IC: ZacTwo months have passed. That was sometime. The mansion was finished and things had changed. Zac an Dawn had started to date, slowly, as the reconstruction took up most of their free time. Abigail finally obtained her powers, which so happened to be electricity. She shocked people both in awe and pain, as she is still mastering her powers. Caleb is still nervous as usual but he has grown more confidence (though its unclear if this is because of Nicole).Zac was outside currently, waiting for someone, he was waiting for a certain man to come. "Where is he?" he asked himself.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Alaric (Institute, Westchester)

"Jesus," Ric muttered from next to John; the history teacher's face was stoic, impervious to the joy behind him as most of the students, teachers, and other live-in mutants decorated the tree and mansion. "He's getting bolder. Too bold."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Chris Marie:

It had been an interesting two months for Chris. In his spare time from helping out with the mansion, he actually had gone to get a haircut for the first time in his life, and had bought new clothes as well. At the moment, he was sitting not-to-far from Christine, watching the proceedings with some interest.

"I still don't get what this tree is for," He stated, confused.

IC: ???/Wild Card, Sarah:

The alternate Card, and his adopted mother Sarah, had decided to stay at the Institute. Easier than having to try to live in a world where one of them didn't exist anymore.

"Excellent job," Sarah said, "Although, I'm still not sure how we were able to fit that tree in here in the first place!"

IC: Aether:

Over the past two months, will had grown from his scrawny self, to a bit taller, a bit more muscled. He lounged about the Pantheon room, creating objects with the lights. He'd figured out how to take the light from the bulbs above him, then return it when he was done. He impressed himself sometimes.

IC: Balrog:

New York. He'd grown up in the city, it was his home. Now it rejected him. He didn't worry about having to being cold, he didn't know what day it was. He had found some boxes that were empty in the back, and pushed them out of the back with a metal pole he'd found, so he wouldn't set the whole place alight. He was able to successfully burn the boxes, and whenever he ran low, he cracked open the boxes with actual goods inside of him. Didn't matter. They knew how to find him. Every step he took left a scorch mark in the ground, everything he touched burned. It didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore.

IC: Rapture:

"Ooh!" Rapture exclaimed, watching Romulus speak to the Asgardian, "Can I cut her? I haven't sharped my claws on anything since you got new drapes. I didn't want to ruin those just yet."

IC: ZanebonoZanebono entered the pantheon room, with a bright red dress up shirt and a green vest, and still wore his black slacks and shoes, holding his cane in his right arm,"Well Aether, its been a log two months but look at you," Zanebono said,IC: Zac and GeminiZac turned when he heard the sound of a motorcycle coming. He saw the man on the bike pull up with a bag over his shoulder,"Hey dad," Zac said with a smile. Gemini took off his helmet and looked at Zac as he got off the bike. In the past two months, Zac ha met Gemini, and after a brief fight they had on first site with their powers, the two talked, and began to talk every Saturday, though, Gemini kept secret about him aligned with the brotherhood,"Hey son," Gemini said as he swung his bag to the ground softly and have Zac a hug, "Place looks good,""Two months of splinters are worth it," Zac said with a laugh,

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC (Agent 214, Off the Coast of New York)

"Cocky ****ard isn't he sir?" Gathered around a widescreen display of many popular news channels was a small group of high rank officers. The room they were situated in was somewhat small, having room only for a water cooler and a meeting table, along with the wall-mounted TV. The man who had spoken had a distinct Australian accent. "This mean we' gonna accelerate our plans?" The man the leaned forward, his green eyes focusing in on the Mutant. "I wish we'd had a sniper posted. Would have loved to see his head get..." He made a very expressive gesture with his hand.

Yuri nodded. "This is unacceptable. We will need to speed up phases one through three. I trust you all know what this entails?" A chorus of ayes, of courses and grunts greeted him. "Excellent. Away-teams, prepare yourselves." He turned to one of the officers, an Indian women with a distinct lack of hair. "Is our little surprise is ready?"

