Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Canis and I have agreed to a match: Gali vs. Millenium on Tansari VI, 1,000W each. Strategy:

Items: Suletu and Golden Armor Overview: The Suletu will make the mind stats of both fighters 22, while the Golden Armor will keep Millenium from negating the Suletu or using weather or sound-based attacks. Millenium has slight advantages in strength and agility, but Gali ultimately has the defensive advantage due to her toughness. She will compound this defensive edge by taking advantage of the environment. General: Gali will open with a volley of water bullets, then thicken the fog and fall back while Millenium is distracted. This will allow Gali to pinpoint Millenium's position, helping her predict the Slizer's movements and better evade his attacks. Gali will generate four large spheres of water and have them zero in on Millenium's position. When the spheres get close, Gali will have them extend water whips to drag Millenium inside. Once Millenium is trapped, Gali will have the sphere fly up into the air (the altitude will make it a target for lightning strikes) then slam Millenium back into the ground. Another sphere will pick him up and repeat the process, until Millenium is fairly weakened. Gali will have the last sphere hold Millenium in place and increase the pressure until the Slizer passes out. Counters:Light radar - The thick fog will make the area very dark, making this strategy less reliable than usual.Heat vision/plasma shooter - Cancel out with jets of water.Lasers/light projectiles - Block with water constructs shaped to disperse or deflect the light.Vahki staff/Zamor sphere/Nyanrah - Dispense with the water barriers and dodge, as Gali can't risk being paralyzed or having her stats lowered.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

hey pahrak can i get a list of who the current tournaments champions are?

Oh and also i would like to purchase the Kadin Nuva if that is acceptable.

Edited by The Icy Wonder: Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I've got two matches:

Pridak vs. Tahu in Mangai, 1,000 W for me, 1,600 for him.

Pridak will bring in his Staff of Molecular Disruption and his Kadin into battle. He will infuse himself with the power of his Staff of Silence.

Pridak will start off the battle by using his Staff of Molecular Disruption on one of Tahu's items. If Tahu uses his Hero Cuffs, Pridak will destroy them. If he doesn't, Pridak will destroy the Acid Shield he uses. Once Pridak has done that, he will fly towards the vat of Energized Protodermis in the center of the arena. Pridak will float above the pit. The Energized Proto will be glowing with energy, so any shadow attacks Tahu tries to use will be visible, and Pridak will be able to respond them. When Tahu comes toward Pridak, the Barraki will float up into the air and then change the gravity of Tahu so the Toa is flung into the pit of EP, while making a shrieking noise to destroy Tahu's concentration. If Tahu isn't thrown in, Pridak will fly to his back and then blast him with sound waves to push the Toa into the EP.

Counters:

Acid Shield: Pridak will blast sound waves at the acid, dispersing it.

Thornaxes: Pridak will throw sound waves at the Thornaxes, pushing them back.

Shadow Bolts: Pridak will blast sound at the shadows, disrupting them.

Rahkshi: Pridak will adjust the gravity of The Rahkshi's weapons so they fly towards Tahu. The Rahkshi will see Tahu as an opponent and attack him.

Mil vs. Gali

Mil will bring his Staff of Sonics and his Staff of Molecular Disruption into battle. He will enhance his Strength

As I can't tell which items Gali will use, here is my priority for items to disrupt:

-Golden Armor (My strategy deals in large part with Rahkshi Staves. I'm bringing two into battle.)

-Staff of Plasma (A second item will be bad.)

-Suletu (Mil's mind is high, and Gali's is low.)

-Subzero Spear

-Gravity Shield

-Staff of Illusion

-Staff of Density Control

-Kadin

The absolute first thing Mil will do in battle will be destroy the first item on the priority list that Gali will use. If Gali has the Golden Armor, he must do this before she uses the armor on his Staves. Then, Mil will create a giant suit of armor that has somewhat big feet as his solid light hologram. Then, Mil will start creating sonar with his Staff of Sonics so he can tell where people are in the fog that surrounds the arena. When Gali comes close, he will turn on her location and then start blasting it with sound waves and lasers. Then, he will use his Light powers for active camoflage. He will then use his Light powers to speed into the fog, and try to lead Gali into a some lightning. If Gali gets to close or is hitting him too bad, Mil will create a loud shrieking noise to throw Gali of her feet and break her concentration.

