Ic: Violence already? Well, this was surprising to Quinn. He had expected this to be a peaceful place of learning and practicing for becoming heroes. Seeing a gun drawn on a hellbent mutant wasn't the best way to start off his enrollment. He wanted to say something to diffuse the tension, anything, but he was here for all of two minutes -- who was he to say or do anything? He didn't feel threatened as he stood in the mudroom of the mansion, peering out; a man already was there, protecting the chick and, by virtue, Quinn, but as he looked out he just hoped nothing happened to his bike. Man, that would suck for a little.

IC: Feral Hearing Alaric's words John dug his feet into the ground. He stopped quickly; his claws never touching Chris. He stared at Ric for a moment; there was only blood-thirst in his eyes. His cyan eyes burned like that of a cornered animal. But then that suddenly was wiped away. Wide, human eyes stared back at Ric and they were full of fear. John quickly pulled his class back in. His hands shook as he slowly backed away."What was I about to do..." John said. He'd nearly killed Chistopher out of blind anger and a want for revenge. He'd let his animal side out. It scared him how far it could go. That it could kill someone John saw as a friend without a second thought. "I can't stay here Ric. I'm dangerous. Ash wouldn't want this. I've failed her. She helped me to control this... And now it's gotten worse."

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC ForeshadowMeanwhile, while Spencer and Venom were duking it out, Peter was still trying to prevent the tree from toppling down. Finally, he gave up on trying to lift it from a distance. Flying over to the cut tree, he grabbed on to it and started trying to drag it away from the crowd. Which was hard, since gravity really only goes up and down. Unless one is making a gravity well, which means that everything gets sucked into one point. Not good.

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:Victor looked up as Romulus strode into the room. The bestial Lupine was an obviously terrifying presence to have in the room. Much more intimidating that Shaw, at least on the surface. "Yes sir. I have your information." He placed the chip on his armrest. "Encrypted video file. But in a world of technopaths and world-class hackers, is online information really ever truly secure?""Memory is one of the few secure things." He tapped his temple. "If properly secured and if remembered perfectly. You wouldn't happen to need a more 'organic' backup?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC:

Alaric observed John's face with keen ultramarine eyes before drawing a pair of keys and tossing them into the mutant's hands. They went to an old Chevelle sitting in the X-Men's garage, and Ric cocked his eyebrows once in a form of solidarity.

"I'm putting you on academic suspension," he said. "It'll get expunged from your record on your return. One of those keys is to Warren's car: try and wreck it as much as you can without hurting yourself permanently. The second goes to a house that belongs to my family in California. Lay over there for a while; I'll check in on you. Sound good?"

IC:

"Uh...did someone say Card?"

Still slightly supported by René after his slight meltdown in the lobby, Dallas made his way out onto the steps of the Institute with something that barely qualified as steadiness; the raven-haired Ultimate scanned the vicinity before settling on a woman missing an arm, and his pretty electric blue eyes widened.

"...Card?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Chris dashed into the institute from the doors that had been left open by Kristy, and frantically looked around. He needed help, badly.

"Help!" He shouted, or was it she? The question amused the shapeshifter as his last conscious thought before the soothing, yet crushing darkness of unconsciousness greeted the shapeshifter. In real time, the currently female shapeshifter crumpled to the ground, still clutching where his arm used to be.

OOC Ninja'd. Editing.IC Hei"Well, that escalated quickly," Kristy muttered, watching Christopher run through the doors before collapsing. Ddashing in after him, she looked him (her, whatever) over. "Ugh," she muttered. She attempted to lift him up, but a woozy feeling came over her. The world suddenly started spinning around Kristy, as if she had spun in circles for too long. Groaning, she tried to regain her balance, wondering what had come over her. What she didn't know was that she was overloading; too much chaos had happened in such a short span of time and her body was reacting to it. Apparently there was a limit to how much negative energy she could be exposed to, and she had passed that limit. Nonetheless, Kristy tried to pick Christopher up again. "Christopher needs a medic," she groaned.

Edited by Constructman

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

It had been a terribly long day for Jonathan.

He had arrived in Alameda the day before, in search of information on his latest hunt. The Pipe of the Creator, an artifact that had the potential to change the world forever if it was found. It wasn't an opportunity he could pass up, and he had tracked down a local historian who had some leads on the matter. What he hadn't expected to find after walking out from his meeting with the historian was a storm the likes of which he had never seen and a massive bird having verbal banter with what appeared to be assembled mutants and... a young man who he knew in this line of work.

They didn't actually know each other on a formal level, but Jonathan knew the face, and the face of the boy's father. Their adherence to secrecy was commendable, but even the secretive let a few things leak through. The boy's presence here confirmed his suspicions regarding recent events; he suspected fate also played a hand in this. For him to be here, at a moment like this, where what appeared to be a thunderbird was rampaging? This was no small matter of coincidence.

