BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Jetzul

Jetzul scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, um, I'm sorta lost. Trying to get to Le-Koro but, uh... Could I trouble you for a map and a compass or something?"

IC: Vyartha / Pala-Koro

Any other time, I would have left this one to fend for himself in the wilderness.

But, being caught betwixt a wannabe-Lothario and a tree-hugger, I was in no mood to remain in the disappointment which Pala-Koro had been revealed to be.

"I can give you even better," I said, walking beyond the borders of the village and shutting the gate behind me. "I shall guide you there."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi, Viima's camp):

"What is it about trust you're so obsessed about?" Viima said, quite surprisingly. "Why do you think I haven't visited a single village in more than half a year already? Why do you think I've been staying out of civilization, only taking care of myself in this jungle? It's because I finally learned that trust is so rare it is pointless to even look for it. You may find someone you trust, and even love, but they can always stab you in the back. The Matoran society, let alone that of the Skakdi, disgusted me so much I decided to leave it all behind. And then, ironically, the first person I meet after all these months is you, and you claim to be trustworthy."

Viima paused for a moment to catch his breath. He seemed worn out and exhausted. "I'll be honest, I used to not trust you because you were a Skakdi. That, and the fact you had fought for Surina. But now I don't know anymore. I wanna let all that slide, but it's been too long, and I'm just so fed up with it."

Having said that, Viima took a deep breath, as if about to continue, when suddenly his legs gave way, making him collapse on the ground.

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu was about to speak up when he noticed Viima's legs give away on him... Though the matoran never fully fell as Tivanu reached out for his shoulder, keeping him from falling and instead lifting him, by the shoulder, onto the rock he had been sitting upon before

"You need to be more aware of your body, know when it's about to fail you." He went back to his own seat and faced Viima "My big thing isn't trust, it's when someone doesn't trust another for no good reason. You speak as if the whole world has done you wrong, yet the only one who had done you wrong is surina. I'll admit I was hired to be that turaga and hers bodyguard, and frankly at the time I had no clue they were wanted. You came in, guns ablazing, and I was simply doing my job. Can you blame the nui-rama for defending their hive? It was their job, and they did it. We may not have felt it was right, but I respect their choice."

He sighs a bit and places a hand on Viima's shoulder "You obviously trusted and likely looked up to Orderin. That much is for certain. Let me ask you this. Do you think orderin would have let me continue traveling with you two if he felt I was a risk, and that I would turn on you? Do you lack faith in Orderin's judgment skills?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi, Viima's camp):

Why is he pressing the issue? Viima thought hazily. Everything was fine when he just accepted the situation. Everything was well.

Viima was still sweating, but he didn't know why. Tivanu had stopped him from falling over, but his body still felt weak. All he wanted to do was to lie on his back on the jungle floor and not move ever again. He couldn't really do that though, not while Tivanu was around. I can't afford to lose it now, he thought.

"Leave Orderin out of this", Viima said defiantly but somewhat weakly. "I want to know what you want from me. What is it you want me to do?"

Tivanu shakes his head sadly at viima, a look of disappointment on written across his face

"It's not what I want from you, it's what I want you to realize. You are isolating yourself, which believe or not is not healthy. Your attitude and behavior drives others away. You can't take on the world by yourself viima. Like it or not you need allies to truly succeed in this world. I want you to realize this. I want you to realize not everyone is out to get you."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi, Viima's camp):

What is it with everyone and anything trying to give me life advice?

"I appreciate the concern", Viima said quietly. "But I've made peace with my decision. I can't return to civilization now, and I won't."

Feeling a bit stronger, Viima got up and began fiddling with his backpack. "I'm a hermit now, Tivanu. A travelling one. It's what you do as well, is it not? Travel around the island with no real home, doing what you think is best and only live one day at a time?"