Counters:

Water blasts: The big feet on Mil's armor will help him not get knocked off his feet and his armor will absorb any other blasts

Plasma: Mil will speed out of the way of plasma

Gravity: If Gali uses Gravity for an attack, Mil will start firing lasers until she lets his go

Staff of Illusion: If the object isn't on the radar, Mil will ignore it

Staff of Density Control: Just let the attack go and hit with another one

Kadin: Mil will fire at Gali's mask

Subzero Spear: Mil will absorb the attack with his armor

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Vox: Champions for Tournament 5 are Takanuva, Furno, Breez, Flare, and Kopaka. The Kadin Nuva has been added to Kopaka’s inventory. You currently have 34,430 W.

Gali vs Millennia: The Golden Armor prevents usage of the Staff of Molecular Disruption, so the staff cannot be used to destroy it. Millennia will be without staffs for this match. Gali takes great advantage of her surroundings, so I think she’s more likely to come out on top. Gali wins 5,000 W.

Oh crud pahrak i just realized i meant to use my free tournament item for the kadin. Sorry about that. I should have been more specific and worded that better

Edited by The Icy Wonder: Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wraith and I have agreed to a match between Malum Hordika and Kiina; we’ll each contribute 1000 W for promotion purposes, and the battle is to take place in the Tanker Station 22 arena.

Malum will use his Flame Claws and Training Weights. As usual, he will superheat his Claws as soon as is physically convenient, giving him a distinct edge in damage capability.As soon as the match begins, Malum will fall back into a strong defensive stance in anticipation of a strong Mind-based attack by his opponent. If the attack is forthcoming, and takes the form of a jet of water or similar, he will counter with an intense wave of heat/flame, reducing the water to steam. If the attack is physical close-quarters melee, he will evade and/or block it (whatever seems most effective, depending on the nature of the attack) and proceed to crush Kiina into oblivion using his superior Strength, superior Agility, and superior Toughness. If, at any time during the match, Kiina attempts to defeat him using melee combat, Malum will act as detailed above.After ten seconds or so, if no attack has been made, Malum will use his Training Weights to hamper Kiina’s mobility, subsequently retreating into the network of pipes and storage tanks. He will use his superior speed and agility to outmaneuver his opponent and wear her down, then emerge from cover and finish her off in close-quarters melee. If she attempts to use ranged attacks, Malum will use the aforementioned pipes/storage tanks for cover. If she attempts to break open a storage tank, Malum will simply absorb/redirect any dangerous amounts of heat/flame caused by the explosion.If opportunity affords, Malum will superheat Kiina’s armor and weapons/equipment, partially melting them and dealing extreme surface damage.If Kiina stands in one place for more than two or three seconds, Malum will ignite the ground beneath her, forcing her to keep moving and use up her energy reserves. Malum will also do this if Kiina seems to be charging a particularly lethal Mind-based attack.If Kiina pauses next to a storage tank, Malum will quickly melt a large hole in the metal next to her, allowing the storage tank to emit a massive jet of heat/flame and/or explode, dealing massive damage.If Kiina uses her Heat Spine, Malum will absorb/redirect the heat-based energy.

Confirming Match with Canis

First thing Tahu will do, is throw clouds of shadow around the arena, making the pool the only place for light. Since Tahu can't control the Rahkshi, he has to be careful not to unleash them. After Tahu forms the clouds in the arena, he'll throw a bolt of shadow lightning at him, then run to a new area of attack. He'll repeat this until Pridak has figured it out.Then he will a shadow hand to pin Pridak down, and giving him a few seconds to get up once the hand is off. When it is, Tahu will quickly make it a fist and slam Pridak repeatedly while moving to him.Once in close range, he'll get his Lehavk shield and spray him with acid. Then he'll go back and use another shadow hand on him. He will repeat the shadow hand and shield attacks until Pridak can get up and attack him.Then Tahu will use the Hero Cuffs to render his mind a bit while attacking with his magma swords furiously. Then just before Pridak breaks free, he'll slam him into the protodermis pool and attack him as he slowly burns.If Pridak uses gravity attacks, Tahu will quickly get out of the way to not get pinned down. If he does, Tahu will use shadow hands to knock Pridak down until the effects wear off. If he tries to use a mask power, he'll use two shadow hands to squish him together, and knock the mask off. If he tries to use any of his Rahkshi staffs, Tahu must quckly shoot a bolt of shadow energy at his hands before he can activate it.If he tries to use any thing else, just quickly fire bolts of shadow energy to knock them out of his hands.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Pridak vs Tahu: The Staff of Silence was never made Infusion-compatible, and reading your strategy I'm guessing you meant Sonics? Shadow lightning is not an acceptable use of Shadow powers. The Staff of Molecular Disruption will destroy the Hero Cuffs, but Pridak's strategy of disrupting bolts of Shadow and Acid with sonic attacks will be largely ineffective due to Tahu's slight edge in mind. Since Pridak primarily waits until Tahu comes out in the open, I think Tahu will be more likely to succeed in this bout. Tahu wins 6,500 W.

