Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

Lately I've been thinking of rebooting this game in order to invite new players and make things more exciting for those of you still hanging out here. I've put together a tentative design for a new game, and I could use some feedback! Please check it out and tell me what you think!

Well... i have given my view on it on your blog.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I too have given my views.

I agree that this game desperately needs a new lease of life, but at this point, with few active people, it's probably for the best to give it a fresh start. Technic Coliseum, Take 2.

If you want to see evidence that the game needs a new lease of life, go back sixteen pages. The first post on page 50 was half a year ago, and that was only about four and a half months after the very first post in the topic.

Six pages ago? Two months ago.

This game was gaining a lot more pages at a much faster pace in the beginning. There were more people. More fighters. Times have changed, and so must the game.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I tend to disagree.. Life changes and that causes an ebb and flow in the activity of a game such as this. However i tend to agree that something should be done to increase activity but i don't agree that a total reboot is the solution to it.

Gah trying to find some reference to companies but can't.. Basically trends don't just do a reboot when they loose people's interest. They come out with something that catches people's attention.. Wait i got it. Something to do with video game systems.. For example When the wii came out alot of people were amazed by the motion sensor capabilities. Then sony when they felt 'unloved' did the same thing. But Then you had Microsoft one up the competition by making the kinect which did not require 'nun-chucks' and that worked out well for them.

So yeah my suggestion is think of something to draw attention and bring people back.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

And continuing off that metaphor, I am now going to release a new console. This is the time to do something like that, right? :P

*Smirks*

Does it allow for Backwards compatibility with previous games?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I am conflicted on how I want to answer that.

*Smirks evilly*

Yes yes... I must create doubt in your mind. That is my master plan.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Shadowhawk and I have agreed to a match between Abyssal Phantom and Dragon Bolt Hordika on Tansari VI, 2,000W apiece.

Strategy:

Items: Rhotuka Launcher (armed with Dark Field and Disruptor) and Staff of Sonics

Analysis: Phantom and Dragon Bolt have considerable advantages in agility and strength respectively, while Phantom's slightly higher toughness more or less cancels out Dragon Bolt's slight mind advantage. Dragon Bolt will certainly benefit from the lightning-themed arena, so Phantom will have to do everything he can to avoid Dragon Bolt's attacks and counter with blended attacks.

General: Phantom will open by cloaking a Disruptor Spinner in shadow and flinging it at Dragon Bolt, hopefully allowing it to penetrate through any defenses Dragon Bolt sets up and slightly lower his mind. Phantom will then use his Staff of Sonics to make the ground vibrate painfully beneath Dragon Bolt, forcing him into the air. Phantom will immediately use a Dark Field Spinner and use his Staff of Sonics to magnify the sound of Dragon Bolt's wing flaps, deafening him and making flight impossible.* With both his sight and hearing disabled, Dragon Bolt will certainly lose his bearings and crash painfully into the arena floor. While Dragon Bolt is stunned by the impact Phantom will absorb the shadows of the arena into Gemini and hack and smash at Dragon Bolt's armor. When the dragon comes to Phantom will fall back, continuing to assault Dragon Bolt from a distance with shadow-charged Sabre Strikers until the arena switches back.

Back on Tansari IV again, Phantom will stay on the defensive, weakening Dragon Bolt with Disruptor Spinners and ambushing him from behind with Sabre Strikers and shadow daggers. After a minute or so Phantom will use another Dark Field Spinner and attack Dragon Bolt from all directions with blasts of sound. The noise will probably attract the Zivon, at which point Phantom will blend in with the shadows of the arena and allow the colossal rahi to smack the dragon around until the arena reverts again. To finish the match, Phantom will surround the bladed end of Gemini in shadows and fling it at Dragon Bolt's chest, driving it in deeper with a sonic blast.

*If Dragon Bolt manages to stay out of the air, Phantom will magnify the dragon's footsteps instead.

Counters:
Staff of Molecular Disruption - As usual this item is the bane of strategy. Losing either item will hurt Phantom badly, but he might be able to muddle through with his higher agility and toughness. The key will be sticking to the shadows and using guerrilla tactics to weaken the dragon.
Lightning/Weather Control - Phantom will use a shadow barrier to delay the attack and give himself time to run out of the way. If there is an attack he cannot evade, Phantom will negate it with a Disruptor Spinner.
Insects/plants - Distract with shadow saws and use his element to vanish.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Confirming match with Phantom. Strategy as follows:

Dragon Bolt will be utilizing his Rahkshi Staffs of Molecular Disruption and Weather Control.