She nodded. "But of course. Though I would once again like to register a complaint, these Brotherhood fools need to be brought down to size why are we no-"

"We have gone over this. We don't know where they are headquartered. Hopefully, this will get us their location. If not.....well, let us hope it does not come to that. I'm willing to bet anything that smug ***hole was referencing something that mad doc cooked up. The Brotherhood was at the Canada Facility, we're gonna have to figure out if they took something and why. For that we need some survivors from the base...."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: (Blake)

Blake had helped out during the reconstruction of the mansion. His room had been largly intact, but most of his things had been wrecked. Now, the day before Christmas, he was feeling happy, for the first time in a very long time. "Anyone want to get some food? I'm sure there's some gingerbread in the kitchen some where."

(Carli)

With the rookies trained, it was looking good for Pantheon team. Being bored, Carli went down to one of the training rooms. She summoned her Gladuis,which she called. Jason. With Jason in hand, she started to practice her moves.

OCC: Carli open of interaction.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Zanebono"Christmas," Zanebono said, "Rather, Christmas Eve," IC: Zac and Gemini"I hate to stop by and leve so quickly but I have to go," Gemini said as he handed him the bag and got on the bike, "Sorry I had to cut this short,""Why?" Zac asked as he picked up the bag, "Can't you come stay with us tonight?""NO! I mean, uh, I have to go to get some work done," Gemini"...alright..." Zac said, "See ya,""Yea, see ya next weak," Gemini said as he drove the bike off back home. Zac lifted the bag over his shoulder and headed back to his mansion.Gemini rode his bike back onto the road and rode off back to the warehouse.

IC (Agent 214, Off the Coast of New York)

Yuri looked around the room. "You all have your assignments. For two months...two ****ed months, we've been waiting. Abbas has given us some exemplary recon photos....and quite an ace in the hole. See to it that he gets his pick of whatever we have left of the chocolate cake when he gets back." Yuri stood up and strode to the exit. "You have the deck 542. See to it nothing goes wrong in my absence." This Quicksilver fellow didn't think big enough, that was clear. He had hijacked one news station. One little tiny news station. Yuri on the other hand, was nothing if not ambitious. As he walked through the corridors of the Glory, he could feel it surfacing. They were far off the coast of New York, well outside visual range. Being spotted wouldn't be a problem.

A set of doors slide open before him, revealing a bustling hanger. Flight crews were prepping their craft for takeoff, they had no fighter jets sadly, just a mixture of helicopters, VTOLS and the occasional drone. It was enough to fight for their cause....but not enough to say, attack a military base without the element of surprise and not get their butts handed to them on a silver platter. Yuri headed to one of the helicopters, painted in civilian colors for this mission. Clustered around it was a small group of soldiers, all wearing the same armor he sported. They wielded a variety of weapons, silenced assault rifles, pistols and a variety of flash and smoke grenades. At his approach, they roused themselves and gathered around him.

"All right gents, you know the drill. We'll be dealing with rent-a-cops for the most part. Try not to be spotted until you can knock em out. Lethal force is only authorized if things get bad. Real bad and it isn't authorized against civilians period. Don't matter much if the security cameras see ya. We'll be gone by the time the police can arrive. Ya got it?"

"Sir! Yes sir!"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Zanebono"You should be in the spirit two," Zanebono said, "Back wen I was a kid, we would have the whole house decorated, with this huge tree with tons of presents at the bottom, a nativity scene in my felt yard, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy playing through the house, those old Christmas movies we would watch in Christmas die and the scent of my mom's baked cookies...I can smell them now..."

IC HeiKristy stood at in the corner of the living room the X-Men were watching TV in. She was randomly plunging certain areas of the room into darkness (Not the TV though) while texting. "Racism," she muttered.IC Odysseus.It had been an interesting two months. During that time, my body had gotten buffer, my mind had become grimer, I found a new taste for texuedos, aand a rare gene mutation was prematurely turning my hair grey. Strange huh? Most folks only get the silvery strands when they're 35. Me though, no. With a pair of sunglasses on, I could easily pass as a middle aged man. Yeah...If anybody needed to find me, I was where I always was: cooped up in my room on the Helicarrier listening to Wind Band FM while reading a copy of the Kybalion. I had started keeping to myself a lot, especially when I started to lose the melanin in my hair. My voice had dropped an octave as well, and to top things off, I had gained a few inches in height. But enough of that, there were more important things to think of. Especially Quicksilver goring that reporter on live television. "The UN needs to invest in plastic weaponry..." I thought. "The Brotherhood would never get past China though. Especially when they could ask for the 16 trillion dollars the US ows them at any point."Getting up, I put on a pair of sunglasses, checked my hair-only one quarter of the hairs were grey-and walked out, heading for the Pantheon room.

