Ammunition storage

So, where do all these characters store the extra ammunition they use? I mean, where do the Piraka keep their extra Zamor spheres? In their spines, like Irnakk? And where does Vakama store all those humongous disks? His back is already taken up by his launcher. Most likely, it's just a story inconsistency that Lego finally decided to fix with the Inika and the Barraki, but is their some kind of explanation?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I always imagined that they had a 'holding bag' of some sorts to hold their extra ammunition. (Kind of like a backpack.) In fact, I remember one or two times that a Toa was mentioned to have searched a 'pack' to find something. I could be wrong about that though.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

(Kind of like a backpack.) In fact, I remember one or two times that a Toa was mentioned to have searched a 'pack' to find something. I could be wrong about that though.
I can remember this, too, even in the Matoran. I always thought them to have a backpack where they put their ammo. In some cases, they didn't need to, IMO, because, if I'm right, Midak Skyblasters' ammo was made of the universe's light, so perhaps they didn't have to put any extra ammo in a bag because it probably automatically refilled itself when a projectile was fired.I'd say that the "hidden and invisible ( for us ) backpack" theory fits the best.

They supposedly can carry it all in a backpack that is simply never shown for artistic purposes, but it is very unrealistic sometimes. Unfortunately this is done in a lot of fiction, especially video games. Rare are the games like Halo where ammo and weapons are handled realistically.This is part of why I proposed something like the "energy packs" I use in my Paracosmos fanfics to Greg (which is an explanation for hammerspace essentially), but he turned it down, so we're left with inconsistencies in many of the media on this subject, sadly.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's the same in many stories where characters don't have bags or anything like that. Those who have played Freddi Fish or Pajama Sam games would understand what I mean, because they're the same. (heck, in one Freddi Fish game Freddi is able to put away a 9-square-foot block of wood in that fashion, when it's clearly a lot bigger than her!)

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Hammer space. There's no canon explanation for these things generally. Occassionally the sets offer storage for tools and ammo, but in the storyline they often seem to pull the things out of no where.
Yeah. Like in the movies, they pop out of nowhere.
Yeah, I generally think they use backpacks or satchels of some sort.
And despite the "hammer space," many written canon items refer to Toa pulling such items out of a pack.Well, it seems just one of those canonical inconsistencies that are just there. My sophomore year English teacher taught me about a literary concept called "willing suspension of disbelief" - where one simply accepts the improbabilities and anomalies of a piece of work because "it's just the way it is," for the purpose of being able to better understand it. That's kinda what I did. I just accept it as one of the weird things of Bionicle. Like Mr. Farshtey says, the physics and sciences of Bionicle aren't necessarily the same as our world.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Well, at least BIONICLE keeps itself limited to a few tools and/or ammo. The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania, Final Fantasy and lots of other series (most of them video games), on the other hand, go way overboard.Pokémon (both games and anime) at least has the decency to show that Pokéballs can be shrunk to a more manageable size, and every trainer tends to carry some form of bag where they store the rest of their items. With the exception of the fishing rods and the bike (which they notably do away with in the animated series), no item is really too large to be carried.In BIONICLE, I believe Vahki were said to teleport Kanoka into their jaws from some kind of storage facility, and even if they form them in their jaws they are at least not carrying any extras on their person. Disks on the island of Mata Nui seemed to be carried visibly - one per Matoran - and rebound back to the owner if thrown skillfully. At least one Flash animation showed the Toa Nuva with their weapons on their backs, so we can say they were carried on their backs despite the apparent hammer-space sometimes.Where ammo came from, however, isn't really explained adequately, since even if they have bags, carrying around so many large projectiles would weigh down any being.

Edited by Katuko

In BIONICLE, I believe Vahki were said to teleport Kanoka into their jaws from some kind of storage facility, and even if they form them in their jaws they are at least not carrying any extras on their person.
Yes! It was very visibly shown in the Vahki Online Animations.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

What about the toa nuva in the mask of light movie? they just pull out these huge things out of now where.

They seem to store things in a back compartment, or strap objects too large to their backs. Some use backpacks, mainly Matoran, who would naturally have a smaller compartment.That's not to say the way they pulled out their weapons and items in the original trilogy has any sense of physics at all. (In TLR they strapped them to their backs)

Pk57sNJ.jpg