How Did The Piraka Get So Much Of Terry's Antidermis?

How did the Piraka get their hands on Terry’s antidermis? Legacy of Evil says that they did not notice it in the lair, and antidermis dissipates quickly if left without a container for an extended period of time, so HOW DID THEY FILL A GIANT VAT WITH TERRY? And, Antidermis is a gas, yet in the vat, it was liquid, and gas is much less dense than liquid, so in order to fill that giant vat with liquid antidermis, they would need a volume of gaseous antidermis larger than the volume of Terry’s armor.

aouROFb.png

When the six Piraka came to his lair to investigate his death, [Teridax] followed the Piraka to Voya Nui, where he instructed Zaktan to construct a special container which would gather his Antidermis inside.

So basically Teridax had planted into Zaktan's mind the secret of his essence and the idea to build a crystal vat. :) Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

It's a thick gas, as far as we've seen. Vapor, sort of. And yeah, that was Teridax in the vat. Zaktan spent a long time alone with it, as far as I know, and it was implied that he conversed with it. After the vat got broken, Axonn heard someone/something scream. Not much later, Teridax appears in the Pit. Also: The cut chapter/book that was set to take place in the cord had Teridax possess Matoro's body for a little while after Matoro used his Iden to scout, thus leaving it "empty".

I think it must take quite a long time for antidermis to dissipate completely, because Teridax had no (mentioned) container from the time of his fight with Takanuva until the Piraka arrived - weeks, possibly. If he had a saftey container in Mangaia just in case he needed it, that might exoplain his survival.In the vat on Voya nui, I think (and I'm really not sure on this) the antidermis began to reghenerate once it had a container. This could explain why there was so much of it.

ppg2.png

I think that a Makuta might just be able to control their pure Antidermis mass. Also, they can change between being gas, energy, and liquid. They are usually energy while inside a body. However, the Antidermis vat counted as a body, so Teridax was not at risk of dispersing until Axonn destroyed the vat.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think antidermis "reproduces" in a way, which would explain why there was so much of it and also why Makuta are able to take damage to their armor without long term consequences.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

I am more interested by HOW did they transport'em. In Dark Legacy has NOT mentioned a single thing about that...

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I am more interested by HOW did they transport'em. In Dark Legacy has NOT mentioned a single thing about that...

Very true. Personally, it seems so illogical that other Makuta dissipate so quickly, yet Teridax survived for what must at least have been weeks in his lair, without his armor or a vat or anything. He should have been long dead before the Piraka got there, let alone surviving transport to Voya-Nui... Right?

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

Very true. Personally, it seems so illogical that other Makuta dissipate so quickly, yet Teridax survived for what must at least have been weeks in his lair, without his armor or a vat or anything. He should have been long dead before the Piraka got there, let alone surviving transport to Voya-Nui... Right?
Not necessarily true. I;m pretty sure Makuta could hold themselves together for a few weeks. Maybe it has something to do with their will? We know Teridax had a very strong will. The question of how the antidermis was transported is definitely a valid question. Zaktan might have gotten some it with him secretly in a few vials or something, but that wouldn't fit the amount of antidermis the Piraka were later shown to have. I think this is a question for GregF.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

The other Makuta's Antidermis were destroyed quickly. Tridax's Antidermis was destroyed by Tobduk's weapon, and Kojol's Antidermis was destroyed by the Xian foundry. As for any general Makuta's Antidermis, they can exist in their gaseous form for about two weeks. :)

jlovfkk.jpg

Not necessarily true. I;m pretty sure Makuta could hold themselves together for a few weeks. Maybe it has something to do with their will? We know Teridax had a very strong will. The question of how the antidermis was transported is definitely a valid question. Zaktan might have gotten some it with him secretly in a few vials or something, but that wouldn't fit the amount of antidermis the Piraka were later shown to have. I think this is a question for GregF.
They teleport because teleportation is one of their powers. Simple as that. Btw, when you say Dark Legacy, you mean Legacy of Evil, right?

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

They teleport because teleportation is one of their powers. Simple as that.

Can Teleport be used in gas form, though? Most likely it can, but then you would think other Makuta would have used it to escape as well, such as Tridax. Edited by Katuko

What's this about Teridax possessing Matoro? I've read every Legends book and I've never heard of that happening. :blink: But I'm pretty sure Teridax, as was said earlier, influenced Zaktan to store his antidermis so that he could influence the Piraka, and thus, the quest for the MoLi. Also, where was it stated that the antidermis became liquid while in the vat? I just assumed it was a gas that had coalesced inside the vat (any gas less dense than air can be stored in a container). :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

What's this about Teridax possessing Matoro? I've read every Legends book and I've never heard of that happening. :blink:

It was scheduled to happen in one of the books, but that part was cancelled for some reason. Greg still released info on that part of the story, and I think it stuck as canon.

They teleport because teleportation is one of their powers. Simple as that.