IC: Zac Zac ha walked back to the mansion and entered the finished mansion with the sack over his shoulder and back. He walked towards the stairs, where he was going to his bedroom.

IC: "No mere material gifts can induce my happiness," Yodo said with a frown as he examined the Christmas decor. "This is the worst of all possible worlds, and I cannot be happy until it is concretely better than at present; as is, it is far too beset by upcoming environmental disaster and the bloody strife inherent in such a corrupt society. While we celebrate, people die of starvation and are coerced into sin across the globe."

He stared moodily into the dark boughs of the pine before him. "I simply ask: Why should we celebrate when there is so much suffering? Oh, but don't mind me."

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC (Over New York, Helicopter)

Yuri looked down at the city stretching beneath them. Somewhere within it, was the vile Brotherhood. He had no idea where. He intended to solve that problem very very soon. The helicopter resembled those of the various news agencies that dotted the city, it's machine guns and missiles hidden away. No one would look very closely at it...and indeed, they couldn't, considering the altitude. Yuri leaned forwards and stuck his head into the cockpit. "ETA?"

One of the pilots shrugged. "'Bout five minutes boss. We'll be touchin down on the roof. You lot can take it from there."

IC: ZacZac had walke into the same room Hei and Yodo were and overheard their snarky remarks, "Wrong. It's because its the time of giving, but some people, like you guys are seeing the negativity in the world when Christmas is suppose to being joy to people, and make them feel at peace,"

IC (Manuel, X-Manor)

Another voice came from the other side of the room. "An innocent women and three noble officers were just killed on the television and all you lot can talk about is the reason for the season." Manuel was reclining in a nearby chair, books scattered all around. "No rushing to the scene of the crime. No "let's go get those monsters" and no attempt to wipe them out once and for all before more people can die. Truly, these are the titans I imagined myself helping." His voice was thick with sarcasm.

Edited by Basilisk

IC Hei"But it only gives joy to some people. There are some people who we could feed with all the food we eat on Christmas.""And besides, Christmas is a Christian holiday. Jews and Muslims feel left out." To put more emphasis on the statement, Kristy started playing "The Channukah Song."EDIT: Upon hearing Manuel's statement, Kristy sarcastically remarked "Anbody got a plastic car?"IC OdysseusI walked into the Pantheon room, flopped down on a couch, and opened my laptop.

Edited by Constructman

IC: Zac"Look guys, point is, just cause you guys don't celebrate or like it, doesn't mean you should just be negative and spread it around," Zac said,"And as for what happened, I didn't know, but we are still getting back on our feet if you recall," Zac said to the new comeriC: Zanebono"Well hello Oddy," Zanebono said as he saw another member walk in

IC (Maneul)

"You aren't helping your case. You fight these people on a regular basis. You have throughout the history of your organization. You would think you would have developed a plastic-based combat vehicle by now. But no, instead..." Manuel waved his hands about the room. "We get to watch as they kill another civilian. By the time I arrived, assuming I took off now, they would be gone. Even with my comparative speed advantage. Instead of, say, if we had a nice helicopter or rapid response aircraft." Manuel was not, evidently, in the best of moods.

IC: Grigori, with little better to do, was sitting in the corner, cleaning his gun. When Manuel spoke, the Russian looked up, still idly polishing the barrel.

