OOC: Everyone ready for time-skip? I'll probably do it tomorrow

IC: Hydra Guards

There were about ten guards on a balcony on the building, armed with rifles with laser sights. They aimed and fired, blasting rounds as Felix. The fifteen guards on the ground; mostly armed with machine guns and auto-matic pistols took aim as well, and began to fire. One guard ran towards Felix pumping rounds at his gut as he ran forward.

IC: Romulus (Hellfire Mansion)

“Indeed it would,” Romulus agreed. “Even if this plan fails, there is always the Summer girl.”

IC: NPC SHIELD Copter

"Roger that," a pilot answered Hecate. A few minutes later and a chopper landed close to the wreck of the other one.

OOC: I am.IC: Zanebono"They weigh the same as your average car," Zanebono stated, "I implamented each I them with AI units that are like our own miss, they think and plan, although they memorize much faster than the human brain," IC: Drone Delta (The one with Knower)The drone quickly jerked its arm foward, activating its super strength. "Did I mention I have them the strength of a human with super human strength?" Zanebono said as he twirled his cane, "Dont worry I didn't program to try to kill you, just to test your abilities...sadly,"

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC: Because I actually have FREE TIME again, I'm returning to this RP. Expect Manuel and Aldrich to return along with me...

And if a staffer could be so kind as to approve him, another new face as well.

Name: Slith-Hissu-Tissvilen

Codename: None. Being trapped for untold millions of years inside a metal cyro-chamber will do that to a being.

Age: Biologically, he is roughly twentyish in human terms. His race has different measurements of maturity and as they are functionally immune to aging, Slith was considered very very young despite his mental maturity and sophistication when compared to human of the same age. Counting the years he has been frozen and for all intents and purposes, dead to the world, he is millions upon millions of years old. Considering he will remember nothing of this time and he hasn't physically aged, this time shouldn't count towards his total age....in his view at least.

Faction: The first to find his tomb is likely to have his loyalty ....for a time. Slith is his own being and will betray an organization that he feels has crossed the line. He isn't stupid enough to hint at this is any way shape or form however. Slith is a scientist, a sorcerer and an alchemist first and he serves no one. He will ally with a group he finds interesting or who he agrees with. Treat him as an inferior or a mere pawn however and you will find just how quickly he can turn his mind from the arts of science and sorcery to the art of revenge. Treat him well and he will return the favor with diligent work and advice however, it is a matter of respect.

Powers: Slith is a powerful sorcerer, able to craft wards, runes and conjuration circles amongst other things. His magic isn't flashy and is of the same school of magic as Manuel's. He cannot throw fireballs around at will, but he can lay down a hex that'll cripple you for some time. This ties into his second ability, Slith is a capable alchemist, through the use of arcane rituals and strange devices he alone knows how to craft, he can, quite literally, turn useless rocks into gold, if these devices are destroyed however, he losses his ability to perform alchemy. Everything is made of molecules and in the end...it is simply a matter of the right arrangement. Tied to this is his mastery of science. He knows how to craft many ancient devices made by his people and is not hesitant to use them. Currently all he possess is a simple transmuter, a device shaped like a triangle and evidently crafted from obsidian...though it's guts are made up of incredibly advanced technology.

Appearance: Slith resembles an upright serpent, though equipped with arms and legs. His body is covered in scales of various shapes and sizes, though all are colored a dark green. His arms and legs are very thin when compared to a human and his neck is quite long. His head resembles that of a snakes in every way and if one were viewing only his neck and his head, one would almost mistake him for a giant snake at first glance. His eyes are equally serpent-like and are colored a golden yellow. He also sports a tail, a holdover from his evolutionary ancestors.

Weapons: Currently none. But he is more then capable of crafting some, should the situation call for it.

Skills: Slith is extremely intelligent, capable of grasping a new language or new idea swiftly and with the ease of long years of practice. Slith was educated in some of the best institutions in his civilization and in many cases, had a huge degree of knowledge transferred directly to his mind. The results of this education speaks for itself. He is a master of science, applying it's principles to the arts of sorcery and alchemy. He is a formidable intellectual force and one gets the impression his mind never quite quits working...even when he is asleep. He is skilled in the use of many types of weapons, though combat is not his specialty and he'll likely lose to a dedicated brawler. Slith is a scientist, not a warrior and will likely flee if battle breaks out, fighting only if he is cornered.