So he followed the group. It had proved difficult in some cases but he managed to trail them all the way to a house. Along the way they had picked up a few new members, like an Italian riding an eldritch bird. Admittedly, it was probably the strangest thing Jonathan had seen that month. Now, he waited outside the house, debating his options. Ultimately he decided with this sort of crowd, his appearance would likely be little more than a mild annoyance. He fingered the pen inside of his pocket, noting that with it, he wasn't in any real danger, besides a social offense.

With that reassurance he rapped on the door. He'd figure out something. He always did.

OOC

If an unreasonable span of time happened between the events between Luz and Alistair and Lucia and Alistair, insert whatever makes your brain accept this, like him getting a Big Mac or touring the country side to think.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: FeralJohn caught the keys Ric tossed him. He stared down at them with awe for a moment. He nodded slowly, "Thank you," he said as he looked at Ric. Could it be that his once rival was becoming more of a friend? Maybe John wasn't as alone as he thought. "I'll enjoy wrecking his car, it's the least I can do for what he did." He said. "Hey Ric give this to Liliana if you see her." He said as he tossed Ric a blank golden band. It was the wedding band he planned to wear before. "Tell her the weddings off, I'm not fit to marry anyone. Tell her I'm sorry." He then turned away and walked away from his home. He stepped into the garage of the mansion as he walked up to Warren's car. John smiled as he popped out his claws and began to drag them along the side of the car; cutting through the metal as he made his way over to the driver's seat.IC: Romulus The ancient mutant strode over as he picked up the chip off the armrest. "I think we could use one yes," Romulus said as he turned to Shaw. "I can speak for his skills, Cambion is one of the best. He was shaped by Weapon-X after all." OOC: Off to work sadly

IC (Lucia)

"Another member for your ever-growing band of outcasts and misfits? Or have your parents returned?" Lucia was rising from her seat even as she spoke. Her Nightgaunt was stilled perched in the corner, it's blank, chitin-covered face revealing nothing of it's innermost thoughts, if it did, indeed, have any. It had made no move since it had arrived, only the slight swaying of it's tail revealed it was still capable of movement.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Dallas stepped back into the mansion, after the wounded Card: his eyes traced the line of blood that the shapeshifter had shed trying to escape from this universe's (similarly crazy) version of John. He had collapsed in a heap not too far away from Dallas' gun; he walked past Christopher as someone scooped him up, following after Beast, and picked the gun up, holstering it again and looking particularly zoned out. Slowly, his eyes traced another line up the stairs and found Quinn.

"It's, uh...not always like this," he said, even though he really wasn't from this universe and had no idea whether it was always like this.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Quinn had found himself standing a safe distance from the doors, gripping the railing at the foot of the flight of stairs. Not entirely sure what he saw happen he wanted to shake it off as a freak incident, a rare occurrence that he wouldn't have to deal with in the future. At the moment he stood firm only because of the steady fields of power he could feel all around him, fellow mutants who he already felt the tickle of a commensal bond with. But he was still tormented by the uncertainty of the moment.

Two young men, hardly any older than Quinn himself, had stepped outside for a moment before retracting themselves, and one seemed to take quick note of Quinn's existance and drew his pretty eyes to him. "It's, uh...not always like this," he said. His voice was soft and cultured, something Quinn liked.

"Thanks..." Quinn replied, still feeling unsure but quickly taking advantage of the moment. He was brand new but that didn't mean he couldn't make friends, especially with people he thought he could get along best with. "I'm Quinn St. Stark. I just arrived."

IC: Adrian had arrived downstairs just in time to see the scuffle end. With a sigh, Adrian made his way over to Kristy, and lifted the unconscious shapeshifter from her arms, his own strength proving more than adequate to carry Card with no trouble. "No worries. I got this. You look tired enough as is." Adrian told her.

Adrian took a deep breath, then a faint blue glow began to emanate from his body, slowly expanding to cover anyone near his position. Slowly, the blood ceased dripping from Card's arm, and Adrian began to walk to the medical bay, letting his aura begin to take care of the bare minimum patchwork. It would have to do, at least until they found someone more qualified to provide medical attention.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

Alistair stood, following Lucia to the door. "My parents shouldn't be back yet. They said that they were going to be home late." His voice held a slight note of confusion, as he reached past Lucia and opened the door, to reveal....

A person he had never met in his life. "Can I help you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Dallas Green," he said with a smile that curled up at the edges charmingly as he took a couple steps forward and put out a soft hand to shake Quinn's. "I just got back from sabbatical."

