OOC: Oh, sorry Zyke. New character approved. And an approval for Gravity's new character too.

IC: Nero shook his head at Manuel's question. "If I had to guess, I would have thought they were Enforcers gone nuts, but I've never seen the Enforcers act quite so radically through the media. Just doesn't seem like their style, y'know?"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: Is taking control of real life figures/making characters from real life organizations (making a character in the government of china) allowed?

IC: Gravity

TWO FREAKIN' MONTHS and Sanders still hadn't gotten back to me. Sighing, I sat down and started looking through the news. A frown came across my face as I saw the headlines saying "BROTHERHOOD GETTING BOLDER" and "MYSTERIOUS TV HIJACKING".

IC (Manuel)

Manuel shook his head. "Did you see the wounds on the security guards? Those fellows know their hand to hand combat. Don't let the lack of a bodycount fool you....that's a sign of skill. It's easier to kill someone then disable them. They have training. Very very good training."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Nero shook his head. "To be honest, I wouldn't even have noticed that. I'm not exactly the epitome of combat training and all, yeah? But what do you mean by that? I mean, the enforcers were supposed to be all trained and all. You saying these guys are on a separate level entirely?"

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

IC: Rebekah

"And continuing to listen to that is hampering the already questionable sanity of the people in the room." Rebekah shot back, after nodding to Warren. She turned, and looked at Manuel.

"It's.... interesting to see you. When I am not attempting to kill you." Her eyes flashed to Nero. "The vampire is right. I am not knowledgeable on this particular form, but the hand to hand methods seem... Familiar, somehow."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Manuel)

Manuel shrugged. "Enforcers are trained to fight and disable mutants. There is a world of difference between a mutant and a human being....I don't know. Groups with that sort of skill just don't appear out of nowhere. If some Enforcers went rogue, it'd be all over the media wouldn't it? They've been watching the manor for sometime....that is apparent. Things like that just don't get swept under the rug for two entire months. Not with the ravenous media this nation has."

Manuel inclined his head towards Rebekah. "Likewise. Likewise. I am glad you made out of the base before the..ah, chaos."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: ZacZac ran towards Beast's office, but accidentally ran into it, causing a loud thud and quickly rebounded back down to the ground, "OW!"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC-Elijah:

"Chris, you little creature, I heard that comment!" Elijah yelled, running breathelessly into the lounge, before he noticed something: Chris was gone already.

"Well...Uh...Hi, everybody, it looks like I'm going to have to yell at him later...Then, destroy Pietro. What fun." He looked about a moment more, before moving over near Rebekah, listening to the discussion that was ongoing about what had apparently been on the TV.

IC-Morrison:

As Nicole spoke to others, the school's new mascot-of whom only Dallas, Beast, and himself likely knew his true nature-walked up to her, jumping up and forcing her to catch him-her eyes had been straying too near to Dallas, and Morrison here was still attempting to aid Dallas...by distracting Nicole.

My large sacrifice,

Keeping my friend safe-I hope,

It's really stupid.

He seriously owes me something for this.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Rather than try and force two conversations at once, Adrian crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. "I'll wait until you finish. But I still have questions for you."

Nero drummed his fingers against the armrest of his chair. "Okay then... Well, judging by what you guys said about their combat skill, and the fact that they've been able to so discreetly keep tabs on everything that's happened in the mutant world in the last few months, even with the telepaths, technopaths, and sono or audiokinetics at our disposal, it's pretty obvious that we're dealing with people a few steps beyond the normal military, y'know?"

Nero paused for a second, a thoughtful, look on his face, "Rebekah, you say it's not a style you're knowledgeable about, but you say it's familiar to you, yeah? If you could compare it to anything, what would be the closest thing you could think of?"

IC: Zanebono"I believe we should ask our dear Director if we should keep guard at the X-Man facility...something tells me another disaster is gonna happen there..." Zanebono said to his team,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

"If I had to try and place it...." Rebekah crossed her arms, grimacing slightly as she forced herself into the memories of constant training, trying to place where she'd seen it.

"Weapon X. It's vague, but I remember a training session using the style. And I remember seeing the same trainer arguing with Johnson, something... Something about the best tactics to use on a mission."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Upon hearing Weapon X, Adrian's thumb brushed against his knuckles unconsciously.