Personality: As might be expected for a survivor of an extinction event, Slith is bitter, detached and quite cynical. He doesn't socialize much and tends to be very withdrawn when not providing advice or lecturing someone on the finer points of his invention. Beneath this cold exterior is....a very very lonely being. Slith is the only one of his kind left in existence, any friends or family he had have been dead for millions upon millions of years. If a group earns his loyalty, he will likely defend them to the death. He is not without morality however and will not hesitate to betray someone who crosses the line. He figures the world is depressing enough as it stands, there's no sense in helping someone add to it.

Weakness: Slith is not very muscular, being a tall and thin being. He has difficulty engaging in melee combat and finds it very difficult to lift some heavy weapons. His primary skills are intellectual in nature and he is no tougher then the average human, putting him at a distinct disadvantage. He uses his intellect and cunning to compensate for this somewhat....but it is rather hard to compensate for, say, a knife through the neck.

Bio: Slith is the last of his species, referred to in some ancient texts as the Serpent People, People of Yig, Worms of the Earth and such as. His resilient kin ruled the Earth long before the rise of the dinosaurs. Their civilization mastered technology and magic, applying their sciences and alchemy to every walk of life. Their cities glistened and glowed around the planet. Sure of their superiority and trusting in their technology, they turned their eyes to the stars above.....just as an extinction event began to ravage Earth. Helpless in the face of forces outside their control, the Serpent People undertook a desperate program, dotting the landscape with bunkers and vaults. Legions of their people were born, raised and then frozen in time. This was the era Slith was born into.

His entire life was tinged with desperation, his teachers pumped him full of information, taught him magic as breakneck speeds and filled his head with the lore of their people. All of this was done in the name of survival, these newborns were the future, the ones who would, hopefully, survive this disaster and rebuild. As it turned out, this desperate program failed for the most part. Only one vault remains intact, deep within the waves off the coast of New York. Hidden for eons and deeply wounded by the events that it endured, only one cyro-tube remains functioning....and within it is Slith, forever waiting the day he will be woken from his deathless slumber.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: The alchemy power seems a little iffy to me, especially since we had a character with a similar ability, but he had some limits to his power (he could only transform a substance if he knew its chemical composition and the composition of whatever he was trying to turn it into). Other than that, he looks okay to me.

IC: Felix, Mayday

Felix dove for cover behind another building and looked around the corner briefly to launch a blast of fire at the charging HYDRA soldier.

"Alright," I said, "but I still need to speak with Pantheon. When are they available?"

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

OOC: I should have clarified that, his power is linked to the transmuter. Destroy that and you destroy his ability to perform alchemy. He'll need to build a new one. Which is expensive. Clearly his powers won't work on lava or other destructive substances. Because they would destroy the device. Or melt it. Or both.

Considering this clarification, is he acceptable? Alchemy is basically useless for offensive powers-you want acid? It'll burn right through the transmuter.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: With that clarification, Slith is approved. By the way, since you've been gone for a while, I should tell you that all characters require two approvals now.

IC: Julia, Black Cat

Julia's nose twitched again, and she lunged, barely catching Cat on her waist and leaving some thin red cuts. The pickpocket was startled enough to become visible for a split second.

67tlbk.png

OOC: Flex approved him via PM before I learned of the new rules you explained. He can confirm that I think.

....anyhow, Manuel...

IC (Manuel, New York, Near X-Men Mansion)

Manuel was, to put it as politely as one could while still being accurate, rip-roaring ****ed. He had escaped from Canada when the facility had collapsed into chaos, he had braved the dangerous of the wilderness as he made the journey home....and his assistant, Rasputin, had vanished during that chaotic night. Manuel knew not if he lived or if he had died in the battle. He knew who was to blame however, he knew that all to well. He could have been such a naive fool? He had seen over five-hundred years in his time and yet, he had made a mistake of this magnitude. Katherine. He had thought her mentally ill or merely unable to contain her instincts. He had been wrong...so very wrong. The women was a sociopath of the worst sort. He could have ended this centuries earlier but now...now he would have to do what should have been done in the first place.

He could feel it in the air, in the ebb and flow of magic. Things were going to change soon, he was not sure how, but he knew they would. He had lived five-hundred years as a neutral party, loyal only to his ideals. Perhaps it was time to change that. The Hellfire Club would be rallying it's power, of that Manuel was certain and he needed to be ready to counter them. He turned one more street corner and the mansion, the academy that Xavier built, stood before him. Manuel was wearing his traditional coat and top hat, which was not out of place considering the season. He shifted his weight slightly, leaning on the black metal cane had bought upon his return. There was no sense in delaying any longer. With a sigh, he strode forwards, heading towards the mansion.