Technically true.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: All the traces of energy were coming from...this one house? Twonames was astonished. He assumed the sorcerers would be spread out, each controlling their own patch of territory in what was to him an enormous settlement. Were they some sort of family? If so they'd know how to wok together as a cohesive unit, and the last time he'd encountered people who fought like that he hadn't been able to overcome two of them let alone...however many there were here.

But the prospect of so many magical talents was too tempting an offer. It had been countless years since he'd last sated the hunger his particular gift. The vast collection in this house could provide him with so much...

He transformed into a beetle, taking a smaller shape to better go unseen. Scuttling through cracks in the old house's structure he waiting inside a wall to gain information. Everyone had a weakness, he just had to find out what it was with this...tribe

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Ic: "Rad!" Quinn said with meek excitement. "But, um, are you well?" he asked, having seen Dallas previously held up by the blonde boy until a few seconds ago and not entirely sure what was happening, given the fact that he had no context.

IC:

"Yeah, I'm alright," Dallas said with a small smile, perching on the banister like a pretty little blackbird and propping up his head on one hand as he gazed out at René for a second before looking back to Quinn. "I was just in the car for a while; my body doesn't take well to stagnation."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Quinn nodded, accepting that answer and banishing doubt. "So like I said, I just got here so I have no idea what's going on or what I should do now," he said with scrunched eyebrows and a little noncommittal shrug before resting his mouth into a tight frown. "The girl in black said something about having one of the teachers chit-chat with me..."

IC:

"Riiiight, ah...you'd want to talk to Alaric about that," Dallas explained, taking a look back over his shoulder to the hyperkinetic, who was by now reentering the lobby to the school with a dignified air that befit his appearance and position. "He's history teacher, deputy headmaster...he could probably let you know what you need to know."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Venom

Just as we got the final thread of webbing off of our eyes, another shot glued our hand to our face. The boy's kick hit us square on the top of the head and we reeled, but regained our footing in time to tear the rest of the webbing from our face.

"You will pay!" we screamed, sending a meaty fist towards the boy's face.

67tlbk.png

IC: Nathan - Institute, Westchester -

Considering the insanity that continued to unfold around me I really had only one thing to say. "This sucks." I might have been particular grumpy because of my damaged wing, but for some reason I figured I'd be just as grumpy regardless.

I knew I needed to have my wing checked out, to see just how bad the damage really was, but with two people critically injured, I didn't think it would be right to bother anyone about it until they were stable.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"****."

Tera commented, stepping inside the manor, and standing near one side of the main entrance. In the course of five minutes, she'd watched a student pull a gun on another stood, before breaking down almost in tears, a student chase another across the grounds trying to kill another, only to be stopped by the teacher who, conveniently, also had a gun, and heard that Beast had been shot. And this was after the mansion tried to kill them all.

In the course of twenty minutes, utter chaos had been unleashed, and nobody seemed surprised. Taking one look at the arriving X-Men, she quite suddenly realized how apt her description of them as child soldiers was.

"Is this how this place normally is?" She asked, not quite to anyone in particular.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC [Joseph/Alameda]

"Greetings. I'm... in what I believe is a similar business to your own." He gave a glance at Alistair's being. During the argument, he had seen what few would of noticed; a gleam of metal. Nothing more than a flash, but he had been working in this field long enough that he knew he had seen something. Something that, in this line of work, was likely supernatural in nature. "Are your parents home?"

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Ic: "The guy who intervened?" Quinn asked; Dallas nodded in confirmation. Quinn saw the man reenter the building and shut the door behind him before he retreated into the lobby. "Sweet, thanks," he graciously said as he left the side of Dallas and René (who he was not introduced to yet) in pursuit of Alaric. The patter of his boots on the floor was perfectly obvious as he stepped quickly to approach the tall man who walked dutifully away.

Quinn cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Mister Alaric," was all he said, again tongue tied by his lack of preparation for these moments. He waited for eye contact.

IC:

"No, they're not." Alistair replied, eyes narrowing slightly. "And unless you're a soon-to-be college student, I doubt we have an occupation in common."

IC:

Tera glanced at N'Dine, and raised an eyebrow slightly. "Pardon, I didn't realize anyone was paying attention to my little ramblings."

