Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Well right now flaredrick and i have agreed to a match and i am working on a strategy right now for it but yeah we can talk about it via pm

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Exo, I'd like to apply for the Emergency Funding, with Kiina as my fighter.

Strategy against Pahrak Va;

Kiina will use her Lightning Shield to disrupt the Va's first energy bolt, causing an explosion as the two meet halfway. While sending a wave of water across the ground, Kiina will dodge to the left* while blinding the Va with the Heat Spine. Moving the water under the Va's feet and lifting slightly, Kiina will cause the Va to rotate at the centre of a miniature whirlpool to disorientate him. Once the confused Va touches down, the combination of being blind, spinning and his sight returning will cost him precious seconds as Kiina gets up and personal with a separated Aquatic Slicer to disarm and deal a few close-combat swings before hooking one end to the Va and hammer-tossing him away before sending a concentrated blast of water at him to send him further away before enclosing him in a 'bubble' of water and shooting a continuous stream of Lightning from the Shield until the match is over.

*Yeah, I flipped a coin to judge direction.

Wait wait what tournament

[Takanuva is in.]

Also, I had a match set up with ToaKapura. I'll be editing this post with my strategy posthaste; just can't get to the file I saved right now.

EDIT: But in the meantime, I agreed to a match with Pridak. That strategy'll probably be going up first.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Meta and I have agreed to the following battle:

Takanuva vs. Helryx Nuva in the Atero Stadium!

Strategy:

Helryx immediately attacks from afar, throwing Axxon's axe, energized, in Takanuva's direction. By the time he has recovered, she's coming at him with the Staff of Poison, which does continuous damage throughout the battle. Using her shield, she blocks weapon-based attacks, and with orbs of water, she attempts to blot out light attacks if they are attempting to blind her. Continuing to use her axe's returning abilities, she cancels out his Kadin as an advantage by throwing at him while he's in flight.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ok First off Flaredrick and i have agreed to a match between Von Nebula and Tahu at the Default arena I will sponsor for 2000 and he agreed to 1000

Skadki spine and Midak skyblaster

Ok. I will start this off by using the gravity powers to slam tahu into the ground. After that VN will move away from tahu and begin attacking him with Impact blasts and Midak blasts. He will continue this strategy. Once his element recharges he will use the jinisuma to fire gravity bolts at tahu along with impact blasts and midak blasts. He will continue this strategy the rest of the time

The second match is Helryx nuva against Von nebula We both agreed to 2000 widgets and at the Default arena as well

Will be bringing in Skakdi spine (impact) and Axonn's axe
To start off Von nebula will decrease his own gravity just enough to allow him to move a bit quicker. From There Von nebula will hold Axonn's axe in one hand, The jinisuma in the other and will do a triple strike consisting of gravity blasts from the jinisuma, Energy bolts from Axonn's axe and impact blasts the skakdi spine. This should disorient helryx enough for him to coat the axe in energy and throw it at her while it returns to him. From there von will decrease the gravity of helryx just enough to cause her to move a bit slower. He will keep up this strategy of far distance triple combo attacks and the occasional axe throw.
He will also call upon his control of gravity to slam helryx into ground temporarily. While she is distracted he will run up to her using the decreased gravity from earlier to move quicker and will deliver a combo close range attack of Impact blasts, Energy bolts from the axe and gravity bolts from the Jinisuma. He will do this then retreat again. After that attack he will go back to his original strategy of three combo attacks and energy coated axe throws.

Edited by The Icy Wonder: Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Strategy for Takanuva vs. Helryx:

General:

Immedately blind Helryx and go all-in, using a combination of Light-enhanced speed and the Kanohi Kadin to leap in without giving her any sounds to track - and avoid any initial attack as well. One well-aimed strike should end the match, but if that's not enough... well, that's what failsafes are for.

Backup:

If Helryx somehow manages to avoid the initial attack/combo through whatever means, immediately snatch her Staff of Poison while she's distracted. If necessary, a solid light pincer can be used to snag it. Once that's done, strike her with her own staff and get out, stalling for time - Takanuva's significantly higher Agility, plus a Mind-based boost from his Light powers, should definitely get him out of melee range while Helryx is still blinking spots from her eyes. From that point on, harry her with Light blasts from the Power Lance as she's steadily worn down, weaving across ground, air, and walls using natural agility, Light-enhanced speed and the Kadin - and it should definitely take Helryx a moment to switch to a ranged weapon, seeing how heavy Axonn's axe is.

