X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Well, all I thought of him doing with the device would be recalling memories from past travels and maybe the occasional "vacation". I also needed a way to explain why he was A. considerably older than the rest, and B. with HYDRA instead of the U! X-Men. If the device is OP, I could maybe say that it broke when arriving here.

Err, I meant in game.

What's the last in game thing you remember plot wise? Were you here for Vegas? That's the last time I can recall one of your characters.

During Vegas...

During the battle Zack Summers was shot several times. This awakened the dormant Phoenix Force inside Ashlynn Summers. She struck out at the assassin who shot him with her Phoenix fire, only to have a friend and comrade, Jeremy Wagner jump in the way. Jeremy was slain by the attack and Ashlynn fled because of what she'd done. She was then attacked by two telepaths until Warren Worthington III landed the other Blackbird near her and snapped her neck killing her. The X-Men made it back to the Blackbird. Meanwhile the President was giving a conference in NY and there was a plot on his life... The President was then assassinated by Quicksilver. Whom was in turn killed by his own Brotherhood members.

The Brotherhood crumbled after Quicksilver's death. A small group of remaining Brotherhood members fled Genosha and went back to a mansion in New York while Genosha was wiped off the map once again by the Enforcers during their bombing.

There was some organization called MACE that did stuff; apparently I missed while I was gone. Oh Beast was killed also.

Currently New York is now a war-zone from a recent Hydra attack. Most of the X-Men are chilling at the mansion since they weren't sent out by Alaric. The Avengers are there fighting along with a few rogue X-Men.

Modified profile. Reduced the STU to a generic teleport/portal; no more dimension hopping.

Name: Vincent Zai (Alias of Reyson Tsui)Codename: MelodiaAge: 27Gender: MaleFaction: HYDRA

Power(S): Vincent’s primary ability is psychic emotion broadcasting via music Through the power of song, he can broadcast raw emotion over large areas, affecting anybody within hearing range (A close parallel would be Heron Galdrar). As well, he retains enough telepathy to be able to understand any language. This works the other way around too as most people can understand anything he says (Limited Alltongue).

Appearance: Vincent has an angelic appearance to him, with a surprisingly feminine but foreboding face, long silver hair, fair skin, and a slender build. He usually wears long, flowing robes with a high-collar opera cape. Underneath, he wears the Spacetime Traversal Unit. It appears to be a grey, armored vest

Weapons: STU (Spacetime traversal unit): This device allows its user to travel using portals. Due to having been damaged upon his arrival in this universe, it has lost the bulk of its abilities and now can only transport the wearer to an area within a 1 mile radius.

Skills: This version of Vincent is very skilled in singing, as well as other forms of music. He is also very persuasive and diplomatic.Personality: Vincent is a fanatical eco-terrorist. He believes humanity to be a plague on the Earth and figures that population control (code for mass murder) is needed to control the negative impact that they have on the environment. He believes himself to be a prophet of the Mother Earth and will go to any length to exercising “her will”. This obsession is mainly caused by the time he spent in a universe where humanity never evolved.

Weakness: Vincent possesses no powers capable of causing physical damage. As well, those with stronger wills than Vincent can overcome the telepathic effects of his melodies. In addition, his obsession with environmentalism can sometimes put him in strategically disadvantageous situations (He’ll refuse to use fossil fuel vehicles to outrun/chase down enemies). The STU, due to its weakened state, requires 3 minutes of recharge time between portals.Bio: Unlike his prime universe counterpart, Ultimate Vincent enrolled at the Xavier Institute at an early age. Due to a head injury he sustained while playing sports, Vincent lost a large amount of his psychic abilities. To compensate, Vincent experimented with ways to indirectly use his telepathy, finally settling on music. When the Phalanx attacked, Vincent briefly helped with the defenses but eventually deserted, wanting to go home. However, he arrived home to find his family dead. Eventually, after hearing that some of the X-Men had travelled to another universe, Vincent decided to leave his home dimension as well, using a device of his father’s design. However, due to not knowing where the others were headed as well as not being aware that the machine could travel through time as well as space, Vincent ended up traversing multiple universes over multiple time periods. It took him 5 years to find his way to the prime universe, only to find that he was 5 years into the past. In addition, his device, due to the overuse of its abilities, lost most of its power, trapping Vincent in this realm. As a result, Vincent was forced to build a new life during the 5 years here. During these 5 years, he somehow got caught up with HYDRA…

