Most Annoying...... Glitches

Brain Attack

In VNOG where a multi-hit weapon will sometimes cause the fight to freeze. The annoying part is, if you return to menu and go back to the game, the fight will restart but the enemies you defeated will be gone. But you don't get to have their drops so sometimes you can get stuck there if the said enemy has a key item. :/

The occasional Out of Bounds glitch with BIONICLE: Heroes can be annoying as well...

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Bionicle: The Game has 2 that come to mind.

The Lewa Nuva level has death water, but imagine falling, getting stuck in between the stage, and THEN getting killed by the death water.

A similar thing happened to me in the Tahu Nuva level. Got stuck on a rock in the lava, and then met with death.

Not sure if this was a glitch, but with the Pohatu Nuva level and the never-ending mine cart ride. I was told this was a glitch by some people, but others say it's not really. It's when despite hitting all the switches and getting everything, the mine cart never stops and you never exit the tracks, thus leading to a never-ending mine cart ride. I experienced this once, but then again I only played the game once. I had to reset however so I could progress and get unstuck from the level.

I've experienced some of the weirdest things with that game.

One glitch I recall seeing was the headless Toa glitch in Bionicle Heroes. I turned the game off then back on to fix it. In that same game, I also had one of the studs that you collect for profit grow to a huge size and freeze in front of my screen, blocking the majority of my view. It went back to normal after a few seconds though.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

In MNGOII, all undeclared variables equal "" rather than undefined, like they should. Because of this, all the checks for somevarible == undefined fail and scenes will try to play before they are really ready. To this day I still don't know why this happens, but so lng as you play offline or have fast internet and use kapura + 8 when all else fails, it's a non-issue.

Are signatures still a thing?

In MNGOII, all undeclared variables equal "" rather than undefined, like they should. Because of this, all the checks for somevarible == undefined fail and scenes will try to play before they are really ready. To this day I still don't know why this happens, but so lng as you play offline or have fast internet and use kapura + 8 when all else fails, it's a non-issue.

Most intriguing. So basically that's what broke MNOG II, apart from corrupt scenes and conversation files. Thanks for posting this. :D This said, those were the most annoying glitches. Those and the one in VNOG that broke your game if you defeated Vezok before Reidak or something.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Most intriguing. So basically that's what broke MNOG II, apart from corrupt scenes and conversation files. Thanks for posting this. :D This said, those were the most annoying glitches. Those and the one in VNOG that broke your game if you defeated Vezok before Reidak or something.-Gata signoff.png

Yep, that's what broke it. It's as though it's partially being thrown into SWF5 AS compatibility for undeclared variables but otherwise using SWF6 AS compatibility as evidenced by it functioning at all. Since this isn't how a SWF6 should behave, and in my test do not behave, all I can figure is newer Flash Player versions are glitching over a tag in the SWF or a piece of ActionScript code causing the ASVM to use "" instead of undefined.

Edited by JrMasterModelBuilder

ANY glitch in Mata Nui Online Game 2 that prevents you from going further in the game.Also, I've discovered a glitch in the Rahi vs Tohunga battles of MNOG when you defend Kini-Nui. At some stage with a Muaka in it, the Muaka will kill at least two Matoran then get ready to attack. But if you charge up all of your Matoran at once, both sides won't do anything but "dance". This goes on forever, so I call it the "Eternal Dance Party" glitch.

mindeth the cobwebs

The worst I discovered was in VNOG. Here's what it was: When you used the skin cheat for the Piraka or from what I saw any character beside the Inika would disappear for a few seconds, and would reappear when you moved that character.I have still not found the solution to this problem.HDXC2000 6.0

Edited by Hybridno DXC2000 6.0

ANY glitch in Mata Nui Online Game 2 that prevents you from going further in the game.Also, I've discovered a glitch in the Rahi vs Tohunga battles of MNOG when you defend Kini-Nui. At some stage with a Muaka in it, the Muaka will kill at least two Matoran then get ready to attack. But if you charge up all of your Matoran at once, both sides won't do anything but "dance". This goes on forever, so I call it the "Eternal Dance Party" glitch.

