Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

All Winter 2012 Hero Factory available at Geoff's Toymaster Store in Loughborough. Got my Rocka & Toxic Reapa..

Info like this is best if you also include a country.
I figure that if you don't actually know where it is, it won't be relevant to you. Not to mention google is two clicks away. (and the language is unmistakably British, but that's neither here nor there).I noticed that the product labels for Black Phantom list him as "Overlord", which was a prelim name for him at some point. Kinda funny.

All Winter 2012 Hero Factory available at Geoff's Toymaster Store in Loughborough. Got my Rocka & Toxic Reapa..

I figure that if you don't actually know where it is, it won't be relevant to you. Not to mention google is two clicks away. (and the language is unmistakably British, but that's neither here nor there).I noticed that the product labels for Black Phantom list him as "Overlord", which was a prelim name for him at some point. Kinda funny.
Its in UK (East Midlands part), Loughborough - Between Nottingham (North) and Leicester (South)

Wait, overlord isn't for the summer sets?Saw him on a certain set listing site, and he was separate from BP. Oh well, guess we'll see when summer rolls around. Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

Breez and Thornraxx are the best pair of sets in this theme in my opinion.Followed by Splitface and Evo, Black Phantom and Surge/Rocka, Jawblade and Furno and Toxic Reapa at the very end of the listToxic Reapa is kind of overrated in my opinion, it just doesn't look that good :sigh:

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Surge. Better than Rocka. Better than Reapa.Hahaha no. Just, no. Surge pretty much sucks a lot. Toxic Reapa is a little overrated, but he's still one of the best sets in this wave.Anyways, got Black Phantom a couple of hours ago. Pretty cool, though a bit disappointing. His torso just doesn't look good. I don't know why, the new chest armor piece looks odd. And his head is kind of small. Overall, though, he does look pretty cool. Also his helmet is awesome, so I am no longer bothered by the fact that the purple villain uses it.Now I just wish Thornraxx was out so I could finish my Breakout villain collection. So close.

AXKP5KC.png

Surge. Better than Rocka. Better than Reapa.Hahaha no. Just, no. Surge pretty much sucks a lot. Toxic Reapa is a little overrated, but he's still one of the best sets in this wave.

OPINIONS.Rocka just seems pretty meh, he looks too cluttered with the small torso.And Thornraxx, Splitface and Evo are way better than Toxic Reapa.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional, the contrast between the legs and torso looks awesome. I'd be willing to concede Splitface being almost as cool as Reapa, but Evo? Evo's pretty boring. Can't comment on Thornraxx, I don't have him, but Reapa has an awesome build, awesome parts and overall awesome look. And his head piece is one of the coolest pieces Lego has ever made.But yeah, opinions.

AXKP5KC.png

I have BP, Rocka, Evo, and Toxic Reapa, and I can say that I love how Reapa's designed IRL, though I did wind up adding some size four armor shells to the sides of his lower legs. Keeps the look, but adds just a little armor. Also fixed the exposed ball joint. I can also say that while I will concede that Evo isn't one of the more exciting heroes, I think he's more solidly constructed than Rocka, has an excellent color scheme, great mask, and that Tank Arm is fantastic. -Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

So my order from S@H arrived today, carrying with it Furno 3.0, Rocka, and Jawblade(Plus Splitface which is a present for my friend).Jawblade is okay, he looks cool, but he's kind of bland design-wise, and nothing special parts-wise.Rocka. . . . . . . . . .neeeh, he seems. . . . . . . . . . .Malformed somehow, his legs are freakishly long and his arms are freakishly short, I don't know what his designers were thinking when they decided his proportions, his weapon is terribly unwieldy, his color scheme is damaged by the silver Hand and back, and his shield, while looking awesome, wouldn't really function as a shield that well. His head looks really tiny because his Helmet is pretty much flush with the Head(Although it is a really cool-looking helmet).Overall, Reapa is better than Jawblade and both Surge and Evo are miles better than Rocka.~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So my order from S@H arrived today, carrying with it Furno 3.0, Rocka, and Jawblade(Plus Splitface which is a present for my friend).Jawblade is okay, he looks cool, but he's kind of bland design-wise, and nothing special parts-wise.Rocka. . . . . . . . . .neeeh, he seems. . . . . . . . . . .Malformed somehow, his legs are freakishly long and his arms are freakishly short, I don't know what his designers were thinking when they decided his proportions, his weapon is terribly unwieldy, his color scheme is damaged by the silver Hand and back, and his shield, while looking awesome, wouldn't really function as a shield that well. His head looks really tiny because his Helmet is pretty much flush with the Head(Although it is a really cool-looking helmet).Overall, Reapa is better than Jawblade and both Surge and Evo are miles better than Rocka.~ELM~