Trivia:

• Vincent is a vegetarian.
  • Vincent has visited many of the Marvel Universes (Earth-161, Earth-1610, etc) as well as the real world (Earth-1218)

Secondary approval from me as well, but do try not to mention our Earth too much in-game. I've had enough fourth wall breaking for one RPG. :P

Also, on a more serious note: it's commonly accepted that if there's no blood left to carry anything, and a body is burnt down straight to the skeleton with just patches of desolate flesh here and there, there won't be enough DNA or strength in a body left to regenerate them. So how, after flying an airplane directly into an airship under heavy enemy fire, being caught in ground zero of a massive jet-fuel enhanced explosion, and falling stories on stories on stories, is John going to be okay? From all logic his skeleton would survive, sure, but there's nothing else on his body that can heal. Any DNA on whatever flesh he has would be charred beyond recognition and any blood he has is a fine mist hovering above some skyscraper in the Upper East Side.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

His entire skeleton isn't showing just in a few places. He's pretty burned up in some areas but not everywhere. Plus Daken survived being incinerated by the Phoenix almost entirely I'm pretty sure John should be able to survive this as well. He will just be out for some time. Not to mention Wolverine has survived such ordeals. He was more blasted out of the plane by the flames before falling to the ground. Since he wasn't entirely burned down to his skeleton he still has enough blood left in him to regenerate.

Edited by Flex Fiction

Okay, I don't have time for my usual long rant on why this doesn't work, so I'll give the bullet points.

-Flames do not knock someone out of a cockpit. Physics does not work that way.

-The pressure wave from impact and explosion alone would have ripped the flesh from his bones.

-Any and all organic material would have been incinerated by such an explosion, which brings me to my next point.

-Healing factor =/= instant regeneration. It's called a healing factor for a reason. It is an increased speed of healing. It also has long been ruled that blood loss kills healing factor users no matter what, and even in the state you're describing him, he doesn't have enough blood to live.

-Wolverine did in fact go through a similar experience. He was blasted head on by a Sentinel. His flesh was incinerated away from his bones, and he died. leaving nothing but his skeleton behind. Metal heats up. John's brain would have been incinerated, if nothing else.

Flex, you are still adherent to the same rules as everyone else with regards to PCs. And that is blatantly modding to survive that. You should have considered the consequences before you had him ram into midair collision.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Actually no what your saying doesn't work Kray. Burns do not take the blood out of people. Have you seen someone bleed out from a burn? No. People burn themselves to keep the blood inside themselves. I have a comic I can tell you the name if you want where Wolverine is burned to a crisp and jumps out of a ship and survives. A also have one where his face is completely torn of by cyclops laser until it is a metal skull where he is fine. I also have one where he is melted down to his skeleton by lava and he still survives. I know the comic you spoke of, and yes he did die in that one. It seems it depends on the writer what he can survive. We also decided as long as there is a few drops of blood left in him his body would regenerate. I did not say that it is an instant healing, it will take a long time but he will heal from this.

It really isn't blatantly modding to survive this. It is in the realm and scope of something John should be able to do.

The fact is, I'm trying to help fix this RP. This battle needs to end and I'm trying to find a quick way to do that. I need staff who are going to work with me not fight me at every turn. Trying to convince me to kill off my main character because I didn't think of the physics is wrong. Yeah John is very hard to kill. But so are lots of characters in this RP in their own way.

The fact is that Daken survived being incinerated by the Phoenix Flames which should be incredibly more hot and lethal then any flames coming from an explosion. Not only that but he flew off a pretty high cliff and into the water. Wolverine can drown. Daken also somehow floated all the way to Cuba or some island. If I need to follow these PC rules your talking about so does Tyler.

He wasn't in the cockpit, he was in the middle of the plane running away from the cockpit. Explosions can throw people. It was an explosion and he caught the end of it. Furthermore I think since it was me doing this to my character I should have the say about how burned he got, and how much blood he has left in him.