A question: I noticed that a shield is present as part of the Golden Armor used by Tahu. Is that shield usable in-game?

I'd like to buy a +2 toughness trainer for Gali.

@Zakaro @Pulsate This might be a tad late, but welcome to the mentor program! :D

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Confirming match with Shadowhawk

Kiina's gonna start by equipping the Lightweight armour, then throwing up a wall of water between herself and Malum to push him away a little bit, combined with a blast from her Lightning Shield that should disrupt his electrical-sensors. Then she's gonna leg it, as fast as she can until she puts a fair bit distance between them while sending blasts of Lightning down corridors and vents to confuse Malum's sensors that little bit more. Once she finds a fuel pod, she'll unscrew/open the load port to allow the fuel to spill out onto the floor before pulling it all up by mixing a little water in it and sending it in a wave down all but one of the corridors, effectively coating the walls and floor in a light film of the stuff. With any luck, she'll also get Malum a little coated as well. Then when a flame jet occurs, the whole lot should ignite pretty nicely to deal some damage to Malum while he's running after Kiina until he gets it off.

This will continue until Kiina finds three or four fuel pods in one area. Then, she's going to unload one pods and, mixing water with it, raise it into a protective shield with the pods inside it. Once Malum comes into sight, she'll send the whole lot blasting at him, along with the pods which'll do some physical damage (hopefully) when they knock into him. Once that happens, Kiina will quickly create another three layers of water shields, open a hole in them, send out a blast of Lightning at one of the pods which'll probably blow the corridor to shreds.

Kiina vs Malum: The Training Weights only prevent an opponent from flying, so will have no effect on Kiina. The Lightweight Armor will give her an edge in agility, and her edge in mind will make Malum's strategy of cancelling out water attacks with fire less effective. Kiina takes great use of her environment, and should be able to stay just out of range of Malum's devastating physical attacks, allowing her to slowly wear him down. Kiina wins 5,000 W.

Flaredrick: You can submit a strategy against Pahrak Va #0579, who will have identical stats to whichever fighter you use. If the application is accepted, you will receive 1,000 W.

ok, a few pages ago Meta-mind and I agreed to a match, sorry for the long wait. Here's my strategy:

Lesovikk will begin by combining his Kakama and his air powers to boost his speed to a blinding rate, he will run around Takanuva creating a vortex that should limit Takanuva's vision and ability to aim. Lesovikk will then fire his magnetism staff at Takanuva trying to magnetize him. If Takanuva manages to avoid the magnetic shots Lesovikk will use his air powers to create a vacuum around Takanuva's head, making it impossible to breathe. Lesovikk will then move in and finish Takanuva off with his air sword.

Thanks!

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

Okay, after reading on the spoilers for the program, I will not. So here it is with Shadow Tahu.

Since Pahrak Va has the same stats as Tahu, he will need to his shadow powers to the fullest that is allowed. So first he'll cloud the arena in shadow. Then, he'll shadow hand him by slamming the fist down on him repeatedly. he will continue this until he can roll out of the way and blast him with bolts.

Tahu will then 'cuff Va and slash him furiously with his magma swords. Right before he get's free, he'll finish the slicing with a shadow hand slamming down as a fist. He'll then uppercut him and smash him between the shadow hands like one smashes a bug. Then before he comes back down, he'll grab him with a shadow hand and throw the Lehvak shield at him, then slam him hard to the ground.