Tivanu rolled his eyes as he heard this

"You are not understanding Viima... Being a hermit is one thing, believing the world is out to get you is another. I could care less about you being a hermit, but the mentality you have for the world is not healthy. That is where your issue lies."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Tivanu smirked slightly at this

"I'm not claiming to be a psychiatrist, but you do learn alot about people when your travel alot, and interact with many different kinds."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi, Viima's camp):

Viima shrugged. "Either way, it doesn't make a difference. Let's make a pact: I don't judge you, and in return you won't judge me."

Viima took his backpack and turned back to Tivanu, saying "There's something I want to show you... that is, if you have the time."

IC: Tarex blinked. Apparently zoning out was becoming a bad habit of his.

Well, no sense in keeping on with the gate just playing statue. Closing it once more, he wore his trademark grimace as he returned to the inner workings of the growingly popular Koro.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC:

A deep belly laugh echoed across the Koro, not too conspicuous thanks to the prevailing atmosphere of merriment and celebration.

Taking another swig of suspiciously uplifting bula juice, one Ashon Calder mingled with the partying and feasting villagers with reckless abandon, the words "You guys know how to party!" seemingly unable to stop bursting from his mouth every five minute or so.

All in all, he was having one karz of a time, as was everyone else in the village save one other, who he noticed out of the corner of his eye. One Toa of Stone, who seemed too grumpy to have a little fun.

Well hey, no reason that he should let someone be down in the dumps when there's such a good time to be had, right?

After carefully examining the remains of the village's rear defenses (hhhhehehehehehehehe), he sauntered up to the Pakari wearing, aerodynamically armored Po-Toa and casually threw an arm around his shoulder.

"What's with the long face, buddy? C'moooon, don't be a downer, this is a party! Have some fun!" He urged Petewa, pushing him forward towards the banjist's impromptu concert.

"I'll getcha a drink, actually. You look like you need a little somethin' somethin' to loosen you up. Hold right there and I'll be back in a flash!" he vowed, releasing the Po-Toa from his hold as soon as he had put him in it.

Where'd the drinks go again?

Hmmmmm...

OOC: Ash open for interaction.

helo frens

IC: Alfon

Call me indecisive, but nostalgia alone wasn't enough to keep me from my duty. And by duty, I mean partying.

See, our good man Kongu thought it'd be a good idea to celebrate our victory over these crazy beetle things. Unfortunately, I had the bad luck of being sent to patrol the village's perimeter for a bit and now I was missing out. This little trip to Pala-Koro? Just me slacking off.

I was done doing that, though. Looking at this fancy new gizmo on my wrist, I apparently still had an hour on the clock. if I left right then and there, I could take Vohu and make it back in fifteen. The other thirty five, I'd take care of with bribery.

Bless us corrupt cops.

OOC: Alfon to Le-Koro

Tivanu rolled his eyes ever so slightly at Viima's choice of response. It seemed Viima is a master at avoiding the subject.

"Sure I've got time, not like I truly had anything else planned for today."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi, Viima's camp):

Viima nodded. With Ko-Koro in the grasp of Makuta's followers, and the other villages probably targeted by evil forces as well, there was little to do in any of them. Viima found himself wondering what Tivanu's take on all of it was, but decided not to ask.

"Well then", he said. "Follow me."

The place Viima wanted Tivanu to see was not far away. It was a large tree on a cliff, looking like it had stood there since the beginning of time. Unlike the smaller trees around it, this one had less vibrant colours and actually looked partly dead, with some of the branches supporting no leaves at all. There were dark patterns on the bark that drew irregular patterns across the length of the tree.

Viima began climbing the tree. "I know you're not an agile little Matoran like me, but I trust you've learned to climb trees sometime in the past?"

Ic: Talu

Look, what I'm saying is that if there's more than one rahi in one place it's called a zoo.

"Yes, but you never said what a zoo is."

You're impossible sometimes.

"At least I'm real."

Snapping out of his mind, Talu looked around to see if anyone wasn't enjoying his soup. He then spotted someone without a bowl.

"Aha"

What is it?

"Shush you"

"Good day to you sir!" Announced Talu. "Could I interest you in some uh... You know, I've completely forgotten the name of it!

Nice going.