Also this is a comic RP. I'm tired of all this adhering to physics. Its based off Marvel, so I think some exception should be made concerning them. This discussion is over in here. PM me about it or you know where to find me on Skype. I'm not killing off John and that's final. If you are going to continue to try to battle me at every turn so you can have your way I'll find new staff.

Actually, an explosion of the type that John was in would cause second to third degree burns over >80% of his body's surface area, and third degree burns of just 15-20% of the body's surface area causes fluid loss significant enough to cause shock or even death. As well, the positioning of the burns, such as around the mouth and nose (obstructing the airway) and in other spots comprised of mainly soft tissue, as well as conflated with the heat of most jet-fuel explosions (higher than the auto-ignition point of 410 degrees Fahrenheit) conflated with the fact that, after causing a large enough hole in the airship, the helium would all dissipate - causing a rapid influx of air from the surrounding atmosphere, that would cause a mid-air firestorm and a vast spike in the temperature due to the extra oxygen being brought in to keep combustion going.

As well, he would not have been forced from the cockpit simply by this conflagration of the jetfuel, rather he would be locked in and forced to endure the burning. By the time he was sufficiently out of the fire and heat that any healing process could begin, he'd have been long burnt to such a point that any vital soft tissues, including the nervous system (nerves, spinal chord, Medulla Oblongata, and brain), the heart, lungs, and stomach, all those would have been completely ruined. It is completely implausible that John could have survived this, when one takes into account the temperature, amount of bodily area burnt and damage that would have been caused, and how long he would've been in it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Actually no what your saying doesn't work Kray. Burns do not take the blood out of people. Have you seen someone bleed out from a burn? No. People burn themselves to keep the blood inside themselves.

The blood can still boil. Why do you think it's so hard to identify plane crash victims aside from their dental records? Why not just use bloodwork? Because the blood i gone. It's evaporated .Poof.

It really isn't blatantly modding to survive this. It is in the realm and scope of something John should be able to do.

No one's trying to say he shouldn't be able to do it (even though, logically, it's not like he should, either) we're saying that it's unfair and overpowered that he can. I can't name one GM who would allow a character to have adamantium bones, thus rendering everything in their body unbreakable from any trauma. Not one. Aside from you, who then gave that particular advancement...to yourself. Hrm.

The fact is that Daken survived being incinerated by the Phoenix Flames which should be incredibly more hot and lethal then any flames coming from an explosion. Not only that but he flew off a pretty high cliff and into the water. Wolverine can drown. Daken also somehow floated all the way to Cuba or some island. If I need to follow these PC rules your talking about so does Tyler.

Daken is a staff NPC and his story will be told in accordance with the plot; when the recounting of his survival becomes necessary to the story (and it will) then I will do so. I have a very good reason for him to be alive, one that fits in well with the plot arcs that were already in motion before the departure of Zyke and others, and one that would not fit for John in the current circumstances. You do need to follow these rules. I do, too. We all do. By implying that you're above the rules just because you perceived someone else breaking them - which is not true - is wrong, and is an abuse of not just your power but also your players. As a judge for games just like these, I expect more out of you, as you should of yourself.

He wasn't in the cockpit, he was in the middle of the plane running away from the cockpit. Explosions can throw people. It was an explosion and he caught the end of it. Furthermore I think since it was me doing this to my character I should have the say about how burned he got, and how much blood he has left in him.

Plane crashes and shock waves cannot throw people the way you think they can; the pressure may rip them apart and scatter them in different directions, but to be thrown bodily in one piece and hit the ground normally is a scientific fallacy.

Also this is a comic RP. I'm tired of all this adhering to physics.

You just haaad to crack open this can of worms.
This is not a comic universe. This is an RPG based off a comic universe. We do not follow the rules of comics because they are of two different mediums, and in RPGs there must always be some form of real-world physics basis just to ensure that things do not rapidly and totally fall apart. There are lots of things I'm willing to forgo because this is an RPG based off a comic universe, and that should always be taken into account. I draw the line here, at a totally implausible survival made possible by deliberately bending every law of physics, burn trauma, and limitation of the human body in the book, with the assistance of a character upgrade that was too overpowered to make from the beginning.