It was time to choose sides. Time to make history instead of observe it.

OOC: My character was very heavily linked to Basilisk's, and I was kind of only there for magical vampire shenanigans anyway, so...

IC: "mhm mph."

The rather poor attempt at a cough was plainly audible directly behind Manuel. Grigori had acquired a bowler hat in his absence, in addition to a neatly pressed suit utterly devoid of bullet-holes, but the Webley .455 in his left hand, the unreasonably bushy goatee, and the ridiculous cough were all the same.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: There was a groan and a wet thud. This series of sounds followed a rather tense set of screams and sounds of tearing flesh. The groan soon died, leaving only silence, and soon, a cloaked man stepped from the alley he had been using to engage in rather... Carnivorous activities.

The man took a moment to glare at the sky before beginning to trudge down the street, blood dripping from nails long since overgrown and sharpened into claws.

Feeling the drip, the man held his hand up, and his veins pulsed in unison for a moment before the blood on his fingers flowed up his fingers before sinking into his skin.

The man cracked his neck with an audible and sickening pop before continuing on his way.

His fun had been had. Now it was time to return to the Hellfire Club. See if anything needed doing.

The man known solely as "Corpse" let out a grim rasp as he shuffled down the street.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: That was...unexpected.

IC (Manuel, New York)

If Manuel were a man of lesser dignity, he would have smiled so widely that it would threaten to tear his face apart. As it was, he settled for a firm handshake and a grin that was merely very wide. "Grigori! I had thought you...." Manuel trailed off. "...well, I suppose after the Trotsky incident, I shouldn't be surprised." Manuel shook his head for a moment and appeared to collect himself. "I apologize my friend. I did not realize the...nature of our visitor. I had thought...no, there is no excuse beyond crass idealism on my part. Rest assured...I will set this right."

IC: "You may be certain that I look forward to finding out how. As an ardent pacifist, I advise you to cause the shadows themselves to come alive and tear the monster limb from limb... for the sake of peace, overkill is, at times, the very best kill."

The monk-turned-butler's face remained blank as he said this, betraying none of the anger that mention of the treacherous Katarina called up. Still, as his order did call for sin followed by repentance, it followed logically that, as long as he felt sorry about it afterwards, he could do whatever he wanted to get this particular problem solved. He'd had a hundred years to think about the logical flaw in that system (and to misplace a certain book), but he still hadn't mentioned it aloud. No sense ruining a very convenient thing.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Oh yeah Corpse is officially awesome.

IC: Beast (X-Mansion Grounds)

Beast looked up to see an unfamiliar striding towards him across the mansion lawn. In the distance he could see another figure behind him, before the first figure turned to him and began to talk.

Hank looked back at the mansion, it saddened him. The cracked and bullet hole-ridden walls, the collapsed sections of the mansion where sonic blasts had torn through, and the many shattered windows did nothing but depress him further. But yet Hank still held hope. He’d lived in this place since the 60’s. This was his home, it had been destroyed before, and yet it always rose again as a beacon of hope.

Yes Beast could give up now, he could forget Charles Xavier’s dream, and send all these mutants away; but to Hank that was never a real option. Being an X-Man was dangerous yes, it made many of them targets. But it also brought about much good and social change. Since the Phoenix massacre mankind and mutant relations had taken a step back. Today it was time they fixed that.

IC (Manuel, New York)

"The Vashta Incantation? Surely that is...no...no." Manuel shook his head. "You are quite right. Perhaps that is the proper response. Though I have no wish to bring something of such power into this world...the chaos they could bring if they escape my control does not bear thinking about. I had thought that the Hounds might be suitable." Manuel paused, going over the incantation and words of power in his head. "At any rate...I suspect you know why I have here?"

IC: Knight

Knight was looking around when he spotted Manuel. 'I wonder what he is doing here?' He thought but he gave no sign that he recognised him and just watched carefully.

IC: Spirit

Will wondered the mansion, using his powers to repair hallways enough for him to pass before allowing them to collapse again. Luckily he had nothing in his room so nothing valuable was damaged.

IC: Smith

Joe wondered around and considered stealing a car to go somewhere but he wasn't sure where he wanted to go, so he went to a random mutant and asked. "Excuse me, but is there a computer around here that I can use?"