As soon as the match begins, Dragon Bolt will use his Staff of Molecular Disruption to destroy Phantom's most valuable item, in terms of main post cost in widgets. He will then take to the air and fly in circular evasive patterns to avoid close- to mid-range attacks, using the arena's hazy visibility for cover. Should lightning strike at any time, Dragon Bolt will use his own powers to greatly amplify and supercharge it, subsequently redirecting it to hit Phantom.

Dragon Bolt will use his Staff of Weather Control to summon and maintain a hailstorm vortex around his opponent, focusing on dealing as much damage as possible, as well as providing a wet 'strike attraction point' for lightning conductivity. Dragon Bolt will occasionally use his own powers to electrocute Phantom, keeping him disoriented and dazed.

When Phantom has been severely weakened, Dragon Bolt will drop from the sky in a series of classic draconic 'hit-and-run' melee strikes, ripping the black-armored fighter to shreds with his natural fangs/claws/tail spikes.

Should Phantom target Dragon Bolt with ranged and/or elemental attacks, Dragon Bolt will counter with aerial defensive maneuvers, hastily-constructed electrical shields, and general Agility/Toughness.

Should Phantom take to the air, Dragon Bolt will rely on his superior abilities of flight to outmaneuver him, and then use his superior Strength to knock the fighter from the sky.

Should Phantom somehow blind Dragon Bolt, the reptilian combatant will use an electrical field, similar to that of an electric eel's, to navigate and locate his opponent.

Dragon Bolt Hordika vs Abyssal Phantom: Without his Staff of Sonics, Phantom probably won't be able to bring Dragon Bolt down as easily. Certainly, with the Disruptor Spinners working their magic, the dragon's long range attacks won't be as effective, and landing physical blows will be difficult with Phantom's high agility. The distraction of the Staff of Weather Control will help, but it may not be enough; it seems both fighters will be slowly chipping away at each other as the fight goes on. With the Disruptor Spinner lowering Dragon Bolt's mind, Phantom's agility to avoid the deadly physical attacks and perhaps some others, and the slight toughness advantage in Phantom's favor, it looks like Phantom has several small leads that will build up over time and help him to just barely outlast his foe. Phantom wins 10,000 W.

Sorry for the delay, but Tournament 13 starts on Monday! Don't forget to register your fighters!

Registering Flare.

Stats:

Strength: 6

Agility: 18

Toughness:8

Mind: 16

6 + 18 + 8 + 16 = 48.

Will this be the last tournament for this iteration of the Technic Coliseum, due to the proposed revisions? If so, let's go out with a bang.

(wow that orange contrasts with this green)

Edited by Pulsating Explosive

Flare has been registered, will start list later today.

Since the goal for starting Technic Warzone is to increase activity, and I can't exactly handle a whole lot of activity right now, my plan is to wait until May or June (after my current semester is over) before switching topics.

Edited by Pahrak #0579

Registering Immanis Kopaka..

Strength: 5

Agility: 17

Toughness: 10

Mind: 16

Items: Skakdi Spine (Impact), Axonn's Axe, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Sleep, Staff of Elasticity,

Also Pahrak is the Suletu banned in this tournament? For if not i may be changing my stats..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Yes, 48. Yes, the Suletu is banned.

Fighters:

Astroflare

-Strength: 6
-Agility: 18
-Toughness:8
-Mind: 16

Powers and Items: Expert in disk throwing, can fly, Flame Whip, Toa-level power over Fire, Staff of Molecular Disruption (shared), Adaptive Armor (shared), Repellers (shared), Exo-Toa (shared)

Immanis Kopaka

-Strength: 5
-Agility: 17
-Toughness: 10
Powers and Items: Toa of Shadow, Ice Blades, shield, flight, protosteel claws, Skakdi Spine (Impact), Axonn's Axe, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Sleep, Staff of Elasticity
Natalie Breez X.0
-Strength: 12
-Agility: 14
-Toughness: 8
-Mind: 14
Powers and Items: Zephyr Emitters, Air powers, Titan Gauntlets, Feral Circuit, Golden Armor, Brain Visor, Bowstaff & Buzzsaw Shield.
Ackar
-Strength: 12
-Toughness: 12
-Agility: 12
-Mind: 12
Powers and Items: Sundowner's Machetes, Toa Ability of Fire, Levhak Shield, Adaptive Armor, Thornax Launcher, Thornax, Hero Cuffs

Edited by Pahrak #0579

Yes, 48. Yes, the Suletu is banned.

