BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Darvin

For his part Darvin had been silently listening to the groups discussion. Afterall as a journalist he spent most of his time in silent observation, to avoid allowing his own beliefs and morals to affect the stories. However as they began talking about faith he shook his head faintly. The faith of this island has always been fragile, and at times non-existant. There was always evil afoot, and that evil often chipped away at the faith. Afterall how is one suppose to maintain faith in their heroes or gods when everytime evil is squashed another, possibly greater evil rises to take it's place. It's a never ending cycle really.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Viloz

A chill ran through Viloz's spine as he made eye contact with the Rahkshi. His hand reflexively reached for his mace, but the Rahkshi was already closing in on him with frightening speed, leaving him little to no time for a proper swing. Feeling the urgency of his situation, he let loose a pair of lasers from his eyes, twin beams of searing red light zeroing in on the Rahkshi's chest.

And of course, it dodged them.

Viloz didn't know if this thing had some flair for the dramatic, but he swore something awful when he saw it jump right over the beams and his still kneeling figure, expertly landing behind him with the lightness of a feather. Before he could fully stand up to get away, excruciating pain lit up his left side as the Rahkshi's staff pierced his oblique straight through, leaving an oozing gash that trailed blood as he stumbled out of its reach.

##### ##### ##### #####!

Not daring to look back, he fumbled a green vertigo zamor into his launcher, doing his best to ignore the pain and hoping someone was covering him. They needed a way to compromise the Rahkshi's dodging ability, and a well-placed shot with this sphere would be the end of it. Hitting the target was the problem.

"Iraanus!" he grunted. "Droplets please!"

OOC

Forger, Vandal, Enforcer and Champion from Ta-Wahi

IC Forger

T'was a peaceful and uneventful trip. An evening in the badlands, dawn over Lake Pala and dusk over Kanae. Some joking, relaxed atmosphere and progress. It felt more like we were a group of adventurers and friends traveling the well worn path towards mystery and unknown escapades rather than a mercenary group in financial dire straits.

Might it be time for a change of career path? I'd have to bring it up at a later time.

It was high noon when we approached the temple, perhaps unsurprisingly, we weren't the only people here. A whole host of people were working on rebuilding it and an entire six man group of Toa was talking with a foreign looking character. I stopped perhaps a hundred meters from the clearing and turned to the group. "There are a lot of people on the surface here. Not quite what I was expecting. Thoughts on how to proceed?"

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer.

"Perhaps we should gather intel?" I suggest, "See what they know?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Lehti (Kini-Nui | With the Toa Akari, the recluse and Darvin)

After much rumination, Lehti was coming to a conclusion. "I think we shouldn't go into Mangaia, not yet at least, and instead focus on restoring people's faith in their god and possibly make allies at the same time. True evil might not dwell here, but instead in people's hearts."

She turned to look at Tsuda, Akili and Tio. "You three still haven't voted on whether or not we should go into Mangaia. What do you think?"

IC: Dartakh (Near Kini-Nui | With Forger, Vandal and Enforcer)

The Vortixx hadn't laughed or even smiled during the trip. He didn't even smile when his trap had worked and as a result the group had eaten roasted Rahi meat for breakfast. Most of the time he had remained silent and emotionless, like a true outsider.

"Do you think they look like crazy people who live in dark tunnels?" He said to Enforcer first and turned to face the other two, "They probably know just as much as we do. Perhaps we should just wait until some of them leave, or possibly find another way into the tunnels. Or we could just enter the tunnels now and pretend they don't even exist. Why would they care about us?"

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vandal - Outside Kini

"Trouble is," I say, "We don't know their allegiances. They could very well be Makky-worshipers and not give #### 'bout us going down there. On the other hand, they could be holier-than-thou 'heroes' who might challenge us for blinking wrong."

Kathok

IC:

As the rahkshi's staff slashed through Viloz's side, Iraanus' finger froze on the trigger. Too much of a risk at the moment. He swung the loaded gun back to its place at his side and raised both hands, drawing on Rhow's power to fill the air around the beast with droplets of water.

"Rhow, help me out here!" Catching his meaning, the other Ga-Skakdi raised her hands as well, holding the droplets in the air as Iraanus drew a pair of knives and threw them at the rahkshi in quick succession. Unsurprisingly, neither struck its mark - the creature ducked under the first and performed a sort of backflip over the path of the second, twisting in midair and advancing leisurely toward Iraanus upon landing. Rivulets of water streamed off the rahkshi's sleek armor as it moved forward - Viloz would have to act quickly.

Q2TtLEz.png

Viloz dropped to a knee, breathing hard and fast. Focusing his energy on the atmosphere, the cave's interior gradually took on a bit of a nip, its temperature dropping further and further to the point of freezing. He could see his own breath at this point, and the Rahkshi's armour, slick with moisture, began to turn crystalline in appearance, ice frosting over and cracking against its joints as it struggled to keep moving.