OOC: Anyone want to be the one he asked? And can Joe join the Hellfire club with out being brainwashed?

Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Gemini (Warehouse)Gemini began to walk out of the room and went to find his motorcycle, he had somewhere to be, and he had to see that boy. That boy over at the facility, looked strikingly like Gemini himself as a child. He wondered...was that really Zac?IC: ZacZac nodded at Beast and went off to find Caleb. Things had changed to much in the past few weeks, when he and his brother enrolled, it was to be able to control their powers, now they were X-Men, and it was their duty to help people in need. IC: Hannah and AbiThe two returned to their dorm and looked at how it wasn't destroyed. Abigail was still in her pajamas throughout this whole ordeal oddly, and decided to go to sleep, she never got a lot of sleep during these events. Hannah turned to the door and went back out to the hall, she only recently got reunited with her brothers and almost lost them just as quickly... but, she had to focus on the future, she knew Zac and Caleb would take care of themselves but Abi had no powers yet, she was still a normal human, she needed to be protected. Plus, Abi was probably the youngest resident here.IC: Caleb"Well, if you need anything, just ask us Tali," Caleb said as he walked away, and waved at her with a smile. Inside, he was absolutely terrified by what all that had happened. He was almost turned into a Pawn of Weapon-X, he was almost blown up... He too felt weak... he felt like he couldn't do anything right now...IC: DawnDawn walke through the broken mansion, contemplating to herself. She was glad she wasn't one of the people sent to wreck this place, it made her feel a little bit better, but she still contemplated her life. She began questioning on why she decided to join Weapon-X in the first place and not the X-Men...

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: "The Hounds, uncontrolled, would be considerably worse. As for why we are here... I suspect it has something to do with the old adage about the enemy of your enemy, but, in this case, the enemy of our enemy is mostly homeless."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC (Manuel)

Manuel nodded, conceding the point. "The Vashta incantation it is then. As for their current state...it will not last forever and both you and I have been around long enough to know that the embers of a great flame often lay the foundations of a great structure. They will rebuild and if were to aid them...well, I suspect we would be able to halt those who would associate with Katherine. This Hellfire club. I know little of them, beyond what the historical record tells me, but if they are associating with Katherine...well, I know all I need to.." Manuel waved to the mansion. "Shall we introduce ourselves?"

OOC: Not sure on the brain-washing thing, if he joined he definitely wouldn’t be in the inner circle, just a grunt.

IC: Scorcher, Caden (Brotherhood Warehouse)

Kane strode into the Brotherhood Warehouse with Destruction at his side. He looked around at the warehouse and the various mutants who were now his comrades. “This place is bigger then I thought.”

“Indeed it is brother; I can’t believe my father is finally dead… I’m just upset I lost the opportunity to kill the ****er myself.” he said as a pale fist twisted into a fist.

IC: Darkfang (Mansion Grounds)

"I have no idea," Darkfang said as he turned his yellow eyes on the girl, Ezekiel mentioned.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: Nero frowned as he repeatedly thunked his head against the intact wall of his mostly crashed room. It would figure that everything he had would get wrecked. Nero's foot twitched angrily.

This time, Nero noticed.

Try as he might, however, he couldn't get the action to replicate. It seemed to be a nervous reaction or something. But a swelling of hope flared in his chest. The only feeling of walking he'd enjoyed in years had been totally fogged over by the wolf-mind. The idea that he might be able to walk again without the need to transform...

Looked like things weren't all bad after all...

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

IC: Nero ceased the path to possible brain damage to regard Jordan. "Well, I've been better, yeah?" Nero glanced across his room at the rather impressive damage that included an entertainment center that was once grand, but was now little more than slag and scrap metal. The gaping hole in one of the walls was not making things any better, nor the visible ceiling damage.

"But in all honesty... I guess things could be worse."

IC: Jordan

"Yeah," Jordan concurred, "hey, wait..."

A look of concentration crossed Jordan's face, then was almost immediately followed by raised eyebrows of recognition.

"You're the guy that turned into that wolf-monster-thing! Dude, that was ****ing awesome. You were just tearin' through those blockheads. It was amazing."

67tlbk.png

IC: "By all means, then. If these people are the means by which we will set things right, then it would not do to keep them waiting."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Jordan

Jordan gazed at the burnt, melted, and generally useless pile of scrap that was once Nero's TV.

"Dang," Jordan exclaimed, "why is it that they went after all the electronics? My TV is fried, and half my games melted, but the one thing that survived was the Xbox. It's like they were just trying to make our lives miserable if we ever came back here."

