Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

Because a) half the time it's not literally clones for co-op, and b) you'd have even more people annoyed for other reasons. This franchise is freaking troll bait if you think about it; unless they just do single player content and exclusively side scrollers, someone is going to complain.

Because no matter what they do, unless they do something exactly right, someone's gonna throw a riot, and everyone's gonna get behind that person. Metroid is something that's like the pinnacle of canon lovers. We even saw this when Other M tried to retcon things from the earlier games, and everyone got up in arms over it(like Samus' reaction to Ridley reviving again, despite us not actually having anything much to go off of in the first games; Zero Mission aside), and just... I can't think right now, it's so late. >>''

I thought people were more mad over how Samus was portrayed in Other M rather than the storyline.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Can someone explain to me why Nintendo treats Metroid like its fans are Nintendo's estranged ex and Nintendo only shows up every once in a while to pay the bare minimum child support in the form of some sub-par Metroid game that not a single person asked for? .-.

Imagine how F-Zero fans like myself feel, with how little attention F-Zero has gotten outside of Captain Falcon in smash.

I'm just ToaD

Can someone explain to me why Nintendo treats Metroid like its fans are Nintendo's estranged ex and Nintendo only shows up every once in a while to pay the bare minimum child support in the form of some sub-par Metroid game that not a single person asked for? .-.

Imagine how F-Zero fans like myself feel, with how little attention F-Zero has gotten outside of Captain Falcon in smash.

i had assumed that f-zero was a dead franchise at this point LOL

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

They can't do co-op with Samus, or there'd be clones running around, which would break canon even more.

this isn't a problem in any other shooter why is it a problem in metroid?

I don't really have a problem with it, but it does take you out of the immersion sometimes. Halo CE, 2, and 4 have the second-through-fourth players as Master Chief clones. Halo 3 was cool though because Player 2 was the Arbiter and players 3 and 4 were two different Elites.

Heck, you don't necessarily have to have multiple Samus' either. In the expanded canon, there are other people who wield Power Armor, such as Armstrong Houston, so you can just have palette-swapped Power Armor-wearing players.

Honestly, it is a small nit-pick anyway, I don't know why I got so into it XD

ON ANOTHER NOTE, Halo 5 opening cinematic released last night. I can't explain the hype I have for this game (Bonkle 2015 hype levels).

Edited by Skrade

Has anyone tried Total War: Attila? It looks good, but I haven't played a Total War game since Napoleon.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...

Is it worth getting a Wii U at this point in time, with the NX likely coming out next year? I have lots of spendin money, so I'plan just get a Splatoon bundle or something (if that exists).

Edited by Dunkleosteus-San

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Is it worth getting a Wii U at this point in time, with the NX likely coming out next year? I have lots of spendin money, so I'plan just get a Splatoon bundle or something (if that exists).

NX isn't coming out next year

a cheaper version of the wii u which only utilizes digital stuff? yeah, maybe. the NX? haha no.

If you want a Wii U, pick it up. Maybe get the Splatoon or Mario Maker bundle.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

NX is almost definitely not coming out next year considering that Nintendo presumably won't even be revealing any information about it at all until next June.

I dunno. I could see an E3 reveal with a holiday release. Unlikely, but possible.

Yes. You've got SplatoonMario Kart 8Super Mario MakerBayonetta 2, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U all released within the last year with a few more possible hits on the horizon. You've also got the games like Pikmin 3 that were released since launch.

So I have learning a bit more about Chinese history, and I found about a game called 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI [11]'. It has some art I have seen in a Total War mod (covers the same time period), and so I am intrigued about it. Is RotTK11 a good game from anyone's personal impression? Reception section on Wikipedia says people loved it.

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I personally think the best free game anyone could get on the computer is Regalia.

And guess what?

It's right here on BZPower.

Oh. Uh. I'm flattered.

I'm just gunna take this opportunity for self advertising. Link in my signature to Regalia. It's a pretty neat game I guess.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

I am cautiously hopeful for Taken King. If Bungie finally delivers on all their promises, I might just have to get back to the game.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

So I have learning a bit more about Chinese history, and I found about a game called 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI [11]'. It has some art I have seen in a Total War mod (covers the same time period), and so I am intrigued about it. Is RotTK11 a good game from anyone's personal impression? Reception section on Wikipedia says people loved it.

RotTK is a great series. So is the sibling franchise Nobunaga's Ambition.

hElbrZ6.gif

RotTK is a great series. So is the sibling franchise Nobunaga's Ambition.