Nero frowned and pinched at the bridge of his nose with mild exasperation. "I seriously hope it ain't them. One would think we'd seen the end of those nutjobs..." Nero flinched, then hurriedly shot a "No offense." to Rebekah. Granted, she was as far away from Weapon X personnel as a person could be now that she had her memories and no bomb to hold her down, but still, as the person with the most experience with being a part of Weapon X in the room, she still may feel a certain way.

"If it is them, though, this seems to go completely against their earlier objectives. Weren't they originally all for mutants, as long as they were strapped with a bomb, and obedient as all can be?"

Rebekah glanced toward Elijah, and inclined her head slightly, almost in greeting, before returning her attention to the topic at hand.

"Bombs were their most humane enforcement methods." The implication, that she had at the very least seen the other methods, was obvious. "But you are in theory correct. Weapon X sought to harness mutantkind's power. And no, I can't explain why this group might be distinctly against them. Or why they're operating so openly."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Helicopter, Over New York)

"Well, that went didn't it?" One of the soldiers spoke over the droning of the helicopter. His accent clearly British "I daresay we built quite a case against them. Can't wait for the media to pounce on this." He shook his head and removed his mask, revealing an impeccable mustache and twinkling brown eyes. "'Specially when the media get those copies of the tapes we sent out. Gonna be bloody chaos." The soldier's face split into a giant grin. "I mean, sure, those security guys are gonna be hurtin for awhile, but I think it'll go away when they see how much money was in that suitcase we left em."

Yuri nodded. "This was a good first move. Public support will be high, the X-Men will be scrutinized quite heavily...and we might have just cost the president his office." He turned to the men around him. They'd planted a nice little chip in the guts of the broadcast equipment before they left, they'd be able to hack into the network and use it whenever they needed to. "Only thing left to do is...." Yuri opened a small laptop and pressed a single key, sending out a message to some very select members of the Enforcers, those who might join them. It told them to head to the docks, Pier 24, tonight. No other explanation given. It'd taken some fancy hacking and more then a few bribes to get the information he needed but...bolstering their ranks was worth it.

Grinning silently, Yuri calmly opened a nearby window and hurled the laptop out of it. It would shatter when it hit the waves and the ocean would do the rest. Even if they managed to trace the message, they'd get nothing.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Nero sighed, head dropping into his hands. When he brought his head back up, it was with a look of longstanding fatigue with irritating situations. "I swear, it's like the rabbithole can't ever be shallow and simple. It's always deep, and dank, and filled with mysteries and infuriating questions... I am not amused."

IC: Julia, 415

It had been two months. Two months spent rebuilding the mansion. Two months and still no word from Alex. Julia was clinically depressed, but she had stopped slicing her own arms open for Dallas's sake. Speaking of which, she needed to find him. And soon.

Aaron Webb propped up his AWM on the ledge of the building overlooking the mansion. His arctic camo suit would make him nearly invisible from this distance. The scope provided an excellent view of the place, directly through the main lobby window. The students seemed to be congregating in an open area near a Christmas tree and a recently-destroyed television. For a moment, his finger lingered on the trigger, but he hesitated. These people were just teenagers; most of them were under eighteen, from what Aaron could tell. Why were they killing kids?

Aaron shook his head, trying to eliminate any of the moral questions still lingering in his thoughts. He switched his headset on and let out a breath.

"214. This is 415. I'm in position and have eyes on the targets. Do you copy?"

OOC: Felix post when I have more time...

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC (Agent 214)

Yuri keyed his radio. "I copy. Hold position and stay out of sight. We've just delivered our little message. Wait for 207 and her team to check in. They should be about done in the sewers. Our objective is to capture one of them. Lethal force is authorized. Remember people, they might look like kids, but some of these guys have more then their fair share of blood on their hands. Child soldiers are still soldiers."

Edited by Basilisk

"You mean the rabbithole I slept in for the past six years?" Rebekah commented, as she turned and made for the door. She started to depart as silently as she approached, pausing only momentarily at the doorway. "I'll let you all know if I remember anything more."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dallas (Institute, Westchester)

Now done with his Skype session with the folks at Cali, Dallas exited his dorm slowly and made his way down the hallway, sliding down the banister of the stairs, the railing acting as a sort of surface to grind on underneath his boardless feet, clad in Supra hightops.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Yodo frowned. Much as he typically liked to rest and brood, he was currently stuck under a heavy shield that impeded any other movement or conversation. That meant no spreading of gloom and no saying of doom. A change of scenery was, therefore, in order.

