Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

Don't care about most of the villain backstories as long as Splitty (yeah, I'm going to call him that) was a guy (the red half) who got into a freak accident that cut him in half. He was then fused to a life support system (the grey half) that soon drove him insane and turned him into a crazed killer.To dark for Lego, but that's him in my personal story.That, and I say Evo got his arm torn off and replaced it with his Tank Arm. Don't tell me this wouldn't be awesome.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I found some of the 2012 sets at Target....Spliface was $19.99, a 54% markup http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

Splitface was once two villains who always argued and were very weak. They were easily captured. Black Phantom saw their potential and combined them into one, stronger robot.Toxic Reapa was a bot working in a chemical plant, but was arrested for stealing a cache of dangerous chemicals. However, they were never found. With the help of Black Phantom, Reapa was able to recover them and use them as weapons.

I know this is just speculation, but I don't quite see why Splitface and Toxic Reapa would be affiliated with Black Phantom in any way; after all there's no indication in the main story line that BP would be related to the other breakout villains. If this were the case, then the promo videos would have shown it by now. Edited by unknown_user2596

I'm pretty sure that none of the criminals exist because of Black Phantom, I'm assuming that Black Phantom causes a massive prison break, and all the criminals, including the four smaller villains from this year, escape.I do like the life-support system idea for Splitface, though I'm not sure how a cyborg robot would work.

Bought Evo and Toxic Reapa recently. I'm just going to say my thoughts:Evo is surprisiingly one of the best heroes I've had. I love just everything about him. Sure, he is very simplistic in design, but overall, just a wonderful set. His helmet is very nice as well, if I do say so myself. I also like these new Hero Cuffs which came with him. Very nice.Toxic Reapa is just excellent. Like Evo, I adore everything about him. His design is great, his color scheme is spot-on, and overall, just great. The green flames that came with him are also a nice addition, and his face is adorable. He has the essence of Fluttershy, or maybe a tree. Just great sets.

All that speculation would be cool, but Lego will probably barely brush past Black Phantom's backstory, much less the others. Heck, Thornraxx probably won't make an appearance at all.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

As I already said a couple days ago, Lego Customer Service claims he will be released on Shop@Home on January 1st, along with Breez. So whether or not he's in the TV show, he'll still be released.-mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

All that speculation would be cool, but Lego will probably barely brush past Black Phantom's backstory, much less the others. Heck, Thornraxx probably won't make an appearance at all.

Thornraxx could probably still be released as a set even if he doesn't make an appearance.
Just like Vapor.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Thornraxx could probably still be released as a set even if he doesn't make an appearance.
Just like Vapor.
Except Vapor made a cameo appearance.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not, but whether it has or not, probably a good idea to inform those who haven't already known for a while. On the video for "Surge vs. Splitface", found on another website, there is a certain part that shows a "Breakout-styled' version of Stringer, presumably to be included in the summer wave. Another set confirmed via official means in December!Stringer "4.0"Another poseIgnoring the random blue now placed in his color scheme, looks like a very well designed set. When compared to Surge who is standing near to him, it appears he now features Metru Blue as his secondary color, and has new lower leg armor and upper arm armor pieces, while also featuring a "sonics" pattern of sorts on his chest armor. Love it.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Not sure if this has already been mentioned or not, but whether it has or not, probably a good idea to inform those who haven't already known for a while. On the video for "Surge vs. Splitface", found on another website, there is a certain part that shows a "Breakout-styled' version of Stringer, presumably to be included in the summer wave. Another set confirmed via official means in December!Stringer "4.0"Another poseIgnoring the random blue now placed in his color scheme, looks like a very well designed set. When compared to Surge who is standing near to him, it appears he now features Metru Blue as his secondary color, and has new lower leg armor and upper arm armor pieces, while also featuring a "sonics" pattern of sorts on his chest armor. Love it.-Mesonak

Funny, since to me, he looks like he has a regular Mata blue on him.

