BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OoC: apologies in advance for a teensy bit of bunnying. Just simple actions, sitting and such.

IC Haki: Haki sat Uzan down, and gently stretched her ankle in different directions, noting her reactions. "Doesn't seem like anything's broken..." He said, feeling the bones in her foot.

Uzan winced as the Turaga rolled her foot around.

"You've strained it," he said, grabbing some bandages. "I'll bind it, and you should be able to walk, but try and take it easy for a week or so." He then pushed a small bottle of a yellow liquid at the Toa, "drink this, it should dull the pain." Finally, Haki wrapped Uzan's ankle tightly with the bandages. "That should hold, so long as you don't get into any particularly fancy fighting."

IC: Akhulii- Le-Koro

Akhulii shrugged and got into the pod with Lain. The controls were pretty simple. He moved the pegs to go up and a sudden lurch sling-shot them upwards to the high platform where all the others were fighting.

Akhulii stepped out of the pod and onto the deck, a little dizzy from how sudden the pod moved. He shook his head and heard a toa of plasma ask where they had gone.

Akhulii simply waved his hand up and said,"We're right here. I hope you didn't think we would just skip out on the party. That would've just been rude."

He cocked his newly made poison gun thingamajig and twisted a dial to double-check its working order. Looked fine.

Suddenly a beetle came sprawling in his direction. Akhulii momentarily panicked. He hopped his launcher from arm to arm when he finally got a good grip on it and quickly fired the injector into the beetle's body, paralyzing it almost immediately. He retracted the injector at the end of the wire and stood triumphant.

Seems that the beetles are even more aggressive up here than on the ground. Must be the toa fighting back that's making them angry. Well, this is where the bulk of the swarm is anyway...

"Just a little toy of mine I cooked up down there. No worries," he said with a smile.

IC Izzun

Izzun finally pulled himself back out of the bugs. It had been an interesting twenty minutes in the swarm. He had forced a large percentage into the air, and killed many more with his ravenous attack methods. What had just occurred he was completely unaware of, but now he needed to get a quick rest and stragetize how to take the ones in the air. "Geez, can we even get them to stay dead?" he complained as he slumped to the ground.

Akhulii looked at the female toa of plasma and answered,"It's paralyzed. I got my hands on a special bottle of paralyzing poison and Lain here helped me to figure out the recipe and make more. It's a truly useful contraption if I do say so myself!"

Akhulii continued to fire the injector in as many beetles as he could. Each time, they fell down and simply stopped moving, making a swift stab with his knife much easier.

Akhulii thought about the proposition for a second before he answered.

"The problem is it won't be as strong if directly exposed to oxygen. I do believe it would still work, but probably only partially. It will most likely make them much weaker and less able to fight, which should be a good thing in itself. It'd still be a fight, but we'd stand a much greater chance!"

Edited by Banana Gunz

OOC: Sorry I've been so inactive Le-peeps. >.< I'm back though, finally.

IC: Vyartha / Upper Canopy

"Indeed," I said, snapping the reins of my mount, preparing to take off. "In that case, which wave do you and your companions intend to participate in?"

-Void

IC: Rune

Their Lesterin guide had gone ahead to converse with two Toa who sat atop a hovering Gukko. The sinewy woman at the reins was adorned in jet-black armor with fiery highlights. Rune guessed she was a Ta-Toa or a Toa of Earth, but couldn't be sure. Her passenger appeared to be a Ba or Onu-Toa. The pair were likely members of the Force in search of helping hands.

Rune sighed, anger boiling in the pit of her stomach and rising up into her throat. The loud drone of the beetles was starting to grate on her nerves. They needed to start fighting back, now, or the treetop village would surely fall.

That won't happen.

"I'll take aerial!" Rune yelled up to the pair, already spinning her grapple in preparation to throw.

Blood pumped through her veins as her arm swung in a controlled arc. She released her grip on the coil, and it soared up into the canopy to spin twice around an overhanging branch. She gave it a tug.

Secure.

The Toa of Electricity took a running start, and kicked off a tree trunk. Her body swung upwards into the open air. She let go and began to slow in momentum as she reached the peak of her leap. At the last moment, her hands grasped an overhanging branch. Her legs shot upwards as she backflipped deftly onto the limb.

It's been a long time since I've pulled that off.

Little time was wasted in self admiration, however. She scaled the remaining height until she was eye to eye with the riders. If they hadn't heard her before, they definitely would now.

"You got room for one more?" she inquired.

Ic: Artem

Artem cleared his throat and pointed his sword at the heavens. "Gukko Flyer, we need your assistance. We have devised a solution!" He said, his voice amplified times a thousand into the sky

Edited by Hiram McDaniels

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

IC:Baku

As I continued my search for Uzan I traveled to Le-wahi towards Le-Koro. This once beautiful wahi seemed so different I couldn't understand why, but then I understood. A large beetle lunged at me, as it streaked towards me I let out a single bolt of electricity and hit the bug in the head send a strong charge through it's body killing it instantly. After that experience I decided to listen closely to see if anyone else is fighting these things. What do I hear but Uzan's big mouth. I rush to the sounds of battle. As I reached Le-koro I decided to signal that I was here to help as well and shot a bolt of lightning up to the village.