As he gets up, he'll blast him with shadow bolts. Then finish it with an shadow hand uppercut.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

ok, a few pages ago Meta-mind and I agreed to a match, sorry for the long wait. Here's my strategy:

Lesovikk will begin by combining his Kakama and his air powers to boost his speed to a blinding rate, he will run around Takanuva creating a vortex that should limit Takanuva's vision and ability to aim. Lesovikk will then fire his magnetism staff at Takanuva trying to magnetize him. If Takanuva manages to avoid the magnetic shots Lesovikk will use his air powers to create a vacuum around Takanuva's head, making it impossible to breathe. Lesovikk will then move in and finish Takanuva off with his air sword.

Thanks!

And in turn, here's my strategy from a few pages back.

EDIT: Aaaaaand we have another match, once again in Atero Arena! It's Lesovikk, sponsored by Falcon Lord, versus Takanuva, sponsored by yours truly!

Overall Strategy:Despite his natural agility advantage, Lesovikk can potentially match Takanuva in speed. By combining an Air boost with his Kanohi Kakama, he could exceed Kakama-speed and catch up to Takanuva. However, with his naturally high Agility and Kanohi Kadin, Takanuva is much more maneuverable. Even though Lesovikk is a Toa of Air, his gliding-style flight is much harder to control than a dedicated Kanohi, and drains energy more quickly - not to mention that he can't use his Kakama in the air. As such, Takanuva's strategy is simple: immediately take to the air, weaving with his Kadin to avoid all blasts and attempts to magnetize him. Peppering his opponent with Light blasts from his lance and spear should then suffice to wear him down and end the match, especially if he gives chase and exhausts his Elemental Energy. If at all possible, Takanuva will take any advantage to destroy one of Lesovikk's weapons or throw him off-balance.Counters:

-Any attempts to magnetize Takanuva and attract shards of metal to him, or just to bring him to the ground, should be evaded at all costs. The arena floor is littered with dozens of metal shards that could rip him to pieces if even a few magnetic blasts hit him, and if it looks as though a magnetic blast is about to hit him, he can quickly blind them and speed off in any direction, still peppering Lesovikk with Power Lance blasts.-If Takanuva is magnetized despite his precautions, he can resist any attempts to bring him down by blinding his opponent, distracting him and so eliminating his magnetic field. If shards of metal begin flying his way, he will catch those with a floating shield of solid light before reattaching it to his arm for future use, flinging the metal shards at his opponent as a distraction in the process.-If Lesovikk attempts to throw his sword and get it back through any means (magnetic or air currents), Takanuva will avoid dodging if possible, instead snatching the sword with either a solid light construct or (if he has already used his construct) snatching the sword in his Staff of Light hand before sheathing the sword on his back, still firing with his Power Lance and weaving with his Kadin.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Thanks for re-posting. How many Widgets are each of you contributing to the match?

I'd say 1000, though we didn't agree on any number back when we arranged the match. Let me shoot Falcon a PM real quick. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Hmm pahrak i must ask. Could the hordika changes be along the lines of Blades that jut out of Kopaka's arms. Basically ones he could slash with and perhaps Spines down his back (purely for looks)

And also is shadow hand a skill that Shadow fighters can use? I mean canon wise it is a makuta exclusive ability so was not sure if that applied here or not.

Pulsate: Flare's stats have been updated, and he is now Class F! You currently have 1,250 W.

Also Congrats Pulsate. Now Onua won't be all alone in that class.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

And also is shadow hand a skill that Shadow fighters can use? I mean canon wise it is a makuta exclusive ability so was not sure if that applied here or not.

The Makuta-exclusive ability is the ability to absorb beings with the Shadow Hand, not the actual formation of a shadow construct. Just as Tahu could make a fire hand or Takanuva a light hand, Toa of Shadow can form hands of shadow, even though they can't absorb beings with them. It's a "shadow hand" as opposed to a "Shadow Hand," if you will.