Funny, since to me, he looks like he has a regular Mata blue on him.
It's quite a lot darker than Surge, who's standing right next to him for comparisons sake. What Surge has it Mata Blue, what Stringer has is a darker shade, which I presume to be metru blue. Unless the show's colors are innacurate. -Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Well, in the shots we've seen from Rocka's "vs" video, he is "XL", but in that particular group shot, he isn't, although the same design is used. So, I suppose this means some kind of transformation?

Look again he's all that way in that back and he appers to be as tall as all the others, now compear that to Surge who is all the way in the back on the other side and he's a head shorter that all the rest.For now I say we call him "Hulk Stormer" because of the chest he shairs with The Hulk Ultra Build set.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

so i was just on Hero Factory.com when i looked at Toxic Reapa and Jawblade's profiles and

Swim rings around the heroes with JAWBLADE and his magma blades!

Head to water planet Scylla to capture JAWBLADE and return him to the Hero Factory, but watch out for his razor fins and crushing claws!

Battle the heroes with TOXIC REAPA’s toxic waste attack!

Battle against TOXIC REAPA’s toxic tanks, toxic jets, crushing claws and laser cutters; then recapture him and return to the Hero Factory!

first of all neither Toxic or Blade have these "crushing claws" they are talking aboutand second of all what the heck are these "laser cutters" they say Reapa has i just don't eveni guess it's just Lego but still i don't know what in the world they were thinking when they said Jawblade and Toxic Reapa have "crushing claws" and "laser cutters" =p

overlordsukapon.png

so i was just on Hero Factory.com when i looked at Toxic Reapa and Jawblade's profiles and

Swim rings around the heroes with JAWBLADE and his magma blades!

Head to water planet Scylla to capture JAWBLADE and return him to the Hero Factory, but watch out for his razor fins and crushing claws!

Battle the heroes with TOXIC REAPA’s toxic waste attack!

Battle against TOXIC REAPA’s toxic tanks, toxic jets, crushing claws and laser cutters; then recapture him and return to the Hero Factory!

first of all neither Toxic or Blade have these "crushing claws" they are talking aboutand second of all what the heck are these "laser cutters" they say Reapa has i just don't eveni guess it's just Lego but still i don't know what in the world they were thinking when they said Jawblade and Toxic Reapa have "crushing claws" and "laser cutters" =p
I was unsure about what the "laser cutters" were referring to as well, but someone on another site suggested that might be referencing the little blaster-looking things on either side of his mouth. Meanwhile, "crushing claws" could be referring to Jawblade's hands and Reapa's feet.Also, the HF website hasn't uploaded yet in my country. Did you mean shop.LEGO.com?

Guys, guys, calm down. That's probably not a new Stringer. More likely it's one of those background heroes they put in with a recolored 1.0 head on the new body (and you can see a few in some of the videos).

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Hmmmm... Doubt it. He's in the line up with all the other main Heroes along with Stormer. Chances are, if he was a background character, he wouldn't even be there.Plus, he has the new Breakout design where other background Heroes still have 2.0 builds.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

Guys, guys, calm down. That's probably not a new Stringer. More likely it's one of those background heroes they put in with a recolored 1.0 head on the new body (and you can see a few in some of the videos).

Yeah, no. As Kalhiki stated, not only does he utilize the Breakout design, features new parts, and is in the lineup with the rest of the heroes' in the series, but, two new pictures were recently discovereda as well: Here and Here. While the pictures don't prove much by themself, when you take them in context with each other, you begin to realize that not only has the model been used more than once at this point, but this "Stringer" is under attack from a villain and he's fighting this villain in an entirely new enviroment. All of this points to him being a summer set, and there being another hero/villain matchup for him in the TV show. -Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Possible Hero Factory summer villain? I hope so because I see some very nice purple (maybe dark blue) on their.

Most likely, yes. Looks way to complex to be a generic. Why would the animators go through the trouble to design a new character (especially when we see past villains escaping)Either way, can't wait to see set pictures of that guy (I'm going ahead and saying he's a summer set even though it's not official). Looks like he'll be a pretty cool character.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Why is Stringer blue? Whoever it is is definitely supposed to be a set, seeing as he's standing closer to the front than Stormer, Rocka, or Surge. His having a Stringer helmet implies that it's Stringer, not the new Hero. Also, it looks like Mata blue to me, not Metru blue. Also, Stringer seems to have overbulky shoulders like Surge does.Also, where are Bulk, Nex, and Breez?