Fighters:

Astroflare

-Strength: 6
-Agility: 18
-Toughness:8

Powers and Items: Expert in disk throwing, can fly, Flame Whip, Toa-level power over Fire, Staff of Molecular Disruption (shared), Adaptive Armor (shared), Repellers (shared), Exo-Toa (shared)

Immanis Kopaka

-Strength: 5
-Agility: 17
-Toughness: 10
Powers and Items: Skakdi Spine (Impact), Axonn's Axe, Adaptive Armor, Staff of Sleep, Staff of Elasticity

Yay!.. And kind of hopeful this tournament will go far better.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

So as not to waste anyone's time, I'll just make this short.

Because of simple schedule overload and increasingly prominent amounts of non-BZPower responsibilities I'm taking on, I sadly won't be able to participate further in this particular game. I had a great time while it lasted, and I'd just like to thank all my fellow players, and Pahrak especially, for putting in so much time and effort. Was splendid fun, but sometimes things just have to go, and right now, Technic Coliseum is one of them.

So, I'd like to sell everything in my inventory, donate the proceeds to the Emergency Fund, and then retire Dragon Bolt. After that, all my profile stats and so on can be removed from the masterpost, so's not to use up unnecessary space.

Again, I had a great time, and I wish you all the best of luck with the upcoming revamp! :)

Shadowhawk: Okay, I'll do that. Thank you for playing!

Tournament 13 start

Round 1: Astroflare vs Natalie Breez X.0 (City-Realm), Immanis Kopaka vs Ackar(Swamp-Realm)

You have 24 hours to post your strategy

For easy reference, here is the post with the profiles for this tournament.

Edited by Pahrak #0579

Flare vs Breez

ITEMS: Staff of Molecular Disruption, Repellers

ITEM USES: Staff of Molecular Disruption: Use to destroy Breez's Feral Circuit if she brings it; Repellers: Use on a wrecking ball if it hits him-if possible, he would repel it at Breez.

STRATEGY:

Flare begins by taking to the skies. The ground here is just too dangerous if the skyscrapers fall from Breez's winds, and Flare can hopefully avoid the wrecking balls, especially if they are being manipulated by Breeze. Flare will make use of his flight and agility combined, as well as his whip, to immediately fly around Breeze so as to tie his whip around her feet, making advantage of his strength disadvantage (wait what?). He shall then make three full revolutions around her in the air, using her as an anchor, and then untie his whip, hopefully having gained velocity from this and head off into the city, while leaving behind a trail of fire aimed at Breez, hopefully getting her to follow him. If that doesn't work, he will fly away from Breez, outstretch his whip, and fly straight at Breez, with the whip aimed at her ankles, to trip her over. If that works, he shall unleash a volley of fireballs down on her. He will repeat this after he heads to a wrecking ball, below its point of impact, and attempt to use his power over fire to melt it into liquid whateverit'smadeofium, prepare his repellers, get hit by it, and repel it towards Breeze. After having repeated what he did earlier, he will head into a dilapidated building near Breez, set it on fire, fly out, and aid it to collapse on Breez.

COUNTERS:

Further Wrecking Balls: Dodge if he can.

Air blasts/winds: Keep moving, in the opposite direction of the wind, but also make it warmer in case it makes it back to Breez.

Titan Gauntlets (Enhanced Strength]: Do not engage in direct combat. Collapse two buildings instead of one.

SPONSOR COMMENTARY:

Flare, I've missed you. Dilapidated buildings are going to be very badly affected by fire, right?

Breez X.0 VS. Astroflare

BEGIN!

-Brain Visor Active-

~Golden Armor on~

Overall: Breez has a huge advantage in Strength, while Flare holds the advantage in Agility and Mind, which could pose a problem for Breez, being oriented for those stats.

Offense: Breez will be heavily relying on the arena this round in order to win, so much so that she's using the Brain Visor almost exclusively. As the match begins, Breez will instantly back-flip away and wind-blast Flare as far away as possible, allowing Breez to vanish into the skyscrapers and wreaking balls of the city. Once in a relatively safe location, Breez will begin to manipulate the wind and her Brain Visor to send Flare careening into buildings, incoming wreaking balls, and the like. She'll continue until discovered, at which point she'll flee, dodging around to stay ahead of Flare, and finally ending by leaping onto the Slizer from the top of her building, achieved by making a strong wind blowing him forwards toward her. Ignoring whatever burns she may have or get, Breez will form the Emitters into daggers and stab Flare repeatedly, one after another, always keeping one in him. Once she's thrown off, Breez will glide herself through the maze of buildings, dodging and weaving and letting Flare follow, before turning a corner to duck upwards and let Flare run directly into a wreaking ball, aided in this task by her Brain Visor. She'll then end it with a greatsword to Flare's gut.