Vox and I have agreed to a match: Gali vs. Kopaka in the Swamp-Realm. I will be sponsoring for 2,000W, Vox will be sponsoring 3,000W. Strategy:

Items: Suletu and Staff of Plasma Overview: Once the Suletu has evened out Gali and Kopaka's mind stats, their stat sets will be very similar. Kopaka has a one point advantage in toughness, while Gali has a two point advantage in agility. Gali will be taking advantage of her agility to get more hits in and surprise Kopaka at key points in the match. General: Gali will coat herself in a column of water and launch herself like a bullet at Kopaka, ramming into and disorienting the Toa of Shadow immediately at the start of the match. Gali will then create a dozen daggers of plasma floating in the air around Kopaka and send them at him one or two at a time, getting in a few plasma-coated staff strikes for good measure while herding Kopaka towards the water's edge. Using her water powers, Gali will have two water whips wrap around Kopaka's ankles and pull him underwater, where she will generate a whirlpool to pull him down further and keep him disoriented. Once her plasma powers have recovered, Gali will use her staff to make the water around Kopaka boiling hot. The swamp monster will most likely be attracted by the motion and the change in temperature, so Gali will camouflage herself with vines and fall back, leaving Kopaka alone with the swamp monster. If the Toa of Shadow manages to survive the encounter (which may well be possible due to his freakish mind and toughness), Gali will use the swamp water to create a giant suit of armor around herself. She will then proceed to hammer Kopaka with water bullets, plasma blasts, and physical blows augmented by her water armor. Counters:Shadow energy attacks/midak/impact vision/axe blasts - Block with water barriers.Physical shadow constructs - Counter with streams of plasma (essentially a flamethrower).Kadin Nuva - Try to bring Kopaka down with a combination of water and plasma whips.Arena hazards - Most of the hazards in a swamp are water-related, so they should be easy for Gali to deal with. She can dehydrate the ground to avoid sinking and chop up any plants that get in her way with her finblades. If she is forced into a confrontation with the swamp monster, Gali will blind it with a ball of plasma to the eyes.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Lesovikk vs Takanuva: Kicking up sand to limit Takanuva’s visibility is a good strategy that should allow Lesovikk to magnetize his foe, and with so much shrapnel flying towards him, Takanuva will be distracted and in great pain whenever it hits. Lesovikk will still need to do quite a bit of work to take Takanuva down, but I think he can manage. Lesovikk wins 5,000 W.

Vox: Yes, that would be fine as a Hordika mutation. Originally I was going to enforce the Shadow Hand as being a Makuta power, but there’s no real reason to do so. Meta-Mind’s explanation is a good one.

> Because obviously kicking up sand works fifty meters in the air

With a Toa of Air, it's doable.

Technically, yes, but...Think I'm just gonna make a copy-pasted portion of each strategy that deals with the idea that "hey, people, I actually have the power to deny that." Because the idea that being blinded would throw a light user (and keep in mind, light users have been shown to have lightsense in this game) completely off his game is silly. Especially since said light user, who had contingencies against being magnetized, was then shown being taken down... by being magnetized. :PAlso I don't even think it was specified that the floor was made of sandmaybe this is MAGIC ARENA MAGNA, where the floor is made of UnobtaniumEDIT: Wait juuuust a second (no, I'm serious this time). Falcon made his vortex by running in a circle. On the ground.To hit/blind someone that high in the air.:D Edited by Meta-Mind

(and keep in mind, light users have been shown to have lightsense in this game)

What, exactly is this 'lightsense' and how would it possibly work?

Falcon made his vortex by running in a circle. On the ground. To hit/blind someone that high in the air.

The Flash can do it. So can Ben 10 characters. Point?

(and keep in mind, light users have been shown to have lightsense in this game)

What, exactly is this 'lightsense' and how would it possibly work?
It's been demonstrated that Light users can send out pulses of light, then detect their returning pulses to draw a picture of the environment like radar.

Falcon made his vortex by running in a circle. On the ground. To hit/blind someone that high in the air.

The Flash can do it. So can Ben 10 characters. Point?
A Kakama user, even one with Air Control, is not on the level of the Flash. Unless you're actually suggesting they can run faster than light. :P Not to mention - that's only really justified by Rule of Cool to begin with.Keep in mind also that I'm not actually trying to overturn the ruling here, just pointing out something I see as an inconsistency. For future reference. Edited by Meta-Mind