Actually, Rocka is proportionate to an actual human- he's 24 studs tall, with a 3 stud head, which matches the Renaissance-era belief that a human male is about 8 heads tall (actually, it's closer to 7.5, and it varies depending on the person).The human waist is at 3.5-4 heads down from the top, and Rocka's waist is 11 studs down, or 3.67 heads.Human knees are at 5.5, Rocka's knees are at 16 studs down, or 5.33 heads.Furthermore, human shoulders are about three times the width of the head, and Rocka's are 3.5 times the width of the head (The wider torso piece, at 4.5 times, is disproportionately wide)One arm is too long, and the other has the elbow too low, though, so minus points for that.Admittedly, this is unfairly acting as though LEGO uses human proportions on its constraction figures...I do agree with your other points about him, though.The colors can be easily fixed if you have a spare Rocka (3.0 or otherwise), and the shield issue can be fixed if you use two lower-arm pieces instead of an upper and a lower arm piece, and modify the shield to fit onto the modified arm.

Actually, Rocka is proportionate to an actual human- he's 24 studs tall, with a 3 stud head, which matches the Renaissance-era belief that a human male is about 8 heads tall (actually, it's closer to 7.5, and it varies depending on the person).The human waist is at 3.5-4 heads down from the top, and Rocka's waist is 11 studs down, or 3.67 heads.Human knees are at 5.5, Rocka's knees are at 16 studs down, or 5.33 heads.Furthermore, human shoulders are about three times the width of the head, and Rocka's are 3.5 times the width of the head (The wider torso piece, at 4.5 times, is disproportionately wide)One arm is too long, and the other has the elbow too low, though, so minus points for that.Admittedly, this is unfairly acting as though LEGO uses human proportions on its constraction figures...I do agree with your other points about him, though.The colors can be easily fixed if you have a spare Rocka (3.0 or otherwise), and the shield issue can be fixed if you use two lower-arm pieces instead of an upper and a lower arm piece, and modify the shield to fit onto the modified arm.
Yeah, i just modded him using my 3.0 version, and I extended his arms(My main gripe with them was that the Cannon arm was stupidly short), gave him some better armor on his Cannon arm, and replaced the silver foot with a gold one.I tried using the Black hand from 3.0 instead of his original silver one, but I think I prefer the silver one for some reason(Maybe because black isn't a part of his colour scheme any more than Silver is)~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Toxic Reapa ties with Thornraxx IMO. Toxic Reapa is a very cool set, and the only problem I find with him is that little dip of nothing in his waist. It disrupts his bulky flow. Other than that, he looks pretty great. Thornraxx is a decent insect villain with a nice color scheme. His ADU could've been more balanced, but we're lucky to even get it as a color! Great flow, and overall look. Evo and Rocka are my favorite heroes, both tied. Some might not like Evo, but I love his nicely flowing (and fitting) gunarm. It's a nice little build. The head is nice, and but color scheme would've been perfect with purple though ;__; Rocka doesn't seem to be the best hero ever, but he definitely fits up there. He's got a nice head and his core even matches (I guess). The right arm is nice, and I don't see too much wrong with the silver hand. The crossbow is nice, but the little rambo chain thingy is a bit odd. I don't have him as a set, so I can't judge much on proportion, but I luckily have his parts, and he does seem quite the tall one. I guess this is because of the being a "big" hero thing. But hey, more parts for us! I think more trans green should be involved, as its not spread out enough. The shield I think is proportionate (and the shoulder pad is a nice touch).But yeah, that's like, my opinion man

