• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Video Game General (Official)

Xbox Playstation Nintendo PC Games

• Please log in to reply
2328 replies to this topic

#2321 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 11-August 07
  • 7,664 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 31 2015 - 01:42 AM

Because a) half the time it's not literally clones for co-op, and b) you'd have even more people annoyed for other reasons. This franchise is freaking troll bait if you think about it; unless they just do single player content and exclusively side scrollers, someone is going to complain.

#2322 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2015 - 02:03 AM

how is the franchise troll bait? 

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

#2323 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 11-August 07
  • 7,664 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 31 2015 - 02:14 AM

Because no matter what they do, unless they do something exactly right, someone's gonna throw a riot, and everyone's gonna get behind that person. Metroid is something that's like the pinnacle of canon lovers. We even saw this when Other M tried to retcon things from the earlier games, and everyone got up in arms over it(like Samus' reaction to Ridley reviving again, despite us not actually having anything much to go off of in the first games; Zero Mission aside), and just... I can't think right now, it's so late. >>''

#2324 Offline Arzaki

Arzaki
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 18-June 13
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2015 - 04:52 AM

I thought people were more mad over how Samus was portrayed in Other M rather than the storyline.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

"Most quotes on the Internet are not genuine."

-Abraham Lincoln

Regalia, my non-Bionicle (non-text based) RPG. Last updated 8/5/15, next update unestimated

BZPRPG Profiles: Arzaki | Xalu | Zephrys | Raanu | Hiku | Screthel

3DS friend code: 4871-6356-0674

I play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate a lot. I've played about 240 hours. I currently have a G2 permit and am HR 63. PM me if you're interesting in playing multiplayer. I mainly use the switch axe, but I also know how to use longswords and hammers, and kind of know how to use sword and shield.

#2325 Offline Clownpiece

Clownpiece
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 03-December 09
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2015 - 02:05 PM

Can someone explain to me why Nintendo treats Metroid like its fans are Nintendo's estranged ex and Nintendo only shows up every once in a while to pay the bare minimum child support in the form of some sub-par Metroid game that not a single person asked for? .-.

Imagine how F-Zero fans like myself feel, with how little attention F-Zero has gotten outside of Captain Falcon in smash.

2OuvYzN.gif

Gathering misfortune ^-^

#2326 Offline Terminus

Terminus
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 10-July 07
  • 429 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2015 - 05:26 PM

Good news: the normal New 3DS comes out the 25th.
Bad news: it's only the Animal Crossing version, which I don't really want...

Hopefully they'll release a standalone version of the console soon.

khsora546.png
3DS: 4811-7119-1466 / PSN: khsora546 / Nintendo Network & Xbox Live: Terminus2495 / FFXIV: Stella Iris (Famfrit) / PM Me to add me
My Anime List ~ My PSN Profile ~ FFXIV Profile

#2327 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2015 - 08:39 PM

Can someone explain to me why Nintendo treats Metroid like its fans are Nintendo's estranged ex and Nintendo only shows up every once in a while to pay the bare minimum child support in the form of some sub-par Metroid game that not a single person asked for? .-.

Imagine how F-Zero fans like myself feel, with how little attention F-Zero has gotten outside of Captain Falcon in smash.

i had assumed that f-zero was a dead franchise at this point LOL

#2328 Offline Skrade

Skrade
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 07-March 09
  • 931 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2015 - 01:25 PM

They can't do co-op with Samus, or there'd be clones running around, which would break canon even more.

this isn't a problem in any other shooter why is it a problem in metroid?
I don't really have a problem with it, but it does take you out of the immersion sometimes. Halo CE, 2, and 4 have the second-through-fourth players as Master Chief clones. Halo 3 was cool though because Player 2 was the Arbiter and players 3 and 4 were two different Elites.

Heck, you don't necessarily have to have multiple Samus' either. In the expanded canon, there are other people who wield Power Armor, such as Armstrong Houston, so you can just have palette-swapped Power Armor-wearing players.

Honestly, it is a small nit-pick anyway, I don't know why I got so into it XD

ON ANOTHER NOTE, Halo 5 opening cinematic released last night. I can't explain the hype I have for this game (Bonkle 2015 hype levels).

Edited by Skrade, Sep 01 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#2329 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2015 - 05:03 PM

yea i had halo in mind while i was saying that. immersion isn't exactly what you're going for when you're playing co-op anyway 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users