Because the set designers are silly. Seriously, only Stormer and Bulk have kept consistent color schemes through all their forms, and if Bulk is a summer set, that'll probably change too.This is a sad truth, and it is the reason I think people who complain about Evo's lack of purple are silly. It was bound to change, just as everyone else in the Breakout line. There really is no way they could have made him purple short of recoloring the Glatorian head, and as awesome as that would have been, it just wasn't going to happen.Wait nobody even mentioned Nathan never mind.

AXKP5KC.png

Because the set designers are silly. Seriously, only Stormer and Bulk have kept consistent color schemes through all their forms, and if Bulk is a summer set, that'll probably change too.This is a sad truth, and it is the reason I think people who complain about Evo's lack of purple are silly. It was bound to change, just as everyone else in the Breakout line. There really is no way they could have made him purple short of recoloring the Glatorian head, and as awesome as that would have been, it just wasn't going to happen.Wait nobody even mentioned Nathan never mind.

The thing is, all of them kept a major feature of their color scheme the same except for Surge and Stringer. Both of them started with an obvious primary (Blue/Black) and secondary (Silver/Orange), as well as their core color (Yellow/Orange). Now, both of them have two equally prominent colors, one of which as their original primary color (Blue/Black) and the other color (Lime/Blue) was not present on the original set.Evo's only color change was losing the purple, which was never a major part of his color scheme. Other than his core and head, he used yellow, black, and gunmetal in both incarnations.The other sets have kept largely consistent color schemes - Breez and Furno are both obviously mostly their original primary color, in addition to several other random colors. Stormer used to be white and blue, now the blue is restricted to his Hero Core and head, so his color scheme isn't nearly as consistent as you claim.

The thing is, all of them kept a major feature of their color scheme the same except for Surge and Stringer. Both of them started with an obvious primary (Blue/Black) and secondary (Silver/Orange), as well as their core color (Yellow/Orange). Now, both of them have two equally prominent colors, one of which as their original primary color (Blue/Black) and the other color (Lime/Blue) was not present on the original set.Evo's only color change was losing the purple, which was never a major part of his color scheme. Other than his core and head, he used yellow, black, and gunmetal in both incarnations.The other sets have kept largely consistent color schemes - Breez and Furno are both obviously mostly their original primary color, in addition to several other random colors. Stormer used to be white and blue, now the blue is restricted to his Hero Core and head, so his color scheme isn't nearly as consistent as you claim.
At the same time, Surge's color scheme will have stayed a little bit more consistent than Stringer's if the Stringer set does in fact have blue as a secondary color. After all, the only real change to Surge's color scheme between his 1.0 and 2.0 appearances was that his head color was approximated as lime rather than yellow, and his Hero Core changed to match. Since his head color was a yellow-green color to begin with I see no problem with this, and truth be told I prefer the systematic 2.0 color schemes to the 1.0 color schemes.Stringer, on the other hand, kept his colors close to consistent between his 1.0 and 3.0 appearances, but the new Stringer's color switches to the complete opposite side of the color wheel. It's not a bad thing, necessarily, but after so much effort to keep the other heroes' color schemes consistent with only minor changes, it's a shame to see one where such great care isn't taken. The set will hopefully look good enough that this doesn't make much of a difference, like Evo.Speaking of Evo, a person on another site created a revamp of him where they (among other things) gave him his 2.0 chestplate and Hero Core, changed his head and Zamor Sphere colors to blue, and added his purple spikes to his tank arm. These changes give him a much more "classic" look.