doom4revalt.png

This is a somewhat inaccurate measure of human proportions, at least compared to what I learned in my drawing classes. The hip joint (or more precisely, the point at which the legs meet the torso) should indeed be about halfway down the height of the figure, and the crotch should extend down slightly lower (your hip joint is around the center of your pelvis, not at the base of it). Thus the total height of the torso and head should be about the same as the total height of the legs. The 2.0 and 3.0 heroes had more realistic proportions, with the hips situated around 10.5 modules down the body.It's possible for a taller hero to be proportionate by the Rennaissance standards we use in a lot of art, but in order to do this they'd have to be around 24 modules tall divided evenly between their torso and legs. And this would require the use of the larger 11x9 torso used for Black Phantom and Fire Lord. Instead, Rocka uses the standard 9x9 torso-- all of his added height comes from his legs only. Hence the somewhat gangly look he shares with Furno and Breez.One of the sets I'm most anxious to get is Breez, but one of the first things I will do with her is see if she looks better as a traditional 21-module or 22-module Hero (from the sketches I have done, it seems like she would). Anyone with a shortage of the smaller bone elements can easily get them through Pick-A-Brick.

2 new videos are on the HF website now, each depicting Rocka and BP (individually). The Rocka vid shows the purple villain again, this time showing the back (2 chest armor pieces in purple!!! :wub: ).

I'm sure the armor on the back won't be on the set (assume he is a set, which is incredibly likely) mainly because other armor pieces wrap fully around the limbs. Plus, on the 2.0 designs, the body armor also wraps around the entire body.However, still, purple pieces are win.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Yeah, all of the sets in the movie have that chest armor doubled up, whereas on the actual sets it's not. He'll just have one, and then likely just have the foot on his back like Rocka (as depicted in the picture as well).-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I really don't like Rocka, as a character.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Y'know in the 'Evo vs Toxic Reapa' video, when Evo is looking for Reapa, who suddenly jumps down and shouts something? Does anyone one know what Toxic Reapa is supposed to be saying? Because I have no idea. It almost sounds like "Through babysitting!" (But he's obviously not saying that.)

Edited by Nuvaguy

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

@ Nuvaguy: Honestly, that's what I hear too. Which I guess could be taken as a question to Evo, asking if he's had enough looking over the villains and making sure they're not causing trouble.If that makes any logical sense.Kalhiki

Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Y'know in the 'Evo vs Toxic Reapa' video, when Evo is looking for Reapa, who suddenly jumps down and shouts something? Does anyone one know what Toxic Reapa is supposed to be saying? Because I have no idea. It almost sounds like "Through babysitting!" (But he's obviously not saying that.)

Yeah, he says "Through babysitting?"

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Okay, so I went on the HF website and something caught my eye. It was Black Phantom's head. His connection point has only half a bushing of space? Never noticed this before, and I fight it odd. Also, it seems he's a bit short compared to the heroes.

doom4revalt.png

Why does Splitface havea hero core?

You are their rock.

It was a bonus piece after all.
Sorry I mean on the Lego.com video...

You are their rock.

It was a bonus piece after all.
Sorry I mean on the Lego.com video...
Not really sure; perhaps the person that created that particular animation was not aware of the fact that the core's merely an extra piece, and decided to include it on the model? It's likely a scenario like that.-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

What does Toxic Reapa even mean by "through babysitting"?

Maybe it's "trouble babysitting?"That is, Reapa is mocking Hero Factory for their failure to keep the villains contained.Though I personally heard the first word as "hello", and have absolutely no idea what the rest of the statement was.

Hey, did anyone else notice that Thornaxx is pretty much a Nui-Rama? Yeah. Teel, buzzing wings, tail. They have the same body shape idea except that Thornaxx has blades instead of claws and a much pointier tail.

Yeah. there are a lot of similarities. It just goes to show that sometimes the older BIONICLE set designs hit upon a concept that couldn't be done too much better-- in this case, the ideal way to simplify a mosquito/bee-like creature to its simplest and most fearsome appearance.Of course, besides the overall physique there are a lot of differences. The Nui-Rama lacks Thornraxx's launcher-mouth, while Thornraxx lacks the Nui-Rama's bulging insect-like eyes. Still, it's nice to see a "re-imagining" of this concept. I imagine if TLG had for any reason wanted to release another Nui-Rama set in BIONICLE before it ended, the end result would have been something like this, with the original Nui-Rama action feature eliminated and replaced with more posable and realistic wings, arms, and tail, and perhaps even a launcher.
Amen.

Takanuvasaurus

i was playing the jailbreak game and noticed some interesting things. (other than the fact that it ran awfully)surges shoulder armor pieces are facing the opposite direction. so they don't look like shoulder spikes.and the hero core seems to be of a different design more like the 2.0/3.0 ones

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group