I need staff who are going to work with me not fight me at every turn.

The fights you are perceiving are in your own mind. We're contesting John's survival when everyone - including several students, qualified students, researching higher level sciences as a career - is straight up saying it's not possible. That's all. We're not deliberately trying to sabotage your game when we were amongst the first to join it and help it become what it is.

If you are going to continue to try to battle me at every turn so you can have your way I'll find new staff.

I can promise you that if you attempt this it will backfire. You need us more than we need you.
-Tyler
Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Flex, I am going to be more blunt with you than I ever have been in my life.

I would like to see you try to replace me as staff. Because the simple fact is, Tyler and I dragged this game back from the brink once already. The brink that this kind of behavior pushed it to in the first place. I'm not quite sure you remember how many players we brought back by assuring them that the type of mismanagement that led to their departure would not happen again.

Now, on to the main topic at hand.

You're right. It does depend on the writer what Wolverine can solve. But unlike in the comics, this is a game. And there must be fair play for everyone. These are the exact reasons why your suggestions for a Phoenix based plot were denied so many times; it would have placed far too much power in the hands of a single member's PC. These are the same reasons that I fought to limit the healing factor all over again.And in fact, it was ruled that the only truly effective way to kill the user of a healing factor is by taking away too much blood. And as described by Ilya above, such an explosion would, in fact, have deprived him of significant blood. And this is after you refused to make a player follow the original ruling, that a healing factor user could only be killed by a shot to the brain.

Next, I am going to point something very important out; John would have had to have been in the cockpit to keep the plane on course. By the time that it didn't matter, he would not have had the time to escape. And truly, it would not matter if he did. There is a reason why plane crashed kill almost everyone on board, and not just the people up front. So, to be blunt, John literally could not have survived. See Ilya's post for the fully detailed explanation.

John has been overpowered from day one. If I had my way, healing factors would have been banned. End of discussion. I had this same argument with you back before I was staff, and you ignored the ramifications of what I am saying. Well now, you ate demonstrating exactly why I have hated them since day one. They allow for almost instant recovery from almost every wound, despite the fact that their very name indicates one thing; they are only faster healing. You cannot use them to survive anything that you would not be able to survive without them. Wolverine does, because his skeleton keeps the things that hit him from being fatal. And then, to top it off, you gave John an adamantium skeleton. I would never in a million years allow that if I had had authority at the time. And even now, I will contest it with every fiber of my being, because it is too much power in one PC.

To say that you are modding and that your character is overpowered is the understatement of the century. And, need I remind you, that Marvel is a universe based on science. They obey the laws of physics rather closely for a comic book genre, and in this game, the laws of physics are in full effect, unless stated otherwise. This is to ensure fair play, and to make sure that no one, even the GM, can pull the same thing that you are trying to pull right now.

By every law of physics, biology, fair play, and this game's own internal logic, John is dead. I will debate this with you until the end of time if I must. You have a player, two staff members (One of whom is a Judge), and every person I have spoken with on the subject telling you that he should be dead. You simply won't listen, just like you would never listen when you were staff the first time around. Well, news flash. There are two staff members here who have no problem telling you when you've stepped out of line, and I agree thoroughly with every word that Tyler just said.

Oh, and you don't need to end the fight quickly. It was actually the beginning of a still perfectly salvageable, even still serviceable, plot that I had started. A plot I was going to continue once my finals ended, until you decided to step in.You know. Stuff that you'd have known if you actually bothered to ask the old GM and Co-GM what was going on before you took action. You know. If you'd done the respectful thing.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Right. Flex, when I sent out messages asking them to put you back in command of this game, I was putting my own reputation and credibility on the line for you. You said you’d learned from the past, that you wouldn’t make the same mistakes against. I believed you, perhaps because I wanted to see this RPG thrive again. It has become apparent, from the steady stream of complaints and outrage I’ve been receiving from the players of this RPG, that I made a grave mistake. What I should have done, I see, is contact the staff of the RPG in the first place and try to work out a plan with them.
I’ve heard you plan to fire/replace staff for disagreeing with you, that you didn’t even bother to see what they had planned before wiping it all out. Frankly, you’ve shown me you haven’t changed. Don’t expect me to stick my neck out for you again. For someone who was so outraged about how the staff was “making everything about their characters” you certainly don’t seem any better.
Frankly, I am extremely disappointed in you. It would have been better if I’d let this RPG quietly slip into the void beyond. I shan’t be making that mistake again.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Alright Kray, I'm sorry but your staff position has been removed. I will find a replacement later.