Can Teleport be used in gas form, though? Most likely it can, but then you would think other Makuta would have used it to escape as well, such as Tridax.
Official word is that they can use mental powers in pure Antidermis form (but not physical powers, like laser vision or chain lightning). It might take a few seconds for teleportation to work, and Tridax was being mercilessly attacked, while, for Teridax, everyone thought he was dead already.

What's this about Teridax possessing Matoro? I've read every Legends book and I've never heard of that happening. :blink:

It was scheduled to happen in one of the books, but that part was cancelled for some reason. Greg still released info on that part of the story, and I think it stuck as canon.
It was to be called BIONICLE Legends 7: Invasion. The information was released in the secon encyclopedia. It also disclosed the Krana-Zyglak relationship, among other things.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Zaktan knew all along that it was Terry in the vat, since Teridax telepathically told him. And Teridax tagged along in the Toa canisters with the Piraka, I believe. There, he instructed Zaktan to make the vat, where he placed his essence. Also, Makuta antidermis is capable of becoming either a liquid, gas, or virus, so it just depends on what the situation is and what form is neccessary. t1ssig.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

They teleport because teleportation is one of their powers. Simple as that. Btw, when you say Dark Legacy, you mean Legacy of Evil, right?
Lol, I was just too lazy to check the name. You get the idea anyway :PAnd, teleport - again, Makuta cannot access to most, if not all, of their powers without an armor :S And even if he used teleportation, then where did the Piraka find him again?The whole antidermis thing is just too confusing.
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Yes, Makuta cannot access most of their powers when in Antidermis form, but they still can use some. It's only the ones which require a body to use, like elemental or vision powers. Mental powers, like teleportation, can be used.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I don't have a good answer to this but a good question is how is it that Teridax can move so quickly when in antidermis form since he traveled all the way from the pit to the control room of mata-nui since that must have been over 300 miles. My only theory is that maybe he was able to catch a wind current to just carry him there. And how in the world did he get under water as a gas since that would not normally work?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I don't have a good answer to this but a good question is how is it that Teridax can move so quickly when in antidermis form since he traveled all the way from the pit to the control room of mata-nui since that must have been over 300 miles. My only theory is that maybe he was able to catch a wind current to just carry him there. And how in the world did he get under water as a gas since that would not normally work?

Teleportation. And maybe he was in his liquid form in the Pit.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Teleportation is a possibility, But from what I've read The makuta do not have a liquid version of Antidermis.Here's a example When Mata-Nui created the Makuta he took antidermis from that pool on a southern island which at that point they were a liquid. Then the Antidermis was a solid before the makuta evolved to a gaseous antidermis.So in all reality they have gone through every state of matter except Plasma which is very very unlikely that they could have due to plasma's unique properties.LIQUID>SOLID>GAS.So it is unlikely that he would have been a liquid when entering the pit. And i thought that makuta could not use physical powers while without a body. or maybe he just influenced Maxilos to come to the shore or cord before he entered the pit.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Teleportation is a possibility, But from what I've read The makuta do not have a liquid version of Antidermis.Here's a example When Mata-Nui created the Makuta he took antidermis from that pool on a southern island which at that point they were a liquid. Then the Antidermis was a solid before the makuta evolved to a gaseous antidermis.So in all reality they have gone through every state of matter except Plasma which is very very unlikely that they could have due to plasma's unique properties.LIQUID>SOLID>GAS.So it is unlikely that he would have been a liquid when entering the pit. And i thought that makuta could not use physical powers while without a body. or maybe he just influenced Maxilos to come to the shore or cord before he entered the pit.
Actually, it goes solid>liquid>gas. Teleportation is a mental power. And I thought they could consciously switch between forms.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Actually, it goes solid>liquid>gas. Teleportation is a mental power. And I thought they could consciously switch between forms.
When i wrote LIQUID>SOLID>GAS i was referring to the makuta order of forms.LIQUID when they were in that pool on a southern island SOLID after Mata-Nui brought the Makuta into existence and gave them a physical bodyGAS When they evolved And Makuta can't voluntarily change their state of matter because if they could they could have stopped their transformation into gas within armor.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

A Makuta cannot teleport in Antidermis form:

3a) Can a Makuta teleport in antidermis form? (Not sure if this counts as a mental ability or not).

3a) No
Also:

2) How fast can antidermis travel? Apparently pretty fast if it beat the Piraka there.

2) Well, it is a gas, and it is left earlier than they did.
Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

Easy - he could have either poccess another body for a teleportation or just fly really fast like you said. But it really bothers me how did he ended up in Voya Nui. He couldn't have teleported there first as he had informed the Piraka of the Ignika in his liar, and I think that one of the Piraka did mention about the Antidermis being obtained in Terri's liar... Maybe Zaktan took it in his canister? Makes sense as Zaktan seemed to have a connection w/ the Antidermis?