Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Me and Wraith have agreed to a match between Core Hunter and Ehlek on planet Quatros. I'm putting forward 250W.

Core Hunter vs Corrupted Ehlek

ITEMS: Adaptive Armour, Repellers. Repellers will be used on the first of Ehlek's attacks using items, if any. Too many items to risk using the Staff of Molecular Disruption on.

STRATEGY:

As Ehlek is both tougher and stronger than Core Hunter, Core Hunter must stay far away from Ehlek, which may be difficult due to their equal agility. However, while Core Hunter may not be able to outrun him with agility alone... he can probably outsmart Ehlek. Core Hunter will use his Plasma Pistol to blast the ground around Ehlek, hopefully startling some of Quatros' native creatures and attracting them to Ehlek. If, for some reason, they see Core Hunter as a threat, Core Hunter will try to mimic their body language while also keeping focus on Ehlek. Once this is done, Core Hunter will use his elemental plasma powers to create a concentrated beam of plasma towards Ehlek's position, backing up as he does so, in an attempt to damage Ehlek if Ehlek gets close. Then, Core Hunter will use his plasma powers to augment the plasma pistol he has to shoot around Ehlek again, hopefully attracting more wildlife to his position. But this time, Core Hunter will go crazy with trying to attract the wildlife, until there are a lot of creatures surrounding the two fighters. Core Hunter will send a plasma blast to one's head, and attempt to jump on top of a creature, ready to forcefully ride it into Ehlek, blast him in the face with Plasma, then jump towards him, hero core remover tool shield-first.

Item Suggestions:

Krana. Temporarily disables a Kanohi a Toa may be using, based on mind.

Krana-Kal: Temporarily disables Kanohi Nuva, as well as Kanohi. Can only be used by upgraded fighters (all types).

Kraata: Used for distraction - destroyed very quickly, but if not dealt with quick, it can end up infecting the opponent for a short while. Can also be applied to the opponent close-range for faster infection.

Yes, this was inspired by the talk over the Suletu.

Edited by Pulsating Explosive

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Okie dokie, final match.

Gali Hordika vs. Pridak

Items: Suletu and Staff of Molecular Disruption

Analysis: Pridak has a similar high-mind low-strength setup to Kopaka, with more emphasis on toughness than agility. Once Gali's more or less neutered his mind, she should be able to use her agility to get in close and deal some heavy damage.

General: Gali will use her staff to destroy Pridak's Staff of Molecular Disruption before he can use it on her Suletu. If he doesn't bring it, she will use the staff on either his Kadin, his Huna, or whatever his first item is. Once she has done that, Gali will knock the Hero Ball away from her side with a jet of water and generate tendrils to wrap around Pridak and immobilize him, which will probably take a while for him to break with his low strength. Next she will make a dash for the controls, switching the arena to Naho Bay before surrounding herself in a jet of water and tackling Pridak into the drink. She will use her control over water to augment her agility, allowing her to dodge and weave around the sea rahi and Pridak's attacks while she knocks him around with her staff. She will also occasionally surround one of her finblades in a jet of water and fling it at a weak point in Pridak's armor, which should release enough blood to attract Takea shards towards the Barraki to do extra damage.

Counters:

Elemental attacks - Block with water barriers

Gravity increase - Gali should be strong enough to resist the gravitational pull and break his concentration by flinging a finblade at him.

Flight - Trap Pridak in a sphere of water, which Gali will then send crashing down. If he tries to take off, Gali will wrap a water whip around his leg to yank him back down.

Huna - Create a cloud of mist so that Gali can feel where Pridak is.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Gali Hordika is Tournament 12 Champion! You receive 30,000 W and may choose one free item and four free +1 trainers (or one free +5 trainer).

Also, we have a new arena: Antropolis City: Each fighter will begin in a Battle Machine (you may pick any of the canon machines from the winter wave (summer wave will be allowed at a later date)). While inside the Battle Machine, a fighter cannot use any of his/her own abilities and must rely on those of the mech. Battle Machines can be broken or the fighter may eject. After a short period of time, several kaiju will erupt from the ground to attack the fighters, making things more complicated.

The new item suggestions will likely be added soon.

So, how did this tournament go? Any feedback?

Edited by Pahrak #0579

Gali Hordika is Tournament 12 Champion! You receive 30,000 W and may choose one free item and four free +1 trainers (or one free +5 trainer).

