Expecting A Being Born Of Shadows To Look On The Bright Side

I always wondered to some extent how/why Makuta and Rahkshi use Laser Vision, when lasers are light. The best idea I have is that they take light from the surroundings and focus it into a laser. This way they would not have to have light in them. Anyone have a better explanation?

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

The only Rahkshi I know to use eye beams, the 2010 set, uses heat vision; not laser vision. So it is just a heat ray, not a blast of light.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Lemon metallic/Dark green Kraata have laser vision according to the "wild Kraata colors" chart. As Rahkshi they are red-orange. Laser vision is one of the many Rahkshi that were not sets.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

In the BIONICLE universe, regular shadows, moral "shadow" and elemental shadow are basically separate things. It stands to reason that regular light, elemental light and moral "light" would be as well. Makuta are not hurt by standing in the sun. Elemental light is a different story, but "just" a laser doesn't seem to be the same thing. In any case, elemental powers flow through the user. "Standard" powers like laser vision apparently doesn't, because I have a hard time seeing "laser power" float around inside a Makuta. The lasers are shot from the eyes, but that doesn't necessarily mean harmful light has to be condensed within them.

Lemon metallic/Dark green Kraata have laser vision according to the "wild Kraata colors" chart. As Rahkshi they are red-orange. Laser vision is one of the many Rahkshi that were not sets.

Ah, well then I have to concur with the others here that there is no connection. Shadow wasn't considered evil until the Makuta showed their true colors, and Gavla is not very...nice...for a Matoran of Light. So there might be no direct link between light, lasers, and morality.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

One thing to keep in mind, is that Greg has stated several times that physics in the Bionicle universe do not necessarily agree with the physics of ours. A laser in the Bionicle universe may not equal elemental light. A laser may be in its own, entirely separate category from light there. - :t: :l: :h:

Then how did Takanuva create a laser?

aouROFb.png

One thing to keep in mind, is that Greg has stated several times that physics in the Bionicle universe do not necessarily agree with the physics of ours. A laser in the Bionicle universe may not equal elemental light. A laser may be in its own, entirely separate category from light there. - :t: :l: :h:

Then how did Takanuva create a laser?
He creates one using his elemental Light powers.

jlovfkk.jpg

In our world, lasers are the same as light. Since BIONICLE physics usually follows our physics, it stands to reason that lasers would be the same. But still: Elemental Light seems different.Heat vision and laser vision are two different powers, by the way.

I see it as elemental light can be a laser, but a laser does not have to be from elemental powers. Kind of like how a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square. Elemental light fits under the requirement for a laser, but lasers can be more general than that.

takabiobanner.png

In my opinion, I think it's sorta like how water and ice are two separate powers. In the same way, lasers are different from elemental light. In Bionicle, just because someone has ice powers doesn't mean they have water powers and vice versa. And how that guy (that's his username) said above with the example that a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square.

It was all a lie. There's nothing wrong with you.

Nice of you to say. But you of all people should know:

there's plenty wrong with me.

So there's laser vision AND heat vision? That's like having a Toa of Lightning and Electricity. <_<

So there's laser vision AND heat vision? That's like having a Toa of Lightning and Electricity. <_<
Well Toa of lightning could control the plasma created by the static electriciy, and Toa of electricity could control, well, electricity; but that creates a whole new set of problems...

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

In this case, "lightning" is just another name for "electricity", just like "the green" is another name for "plant life". Laser- and heat vision are different, though, in the sense that the former is based on focused rays of light/photons/equivalent while the latter is based on heat/fire/combustion.But as said: In BIONICLE, there is a distinction between Elemental Light and natural Light; at least the "laser" kind of light. For all we know what they call "lasers" are just very thin streams of plasma or the generic "energy" category.

lasers are "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation" or, atleast that is the acronym for laser.but, a non-elemental laser could hurt a makuta, by piercing the armor,duh. i can still hurt them, just not as much as elemental lasers

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Well for the record, there are rahkshi of both chain lightning and electricity. :P Also, there are some differences to them in order for them to be feasible, but with 42 different powers some rahkshi/kraata are very similar to each other.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Well, somebody somewhere along the line had obviously read the Hitchhiker's Guide and decided 42 would be a good number of Kraata breeds. And the story team had to come up with 42 powers. Some of them were unfortunately a little redundant. :/

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison