Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi


  • Please log in to reply
7894 replies to this topic

#7881 Offline Krayzikk

Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

  • 16-September 08
  • 14,167 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2018 - 04:43 PM

IC:

Eisen's situation was growing a little more complicated.

 

Stannis' attack was simple enough. The Fe-Toa's left foot dropped back, twisting his stance with it to bring his side out of the halberd's arc. Blocking a strike like that, force against force, was inefficient. An amateur would meet it, a seasoned professional knew better. His sword danced out, striking its haft to push the strike away even further from his body. The same backstep that shifted him out of harm's way interposed his shield arm between himself and his opponent, in case Stannis tried to follow up with a different strike. This was an opportunity, with the Po-Toa's weapon extended, that he would have preferred to capitalize on. 

 

But yet another Toa joined the fray, sparing his ally from Eisen's attack. A Kakama user, clearly. The cloak at Eisen's side snapped up like a thing alive, batting the board out of the air but the Sentinel was already closing in at great speed. By himself, little threat. But he could take precious attention that he needed in order to match the Maru. The time for restraint, for discretion, had rapidly disappeared. Obfuscation would serve no purpose if it brought him to harm. Stopping the Fe-Toa was almost an afterthought, a simple activation of his mask solved the problem. The Toa went from rapid forward motion to thrown backward, struck by a great unseen force, quickly enough to cause whiplash. Such a rapid change in acceleration wasn't good for the body. In the best case, he would need a moment to recover from the air being so violently forced from his lungs. And the feeling of hitting the ground. 

 

That was one problem solved, for the moment. But until the other followers in the village arrived, he was still outnumbered.

 

As much as he disliked Lantz, the Ba-Toa was keeping some of the other Toa occupied. That needed to continue. The enemy Fe-Toa would not be able to concentrate, not for a moment, so he 'grabbed' the same board he had thrown at Eisen by the nails and hurled it at the Toa of Air's head. She was so focused on pinning Lantz with her element, the Ba-Toa drawing her attention away from him, that she wouldn't see it coming until it was too late. It was too much to hope for that such an impact would kill her, but disrupt her? That it would do. And Lantz would again be free. Perhaps the Ba-Toa could be competent enough to use her disorientation to finish the job. The Matoran in the fray was brave, Eisen could admit that much. But if it was required, he would target the diminutive being in a heartbeat. It would occupy his attackers trying to save him. Lantz would make the same decision, he suspected.

 

He only needed to keep them all at bay for a few minutes. The tide of cultists and mercenaries was closing in, and then the tide would turn.

 

IC:

"Three minutes," Krayn hissed, using his element to ensure his allies could still hear him. His gaze was trained on the distant street, where the enemy was beginning to come into view. He could slow them, a little, but they were far too many to keep occupied for very long. "We all need to be ready to go by the-"

The Toa of Air jumping up onto the roof, an unconscious foreigner in tow, cut him off. The former Guardsman trained a revolver on his head immediately, finger on the trigger.

 

"And who are you?"


  • 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG


#7882 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

  • 12-September 06
  • 2,215 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2018 - 11:53 PM

IC:

 

As soon as Fyura got a grip on the Maru, her energy drain kicked in. Fyura's hands glowed as she siphoned off strength from the Maru. She grinned for a split second, before the Maru's other foot nearly dislocated her jaw. Fyura crumpled to the floor, still maintaining her grip. Fyura crawled forward, grabbing at one of Leah's arms. If she could just get her in a lock, she was done for.

 

Of course, Vayde reminded her that there was a very easy way to quickly end this. Fyura mentally waved him off; if she could take down a Maru with naught but the gifts Makuta had given her, she'd be a legend. But, then again, she was only living a half-life.

 

Might as well.

 

Fyura's spines grew rigid and knobbly, and her entire body twisted. The bonded skakdi grinned as her face elongated and her shoulders bulked up. Her arms, already long, grew even longer to keep pace with the rest of her body, and her feet extended to digitigrade lengths. With her new strength, she tried to hold the Ga-Toa down as she bit at her, trying to gain an additional point to drain energy.

 

IC:

 

Cyrix raised his free hand above his head, taking a look at who was aiming something at his head. "Cyrix, Toa Kalta. I've been watching the Legacy long enough to know you aren't them, and I think we're on your side."