Counters:

-if Helryx prevents her staff from being snatched, immediately attempt to trip her up with a solid Light construct and go for the kill, taking advantage of the longer range afforded by dual spears. She only has two hands, so she'll have to take a moment if she tries to switch weapons at all - a moment that can be used for a kill.

-If Helryx uses her mace and shield, then using the Kohlii Staff of Light like a halberd alongside using either the stolen Staff of Poison or Power Lance as a traditional spear should keep her at a slight distance. Takanuva's big advantage in Agility and slight advantage in Toughness - on top of the fact that a killing stroke's speed can be augmented with Light - should allow him to easily win in close combat, where Nuva-level water powers can't do much good.

-If Helryx gets Takanuva at range as part of his backup, then any Water blasts can easily be evaporated by laser beams as Poison wears away at her.

...Alright, that should be good enough this time.

EDIT: Takanuva is contributing 1,000 Widgets.

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Confirming match with The Icy Wonder: Vox

I am completely Over powered by Von Nebula's Agility, Mind, and Toughness. But what counts is strength. I over power him in that category, so going in wouldn't be so hard. That is if he get's me.First Tahu will super heat the arena to the boiling point if water. Once that is made, generate enough heat under himself to rocket into air. Once he is in the air, he will fire precision bolts of fire at Nebula. Then once on the ground, he'll generate heat under Nebula while moving away from if he attacks. Then cause a pillar of fire to erupt under him. Then he will launch the Hero Cuffs when he falls to the ground.Then he will fire 10 thornax's repeatedly in fast progression so as he can quickly dash at him and activate his Magma Swords. So he can repeatedly slash him quick then go over him and hit him in back of the head. Then he will run around Nebula from a long distance, so as to shoot him with fire balls of three, and erupt pillars of fire from the ground. Then for the hay maker, Tahu will call down a shower of fire to come on down on Nebula's position.If Nebula uses some gravity attack, Tahu will counter by precisely aiming at him, and shoot him with a thornax to the head.If he attack's with his Jinisuma, he will parry with his Swords, then when there's an opening, he'll launch a fire ball quickly in that area.If he uses to Skakdi spine of Impact, he'll side jump out of the way and while in mid-air fire a thorax to his head. He'll continue to jump over the beams until he get's hit. (This includes the thornax shots)If he attacks with the Axe of Axxonn, Tahu will (A.jump out of the way and fire more thoranx to his head. or (B. jump over the blast and fire more thornax to his head.If he attacks with the Skyblaster, dodge every attack. And if one comes at him, block with Swords and close eyes while doing so. Then re-open to see what happens. If he charges at him, then Tahu will duck and penetrate his armor with the swords.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Alright, so ToaKapura agreed to pit Matoro against Takanuva. The match is taking place in Mangaia, and each of us is contributing 1000 Widgets.

Overall StrategyTakanuva's general strategy for this fight will be indirect. By hiding behind pillars and using Light-granted speed (plus Kadin-assisted leaps) to dart between and over them, he will attempt to force Matoro to smash a pillar or two - or even smash one himself using Light powers if his opponent plays too defensive. Once a Rahkshi is free, he will attempt to force his opponent near it on the ground by peppering him with Light bolts from a safe distance, making use of his Power Lance and Kadin.Specific counters:

Should Matoro attempt to close the distance between himself and Takanuva, and start to succeed despite the latter's evasive maneuvers, Takanuva will drive him back using his Staff of Light and Power Lance, taking advantage of their superior length and range as well as the lance's power-magnifying effect.If Takanuva's foe still gets in too close for comfort, he will attempt to block and counter any physical strikes before bending light around himself to become invisible (much easier in such a dark environment) and darting out of the way with his Kadin and/or Light-boosted speed. If he's in the air instead, a simple grab and throw should force Matoro down to the Rahkshi who hopefully waits below - or at least get him out of range. As such, the specific counter will take the form of just such a throw if Takanuva gets within striking range in the air. Should Matoro use a non-physical attack at close range, the counter will use a solid light projection instead of a hand-to-hand technique or staff block.If Matoro attempts to use ranged Ice attacks, staff swings should suffice to deal with them. If those seem to be failing, they can be melted with lasers or, as a last resort, blocked with a solid Light projection.If Matoro brings in an Exo-Toa suit, then Takanuva will follow much the same strategy - it should be even easier, as such a heavy suit would hinder Matoro's mobility. If for some reason he cannot dodge an Electro-Rocket, he will form a shield of solid light, block the rocket, and keep the shield attached to his arm for the remainder of the fight to block or deflect future rockets.Since the Seismic Spear is Earth-based, it should not affect a flying Takanuva much, if at all. As such, a Kadin-assisted leap (or outright flight if necessary) should avoid the Seismic Spear's attack and possibly cause it to hit a column instead.If Matoro tries to use the Komau, a blinding Light blast should distract him long enough to blast the mask with a laser and damage or destroy it.