IC: Uzan

"Hey did anybody else see that lighting bolt just now?!" yelled Uzan. "Maybe a Toa of electricity is here to help to!"

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

IC: Vyartha / Upper Canopy

I raised an eyebrow at the newcomer's acrobatics, though my visage changed little at her mention of having been part of the Gukko Force. With skills such as though, it was hardly a surprise that military training was in her background. It was, if nothing else, more incentive to bring her along.

And maybe this one won't be so ... new-agey.

I almost shuddered at my choice of word. I wasn't even sure if that was a word.

Evidently I'd been spending too much time in this jungle.

"We have room for one more," I told the acrobat, tilting my head back towards the bird.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Splendid." the Toa of Electricity said, already leaping across the branches towards her ride. Once there, she mounted deftly behind the Ba-Toa.

She was about to start asking about the Force's battle strategies, when she noticed she had completely forgotten about Detrix. The drunken mess of a Toa was still bumbling about obliviously on the forest floor far below. She cursed under her breath.

"Hate to make you babysit, but would you mind keeping an eye on that one?" she called back to the alluring Lesterin. She pointed at the silver-armored beefcake. "Just make sure he's still alive when I get back."

"After all, he still owes me a drink." she added, only loud enough for herself and her rider companions to hear.

Edited by Requiem

IC: Sloth (Le-Wahi, Airborne)

Sloth couldn't help but smirk as the Lesterin below them was forced into babysitting -- Us two in need of help out on our own? Well good luck carrying that drunk #####, you arrogant-- but moved slightly closer to Vyartha as she felt the Toa slide in behind her. Trust issues. Apparently I now prefer a Daedra to an ex-member of the Gukko Force.

"What's he owe you for?" she asked, turning her head to look at their new companion.

Edited by Lincoln Lee

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

"Oh, he's just pumped up with testosterone." she replied, a wry grin pasted on her features. "I found his interest in me... amusing, so I accepted the offer."

She looked out across the half-eaten canopies, watching as distant trees fell one by one.

"Looks like I'll be leaving him hanging for a while though." she said, somber eyes unwavering.

IC: Sloth (Le-Wahi, Airborne)

She smiled as the Toa gave her explanation, holding back her reservations at the rather callous treatment, but it slowly faded into a gentle frown as she saw the sadness in her eyes, following her gaze to the trees. "It's sad, isn't it?"

Edited by Lincoln Lee

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

The Vo-Toa nodded, and let out a long sigh.

"I just don't understand... I spent years here, and insects were never much of a threat. The only logical explanation is that these beetles migrated from somewhere else... But even that answer leaves me skeptical. Our ships have sailed far and wide, and haven't so much as touched other lands. It's as if makuta's ghost has come back to haunt us all."

Her eyes finally drifted back to the woman. They were bright, but full of loss.

IC: Nikarra (Le-Wahi, Airborne)

"I dunno. I've heard... rumours, of other people coming here. People from somewhere else." Sloth shook her head and then looked into the Vo-Toa's eyes, smiling sadly. "I haven't spent a lot of time in Le, but I remember that it felt like a home. No matter how dark things got, the people never let it drag their spirits down, no matter how much they lost to Makuta. We've got more than enough fighters to bring the bugs down, and no matter how much they destroy, someday... someday those trees will grow back. And it'll seem like an eternity before they even start to approach what they used to be, but they will."

She looked toward the carnage, her eyes weary but determined. "That's how it has to be, for everything. No matter how bad the damage gets, someday... it can heal."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC Izzun

Izzun frowned at Lain. It seems battle had kept him busy, but his annoyingness was catching up again. "I used to know a sound Turaga. Very powerful as a Toa, he could send out silent, solid blasts of sound and move objects or people." Seeing Lain's mouth begin to open again, he quickly cut him off. "I think if you could a frequency-Not solid, of course-One that could specifically damage the bugs, we could send the wave through lots of them at once! If we do that, we could, I don't know, shatter their wings, or immobilize their legs, or the sort."

Izzun picked up the poisoned beetle from earlier. "I'll need a minute to find its weak points. You investigate how to make sound blasts that won't hit other Gukko flyers or their Gukkos." He then cracked the beetle open and began to study its innards.

IC: Trava (Le-Wahi, Upper Canopy)

"Alright," the Lesterin muttered, "I'll make sure your boyfriend down there makes it out in one piece"

Leaping off the branch again, Trava descended to the ground like a Brakas who'd just committed theft, landing near Detrix impeccably.

"Alright, if you're ready to move, then I've been for a while now"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...