"Anyway, would you care for a bowl of my special soup?" He asked.

Ooc: That would be you Uncle Chael.

IC: "Soup? Nahhhh. I'll pass, my man, already planning to fill up on tacos, ya get me?" the mildly inebriated Su-Toa said with a childish giggle. Pulling what seemed to be another person having a less than stellar time over rather forcefully, he jabbed a finger somewhere over to the right, coincidentally towards where he was facing moments before and--

Cha-CHIIIINNNGGGGGG

--the drink table!

"Me an' my buddy here were actually going get another round!" he boasted the half-lie. "After all the night's still young, ain't it...uh..."

OOC: Praxis

helo frens

IC: Alfon

I don't usually advertise my skills as a circus performer but whenever I do, my street cred goes up ten points.

See, there's no better place to put on a show than at party in Le-Koro. People here love enterainment almost as much as I love women, and when more than half your audience is woooooo-deep drunk, you might as well be Mata-Nui's next cultural icon.

What's that? My babies you say? 

Oh my.

So what was I doing exactly? Acrobatics? Riding a unicycle? Making Muaka jump through hoops?

Nah man, I was juggling. Cliché, I know but it's one of the oldest, most respected tricks in the book and let me tell you, there's no better juggler on this island than me. I had moves and skills that no one had ever seen before, bleeding creative genius that reeked of inspiration. I'd go on and detail my entire performance though words wouldn't do it justice and it was humility's turn to steer the wheel.

Catching the last of my pins, I held them triumphantly in the air for a moment before taking a deep bow. An ear to ear grin spread across my face as the crowd cheered, showering me with applause that saw no end in sight. I actually had to leave for it to die down and I still had a few careful admirers following me around. A few of 'em were cute too, though a drink was in order if I was going to talk to anyone.

I wove my way around to find the drink table and found myself beside a pair of gentlemen, both Toa, one of them obviously having a good time. Too bad someone had the nerve to keep it from rolling, as an empty bottle flew right past one of their heads and was about to knick mine. Calix-enhanced reflexes helped me catch it at the last second and my eyes traced their way to the felon.

Time to put my cop pants back on.

"What do you think you're doing?"

OOC: Sup Ash and Praxis. Also, if Lain's not chucking a bottle over Praxis' head, just correct me and I'll retcon

Edited by TX Wade

IC: "Fellas, fellas! We're in the middle of a party, for Nui's sake! Everyone just take breather!" Ashon said placatingly, as if he still had any sort of control over the situation.

"Look, you got any more of that whiskey, man? How old is it? Might even be better than the stuff they spiked the Bula Juice with."

Pfft.

Like that was difficult to be. 

helo frens

Tivanu snickered at the Viima as he flicked lightly tapped himself with his staff. With a deep inhale of breath he jumped, and with the benefit of decreased gravity he was able to reach one of the higher branches with ease

"I've had to find my way around a tree or two, but I've also managed to create shortcuts." He lifted himself up onto the branch and began the ascent upwards

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Viima

(Le-Wahi, Viima's tree):

Viima watched Tivanu's ascent and shrugged. "Whatever works."

The duo soon reached the top of the large tree. In the middle of the treetop there was a small, clear area with no leaves or branches, offering a perfect place for sitting. Viima did just that, sitting on the spot, obviously waiting for Tivanu to follow.

"I discovered this tree soon after I... well... from the point I can remember anything after my disappearance", he said. "From this point, you can see pretty much all of Le-Wahi, as well as the Mangai Volcano. It is quite beautiful, is it not?"

IC: Akiri Kongu - Le-Koro

Kongu found himself staring at the letter he was given instead of just reading it.

He blinked twice and turned around. Of course he would find himself needed somewhere that wasn't Le-Koro. He began to consider again delegating his role of Gukko Force Captain to another being. It wasn't that he trusted others to do it, but he felt as if his own experiences in the Force back in the Makuta wars had shaped him to be the military leader that the village needed him to be. Kongu couldn't help but feel stretched too thinly. Between constantly having to meet with others across the island, managing his own Koro and his own agents, now this was yet another thing to work with

He sighed and turned away from the Onu-Koro messenger. What was Nuparu doing? Declaring battle to take back the Koro? Did he not know that Ko-Koro was filled with hostages? The Akiri felt his stomach drop and his chest tighten.