I remember that glitch, it was annoying. Good to know what causes it.

The worst I discovered was in VNOG. Here's what it was: When you used the skin cheat for the Piraka or from what I saw any character beside the Inika would disappear for a few seconds, and would reappear when you moved that character.I have still not found the solution to this problem.HDXC2000 6.0

It's because they don't have diagonal movement sprites. The only way to fix it would be to replace the character SWF's.

"

"

Yeah, that's happened to me a couple of times. That's why I never use Tamaru

1) He's weak.

2) He can draw fire.

3) I can't use everyone at one time, so cheer everyone on!

new_sig_legacy_2.png

• 3 weeks later...

I had a biggie with Bionicle: the Game on the Nintendo Gamecube.

See, on the Tahu levels, the game would occasionally bluescreen and tell me there was some sort of error. Both Tahu and Tahu Nuva had this problem, and I never found a way to resolving either than using sheer willpower to try and hold off the bluescreen long enough to finish the level. Tahu Mata wasn't as bad; while the errors seemed to happen whenever you were about to fight something major, you could hope for a save point and save often. Tahu Nuva, however, required luck and a lot of hope to get through with no errors.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd love to hear it, though I doubt that there is much that can be done about it.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Trying to play ANY Traveller's Tales game on the computer. :annoyed: Yeesh. At least the molasses is good for waffles.

Otherwise, a glitch in Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (or at least the Wii version) where after beating the "all gold bricks" bonus level, you're stuck in Diagon Alley and can't return to Hogwarts.

And it's not a glitch, but how annoying is it that in Lego Star Wars III, stud multipliers don't work in multi-player ground battles? I was so disappointed by that.

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

I've only played MNOG and MNOG II..

In this offline version of MNOG II, the people keep forgetting I won a kolhii match. I beat the first team extremely easily with like 7-1, and Nokama is like 'Well, better luck next time!'

>=|

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

Bionicle Heroes DS had a few glitches that I found annoying, including:

-Enemies that I had to kill get stuck in place in a moving animation and become invincible, forcing me to restart the level.

-Runes/Gears floating in unreachable places midair.

-Respawning in the middle of an object, and getting stuck.

-Disappearing weapons.

And, of course, MNOG II was so very much glitch ridden, I don't know how many times I tried to finish it (and failed).

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

In Command the Mahri: The Final Challenge. When I play as Jaller, the screen would completely freeze( with the music still on) and I would have to close all other open tabs, open the site in another tab, then it would go back to normal.

The only thing that I can remember, besides the obvious MNOGII glitches, is one time when I was fighting against Vezon and Fenrakk in BIONICLE Heroes. I had only one hit left to beat the game, but for some reason Vezon just stood there without doing anything. It's like the game didn't recognize the order to start the cutscene or something like that. I had to restart, never happened to me again.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Guest AdaptingChaos
The only thing that I can remember, besides the obvious MNOGII glitches, is one time when I was fighting against Vezon and Fenrakk in BIONICLE Heroes. I had only one hit left to beat the game, but for some reason Vezon just stood there without doing anything. It's like the game didn't recognize the order to start the cutscene or something like that. I had to restart, never happened to me again.

The same happened to me!! I didn't understand what happen so I spent about an hour trying to hit him. Eventually I got bored and thought I was doing it wrong so I just shut it off. :P

Bionicle Heroes DS had a few glitches that I found annoying, including:

-Runes/Gears floating in unreachable places midair.

I have one Rune left to get, then I'll have 100% in that game, but when I use Halhii's tracker ability it doesn't stay in one spot, and when I'm near it I can't see it. Have you managed to overcome your glitch? :(

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

There was also this one glitch in MNOG when you're versing the Rahi near the end and when I have two left they take FOREVER to throw and I would have to refresh the game(good thing it saves).And in the Inika Island Investigation game, a piece of paper would stick to the pointer and when you wave it around the Piraka would see you. And when you click replay it would still be there.

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7

I've never had a glitch in a Bionicle game, which makes sense seeing as I barely ever played them.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.