In the end to solve this I will retcon the plane-crash post. There is a such thing as auto-pilot for planes I am correct? Well if he put it on the plane would of flown straight. John used his jet-pack to escape from the plane well before it crashed. There that's the retcon because honestly I thought he should of survived such an ordeal. He won't be doing as crazy of stunts from now on.

Actually Tyler I'm removing your staff position as well.

Edited by Flex Fiction

And thus, they are proved completely and utterly right.

You just made a very large mistake Flex.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

So, removing staff members because they're calling you out, daring to disagree with you...simply so your character can do cool things.

Yeah. This is how an RPG dies folks.

Speaking from my position as friends of both Tyler and Prime, as well as a former player in this RPG, this was a very serious error on your part Flex. I'm not going give you an essay on it, because I don't think you need me to explain to you why a GM canning his staff for speaking out against him is bad.

Know that people higher up are going to be watching the situation. I have no authority on my own, and for good reason, but the Judges as a whole will be monitoring this.

Edited by Judge Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

That's not even it. I'm trying to save this RP and bring it back to what it was. I need staff who will work with me for the plot I have in mind, and I know that they will fight me at every turn with it. I need staff who can be forgiving and not try to force me to kill my own character because I don't know much about physics. Also I think I'm going to be altering the rules slightly. This is a COMIC book based RP. Things should be allowed to slide. Crazy impossible stuff happens all the time in Marvel. That's because its not real. This isn't real. ITS a game. Its for fun. These are Superheroes they should be allowed to do crazy stuff.

We need to worry about our characters interacting not trying to kill them off because they do something cool you don't like.

I'll add my word to that. We will be watching this. Very closely.

Edited by Basilisk

And you, evidently, aren't.

You know what happens to GMs who are hated? People leave their RPGs.

Kinda easy math.

Edited by Basilisk

Alright Kray, I'm sorry but your staff position has been removed. I will find a replacement later.

In the end to solve this I will retcon the plane-crash post. There is a such thing as auto-pilot for planes I am correct? Well if he put it on the plane would of flown straight. John used his jet-pack to escape from the plane well before it crashed. There that's the retcon because honestly I thought he should of survived such an ordeal. He won't be doing as crazy of stunts from now on.

Actually Tyler I'm removing your staff position as well.

I'm fired? Good. That means I can air everything I have ever wanted to say about your performance right here, right now.

This is the height of your foolishness. Allow me to put this in perspective for you; at the end of your last term, you turned over the reins to Tyler and I because everyone was going to leave. They were all sick of your behavior. The railroading, the survival of NPCs when they should not (Quicksilver v. Enforcers), the double standard with regards to powers (Mechs too powerful, but healing factors are fine?), and the personal insults you delivered off of BZP to several members when their own plans for their own groups did not align with what you wanted. And lo and behold, when you turned over the reins, we brought them all back. Every player who ever quit, every player who ever fell out of the loop.We went our entire run without a serious internal conflict, and only one instance where players outright quit. And that instance had more to do with the fact that they had their own upcoming game to deal with than anything else. Tyler and I were the head staff members for the better part of this year, ever since January, in fact. Minimal issues. You have had power for seventy two hours, and you have already had more people leave or be fired than in the entirety of our run. And do you really have enough of a playerbase to risk that?

And that is even before we mention the recent events. Snelly quit the day you came back. You fired Tyler and I the third day. Who do you have left? Advent? Constructman? Kaithas? Are you going to bring back Vengeance, who you already fired once? Do you know what this event has done? Killed your players. Basilisk, Humva, EW. They all used to play. EW was thinking about coming back. Humva and Basilisk might have, but now we'll never know, will we? I doubt that Ilya will stick around if we leave. You remember the last time. You panicked last time, when Tyler, Snelly, Ilya and I quit. That was what prompted you to hand over the reins. You were going to shut it down, except Kaithas intervened.So what are you going to do now? Snelly's already gone. Tyler and I are all but gone, and if we go, Ilya goes. Do you see that deja vu?