 

Below, Skorm was making his way towards Lantz, slowly. The looming Ba-Toa drew his saber. When Skyra commanded everyone to attack, he paused, quickly deciding on an approach that would be harder to deflect than simply using his powers to throw rock. Skorm, tensed, then warped gravity around him to augment a running jump, swinging his protosteel saber at the opposing Ba-Toa.


  • 0

BZPRPG Profiles

TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix

OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia

"They belong in a museum!"

"So do you!"


#7883 Offline EmperorWhenua

EmperorWhenua
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 23-December 05
  • 9,703 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 31 2018 - 01:44 AM

IC: Stannis

Eisen's reaction to Stannis' attack may have been influenced and hampered by the attacks from the other heroes in the chamber, but regardless, he fit the expectations Stannis had for the swordsman. Eisen was too clever to use his sword to fully meet the halberd, and such a strategy was doomed anyhow as there was no way he could have resisted the power of such an attack with just his sword. Stannis already recognized that Eisen possessed no incredible strength such as what he had displayed by smashing the throw boulder away; his strength was an act assisted by unnatural means and Stannis was not afraid of it. Eisen, like every other man of the blade, had to rely on quickness and cunning.

Stannis apppeared to ignore the sight of the Sentinel, who he thought he recognized as Kale, who was flung back from Eisen seemingly effortlessly. The veteran Maru's focus was on Eisen, and specifically understanding what he was up against before the tides became less muddled and all the advantages Stannis was enjoying fell away. Sooner or later, this fight was to become more singular, he knew. There was no way the resurgent freedom fighters in Ko-Koro could keep their minor foothold.

Simultaneous with Kale being thrown back like a doll, Stannis acted. His halberd was a comparatively large weapon, but he handled it deftly. Eisen had directed the tip of the polearm away and pulled his shield up in a protective stance, and in response Stannis simply disengaged from Eisen's sword side, moved a step to the opposite side, and swerved the weapon's blade low on Eisen's shield flank, threatening to slice his unprotected ankles with an effortlessness Eisen couldn't have expected from a toa known for his almost lumbering speed.

Determined to gain even the slightest advantage against his foe, Stannis hoped to leverage every opportunity he had to fuly gauge Eisen's abilities. His tellnothing damnably grey eyes still drank Eisen in—his every move, gesture, and strategy—hoping to find something to exploit later, and bored into Eisen’s own eyes.


IC: Sigrus, the Camerlengo

"Hopefully we made it in time," Nichou said.

The bells tolled then, relaying the time of day down to the village and across mio in every direction in a chiming cacophony. The camerlengo inclined his head towards the belltower. "We did," he said with a proud little grin, then went for a side entrance into the brownstone monastery.

Edited by EmperorWhenua, Sep 01 2018 - 02:21 AM.

  • 0

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

 

Of all the things you're about to lose, this will be the most painful

Au revoir my little memories.


#7884 Offline SnowyAegis

SnowyAegis
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

  • 07-October 14
  • 964 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2018 - 03:40 AM

IC: Arankhe

Everyone had, for the moment, seemingly chosen to ignore Arankhe's presence in the warehouse. More the fool were they. She had planned on joining the apparent offensive dogpile her allies, and a handful of other newcomers that had arrived to help, were making against Lantz.
That was, until Kale became a ragdoll physics display sailing through the air. Her priority here was keeping her allies on their feet, not taking anyone down. That was secondary, and there was already several enough people fighting.

Arankhe jolted into motion, boots thumping into the ground as she reached out to catch Kale with her sword arm, making sure her blade was angled nowhere that could hurt him. Skewering her own allies was both humiliating and counter-productive, after all.


  • 0
aBlR6jE.png
My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!
Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

#7885 Offline Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Savage Rockslide Awakened

  • 09-March 06
  • 10,617 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 31 2018 - 12:18 PM

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro warehouse basement]:

There was a brief moment of dizziness, like that second after standing up too fast, the Skakdi’s hands glowing.

So that’s your trick...

She had to break the physical contact. Then her opponent grinned and her body started to shift, the parakuka triggering its parasitic abilities. While she didn’t manage to yank her foot from the iron hold on her ankle, the transformation still took enough time that the Toa could bring up her weapon and shove it into the oncoming open jaws.

Drain this...

The only thing the Skakdi would get a mouthful of was the end of her protodermis staff - and the blast of water she triggered at point blank.

