Reloading?

Kongu probably doesn't. After all, Kongu is a Toa of Air and has a Kanohi Mask and Elemental Powers to also rely on.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

My guess would be that he has to.There is no reason to assume that the Cordak blaster only has 6 shots (judging from its size it could have 12), but that still means he will need to reload after every 6 (or 12) shots.Though he does have two Cordak Blasters, so he would only need to reload after he has used up his 12 (or 24) shots.Now on the sets the Toa Mahri do have extra ammo on their backs (and in Kongu's case on his arms). Assuming the sets are canon in this respect he will still need to reload his Cordak Blasters, he just won't need to go back to his Cordak ammo stash (if he has one).Though if the sets are completely canon he only has 4 extra shots to use before he has to go to his Cordak ammo stash. But since Cordak means "desolation" in Matoran its possible that you only need 4 more shots. But if you are fighting a huge pile of Rahkshi, or Skakdi, or enemies of the golden skinned Skakdi Fusion you may need more that 4 more shots.So long story short, i think that he or anyone using a Cordak Blaster would need to reload (which would be very inconvenient).Which brings me to my last point (if you can called it a point).Why in Mata Nui's name did he give up his melee weapon.

Maybe he has a stash of spare Cordak darts? Although that would be mighty annoying, as he would have to drop one of the blasters to use them.Or maybe he just has a lot of darts to begin with, because he has two of them. Twelve rounds is pretty good, especially for bullets that explode.

Why in Mata Nui's name did he give up his melee weapon.
He thought it would be rather useless underwater compared to extra rockets. One rocket is enough to down or at least stun a powerful foe, so despite the rapid-fire potential the Toa would likely not need (or even have time, depending on the outcome) to fire all 6 rockets each. It's not shown in the story, but it's reasonable that they carried at least a few extra rockets each, giving them a fair bit of firepower.Consider the early use of guns: You would fire your shots, then draw a sword or other backup weapon to engage the enemy. In BIONICLE, the Toa have elemental powers as well, so they would not be as hindered by an empty gun as a human would be. I reason that they go into battle, use their rockets and blades and powers to defeat their enemies, then reload during the quiet period that follows. The Toa Mahri seemed to have enough time off to go move Matoran and sever the Voya Nui cord, so the underwater battling can't have been full-time.

Does anybody here have one of those bionicle cordak dart guns? The life sized ones? If so, maybe by taking a look at one of those we can see how he reloads
Judging by the looks of the weapon you'd just reload it from the front. The main problem would be to carry enough spare rockets and not drop them while reloading in combat, I think. Out of combat there wouldn't be much trouble.

I do remember Greg answering a question like this (if not exactly). I do recall him answering with something along lines of "Kongu doesn't have to worry about running out of ammo. The Toa mahri are surrounded by cordak ammo." I remember it was Bioniclestory.com in the archives but I can't find them on the site.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

You mean that every 500 meters there was an ammo station? That's what that statement makes it sound like
No, I was impling that it was grown (weird actually). Anyway I found the quote:
Name: AndrewQuestion: Why does Kongu have two cordak blasters' date=' but no weapons? What does/can he do when he runs out of ammo?Greg: Well, if you were going into a battle with thousands of sea creatures would you rather have a weapon that would allow you to fight from a distance or one that requires you to be in the middle of them? [b']And there is plenty of cordak ammo around that the Barriki captured from Hydraxon and the Toa stole from them.[/b]
Well there's your answer. If you don't believe me you go to the archives here and go to the command center and click "ask Greg" for the answer. Edited by Eye Beam Lasers

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

You mean that every 500 meters there was an ammo station? That's what that statement makes it sound like
No, I was impling that it was grown (weird actually). Anyway I found the quote:
Name: AndrewQuestion: Why does Kongu have two cordak blasters' date=' but no weapons? What does/can he do when he runs out of ammo?Greg: Well, if you were going into a battle with thousands of sea creatures would you rather have a weapon that would allow you to fight from a distance or one that requires you to be in the middle of them? [b']And there is plenty of cordak ammo around that the Barriki captured from Hydraxon and the Toa stole from them.[/b]
Well there's your answer. If you don't believe me you go to the archives here and go to the command center and click "ask Greg" for the answer.
Ok. Thanks.

pWPTu7m.jpg

He gave up his melee weapon for 2 cordak while he was on Mahri-Nui.I think he would have to reload, but for what he had to do in mahri-nui, maybe 2 cordak were a wisest choice to do.Nothing says if he gave up one of his cordak for a melee weapon for the battle of Metru-nui?Or maybe he was carring a staff or a sword in his back, so when his cordak were empty, he could drop themon the battlefeild and use his melee weapon.

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

He gave up his melee weapon for 2 cordak while he was on Mahri-Nui.I think he would have to reload, but for what he had to do in mahri-nui, maybe 2 cordak were a wisest choice to do.Nothing says if he gave up one of his cordak for a melee weapon for the battle of Metru-nui?Or maybe he was carring a staff or a sword in his back, so when his cordak were empty, he could drop themon the battlefeild and use his melee weapon.
I don't think there is any storyline evidence for an extra melee weapon...