Also, we have a new arena: Antropolis City: Each fighter will begin in a Battle Machine (you may pick any of the canon machines from the winter wave (summer wave will be allowed at a later date)). While inside the Battle Machine, a fighter cannot use any of his/her own abilities and must rely on those of the mech. Battle Machines can be broken or the fighter may eject. After a short period of time, several kaiju will erupt from the ground to attack the fighters, making things more complicated.

The new item suggestions will likely be added soon.

So, how did this tournament go? Any feedback?

Hmm.. Antropolis city.. I sincerely hope that you will not add Antropolis to tournament arenas.. And also while in the 'Machines' do we even get to items like let's say kadin or something similar? and what if the fighters choose the same battle machines in their strategies? Would that be doable?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Ehlek vs Core Hunter on Quatros, I'm forwarding 1,000 Widgets.

Ehlek will bring the Power Lance, Heat Spine and have the Staff of Poison equipped.

Ehlek will first use the Power Lance to send a massive surge of Lightning at a tree roughly between the two fighters, hopefully causing a big enough distraction for him to slip away into the jungle. He will then scale into the trees while keeping an eye out for any beasties.

Once securely in the trees, Ehlek will use the Heat Spine to create a ring of fire around Core. Once that's complete, Ehlek will unleash the Power Lance against Core to hopefully stun him long enough for Ehlek to drop out of the trees while firing the Vari Blasters and his spines to bring Core to his knees, before racing up to him and punching him with Lightning and Poison infused fists.

Vox: Several items will be unavailable when inside the Battle Machine, but the fighter can eject at any time. Yes, both fighters can choose the same machine.

Ehlek vs Core Hunter: It looks like Core Hunter will be repelling Ehlek’s initial Power Lance attack, which should stun Ehlek while Core Hunter attracts some animals to his position. However, Ehlek may still be able to escape into the trees, leaving Core Hunter more vulnerable and being able to get the jump on him. Once Ehlek is back on the ground, though, Core Hunter’s plasma beam will probably buy him time to use his strategy of riding one of the nearby animals, allowing him to pin Ehlek down and let the creature do most of the work finishing him off. Core Hunter wins 3,125 W.

Vox: Several items will be unavailable when inside the Battle Machine, but the fighter can eject at any time. Yes, both fighters can choose the same machine.

Ehlek vs Core Hunter: It looks like Core Hunter will be repelling Ehlek’s initial Power Lance attack, which should stun Ehlek while Core Hunter attracts some animals to his position. However, Ehlek may still be able to escape into the trees, leaving Core Hunter more vulnerable and being able to get the jump on him. Once Ehlek is back on the ground, though, Core Hunter’s plasma beam will probably buy him time to use his strategy of riding one of the nearby animals, allowing him to pin Ehlek down and let the creature do most of the work finishing him off. Core Hunter wins 3,125 W.

Ah ok.. good to know. Just was something that came to mind.. Also are there any benefits to actually staying inside the battle machine? Like how exo-toa canon wise increased strength?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Vox: It reduces the damage taken by the fighter, and makes it easier to take down the kaiju once they appear.

*Nods* This could be interesting.. I will definitely be watching the first fighters to take advantage of this arena.

Also am i able to use my nuva tournament bonus stat still?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Oh. Okay then. It is a little odd to win a tournament after only playing one round. I'm not complaining though.

I'll take Axonn's Axe as the free item and a +5 mind for Gali, purchasing +1 trainers for Electro in toughness and Phantom in strength, applying their bonus points to those stats as well. I would also like to buy Gali some Energized Protodermis.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Me and Keizah have agreed on a match between Gali and Hahli, at Naho Bay, for 2,000W each.

Gali vs Hahli

ITEMS: Exo-Toa, Staff of Molecular Disruption

ITEM JUSTIFICATIONS:

Staff of Molecular Disruption Priority: Gali's Staff of Molecular Disruption (Exo-Toa is very important!) > Kanohi Kadin > Rhotuka Launcher

Exo-Toa : While Hahli is stronger, Gali is tougher, more agile, and more intelligent. Hopefully the Exo-Toa's boosting of Strengh and Toughness can nullify the Toughness difference and make Hahli deal a lot more damage in a shorter time.