He thought of the Rho Aias reproduction and switched it off. Immediately the shield disappeared, replaced with the brilliant lights of the tree and the heady air smelling of nutmeg and chocolate. He pulled himself onto one arm and looked around.

Where to next?

As he thought, he found he still held his cup. Yeremi examined it. It had been drained dry and was no longer suitable for staring into moodily. Something to rectify at once.

The mutant stood up with a directive in head: Obtain refreshment, then snark. He strode off towards the refrigerator with dreadlocks swirling and jacket flapping.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Nero only nodded, eyes now closed. After a few minutes, he stated out loud. "You know... If those guys had been watching us all this time, shouldn't we be worried about them keeping an eye on us even now? Shouldn't we be upping our security?"

When Adrian shot Nero a curious look, Nero continued "I mean, they were capable of getting footage of us accepting the President's daughter into our school. There's almost nothing stopping them from watching us right now, yeah?"

IC (Manuel)

"Quite. They could have cameras or any other number of devices posted by now. They've been watching for two months...why not now?" Manuel stood up from his seat. "One thing is apparent. They are organized, very good at what they do, and they believe we are a threat to humanity. This is a less then ideal combination. We should expect action against us at some point...my wards will prevent anyone from gaining unauthorized entry via any window, door or tunnel....but they'll do little good if there is no window or door..." Manuel caught himself. "They'll stop the first few intruders, electric shocks and that sort of thing, but knowing they have been watching us this entire time is... unnerving."

IC: Spirit

"They look like commandos, judging by the wounds on those guards." Will said.

IC: Knight

Knight drove to where Quicksilver sent his massage from but he was already long gone (I'm guessing), but he saw the next broadcast on a t.v. in a store window. 'Not everyone can go after one of the most powerful groups in the world.' he thought, he had not been idle in the past two months but he couldn't do much against the brotherhood, he mostly just took to making the streets safer for poorer people. He got on his bike and headed towards the mansion. 'I'd better search for cameras nearby.'

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Gemini (WarehouseGemini walked through the warehouse, looking for Quicksilver to ask him something. He had to stay here...he had to keep an eye on Zac

IC: Julia, 415, Felix

Julia had been pacing the halls aimlessly when she ran into just the person she needed to see.

"Dallas," she said, "um..."

She paused, unconsciously rubbing her wrists where the scars had long since faded.

"Can we talk?"

Aaron traced the movements of the children below, keeping the sights leveled on several students. Suddenly, a quick gust of wind picked up, and he instantly adjusted his aim, moving the barrel to the left and slightly up. Even despite Yuri's remark, he couldn't help but feel wrong about what he was doing. Yes, some of the mutants in there were X-Men, but they couldn't all be.

Could they?

Felix flattened himself against a wall near an emergency stairwell door as bullets flew past him. He had lost count of the soldiers, but that may or may not have mattered. He sent a small bolt of electricity into the door's electric lock and moved inside.

67tlbk.png

"A little. Now, I really have to go for a bit. A few things I need to do." Rebekah said, perhaps not with a friendly tone, but one distinctly less frigid.

Before the other mutant could react, her form blurred, and she was gone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Chris Marie:

Chris had just arrived in New York. The bus driver had been in a hurry to get home, and failed to notice Chris as he snuck off the bus and headed into the city outskirts. Eventually arriving at a familiar place. An alley he'd frequented when he was much younger. Much simpilar back then. Although he didn't think in words (the memories he'd borrowed from Christine had worn off by now), he knew what he felt. Back at the beginning. He lingered there for a moment before continuing on towards the center of the city. He wasn't as angry as earlier, and he now wished he didn't leave.

A smile broke onto his face. He decided that now was a good time to learn how to drive.

OOC: Constuctman, did you ask Basilisk ahead of time before creating a character for his division? If not, you must run it by him before submitting a character for Admin approval.

OOC: Yeah...I'm not sure an android would be suitable for the spec-ops group...

IC: Julia, 415

"Well..." Julia said, taking a seat next to Dallas. "it's Christmas Eve, and, to put things mildly, I feel like Gallagher locked in a Home Depot. And not the tools and appliances section, either."

"214," Webb said through his headset, "I'm picking up movement. It looks like...holy ****, it's Shadow, from Weapon-X! She's on the move, heading away from the mansion. Orders, sir?"

67tlbk.png