"I am quite certain, Master Komnenos, that they are all furiously concocting plans of action, under all of this mindless chatter. It is unthinkable that it would be otherwise."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Zac"Okay enough wih the snarky remarks okay?" Zac said as he left the room, "I'm ready to go on a mission as much as the rest of you,"

IC:

Rebekah's room was, by most standards, still bare. But to anyone who had seen it before Weapon X's attack, it had changed significantly.Before, it had been practically empty. A few clothes used to hang in the closet, but the only other sign of inhabitation was a pillow and a thin blanket haphazardly lain underneath the window.
The furniture hadn't changed, but there were actually signs that someone lived there now. A laptop leaned against a wall, charging, next to the room's sole chair. She rarely had visitors, and on the uncommon occasion she did, one of them would just sit on the edge of her bed. The bookshelf held a few small volumes, mostly fiction books. The former Weapon already knew all that she wanted to, and she had no desire to learn more.
A guitar leaned on the wall next to her bed. It used to belong to Elijah, before it went missing after the attack. Rebekah preferred to think of it as "borrowing". The music teacher had quite a few of them, and if he ever asked her about it, she'd turn it over. But he hadn't asked yet. The number of clothes in her closet had increased slightly, a side effect of the times Brooklyn managed to drag her out of her room.
The change no one ever really noticed was under her bed. When she rebuilt her room, she had left a small space open in the floor, with a cover matching the rest of her floor that could be pulled over it. It was stuffed with weapons, a safeguard against the possibility that she might one day find herself without her abilities. The day had not yet come, but she believed in being repaired.
Rebekah herself was currently sitting in her chair, a book open on her lap. She spent a lot of time that way these days. She almost never left her room while others were out and about, instead preferring to wait until they were in classes or sleeping. She had no classes to attend, nor did she have any obligations to attend to. So she seldom left her room while the sun was still up.
The former Weapon X agent had begun to frequent the Danger Room. The types and difficulty levels of the simulations she ran varied, as did the level of realism. Sometimes the realism was set to maximum, other times to medium. But she never set it to such a degree that there was no danger. If her habits disturbed anyone, they never said anything. Partly because they never saw her. She never used the simulator until everyone was asleep, and she always erased any record of it afterward, using the teacher code. It had been easy to get her hands on it. Alaric wasn't exactly careful about making sure he never left his notes out. She never left any signs of her presence either. Any injuries she dealt with herself, refusing to go to the nurse. And any blood she may leave on the floor was always mopped up before she left.
She had attained a reputation in the Institute. Many new students had arrived, many of whom had never seen her once. Even the ones who had seen her never saw anything but a dark colored blur, there one second, gone the next. The remaining students from before the Weapon X assault mostly avoided her. Some of them harbored ill will, others remembered her behavior at the party just before. And still others simply didn't care. If she wouldn't take the effort to interact with them, neither would they with her.
Quietly, she closed her book and slipped it onto her shelf. Something had happened. The school had gone almost completely silent, as if holding its breath in horror.
Unperturbed, she stood, and slipped out of her room. Things were once again afoot.
OOC: Shadow open for interaction at the Institute

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Manuel)

"Yes. Because watching a women die and then going on to discuss the true ideals of Christmas is the mark of a true hero." Manuel inclined his head towards Jared. "Two people Two people out of a group of so-called hero's ready to spring into action." He shook his head. "I must speak to Mr. McCoy about starting a morality and ethics class."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac"Okay you know what punk?!" Zac said as he placed down the bag, "Either you f***ing shut up, or, we are gonna have Christmas dinner a bit early!"At that time, Abi came down the stares and saw Zac getting angry, "You okay Zac?" Abi asked

IC (Manuel)

"Grigori. Remind me, are threats of violence currently illegal? I sometimes get this periods laws mixed up with those of 18th century England." Manuel had stood from his chair and, though he seemed very disinterested in the being threatening him, he had began to gather his books.

OOC: Also please know the Brotherhood will be migrating soon from their warehouse to the country of Genosha, they now have a large base there. If you don’t know what Genosha is it’s a entire mutant country that Magneto ran for a long time, but in the past years it has been deserted until now, it is mostly destroyed. Some X-Men know where the Brotherhood base is currently so they can’t have that.

OFF to work :/

IC: Summer-flight (X-Manor)

“What’s wrong?” Ash said as she stepped into the living room from the great hall after she’d read John and Ric’s thoughts a bit. “What’s going on?” she asked.

IC: Romulus (Hellfire Mansion)

“Go ahead,” Romulus grinned. “Just don’t kill her, not yet.”

IC: Triblade (X-Manor)

“I’m pretty sure Ashley brought in a small one and grew it to this size,” he said to Sarah as he looked at the tree.

IC: Mimic (X-Manor)

“It’s just a Christmas tradition Chris,” she said sticking her tongue out at her little brother. “I’m still not used to having twin younger brothers now.” She said.