STRATEGY:

Hahli will begin by waiting to see if Gali comes to her or not. If she does, Hahli will hope that Gali dashes towards her, and on a lilypad which doesn't usually tend to have railings, speed can be more of a disadvantage than an advantage, although Gali does control Water. But she doesn't control the wildlife in it. So, as Gali is dashing towards her, she will step to the side, and hope Gali falls in the water. However, if Gali doesn't, then Hahli will dash towards Gali, swerving to avoid any elemental blasts of any kind, then staying close to Gali throwing several punches, followed by an attempted-jump stomp, finished by using the Exo-Toa's electro-rocket for some very small damage. Hahli will then back up and charge towards Gali, swerving again, then making the shoulder of the Exo-Toa make contact with Gali, hopefully pushing her back somewhat. If that does not push her in the water, then Hahli will do a running punch.

UNDERWATER: If forced Underwater, Hahli will attempt to swim back up. However, she will try and keep alert, punching and kicking the wildlife if it comes near, including Gali. If she can't get back up, and Gali is in the water, then she will swim towards Gali, and grab her feet, and kick her.

Edited by Pulsating Explosive

Alright i would like to use purchase two +5 agility trainers for Kopaka resulting in 20000 widgets and add in my +1 stat for my nuva ability bonus.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Confirming match with Pulse.

Strategy:

Items: Axonn's Axe and Rhotuka Launcher (armed with Burning and Shock)

Analysis: Hahli has essentially a more exaggerated version of Gali's old stat set, with almost every available stat point going into strength and the defensive stats. Hahli has an 8-point advantage in strength, while Gali has a decent lead in agility and toughness. Most importantly Gali has a mind stat worth mentioning, which will give her more variety in her strategy. To press her advantage, Gali will focus on attacks that combine both her mind and strength to deal as much damage as possible.

General: Gali will dive underwater, using her agility and control over water to zip around beneath the surface and avoid Hahli's shuriken, coming up near the surface at random inervals to fire shock spinners at her. When one connects and immobilizes Hahli, Gali will follow up by throwing an energy-coated axe at Hahli and propelling herself on a jet of water, catching the axe in mid air to hit Hahli with it a second time. Gali will then fall back, repeating this sequence once or twice to weaken Hahli. Next, Gali will create a silhouette of herself out of water (giving the appearance that she has covered herself with water armor), fill it with shock spinners, and send it flying towards Hahli on a jet of water. When Hahli attacks the double the spinners will activate, giving Hahli a huge shock and sending her tumbling into the drink. This will trigger Gali's timed elemental attack: A large whirlpool that will send Hahli smashing into the ocean floor. Assuming Hahli lives that, Gali will continue to assault her from a distance with her axe.

Counters:

Shuriken - These will be interesting to deal with, since they are one of the few projectiles in this game that relies on strength rather than mind. Gali will have to parry with her fin blades and/or water barriers.

Staff of Molecular Disruption - Not much to do against this, sadly. Gali will need to make up for the missing item with her hooks, finblades, and elemental powers. Specifically, the shock spinners would need to be replaced with balls of water that expand into a water prison.

Rahi - Gali will hit any rahi that tries to attack her with the burning spinners, hopefully causing enough pain to disorient the rahi or at least make it give up on chasing her.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Gali vs Hahli: Gali spends most of the fight outside of Hahli’s range, but with the Rhotuka Launcher gone, her main method of dealing with the Rahi has been lost. The Rahi will be giving Gali some trouble, and Hahli’s electro-rockets will be there as well—not especially powerful, but adding to it. Hahli’s toughness will help her last, and will probably also be of assistance in helping her keep her footing when Gali tries to knock her off the lilypad. Hahli wins 10,000 W.

Alright i am officially opening up Kopaka and Nocturn for matches. Anyone who wishes to challenge them feel free to send me a pm

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Good game, Keizah. Wasn't expecting to win that...

Now, since I'm keeping Core Hunter in the lower classes so that I can fight in that general range, and Flare is on vacation, I'll buy +5 agility for Hahli, which should take that 10,000W considering she is a Hordika fighter.

If anyone would like a match with teh newbie, PM me.

Oh how i would love to just take advantage of that.. Kopaka versus fresh meat.. oh what fun..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Lately I've been thinking of rebooting this game in order to invite new players and make things more exciting for those of you still hanging out here. I've put together a tentative design for a new game, and I could use some feedback! Please check it out and tell me what you think!