The cold wasn't enough to stop it in its track, but the son of Makuta slowed down significantly, confused and astonished at how sluggish it had become. Feeling the window closing on him, Viloz took the shot, watching earnestly as the green sphere sailed towards its target.

C'mon, c'mon, c'mon...

Half expecting a dodge, he whooped in triumph as the zamor hit its mark, a green gaseous sort of energy briefly enveloping the Rahkshi. It wobbled for a moment, almost losing its footing before planting its staff into the ground for support, even more confused than it had been before. When it looked at them, its eyes couldn't seem to focus for more than a couple of seconds and whenever it tried to move, it swayed off balance.

If they were going to get this thing, now was the time.

IC: Taoki - Kini-Nui

With grit teeth Taoki took a deep breath and let loose his weapons. Two knives flew past Viloz, quickly followed by a second pair. They flipped through the air with great accuracy; every blade was aimed for the rahkshi's face and head. With baited breath the runt-skakdi waited for his knives to hit their mark.

IC: Tio - Kini-Nui Above Ground

"No," I said resolutely, "We can't go in without knowing more."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC Forger

"They look like workers more than anything else, I don't think they're going to mind us either way." It was hard to expect much less than indifference when half the group was sitting around eating muffins and chatting like some invisible water cooler was in their midst. "Let's circle around the temple."

The decision paid off. Soon enough, Rehkyt spotted a dark hole in the side of the temple. We approached cautiously. The wound opened into a dark and steeply descending tunnel, the atmosphere inside was cold and damp. Even from the treeline, the gloom was like an unseen noose. "That looks to be our ticket in."

IC Tsuda

"Tio has got the right of it. Best to stay put, gain our bearings. Learn from the locals : Legends, information, culture, music." His eyes darted to the reporter in the midst of his rambling. "Food."

...but close to it

IC: Akili.

"Stop thinking with your stomach," she chided, "I'm supposed to be the childish one, not you."

"With all due respect," I say cautiously, "I'd prefer not to jump into a dank hole in the ground without at least getting some kind of Intel about what might be down there. Are you sure we shouldn't at least talk to the people out here before we go in?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She chuckled at Akili's words and turned to face Kajak. "It is decided, then. We're not going down there, not now at least. So where shall we go next?"

IC: Champion (Near Kini-Nui | With Enforcer, Vandal and Forger)

"Aren't we supposed to be secretive? I bet that if we appeared before that group some of them would spread the word. Soon our unseen and unknown enemies might find out that we entered the underworld, and I doubt that is what Zero wants to happen. Even if it won't, some people will be curious, ask questions and notice that we're lying. Miira.. Someone told me that it's very difficult to tell believable lies face to face. Lies will raise suspicion, and suspicion will lead into trouble. I think we should just go. Four professional warriors should be able to overcome any obstacles."

OoC: I guess I should use his codename like you guys do for your own characters

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Did I ever tell you the story of how I wound up on this island?" I reply with a low growl, "I'll give you the short version: because I didn't take the time to gather Intel, I wound up stabbed in the gut, tossed into the ocean in the middle of a storm, and left to drown." 

My hand trailed over the scar, tracing its shape over my armour. "And then my best friend lost his karzing eye because I wasn't there to help him when he needed me." 

IC: Champion (Kini-Nui | With Enforcer, Vandal and Forger)

"One time Tasher asked too many questions and was beheaded after being maimed", he snapped, "We all have our tragic tales that we might think taught us a lesson. The truth is that we know nothing about those people, and how they will react to us asking questions. I think it's less risky to just go and be careful down there. Like I said, four strong warriors can overcome any obstacles that might appear."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Forger

"Six stronger warriors than us went down there once, they never came back. Enforcer is right." I turned to Rehkyt. "I'd say you're the most inconspicuous of us. Go back to the front of the temple, talk with the people there. Your mask will make it easy enough to escape if need be."

...but close to it

IC: Kajak (Kini-Nui)

Kajak, still seated on his log, noticed yet another group, this time a ragtag quartet consisting of a pair of Toa and a pair of Vortixx approaching the temple. "More company," the Po-Toa said to no one in particular, nodding at the newcomers. 

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Vandal - Kini

"We're treasure-hunters, adventurers, explorers," I reply effortlessly - it's a guise I've used many times: neutral, and unlikely to be against anyone, while at the same time not having a negative or immoral feeling to it. "We've been exploring the land 'round here for days, searching for loot rumoured to lie nearby."

Kathok

My expression turns serious. "These are...difficult times. I'm afraid to say that we have been attacked by bandits and-" I do a quick assessment of the toa, and take a risk, "-Makuta Worshipers on more than one occasion."

Kathok

IC: Kajak (Kini-Nui)

"Fair enough, then. My team and I-" he gestured at the other five Akari- "are new on this island. We're just trying to do some good in the world, despite some people being more concerned about their own stomachs." Kajak glared at Tsuda.