He let out a somewhat ironic chuckle.

"Tell ya what," he said, "if I ever get my TV fixed up, I'll let you come over and play CoD or something. My room number's 113. Deal?"

67tlbk.png

IC (Manuel)

Manuel nodded. "Let us go then." Manuel strode forward once more, stepping gingerly aside to avoid any rubble or other bits of unpleasantness as he did so. He would need to find someone of authority and make his offer...and then, hope. If they were refused it, he would be forced to act without the support of a larger organization....which was a dangerous action to say the least.

IC: Nick Fury (SHIELD Helicarrier)

“They should be available now,” he said into his device. “I know they recently returned to the Helicarrier.”

IC: NPC HYDRA Soldiers

The flame caught the soldier in the chest, he screamed in pain as he began to burn. Two soldiers suddenly ran around his cover, firing bullets at him.

OOC: Off for bed

IC: Felix

Felix instinctively tucked and rolled, trying to make himself as small and difficult to target as possible. When he found more makeshift cover behind a few metal barrels (not the red kind, mind you), he pulled out his pistol and returned fire, aiming for the head, neck, and chest areas of his attackers.

One down, he thought, twenty-four to go.

67tlbk.png

IC KnowerI was sent flying.Literally. I flew so high that I hit the ceiling.Bouncing off, I hit the floor with a thud. Grimacing, I got back to my feet. "To heck with this," I thought as I got my knife into a geeky Soresu stance while attempting to mind-blast the drone. Which was a stupid idea. Robots don't have human minds.

OOC: How dare you say that Star Wars forms of Lightsaber combat are geeky. They're actually based off of real forms of sword combat, you know.

IC-Error:

"So, after we turn everybody into a werewolf, or make a werewolf army, or anything like that, what's the plan?" Alex asked, who had been quiet up to now.

"And if you actually pull me into this little group of yours, just what position am I supposed to be at? I can tell that a lot of this has been based on Chess, and I refuse to be a Pawn. Just saying that now."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Natalie smiled. "Hydrogenated fat is extremely bad for Contraxians, as it turns out. Thank you dad for being half alien. The extra energy I get from that stuff... Well, you remember the hole in the side of the cafeteria about 6 months ago."

IC: Brando (SHIELD Helicarrier, NYC)

"If I find out you're trying to deceive me, I promise you that you will pay dearly for your treachery."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Quicksilver (Brothehood Warehouse)

"So can you do the necessary adjustments I asked for?" he asked Pariah.

IC: NPC HYDRA Soldiers

One bullet burst through the forehead of the left soldier; dropping him to the ground. The other bullets cut into the neck of the other and his chest, he groped at his wounds as he fell back choking on his own blood as his gun fell to the ground. As Felix was out of his cover to shoot those soldiers one of the rifle-men took aim and sent a bullet flying at his shoulder.

IC (Manuel)

Manuel, looking about the ruined hall, saw no one nearby that was about to help him. Shaking his head a bit this little annoyance, he called out to anyone nearby. "Pardon? Is anyone there?" His voice was cultured, calm and refined. Looking at him one could hardly tell he was planning to conjure up horrible creatures from the outer darkness and send them after a homicidal vampire sociopath. But hey, appearances could be deceiving right?

IC (Manuel)

Manuel shook his hand, sure to keep his grip at a moderate level. "An honor Mr. McCoy. You have endured when others would have fled." Manuel paused for a moment, unsure of how to proceed. Then he decided the truth was likely the best option here. "I am Manuel Komnenos and....I am not what I appear. Mr. McCoy, I hope you believe me when I tell you that I am not typical of my kind. You see, I am a vampire...and I have information you might find of use. You have heard of the Hellfire club?" Manuel's voice was matter of fact and calm, as if they discussing an essay and not the fact he was a blood sucking creature of the night.

IC: GeminiThe man got onto his motorbike and drove off and out of the warehouse, heading towards the mansion. Hopefully, he wasn't going to have any brotherhood members wondering what he was doing.

OOC: How exactly does Gemini know his son is at the mansion?

IC: Beast (X-Mansion)

Vampire? Beast thought as the words escaped Manuel’s lips. Hank became more guarded, generally vampires didn’t like mutants; he remembered the X-Men’s war against the vampire lord Dracula long ago.

“Yes I know of them, the X-Men have fought against them many times in the past, but I thought they had disbanded when Shaw died seventeen years ago.”