Elaboration on new techniques:

"Kadin-assisted leap" refers to a jump aided by a short burst of flight. This allows the jump to be very fast and long-distance without straining the user's concentration even if their Mind stat is extremely low.The type of invisibility seen above is created by bending light around the user. In exchange for being essentially perfect invisibility, it might have some other cost, such as blurring the user's vision or outright blinding them because light doesn't hit their eyes. However, using it in short bursts when out of cover helps to negate this disadvantage somewhat.

EDIT: Aaaaaand we have another match, once again in Atero Arena! It's Lesovikk, sponsored by Falcon Lord, versus Takanuva, sponsored by yours truly!

Overall Strategy:Despite his natural agility advantage, Lesovikk can potentially match Takanuva in speed. By combining an Air boost with his Kanohi Kakama, he could exceed Kakama-speed and catch up to Takanuva. However, with his naturally high Agility and Kanohi Kadin, Takanuva is much more maneuverable. Even though Lesovikk is a Toa of Air, his gliding-style flight is much harder to control than a dedicated Kanohi, and drains energy more quickly - not to mention that he can't use his Kakama in the air. As such, Takanuva's strategy is simple: immediately take to the air, weaving with his Kadin to avoid all blasts and attempts to magnetize him. Peppering his opponent with Light blasts from his lance and spear should then suffice to wear him down and end the match, especially if he gives chase and exhausts his Elemental Energy. If at all possible, Takanuva will take any advantage to destroy one of Lesovikk's weapons or throw him off-balance.Counters:

-Any attempts to magnetize Takanuva and attract shards of metal to him, or just to bring him to the ground, should be evaded at all costs. The arena floor is littered with dozens of metal shards that could rip him to pieces if even a few magnetic blasts hit him, and if it looks as though a magnetic blast is about to hit him, he can quickly blind them and speed off in any direction, still peppering Lesovikk with Power Lance blasts.-If Takanuva is magnetized despite his precautions, he can resist any attempts to bring him down by blinding his opponent, distracting him and so eliminating his magnetic field. If shards of metal begin flying his way, he will catch those with a floating shield of solid light before reattaching it to his arm for future use, flinging the metal shards at his opponent as a distraction in the process.-If Lesovikk attempts to throw his sword and get it back through any means (magnetic or air currents), Takanuva will avoid dodging if possible, instead snatching the sword with either a solid light construct or (if he has already used his construct) snatching the sword in his Staff of Light hand before sheathing the sword on his back, still firing with his Power Lance and weaving with his Kadin.

Edited by Meta-Mind

hey pahrak out of curiosity is it too late to switch who i enter in the tournament? also how many stat points exactly is von nebula away from entering the next Class?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

You may switch who you want to enter into the tournament, yes. Von Nebula's current stat total is 83, which is the upper limit of Class C. One more trainer will push him into Class D.

I have a question for Toa sponsors--originally, my plan was to make more Kanohi available in Nuva as more Toa upgraded to Nuva. However, I’m now wondering: if I made more Kanohi available in Nuva, would more Toa upgrade to Nuva?

Also, something for Hordika sponsors and sponsors considering using Hordika Venom. I thought that maybe I should adjust the restrictions placed on mind training. I still want there to be a definite drawback, but perhaps rather than simply banning the Hordika from mind training, they merely have to pay double? (So 1 mind point would cost 6,000 W.)

In addition, I’m thinking I’ll just remove the Inika Charge from the upgrade list—after further review I’ve realized that the Staff of Electricity is just plain better, so why waste the space?

Hm...well, Gali's entire stat set is designed around abusing the Suletu as a metagame counter (most fighters above Class B are high-minded gunslingers/wizards), so there's little reason for me to want to raise her mind stat.