  • 0


smaugbanner.jpg


#7886 Offline Monika

Monika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Dark Hunters Attack

  • 07-April 03
  • 9,729 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2018 - 02:27 PM

IC: Skyra

 

What happened? Those were the first thoughts that came into my head as I found myself collapsed on the cold, snowy ground. I honestly couldn't remember how I got down here. I let out an involuntary groan as my hands immediately went to the left side of my head, I felt sharp pain with sudden intensity. What was going on here? What had I been doing again? 

 

Ah...that's right. We were attacking that mongrel... I'd been pinning the beast to that wall, but that still didn't explain what had happened to me though. A glance towards my left cleared that up pretty quickly. There laying in the snow as a now bloody board with some nails in it. Wait blood?! Whose blood!?

 

I pulled a hand away from my aching head and figured it out. Ah...of course. This revelation only seem to serve in making me feel worse however as I tried to sit up, I felt dizzy. ###### got me good...

 

!!! Despite the pain I immediately went on alert, looking around, I was extremely vulnerable right now...this was really bad. Still clutching my head wound with my left hand, my right went for my hoster. I was in pain and dizzy, but I could still shoot someone if they got too close...once. Things are only gonna get worse from here, aren't they? 

 

A loud, yet distant cry of a Kahu considerably improved my mood. Destiny was coming, it wouldn't be long now. There was a way for the others to escape! Just have to hold out a little longer...


  • 0

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 


#7887 Offline Azibo

Azibo
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 03-October 05
  • 545 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2018 - 04:23 PM

IC:

 

A chunk of scrap flew past Azza before connecting with the head of the Le toa.  She went down, hard.  The maelstrom forcing Lantz against the wall was subsiding, but first, Azza's disk cut through the icy air and slammed into the toa of gravity- or at least it would have, had he not raised his arms to block the Kanoka.  But while the dark toa was defending himself from Azza's disk, another toa of gravity used his powers to shoot himself like an arrow straight towards Lantz!

 

Azza stopped reaching for another disk, instead falling back on his butt.  He was tired, and the adrenaline pumping through his purple and black body was starting to weaken.  He sat and looked; to his left, Eisen and Stannis were rapidly exchanging blows, to his right, this one evil toa was pinned and seemingly on the verge of defeat.  Azza had tried to affect the battle, but seemed only to be mildly distracting his foes.  Still, he hoped that last disk would grant just the opening needed to finish of Lantz.  Everyone could surround Eisen, then.  So Azza sat, and looked, and waited.  Either the gravity toa on the wall would surrender or be killed by the gravity toa soaring towards him, or the heroes would be stalled until too many Makuta worshipers arrived, dooming them all to death- or worse.  Azza's resolve strengthened, and though his hands were numb he knew they were balled into fists.  Azza waited for the right moment to involve himself in the fight again...


Edited by Azibo, Aug 31 2018 - 04:24 PM.

  • 0

When I was little I was with a friend and his mom.  We were at Wal-mart.  She bought him a Bionicle.  She offered to buy me something too.  I wanted a mask pack.  I was polite.  I said "No thank you."  There is no worse regret in life.


#7888 Offline Rorschach the Absolute

Rorschach the Absolute
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

  • 19-December 13
  • 721 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2018 - 12:44 AM

IC Veneras

 

The fight for Ko Koro. The fight of Veneras' life. 

Long had he studied in the halls of the sanctum, long had he patrolled the walls of its gates. Long had he mourned for her loss. Long had he dreamed of her liberation. For Ko Koro; for Mata Nui. 

 

The minions of the darkness would be in no short supply, but this was his home. He was in his element, and he would have his revenge. 


Edited by Rorschach the Absolute, Sep 06 2018 - 12:41 PM.

  • 0
640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg
--Character Profiles--
||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

#7889 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

  • 12-September 06
  • 2,215 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2018 - 11:42 PM

IC:

 

When Fyura felt the staff being shoved into her mouth, she instinctively bit down to prevent it from choking her out. She hadn't tested that in the transformation, but she was pretty sure she still needed to breath. Fortunately for her teeth, her new strength was enough to let her jaw hold the staff; unfortunately for her, it wasn't the end of it.

 

Despite her added bulk, Fyura was still bowled back by the sudden spout of water. She clambered to her feet, vomiting up what water she had accidentally swallowed. Spotting her axe, she grabbed that with one hand and slid back on the handle, handling it much easier than she had when she dropped it to grapple the Toa.

 

Spitting out one last mouthful of water, the Skakdi grinned, dripping wet. "Karnak, it was rude of me not to ask you which of our guests you wanted to accomodate."


  • 0

BZPRPG Profiles

TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix

OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia

"They belong in a museum!"

