, they had reached the chute station where Nomad set Zacax down."Think you can do the rest on your own?"

67tlbk.png

IC: ZacaxZacax nodded and went into the chute system, "If you find the being who poisoned me, tear them into two," he said as he was sent to the Coliseum when he went into the chute.

Edited by Zacax