Defense: Fire projectiles: Divert with air, remain unseen.

Heated body: Endure as long as possible while stabbing.

Flying: Addressed in the Strategy.

Molecular Disruption: Golden Armor.

Adaptive Armor: N/A

Repellers: Try to fake him out, try the attack again. Take it.

Exo-Toa: Doubtfully used, if so than bait him into wreaking ball traps or let him fire rockets into buildings, bringing them down on him.

Probably failed, but oh well. :P

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Flare vs Breez: With Breez protected from environmental hazards, she's essentially free to move about in stealth while Flare is out in the open, and she takes advantage of that very well. Flare may be able to avoid the wrecking balls despite the wind blasts, but that will wear down his endurance. His fireballs will be very effective when they find their mark, but Breez's strategy will make that difficult, and I think he'll be slowly worn down by the frustrating tactics. Astroflare receives 10,000 W, Natalie Breez X.0 advances to Round 2.

Immanis Kopaka versus Ackar

Skakdi Spine and Staff of Sleep

Kopaka shot above the swamp using his high agility and wings to rise above the treeline. As soon as he was at a safe distance he leveled out and surveyed the swamp. He shot several impact blasts at Ackar followed by shadow blasts. However he activated the staff of sleep and picked up ackar as soon as he was asleep. He coated him in a cocoon of shadow leaving only his head exposed. He then switched the position of the cocoon and proceeded to throw Ackar towards the ground at full speed intending to impale his head. However as ackar plummeted Kopaka created shadow spikes at the bottom to increase the damage against Ackar.

He would continue this assault while taking advantage of his agility and the fact he is able to stay in the air. He will use shadow bolts and impact blasts to attack ackar till he is defeated. Incase of attack Kopaka shall throw up walls of shadow to block the incoming attacks.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Breez VS. Kopaka!

BEGIN!

Overall: This battle pans out to be much like the last one, with Breez holding an large advantage in Strength while Kopaka holds an Agility and Mind Advantage.

~Brain Visor Active~

-Bowstaff & Buzzsaw Shield Equipped-

Offense: Once again Breez is aiming to take large advantage of her environment in this match, using the Brain Visor to full effect and combining it with the strategy she used last time in the Iron Canyon. Breez will begin by wind-blasting Kopaka back and down, forcing him into the sands of the canyon and giving Breez time to climb the sides and embed her Shield in the side of one, one Emitter in the other. Standing on her Shield, she'll pepper him with arrows until he begins to retaliate with projectiles of his own, at which point she'll trigger a rock fall close to him and use the damage or at least covering dust to relocate to her Emitter, and hold on from there for a time. Next she'll charge him, whipping up a sand-storm to blind him and bait him to one side of a Skopio, where she'll attack it to make it raise from the sand, then wind-blast Kopaka backwards into it's waiting jaws. When he gets out of that, Breez shall again keep to the walls, darting around, and then allow a legion of Bone Hunters to distract him while she gets close and deals some damage with a broadsword-Emitter. Finally, removing her weaponry from the walls, Breez will end the fight with another rockfall and a shield-bash, deflecting any projectiles with the Buzzsaw Shield on the way to Kopaka.

Defense: Shadow Projectiles: Dodge, weave, and distract the Toa with arrows or an arena hazard.

Blinding Shadow: Arena hazards are not a problem, so Breez will simply focus on feeling the shifting of the winds to find Kopaka and hit him with an energy arrow or wind-blade.

Shadow Bonds: Wind-blast him into a wall, knockback being the priority.

Shield: Aim around it or wind-blast behind him, knocking Kopaka forward and open for attack.

Flight: Make flying absolutely miserable. Constant, shifting, winds taking him exactly where he doesn't want to go, perhaps a tornado or two to shake things up, constant fire.

Skakdi Spine: Dodge or use the knockback to get farther up the Canyon walls. Respond with projectiles of her own.

Axonn's Axe/melee in general: Wind-blast him backwards. Unlikely to happen due to low Strength. Projectiles, continue with standard procedures.

Adaptive Armor: N/A

Staff of Sleep: If at any point it seems he's about to use it, dig the Emitter into the wall, hang on, and create a windstorm. With luck not too much will happen.

Staff of Elasticity: Shield, dodge, or attack the arms/hands extending.

Good luck, Vox, and good match Pulse!

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.