We didn't fight you at every turn. You never tried to communicate with us. Since returning to power, you contacted me once, and Tyler not at all. And you only contacted me to discuss my intervention in the actions of one of your PCs. You never made any attempt to ascertain the status of the game you had been gone from for weeks, no attempt to find out what we had planned, no attempts even to say "Hey, I'm back, how are you?"You say that you're what this RPG needs, but everyone is telling you that you're not, judges included. In fact, you yourself said that you are not what this game needs. To remind you of what you yourself said, exactly six months ago to the date, allow me to quote what you said when you handed over the reins.

OOC: In the light of recent events it has come to my attention that I may not be the best suited person to be the GM of this RP. Which is why Tyler is the new head GM and Kray is the co. I will be stepping down to a normal staff member, they are promising a new stronger plot, less OP characters and many other great things. Don't worry this RP will endure.

This is a direct quotation, If anyone doubts it, they may feel free to find the post themselves and read it, assuming Flex does not edit it the instant he reads this post. You yourself, Flex, said that you weren't the best suited to running this game. And now you spout cliched Batman lines about how you're what the game needs, whether you're hated or not? Come off your high horse, and walk with the rest of us. Maybe it'll bring you back down to Earth.

Flex, the fact is, I would have been willing to work with you, if you had tried to work with us. Tyler and I brought this game back from the brink once, we're pretty familiar with what it takes. Especially seeing as both of us have helped staff numerous RPGs. We're well versed in what it takes to keep one going, and that is evident in the fact that this game's greatest period of prosperity occurred while we were running it fair and square. Minimal arguments, lots of players, and everybody had a good time. The game lost some activity when the BZPRPG started again, and when people were wrapping up their school years, but that wasn't irreparable.

Flex, I'm going to leave you with one last comment; A GMs power comes only from the respect and support of his players. If his players refuse to acknowledge him, he is nothing. If he abuses that power, they will turn on him.

I am still here. I am still a player, staff or not. And I care about this game, clearly a lot more than you do, if you fired the two people that brought it back once before. And I will do what I have always done, even before I became staff. I will fight against every injustice, every double standard, every misuse of authority for as long as I am here. If you want to silence me, you'll have to ban me, and that would do damage to you that you will not recover from.A GMs power is only as great as the respect he commands.And for that matter, I second CM's question. Do you even have a plan? Or did you just want to put an end to a perfectly serviceable plot by doing something cool with one of your characters, and think on the fly to come up with some new plot?Oh, and for those keeping track at home; that's one member that refused a staff position. Who's left?

Tyler Durden, The Snark Knight: 1/13/2013-6/13/2013The heroes this game deserves, but not the one they will be allowed right now.

Never forget.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

Keller, I have to say, I am truly, deeply disappointed in you. While, yes, you did manage to make a game that was rather well liked and helped to draw quite a bit of activity to this forum, of the multitudes of actions you have commited in relation to this RPG, that was the only one that was in any sense good.