VBWj75sh.png

"I like to see a good old fashioned toa team," (I don't) "And I can also recognise the importance of food." I continue with a grin. It would be important to ease into this slowly - getting to the point faster than naturally came would be a dead giveaway, possible in more than a metaphorical sense.

Kathok

IC: Champion (Near Kini-Nui | With Forger and Enforcer)

The Vortixx glared at Forger when he declared his decision, but had already learned half a century ago that complaining about a leader's decision may lead into trouble. He turned to observe Vandal after spitting on the ground. "This will go horribly wrong", he muttered to himself silently.

She examined the stranger who had arrived with some friends, uncertain if he should be trusted. His facial expressions, his 'smile' especially, seemed to be fake and when he had told about being attacked, there had been a pause, possibly used for coming up with a believable lie. But Lehti was still uncertain, so she decided to test the Toa.

"You were attacked by Makuta worshippers? Where and how many of them attacked? It's our duty to fight darkness, so I would like to know where we may find these evil men and women."

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

From the look this Bo-Toa had been giving me, I had expected something like this; "More than once, but most recently between the borders of Ta- and Ko-Wahi." I reply. "At least they looked like Makuta-Worshipers - y'know, tall, dark and gloomy, weird powers etc. etc." The last part was borrowed from our encounter with the two Makuta-Worshipers near Ko-Koro...

Edited by 000

Kathok

"They haven't drawn their weapons yet," I say softly, still optimistic, "He's a good talker." 

IC: the recluse

Body language had become an alien thing to the nameless Toa during his long seclusion. To him, this Toa looked as earnest as a Gukko crying for a mate. He disdained of treasure hunting, however, as he did many of the islanders' current occupations. There was treasure all around them in the beauty of nature. Why were so many incapable of realizing that?

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Lehti (Kini-Nui | With the Toa Akari, the recluse, Darvin and Vandal)

Perhaps this Toa wasn't a liar after all. "Very well, we'll be sure to check near that border, right Kajak?" she glanced at the leader of her team and turned back to look at Vandal. "Could you tell us where else you were attacked?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Hmmm..." I say to buy me a second to think, "Let's see...Well, we were ambushed near Ihu-koro by a small group of brigands, though I'm not sure if they worshiped Makuta or just Money..." I continue, inventing wildly, "And we were attacked by some raiders in the Charred Forest, and later a few miles from Ko-Koro...Before that, I can't remember the specifics - you'd be surprised how many outlaws are out there. Mercenaries and such, you know..." I never knew I was so creative :D

Kathok

IC: Darvin Le'Neer

Darvin turned towards the new member to the group, eyeing him up as he talked. With a smile he extended his right arm, palm up towards his face while his left hand kept the now-empty muffin basket at his side.

"Was there little combat involved or does your group have a healer amongst their ranks? I ask because you seem rather unscathed for as many battles you have been in such short time."

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Dazed and unfocused, the Rahkshi couldn't keep its vision from swaying uncontrollably while trying to maintain balance at the same time. It recoiled slightly as one knife scraped its forehead, quickly followed by a second that left a small dent. It hissed almost pitifully, the sound cut short as the second pair of knives penetrated its armoured casing, piercing the Kraata inside

It twitched, one final attempt at resistance before the metal suit turned still and crumbled to the floor, blood seeping from its face.

An eerie quietness signalled the Horde's victory.

OOC: And done. No need to drag this on indefinitely.

"We learnt fighting the hard way." I say grimly after a split-second pause. "But we did visit a healer in Ihu-Koro after our last battle." I manage to resist the urge to say 'So, about this treasure." Once again, as much as I'm itching to get straight to the point, all that would do would be make them suspicious. I settle on saying - "So, are you toa here to battle evil or some such malevolent force?"

Kathok

IC: Darvin

Darvin cocked his head to the side in consideration as he listened to Vandal's story. He placed his arms behind his back and walked around Vandal, seemingly looking over him carefully

"Firstly, I am not a toa, but Lesterin, secondly I'm not actually part of this group. The names Darvin Le'Neer, and I'm a Journalist. It's my job to report the unbias truth and sort out the fiction... Oh and I also make muffins." He added as an afterthought

OOC: Would Vandal have any immediately noticeable scars?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Rhow):

The Skakdi kept up the tension the fight had caused in her body for a little longer, eyes fixed upon the Rahkshi like a predator eyeing its prey. Then, when the creature hit the ground, she relaxed, letting out a series of deep breaths. 

Moving forward, she crouched next to the Rahkshi, using her blade to pry open the panels the formed the head of the thing. Reaching inside her clawed hand found the head of the Kraata and she ripped the slug out of its casing and immediately bisected it to make sure it was dead. She tossed the carcass aside into the darkness and turned to Taoki.

"We got one. So what's next in your plan?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png