I guess I might consider upgrading her if the Suletu and Kadin were available in Nuva, but it's not really that high on my list of priorities.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Strategy for Helryx Nuva vs. Von Nebula.

Of course, taking Axxon's Axe and Staff of Poison into battle.

General: Von Nebula outclasses Helryx in every way but strength- so she needs to stay far away from him and weigh him down. A waterfall is constantly pouring down on him, taking advantage of his weak muscles and quickly making it hard for him to lift his arms. If he tries to move to quickly, he will slip and fall. While's he's stuck like this, Helryx throws her Staff of Poison like a javelin, which will subtract from health throughout the rest of the battle. With Nuva-power water blasts, he should be down and out in a few hits.

Weapon specific: If he takes his impact Skakdi Spine, Helryx will simply blur his vision with water so that he can't get a good hit in. If he uses Axxon's axe, she will counter it with her own, canceling it out. If he uses his Midak Skyblaster, she will waterlog the systems with her waterfall, making it difficult to fire a clean shot.

Finisher: His weapons and potential strategy taken care of, firing large, high-speed water blasts directly at the cranium promises to give Helryx a quick KO.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

The way I see it, the Staff of Electricity: 1) comes with a melee weapon, 2) is permanent, 3) allows a full range of Lightning powers rather than just charging your pre-existing Element, and 4) can be shared among your fighters. 10,000 W is a small hike in price for these benefits, and nobody's shown any interest in the Inika Charge anyway.

I think that, rather than being temporary, the Inika Charge should cancel out Nuva upgrades. May not make a whole lot of sense, but it makes the Charge more appealing because it's permanent.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

I was already planning on upgrading Takanuva to Nuva eventually (mostly because "Toa Takanuva Nuva, Toa Nuva of Light" is the best name ever :P), but the price just isn't worth it at this low a tier. Maybe after I advance a class or two.Although I must say, it's pretty tempting to combine a Kakama Nuva with Light's speed boost and basically Flash Step everywhere, muahahahah.On the Inika Charge: I've actually been considering getting it, if only because we've never seen a Toa Inika of Light so I could make up whatever I want. Electrified solid light projections, electrified armor and weapons while using super-speed... but eh. If not for the fact that it takes up a weapon slot, I'd definitely choose the Staff of Lightning every time.

Edited by Meta-Mind

Meta, I don't think it's Flash Step if you combine a Kakama Nuva with Light speed boost - that becomes Sonido.

Way I see it? You can;

a) Drop Inika Charge and keep the Staff of Electricity, or

b) Half the price of Inika Charge, make it permanent and drop the Staff of Electricity.

Hordika Mind rules I can understand, and will support.

I'm not too late, am I? I would like to enter Pridak into the tournament, and give him +3 in Agility and Mind.

Vox, just post your strategy for our tournament match. It's free money. I don't have time to post my strategy, but will in the morning.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Delayed champion match against Canis's pridak

Will be bringing in Skakdi spine (impact) and Axonn's axeTo start off Von nebula will decrease his own gravity just enough to allow him to move a bit quicker. From There Von nebula will hold Axonn's axe in one hand, The jinisuma in the other and will do a triple strike consisting of gravity blasts from the jinisuma, Energy bolts from Axonn's axe and impact blasts the skakdi spine. This should disorient pridak enough for him to coat the axe in energy and throw it at him while it returns to him. From there von will decrease the gravity of pridak just enough to cause him to move a bit slower. He will keep up this strategy of far distance triple combo attacks and the occasional axe throw.He will also call upon his control of gravity to slam pridak into ground temporarily. While he is distracted he will run up to him using the decreased gravity from earlier to move quicker and will deliver a combo close range attack of Impact blasts, Energy bolts from the axe and gravity bolts from the Jinisuma. He will do this then retreat again. After that attack he will go back to his original strategy of three combo attacks and energy coated axe throws.

Also out of curiousity how many stats till kopaka is in what ever the next class is?

Also pahrak i will admit that i think you should keep the hordika thing as it is. I mean i will be honest i only say this because well it gives encouragement for folks to raise the mind stat. Afterall that is what i am doing for kopaka. I intend on getting him a hordika venom after this tournament and i have slowly been raising him up to get a high mind stat.

Also on the kanohi nuva thing i must say i think you should upgrade certain kanohi like the Kadin for there is no way currently for toa who are nuva to fly since they can not use the kadin currently.