First, in terms of the game, you have done little to advance any plot, gain new members, or make the game more fun for anybody. Instead, you earlier had completely steamrolled over any plots created in this game, by the simple logic of "I'm GM, I say what happens," something I've noticed multiple times. As well, you would completely railroad nearly every plot you made, not giving any players the chance to alter the plot in any appreciable way. Last on this score, you have, in fact, done nothing so far as I can see to make the game more enjoyable for anybody except yourself. You have often shown favoritism towards yourself in terms of what your characters could do, what "upgrades" they got, and, generally, always placing them in the spotlight. It's seemed, over time, that this RPG has gone from being about the players towards being here to feed your ego.Second, in terms of your staffing and the like: My comments about your attitudes towards plots and characters remains. However, you have proven yourself, time and again, lacking in the basic necessities needed for staffing an RPG, such as politeness, communication, cooperation, the ability to recognize when you are wrong, and, as just evidenced, your petulantly childish manner when called out on something you've done that was wrong, towards, again, as just evidenced, shifting the blame to another. I have seen nothing from you now or previous when somebody has called you out on something other than a comedic Joe Pesci-style "no you're dumb" or your recent "He did it too, why are you mad at me?!" Truly, you need to learn how to properly staff an RPG, showing respect to your fellow staff members and players, as well as communicating with them, learning to compromise, and most important (and seemingly most ignored), admitting when you're wrong.Third, your recent actions: You have done little, now, but prove to me your incompetence towards properly interacting with anybody, in or out of character. Not only have you been vehemently arguing with the two people who managed to bring your game back from the point of death, you lied to a judge in terms of your seemingly having "changed for the better" so that you could re-take your former power, now you have decided to fire them for trying to keep the game stable, you are alienating players new and old alike, and you continue to say that you have done nothing wrong. You show blatant disregard for every tenet of logic and physics that has ever been codified, you would rather everything go exactly how you want it than be at all flexible in terms of wha is going on, and your mountainous ego continues to show itself in your blatant disrespect for every last person who has been wanting to keep a game like this on its feet.

Truly, you've changed, and for the worse. You're more vocal about how you never want anything to go against you, you're quicker to dismantle a plot that you didn't create or don't like, and you're much more open about your blatant, unrepentant ignorance towards and aversion from anything that could help this game.

Yes, I am, most definitely, disappointed in you. I'd hoped, myself, that I was wrong, that you had gotten better; for a short time, it appeared that I would be proven wrong. Yet you have let your temper and ego get the better of you again, and have shown nothing other than the fact that your are unfit to run an RPG, let alone unfit as somebody to write with. So, I must say, I'm leaving you to watch things fall apart around you - and I get the odd feeling that, after this debacle you've started, it doesn't matter who you go crawling towards: Nobody's going to help you pull this back together.

You've done a great job today, kid.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Hi, I'm here with my own micro-essay!

I'm not going talk about the game, because the game isn't what we're talking about here. We're talking about you Flex. I speak as a game master and role player who has been with the COT RPGs for five or six years now. Now, I've staffed my fair share of flops, but I like to think that I've learned something through my experiences all the same. What have I learned? I've learned that as a GM, you must be willing to listen to your players and, equally important, your staff.

You know what I staffed back in the day? The Outbreak RPGs. Glorious days those were, really nostalgic. It was a superhero RPG that was pretty cool. People loved it. You know what ended it? Me. Me and me being an ***. You know what I did? I fought with my players. I fought with my staff. It ultimately ended in Outbreak's destruction with Outbreak: Resurrection, where the staff literally rallied to the common cause that I was a terrible GM and that they weren't going to put up with my bull**** anymore. My staff left me, my fans left me. I didn't make another good RPG until Strith Karla. I washed up, doing the exact same thing you're doing here.

The X-Men RPG is the crowning achievement of post-forum upgrade COT RPGs. This RPG is proof that the COT and, now, OTC, can have amazing things happen. Through your actions you have set this RPG on a downward spiral, one it may not recover from. You were put back into power by my good friend and comrade Basilisk, with the hope that you could solve the activity slump. You immediately invoked the Rule of Cool and annoyed everyone. You were given your power on June the 10th. Today is June the 13rd. Three days man.

I had hopes for this RPG; I have hopes for this RPG. I may not agree with everything that goes on here, but I know people honestly do enjoy this. I don't want to see others' enjoyment go away. But the road you turned this bus onto is headed straight off the cliff and into the river. Turn around, find a new driver, I don't care what you do. Just don't ruin this RPG for everyone still playing.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I totally would have killed Quicksilver back in the day.

My silicon mechs are superior.

Anyway, what are we talking about again?

I know that I may be overstepping my bounds in terms of player seniority, but humor is not recommended for this scenario.

I personally, don't really have much to say, not because of sheer shock but because I feel that the more senior RPers here can take care of this themselves. While I think I know which side I stand on, I've always been a below-average judge of character; and I feel that if I get too involved, I might just make things worse. I hereby announce my neutrality to the issue.