“Because celebrating gives people hope,” she said to Yodo.

IC: Feral (X-Manor)

“I’d love run him through,” John grunted, speaking of Quicksilver.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: Zac"Look, you pal are being a smart a** currently, so just shut up alright?!" Zac exclaimed,"Zac!" Abi exclaimed as well.Zac looked at Jared and went to grab a ladder, "I'm gonna get ya down Jared,@

IC: Aleksandr (Institute, Westchester)

"Oh, no. God forbid!" Aleks cried, advancing into the room with the grace of a dancer, deep brown eyes boring into Zac. "If you fail in trying to, quote, 'shut up' a five hundred year old creature with vastly exponential - compared to you, anyway - strength, speed, and intelligence, we're going to have Christmas dinner a few hours early. I'm sure the poor ham and stuffing will truly regret all the things they've yet to accomplish in their life. Note to yourself: find a better insult, and install a better brain-to-mouth filter."

Turning to Manuel and Grigori, the Russian thief bowed his head respectfully and then added, "You said something about a plan of action?"

IC: Dallas (Institute, Westchester)

"Yea, yeah, Dad, I got the present--wait, the...no. No, I got the Starbucks gift card, I didn't get a...oh."

His dad said something over Skype, but Dallas was already looking through his various Christmas boxes: most he'd received from his Twitter followers - @GreenEyedMonster by now had 1.8 million followers, the most of any mutant, a fact he constantly rubbed in to the other X-Men - but a few were from friends, family, and various other people he'd been in touch with.

"DUDE. How'd you manage to get this into the mail?" Dallas asked, bouncing back onto the bed, eyes wide. "This is...Dad...gah, I love you, man. You said Mom gets home from work in about thirty minutes...? Nah, I can't wait that long, I have to go out there sooner or later, Dad, it's Christmas and they're expecting...Dad, don't you think I'd be up front with you if I were dating the President's daughter? No. I'm not. i--yes, Dad, I know we're Democrats. Yes. Yes, I know. Listen, I really have to go. Thanks for the care package. Love you too. Bye."

The laptop slammed shut.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: (Scott)

With the building done, Scott looked around his new room. Before, he hadn't had time to do anything to it. Now, it was technological paradise. He had small lab he could use to do any work he need to on his armor, or Jarred, should he every ask. The floor was laced with may more steel supports then the other rooms, mainly because of the weight of Scott's armor. Didn't want it crashing through the floor. He of course had the tv on, and saw what quicksiliver had done. "Well, that's not a good sign. Time to go and fight him, again."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: "I do believe that they are illegal in this country, Master Komnenos. There is some question as to whether such laws apply, given the present difficulty in enforcing them."

Grigori snapped the pieces of his gun back together, slipped the bottle of polish and cleaning cloth back into one pocket, and made the gun itself disappear into another. Standing up slowly, he drew his letter-opener from within his coat, and held it up to the light, examining the blade.

"Mention was made of such a thing, yes. Master Komnenos?"

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Knight

Knight has been busy during the past two months he had helped rebuild the X-Men Mansion mainly to keep an eye on Manuel, although he was still annoyed with himself for not seeing sooner but so far he seemed peaceful.

He had also offered Rage a job at certain factory that he owned (although he didn't tell Rage that part), he knew that Rage would be able to get a job there since the manager was also a mutant and one of the few people who knew Knight's secret identity, it was also close to the mansion.

Now as he watched Quicksilver's broadcast he thought. 'This is definitely not good, maybe I can sneek in and see what they are planning.' He got up, turned on a bright light and made his armour, becoming Knight. He rushed off to the scene of the crime.

IC: Spirit

Will had been busy as his powers were useful for temporarily fixing something until it could be fixed properly, he had also tried to become friends Liam since they were both clones (I say tried because I don't want to bunny him) and now he was helping decorate the tree. "I'll go but considering how fast Quicksilver moves I think he'll be long gone." He said.

IC: Smith

Joe got a job with the Hellfire club and was brainwashed.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: ZacZac moaned and didn't care what they said, all these guys were being major pains. He went over to a broom closet and grabbed a huge ladder and started to pull it out.