Edited by The Icy Wonder: Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Also on the kanohi nuva thing i must say i think you should upgrade certain kanohi like the Kadin for there is no way currently for toa who are nuva to fly since they can not use the kadin currently.

...Wha? No, Nuva can still use regular Kanohi. Edited by Meta-Mind

A couple of strategies follow. All are for Pridak.

Meta- In this game, they can't.

Vs. Von Nebula: Tournament Champion Match.

I am using my Staff of Silence in the match. Vox, you will probably want to edit your strategy.

Pridak will bring his Staff of Sonics and his Staff of Silence to the battle

The first thing Pridak does in the match will to use his Staff of Silence on Von Nebula to cancel out his opponents high mind stat. Von Nebula will be left with an incredibly bad strength stat in the battle, and as such, will be very weak when attacking. Pridak will then start to blast his opponent with sound waves, pushing him back and hurting him, and if VN gets close, Pridak will adjust his gravity so that his opponent goes flying. VN will bring into the match ranged weapons, so Pridak will hold up the blades of his Blaster-Swords as shields.

If it is against the rules to bring in my Staff of Silence, let me know and I will edit the strategy.

Vs. Takanuva: 1,000 W each, Stalactite Village is the arena.

Pridak will bring in his Staff of Sonics and his Mask of Emulation into battle

As soon as the battle starts, Pridak will use his Mask of Emulation to copy Takanuva's powers of Light. With his new powers of Light, Pridak will create a shield with blades around the edges from a solid light hologram. Then, he will hold the Plasma Shooter in his other hand. Most likely, Takanuva will fly into the air and start to shoot lasers at Pridak with the Power Lance, and the power of the lasers will be increased. Pridak will hold up his shield to try and block the lasers. Then, he will create many illusionary duplicates of himself, and then will have himself and the duplicates run around, confusing Takanuva as to who is the real one. Pridak will then blast Takanuva with sound waves, to push the Toa over the edge of the stalactite. Once the Toa is over the edge, Pridak will increase his gravity suddenly to send the Toa falling into the swamp.

Vs. Helyrx: 1,000 W each, BZP Forums as an arena.

Pridak will use his Staff of Molecular Disruption and his Nynrah Ghost Blaster in the battle

The first thing Pridak will do in the battle is to destroy Helyrx's Axonn's Axe. As Helyrx only has two items, it is easy to tell which she will use. Then, Pridak will blast Helyrx with his Nynrah Ghost Blaster, and will run away to the Games and Trivia forum. Once he is there, he will wait for Helyrx to arrive. When she does, he will open up lots of topics, and then will blast her until she is paralyzed. He will then jump into the Technic Coliseum topic, and use one of the links to Pahrak's blog to escape. Hapori Tohu will arrive to Games and Trivia, think Helyrx opened up all the topics, and attack her.

For the 2v2 match, now that Pridak is Class B, I guess he won't be able to participate. Sorry guys.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Well, that's... odd.Quick question before I post my strategy: Pridak's species can use Kanohi in this game, correct?EDIT: Stupid question, never mind. Canis's only other character is Millenium, and he has shared Kanohi in his inventory. I'll post my strategy shortly.

Edited by Meta-Mind

The inability of Nuva to use normal Kanohi was done to balance them out. They have to buy new Kanohi when the upgrade.

I figured as much.

The Kanohi aren't shared- they're only in Pridak's inventory.

The point stands that he had Kanohi in his items list. :P

Yes, Skakdi and Barraki can use Kanohi, but Toa Nuva must purchase new Kanohi Nuva. On a related note, it has occurred to me that I should impose a similar restriction on Barraki and Skakdi who get the Antidermis Infusion (Infected Barraki/Skakdi, maybe?). I think I will make more Kanohi available in Nuva, and all of these Kanohi will also be available for Infected Barraki/Skakdi. I'll also make the other edits I mentioned previously.

As for Von Nebula vs Pridak, I'll give Vox a chance to edit his strategy.

Wait, Infected Barraki will need Nuva masks? In that case, I'm going to wait until more Nuva are available to buy the upgrade. Only one of the four masks I use is currently available in Nuva, and I like to use the other ones more.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I would think it'd be more fair that way, to balance them out with the Toa Nuva. Although, in order to use the Antidermis Infusion's ability, you'll need to buy at least one Rahkshi Staff anyway, so I guess you already need to spend extra money to make the most of the upgrade. I'm not sure--what do you guys think?