At the same time, Surge's color scheme will have stayed a little bit more consistent than Stringer's if the Stringer set does in fact have blue as a secondary color. After all, the only real change to Surge's color scheme between his 1.0 and 2.0 appearances was that his head color was approximated as lime rather than yellow, and his Hero Core changed to match. Since his head color was a yellow-green color to begin with I see no problem with this, and truth be told I prefer the systematic 2.0 color schemes to the 1.0 color schemes.Stringer, on the other hand, kept his colors close to consistent between his 1.0 and 3.0 appearances, but the new Stringer's color switches to the complete opposite side of the color wheel. It's not a bad thing, necessarily, but after so much effort to keep the other heroes' color schemes consistent with only minor changes, it's a shame to see one where such great care isn't taken. The set will hopefully look good enough that this doesn't make much of a difference, like Evo.Speaking of Evo, a person on another site created a revamp of him where they (among other things) gave him his 2.0 chestplate and Hero Core, changed his head and Zamor Sphere colors to blue, and added his purple spikes to his tank arm. These changes give him a much more "classic" look.
Surge's green is definitely in-character. However, there's so much of it that he's equally green with blue as he is blue with green. It's also a surprisingly bad color combination.Stringer's blue, while it looks better than most of the other Breakout color schemes (see: Breez, Furno, Surge), is also the most out-of-character. As such, I rank Surge and Stringer's color scheme problems roughly equally....Odd. I gave my Evo a 2.0 chestplate and made his head and zamor blue. I guess it's an obvious change.

There was another change in Surge in his 2.0 form: white instead of silver. I really would have even preferred Surge to have white instead of lime, since that color is also found in his two closest comrades, Breez and Furno.And yes, Stormer's blue is minor nowadays, I never stated otherwise. It's not really about the quantity but the fact that he hasn't had any major change. Of course, he does have a lot of silver, so one could say he doesn't count, and they would be right. There are others that have kept mostly consistent color save for a few places. Namely, Rocka and Evo. My point was that the change is nothing new and nothing necessarily bad. Stringer looks, in my opinion, really good despite him now having blue. It isn't about the fact that they changed it but the how. Evo looks good so there is no reason for conplaint, and the same goes for Stringer. Surge, on the other hand, is a mess.This turned into mindless, inconsisted rambling from my side really quickly. :/

AXKP5KC.png

Hm, on the subject of fanon personalities, I've been giving some thought to Splitface and I really like the idea he was the victim in a horrific attack on a station or something that the heroes (Possibly including Surge) failed to prevent. Splitface was incredibly badly wounded, which required his gunmetal grey half to be required, as well as damaging his emotion replicator (That's what I assume every robot in this series has), causing him to feel cold anger and a lust for revenge against those that failed to save him. Sadly, I think that's just a tad too dark for Hero Factory. Curse you, Lego!

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Surge's green is definitely in-character. However, there's so much of it that he's equally green with blue as he is blue with green. It's also a surprisingly bad color combination.Stringer's blue, while it looks better than most of the other Breakout color schemes (see: Breez, Furno, Surge), is also the most out-of-character. As such, I rank Surge and Stringer's color scheme problems roughly equally....Odd. I gave my Evo a 2.0 chestplate and made his head and zamor blue. I guess it's an obvious change.
How can a color scheme be "in-character"? Usually I only see that term being used regarding personalities and actions of characters, not their appearance (unless, of course, it's a franchise where a character has to wear a costume that they might or might not be likely to wear, in which case it does become an action).Blue doesn't really conflict with Stringer's traditional theme (sonic/musical powers), and doesn't convey the idea much better than orange. And as far as personality is concerned I see no reason why it wouldn't work. It's just a bit jarring after other characters' color schemes have stayed close to the same after many different appearances in sets.

How can a color scheme be "in-character"? Usually I only see that term being used regarding personalities and actions of characters, not their appearance (unless, of course, it's a franchise where a character has to wear a costume that they might or might not be likely to wear, in which case it does become an action).Blue doesn't really conflict with Stringer's traditional theme (sonic/musical powers), and doesn't convey the idea much better than orange. And as far as personality is concerned I see no reason why it wouldn't work. It's just a bit jarring after other characters' color schemes have stayed close to the same after many different appearances in sets.
In-character was being used metaphorically. It wasn't technically accurate, but I wanted a concise way to refer to how Surge's color scheme still made (some) sense as being the same character.Since color schemes are the main way to tell who's who in Hero Factory, changing an orange character to blue is a slightly problematic change.