"So do you!"


#7890 Offline Rorschach the Absolute

Rorschach the Absolute
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

  • 19-December 13
  • 721 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 06 2018 - 12:36 PM

IC Veneras

The gate around Ko Koro was impregnable. Or, so the Ko Koronans would have you believe. As a member of the Sanctum Guard, Veneras was privy to the secret tunnels and passageways. As he shimmied through a passageway-which he swore was once much larger- he remembered hiding as a Matoran in here to have a quick draft of his pipe.

The air was cold. Not cold in a comforting way; not cold as Ko Koro should be. This was different. This was darkness. Nothingness. Void.
"Makuta" he hissed to himself. The pagans were here. A sudden clammer came from one of the warehouses. He turned quickly to face the decrepit building, preparing to charge.  Veneras took a quick look around, fear taking that usual residence in the back of his neck. He had to shake it off. He came here to take back his home, and conflict meant a chance to fight. He only hoped he would know who was the enemy.

 

A small cluster of bodies lay writhing in the snow outside the warehouse, that seemed like as good a path as any. Veneras cautiously made his towards the entrance, careful not to disturb the recovering invaders.
 

Battle! Finally. As a philosopher, Veneras feigned a distaste for violence; but he was still a toa, still a warrior. He cursed himself for the grin that edged at just the corner of his lips; the briefest expression of joy. Looking to his left he drew his sword and--

 

It can’t be…’

 

Stannis Maru. Veneras took an instinctive step back. He had never been in the presence of one so great. He looked to the right to see more combat. Once again he readied his sword and- Clank a sudden noise demanded the Ko Toa’s attention.

Where did that come from?” he demanded under his breath, tempted to shout and further compromise his less-than-stealthy entrance. He took a quick look around. In the dim light he saw little, and just as he began to redirect his attention to the battle of gravity the shadows began to shift. He redirected his sword at the unidentified shape rising to its feet. A Matoran? What was he doing here? Veneras surveyed his fellow warriors in the throes of battle, then shifted his attention back to the matoran. “Karz!” he spat. Veneras wanted to involve himself in the battle; to save his home from these Makuta Worshipers. He wanted to fight. But he was a Toa. He was sworn to protect the Matoran. What he wanted no longer mattered.

 

He placed his hand gently on the black and purple matoran’s shoulder, “Come on," he whispered encouragingly, "I’m getting you out of here


  • 0
640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg
--Character Profiles--
||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

#7891 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 18-June 06
  • 2,162 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 06 2018 - 06:23 PM

IC:

 

The Toa of Nuissance - or Air, rather - had been battered down with Eisen's help. Perhaps Lantz would thank his fellow Dark Toa for the aid after they'd killed these Toa invaders and the Maru leaders. Or perhaps he wouldn't. Lantz had some time to decide. 

 

What he didn't have time for, however, was to think.

 

Skyra may have been near concussed and bumbling on the floor with her blunderbuss but that still left the the intruders room to manoeuvre and attack. The Matoran had thrown a disk, and Lantz' opposite Toa of Gravity was lunging at him with a sabre. One of Lantz' own blades had fallen to the floor, which left three more on his person.

 

Running more on instinct than actual cognitive thinking, Lantz activated his Kanohi and whipped out a dagger. His Jutlin degraded the throwing disk as it flew through the air, and when it finally hit him it disintegrated into dust. The metal dagger, on the other hand, parried Skorm's blade and led it down a path to the side of Lantz' body. The sabre didn't kill him, but it did manage to cut a long and thin wound down Lantz' arm not holding the dagger.

 

He growled at the searing pain and spat at Skorm.

 

"Filthy Mata-Nui worshipper! You shall fall like your false god!" he hissed.

 

Lantz didn't bother to become locked in a sword fight with Skorm. Instead, he seamlessly reduced his own weight and jumped - practically soared - across the room. He used his powers again mid-flight on a new target, the kanoka-throwing Matoran, reducing Azza's weight as well. He hooked his arm beneath Azza and the pair began to soar a few feet away, toward the wall of the warehouse. Lantz started to return his weight to normal before he even started descending.

 

He lifted his dagger toward Azza, though it was still several handbreadths from the Matoran's neck.

 

"Ba Toa, Le toa, all you self-righteous fools. Stop moving, or this Matoran's story ends now."


Edited by Toa Fanixe, Sep 12 2018 - 03:10 PM.