"As for this... I must admit I have not figured out what to make of this. Seeing as I've witnessed three attempted murders and one threatened murder in approximately half an hour."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Everyone's a bit on edge," N'Dine said, "Though as Krystal points out, with a whole mansion full of hormonal teens, each with superpowers, a little chaos has to be expected. Its worse this time because of the president's assassination, and the attack on Beast. He's a father figure, its like if someone killed one of your parents."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"My college years are here and gone I'm afraid." Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "I was hoping for someone slightly older, but if you've been entrusted with... whatever that is you have, then I suppose you can humor me." The man was not one for beating around the bush. "I'm here for an artifact. A very, very special artifact. One that could quite possibly change the world as we know it and forever alter the course of human history." Maybe he did just a bit. "The Pipe of the Creator. I don't expect you to be familiar with it, but I expect your family has some sort of records on these things. You can attempt to bluff your way out of this, but fact of the matter is you have a thunderbird, an Italian with a fashion sense so old that powdered wigs look new, and an eldritch abomination the likes of which make grown men relieve themselves on the spot, not to mention whatever other mystical creatures the rest of your entourage are, taking residence in your house. I think you understand why I'm here and what your position in this is.

"Can I get some tea?"

Edited by Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC:

"I expected some chaos. Gathering this many teenagers in one place alone would have resulted in a significant level of disorder." Her eyes flicked to Krystal, blinking once in badly veiled surprise. "Attempted murder was unexpected."

"I think I might have been safer where I was."

IC:

"...""I think you should go, before I call the police."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Krystal

Krystal almost laughed, in an ironic sort of way. "I wish I could say the same thing about where I was...though I seriously doubt the enforcers would accept me into their ranks again."

"And considering recent events, I'm not sure anywhere is safe for a mutant."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nero slumped in his recently obtained wheelchair, exhaustion making him feel like his bones were rattling. Slowly, he wheeled from the medical bay down into the main hall, passing Adrian carrying an unconscious woman who was... missing an arm?! Double taking at the sight, Nero chose not to ask questions, as Adrian was obviously in a hurry. Being near Adrian for that second had made Nero feel slightly better though so he soldiered on to the main hall, his ridiculous hearing picking up some of the ongoing conversation.

He arrived with a sigh, then said "If being safe is what you're looking for, I hate to say that this ain't the best place for it, but things have been rocking our little piece of sanctuary here lately, yeah?"

---

Spencer yelped as the fist careened towards him, and dropped into a seep crouch to avoid it, thrusting out his leg to kick Venom's knee, and hopefully knock him off balance enough to get some breathing room. Already, Spencer regretted bringing the fight up close.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"That's hardly hospitable. I mean you no harm, that I can assure you. Certainly, less harm than your thunderbird did to this town."

"I can hear you stranger." Luz popped her head out from the background. "This is the historian's home; if he wants you to leave, leave."

"Fair enough, but he and I are of the same kind. Or, at least, I suspect his parents are. Admittedly I never was fond of teenage sidekicks. Yet he has something powerful, I know that much. I trust that his parents were wise when allowing their son to wield such an artifact." Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "Maybe I should wait for them. Maybe they'll be more hospitable when a fellow scholar asks for something, if admittedly in a dramatic fashion." As a precaution, Jonathan moved his hand on the door frame. This was a situation unlike any other he had seen; so many mystical beings, gathered in one place? Maybe his excitement was getting the better of him, but he wasn't about to let this chance pass.

voidstars.png

IC:

"This place is a haven for mutants. When the riots start, where do you think they're going to go looking?"

"Besides, I think anywhere that attempted murder doesn't even raise a few eyebrows isn't exactly the epitome of peaceful, is it?" The teenager paused for a moment, glancing at the new arrival, and the two already.

"I'm sorry. I must sound terribly rude, I'm just a bit on edge at the moment. When there are this many guns, pacifism takes a little extra work."

IC:

"If you're looking for artifacts, I'm afraid our computer isn't that old." Alistair commented, eyes narrowing further. "And if you intend to wait for my parents, I'm afraid you'll be waiting for quite a while. They aren't getting home for a few hours yet."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Just Alaric, if you'd like. I've never been one for formalities when there's a possibility that a quarter of my students know more than me," the history teacher corrected gently, following Adrian from a distance and finally turning to Quinn with ultramarine eyes that looked as though they were used to sparkling, but just couldn't find the energy to right now. "New student?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

Jonathan gave a sigh, reaching into his pocket with his spare hand. From it he pulled a pen; not any sort of modern pen, but an old metal pen, created for dipping into inkwells. It had little stylizing, ultimately little more than metal stamped onto wood. It was ultimately not impressive at all.

"You have an artifact; you cannot deny that. I do as well." Jonathan slipped it back into his pocket. "There is no point in secrecy; I may have seen little, but I know what I did see. Call the police if you wish, but that will ultimately gain you nothing. I ask as a fellow scholar, allow me a cup of tea and the ability to explain myself fully. If I mean you harm... well, it'd seem you have a thunderbird on your side, not to mention whatever skills may be granted to you. I doubt I pose much of a threat to you."

voidstars.png