Funny that I see Nobunaga's Ambition on Steam, but not RotTK. Do you know where I could get it? I buy most, if not all, of my PC games through Steam.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Anyone have any tips on leveling in Destiny without relying on Story? I'm hitting the point where going solo is starting to get annoying, and it's making me really wish story had matchmaking.

Also, one of my friends got me into League of Legends a little while ago, I've been enjoying that despite not really being an RTS fan. Matches are a bit long for my taste, but otherwise it's a pretty fun game. Anyone else here play it?

if you find story annoying i'm assuming you're at that part on venus and mars where the recommended levels are slightly higher than what you're at. to get around this, make sure you're doing your bounties, these can be done on patrol or on repeated missions. everybody neglects those. also do crucible. even if you lose, you still get full xp and the rewards are the same and you might even strike gold and pull an exotic or something. 

Edited by Archer Vonn

Yeah, that's where I am, patrols sound like a good idea for me to do, I did one or two in the past but otherwise I've been exclusively doing story.

I've generally been staying away from Crucible, I gave it a shot around Lv 5 or so and the fact that everyone was 20+ kinda made me want to wait on that, although do levels and stuff really matter in that?

health and weapon damage all scales down, but higher levels will have weapons with better perks so they will have an advantage over you. it's only significant in a few cases though, and you can still compete fairly. 

best thing to do are bounties.

edit: also make sure that you're upgrading your equipment as aggressively as you can. don't be sentimental, your light level can't afford it.

Edited by Archer Vonn

Kings Fall is the best raid yet.

Anyways, I've got a couple of questions (I really hate to be one of those types of people who constantly asks others for help making their decisions): has anyone received a console through the mail before? And I really want an N3DS because the games are cheaper and non-subscription online, but I told my brother that I'd get a Xbone. SoS.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So I bought Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War today. It came with Winter Assault, an expansion. From what I have seen, it looks pretty cool. Now, I have been wanting to play Starcraft (1) for a while now (played it a lot as a child), would this serve as a good replacement?

I also bought Oddworld: New 'n Tasty. To those of you who have played the original game that this game is a remake of, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, how much different is it? With New 'n Tasty, I also got Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. I have been wanting to play these two games for almost a decade now, lets hope that they are as good as I hope they are.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I also bought Oddworld: New 'n Tasty. To those of you who have played the original game that this game is a remake of, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, how much different is it? With New 'n Tasty, I also got Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. I have been wanting to play these two games for almost a decade now, lets hope that they are as good as I hope they are.

I haven't played Abe's Oddysee, but I can tell you that Munch's Oddysee is a fantastic game! I wish it worked on my PC.

IetTsFQ.png

I haven't played Abe's Oddysee, but I can tell you that Munch's Oddysee is a fantastic game! I wish it worked on my PC.

Thanks! I look forward to playing it in the future. Wait, you played Munch without playing Abe's Oddysee or Exodus? Man, you have missed out on how cool Abe is. Did Munch give a summary of what happened before (Exodus did that)?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Thanks! I look forward to playing it in the future. Wait, you played Munch without playing Abe's Oddysee or Exodus? Man, you have missed out on how cool Abe is. Did Munch give a summary of what happened before (Exodus did that)?

It did have some backstory in the beginning, but I don't remember what it covered (it's been a few years since I played it). Although, you do get to play as Abe in Munch's Oddysee, so I'm familiar with the character at least.

IetTsFQ.png

It did have some backstory in the beginning, but I don't remember what it covered (it's been a few years since I played it). Although, you do get to play as Abe in Munch's Oddysee, so I'm familiar with the character at least.

I know, I played a demo of Munch back when it came out. Phwew, that was a long time ago...

Abe's Oddysee is pretty cheap, sale or not, so go try it out sometime.

Abe's Exodus expands the world of Oddworld a lot from Abe's Oddysee. In the Feeco Depot. train station area, there is a closed door that is under maintenance and the sign above it says that the door leads to Vyker's Lab, so nice little easter egg of what is to come right there.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

$100 is too much to buy it on Day One. If the hype is not dead in a couple months I might get it but I want to be sure it's good before sinking in that much money.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Has anyone tried Total War: Attila? It looks good, but I haven't played a Total War game since Napoleon.

Buy Shogun 2 instead.

I have that but haven't installed it yet. I have also played the demo and it feels like a very good game.

However, the Late Antiquity period of the Mediterranean Sea and the Middle East, and surrounding areas, that makes up Total War: Atilla interests me far more then an era of extended civil war on an isolationist island; same disinterested levels with the aforementioned regions placed in Classical Antique times, like Rome 1 & 2, but to a lesser degree. Still want to play Shogun 2 though, game looks great. :D I just need to find what games to remove to make more room (extremely hard decisions).

Edited by Iaredios Paerkenon

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png