  • 1
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#7892 Offline Azibo

Azibo
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

  • 03-October 05
  • 545 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 06 2018 - 07:40 PM

Azza was tired.  Tired of going to sleep every night fearful of how he might wake.  Tired of the abuse of those Makuta worshipers who plagued the city.  Tired of his detachment from the world of Mata Nui.  Most of all, Azza was tired from his perilous dash towards freedom.  The parts of his body not too frozen to feel were aching.  Azza saw the two gravity powerhouses lock against the wall.  He wanted to get up, to fight again, but he couldn't.  Azza sat in the bloody slush.  Out of the corner of his Rau, he saw Stannis Maru engage Eisen once more, but before his head stopped turning, all his senses became a blur.  Azza felt a Kane-Ra charge into his chest.  Then only the wall behind him and the knife at his throat.

 

"Ba Toa, Le toa, all you self-righteous fools. Stop moving, or this Matoran's story ends now."

 

Azza looked out at the half-dozen fighters assembled.  The tracks on the floor.  Smashed crates, even craters in the floor.  Cautiously, he tilted his eyes up enough to see Lantz's proud chin protruding from under his Jutlin.  Instinctively, Azza shuddered at his power and tried to make himself as small as possible- to go away, back to a safe place.  When his eyes looked down, though, he caught the eyes of someone new, and this stranger reached out and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

 

Come on, I’m getting you out of here.

 

Azza couldn't fight anymore.  He let this toa of ice's hand suddenly grip and yank his limp body.  In a flash, Azza was free from Lantz' blade- but not Lantz himself.  Lantz reacted with a grab just as quick as the first, except he didn't attach himself to Azza's shoulder.  Lantz held Azza by his mask, so when he pulled to take his hostage back, he instead ripped off Azza's Rau!  Lantz stumbled back half a step, while Azza fell into his rescuer and they both fell back into the crevice between those large, neglected crates and the wall.  His senses began to blur once more...


Edited by Azibo, Sep 06 2018 - 08:16 PM.

  • 1

When I was little I was with a friend and his mom.  We were at Wal-mart.  She bought him a Bionicle.  She offered to buy me something too.  I wanted a mask pack.  I was polite.  I said "No thank you."  There is no worse regret in life.


#7893 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 18-June 06
  • 2,162 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 12 2018 - 03:22 PM

IC:

 

Lantz hadn't seen the Toa of Ice enter the warehouse, nor had he seen him approach himself the Matoran hostage. When Veneras yanked Azibo away Lantz nearly dropped his dagger, reflexively reaching forward with his other arm to grab at Azibo and prevent him from being rescued. He was a fraction of a second too slow - the Matoran slipped through Lantz' fingers, his fingers grasping for anything, something - his mask! - to keep the hostage close. And then the Matoran was gone, too far, pulled away from Lantz reach. But the Dark Toa's hand had found something, clenched it in a strong grip.

 

The Matoran's Kanohi.

 

He placed it carefully beneath his tunic nestled by his chest, hiding it from view.

 

"Leave this place now and I will spare your lives today. Perhaps I'll even give back the pitiful Matoran his mask. Stay, and your lives are forfeit" he told the assembled Toa.

 

 

ooc: Apologies about the previous post. I think I had some ideas of what I wanted to do, but I didn't quite write it out properly and made it seem pretty bad. I edited to fit with Azibo's post. Sorry again.


  • 1
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#7894 Offline Rorschach the Absolute

Rorschach the Absolute
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

  • 19-December 13
  • 721 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2018 - 03:41 PM

IC Veneras

The Toa of Ice wavered as the matoran fumbled back onto him, forcing Veneras off his feet. He watched in silent observation as the other hid the matoran’s mask away beneath his shameful tunic.

"Leave this place now and I will spare your lives today.” The toa growled. Veneras couldn’t hide his disgust, try as he might. The Toa of gravity -although Veneras couldn’t even be sure that it was a Toa- was uncomfortable to look at. Twisted. Wrong. Beastial. His legs curved like some primitive rahi. Ven tried to gain his composure; he could not allow himself to become distracted by the outward appearance. Until the other showed him his mind was equally primitive, he would show the rahi-toa dignity. “Perhaps I'll even give back the pitiful Matoran his mask. Stay, and your lives are forfeit"

The philosopher furrowed his eyes, studying the other
‘He has the opportunity for violence, but forgoes it.’ He observed to himself. ‘His body stance holds’ his internal monologue paused, searching for the right words ‘hesitant aggression.’ he continued, ‘It remains unclear if this hesitation is from tact or cowardice. More information is required.’ The former Sanctum Guardsman got to his feet, still holding the now-weakened matoran in his arms hoping to make an obvious target for a sudden gravitational increase.
“I will not.” He said with the cool calm befitting a Toa of his own elemental disposition. “This place” He gestured with his chin, using the soft rotation of his neck to imply the entire area surrounding “is sacred. Consecrated, if you will.” His voice remained cool, with an upward tonal movement at the end of each sentence, the firmness of his consonants contrasting to the milky fade of his vowels; more suitable to a lecture or the friendly debate of old friends than the dialogue of combat.
“Instead, I suggest that you leave this place. I’m sure you will find it is of no value to you. It requires a certain… wisdom to appreciate.” he articulated calmly, “Which your kind clearly lacks.” His words didn’t mean to offend, but also did not make an effort avoid provocation, he simply valued truth over tact. He locked eyes with his opponent with genuine respect, patiently awaiting his response.


Ooc: on mobile. I'll go in and edit the format when I get off work.

Fanixe, thanks for rolling with the punches! Appreciate your help keeping things moving. Btw, I'm really interested to see where this goes.

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute, Sep 14 2018 - 11:10 AM.

  • 0
640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg
--Character Profiles--
||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

#7895 Offline BULiK

BULiK
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

  • 23-July 08
  • 3,097 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 16 2018 - 01:15 AM

IC:

 

The Onu-Koronan followed the camerlengo through the side entrance.  The door was so mundane compared to the surrounding view that Nichou had never taken much notice of it before in his time at the Massif.  Past the corridor was a cramped hallway, at the opposite end of which was a room where several bookshelves could be seen under the dim glow of lightstones, each row laden with tidily aligned books.  The stone walls of the passageway were barren, the smooth surface only interrupted by the occasional opening leading to an equally obscure hallway.  The camerlengo abrubtly took a left turn, blue cloak fluttering behind the matoran as he ascended a spiral staircase.  Nichou continued to follow, trying to keep pace with the camerlengo.  At every full rotation of the stairs was a porthole blowing the crisp breeze into the narrow staircase.  Nichou wasn't sure how many steps the two matoran had walked, or how many were left before their destination.  Hopefully the stairs would end soon, but he did not know whether that would happen after rounding the next corner or a dozen more.  The camerlengo managed to keep a brisk pace, seemingly never once unsure of which unmarked doorway was their destination.

"You haven't told me your name," interjected the carpenter, his voice rising above the echoes of their footsteps.


IC:
 

Quoribay could still hear the alarms blaring from the warehouse district.  The sounds of battle could be heard in the distance - and not the usual sounds of conflict - muggings, murder, gang battles, etc. that happened on occasion in the new Ko-Koro.  Clearly this was growing bigger. Unfortunately for the Fe-matoran, the battle wasn't big enough to draw all the guards away from the sanctum.  While walking near the entrance he could still see several of the usual guards on patrol, and particularly alert, given the chaos unfolding in the warehouse district at the moment.  Quoribay cursed under his breath at his misfortune.  If he had a full crew, this would be the perfect time to get a peek at the sanctum's treasury, but even with half the guards scrambling to reinforce their comrades fighting the invaders, the risk was too high if he attempted to raid the sanctum alone.  Even in the unlikely scenaro where he was able to incapacitate or sneak by the assortment of skakdi, toa, lesterin, and vortixx continuing to patrol the sanctum, Quoribay did not know the layout or have any guarantee he could find and extract any loot.  Karz, for all he knew, Echelon never stored any loot there.  Given his history of schemes, Echelon would probably put his stash somewhere else...

 

Out of sight, so as to avoid being an obvious target...

 

Or maybe...

 

It was hidden in plain sight?

Like one of a dozen warehouses in a run down industrial district?

One currently under attack?

The thief gave one last glance at the snarling skakdi standing guard at the gates to the sanctum before turning around and making his way towards the chaos. 
He wasn't sure what gang had found Echelon's secret stash, but if they were winning he might be able to join their heist.  And if not.. well, he was just as much of a merc as the guards fighting to keep control, and surely Echelon would throw in a hefty bonus for repelling the attackers.  Either way, if anyone bites the dust in the skirmish, they wouldn't be needing their wallets any longer.
 


Edited by BULiK, Sep 16 2018 - 06:09 PM.

  • 0




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users