With a nod to the messenger, Kongu made his way away from the party in the market-place and found Karata leaning against one of the many pillars that stretched higher above the village.

"How are you?" She asked kindly. However, Karata's expression quickly became concerning when she saw Kongu's face. While a warm smile would usually be plastered across his mask, there was a frown and eyes that rippled dimly in the evening sun-set. Not to mention, his posture was poor and resigned. Karata took a step forward, "Are you OK?"

Kongu took in a shaking breath and spoke in a soft voice, barely heard over the distant party-goers and music, "I do not know how much longer I can do this for Karata."

Karata stepped forward and embraced the stooping matoran, speaking in hushed tones, "Hey now. What's wrong?"

Kongu shuddered and hugged Karata hard, pressing his head against her neck, "I cannot do enough."

"What do you mean?" Karata felt a lone tear fall onto her shoulder.

"I will not save Le-Koro. I cannot. I am not strong enough."

Karata gave a little scowl and pulled away to look at the Akiri, "Kongu, listen, I know few people who have been through what you have been through and come out of it happily."

"But I'm not happy," Kongu said, "I tell myself I am every day, but there is a deep sadness within me now and it only grows. When I look at the sunrise I feel hope, but when I look to the rest of the island and even Le-Koro, I despair. I could not save Matoro."

"Matoro's death was not your doing."

"We were supposed to do this together Karata. And instead we did not trust each other," Kongu looked up at his friend as Ka cooed softly behind him, "I hoped that our meeting at the Kini-Nui would change things but it did not. And now Matoro is gone and his village may soon follow."

"Are you without hope?" Karata asked.

There was a silence before Kongu answered, "No," he wiped his eyes with his arm, "No I suppose I am not."

Karata's face warmed, "No," she began, "How could Kongu of all people be without hope?" Kongu returned a melancholy smile as Karata continued, "After all, it was he who told me this; 'There is nothing wrong with being sad or afraid, but to give up is to betray the chance you have at a better life'." Kongu breathed in, feeling the tightness in his chest begin to relax, "Do not give up Kongu. Write for us a better life."

Akiri Kongu nodded as the sun finally crossed beneath the horizon and with a soft quiet voice he replied, "I will do my best... Thank you old friend."

"I expect nothing less from you," Karata smiled and hit him on the shoulder, "May the high-winds fly in your favor."

The Captain of the Gukko Force turned around and under the wings of his Kahu he could feel those very winds as he was carried towards Onu-Koro.

OOC:
Akiri Kongu to Onu-Wahi

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC Lain

"Cops ain't so tough when they're alone, eh?" The Bo-Toa almost sneered that out at said cop before realizing it was in all honesty, a terrible idea.

"Look, you got any more of that whiskey, man? How old is it? Might even be better than the stuff they spiked the Bula Juice with."

But this discussion, this was good!

"This bottle," he tossed a fresh one to the Su-Toa. "Is at about thirty years. A tad old fa whiskey, but it's been in a barrel made a tightly grained wood. In a humid climate like Le-Wahi, it can take a fair bit a time fer the flavors to properly transfer."

...but close to it

IC: "Nice, very nice... I'm keepin' this one on the top shelf once I open up my own place." Ash vowed in an on-the-fly decision. Every one of that Toa's words sounded like music to his ears, and not just because of the fun accent, either.

"What's your name, man? I'm Ash."

helo frens

IC: Praxis

"I ain't beggin' - I'm seeking some serious payment for services rendered. That airhead there," he pointed in the direction he had last seen Kongu without looking "better, by karz, be true to his word, and -"

He stopped as he turned and saw the Akiri take flight.

"You're ######ing me."

Tivanu did indeed sit down and stared out into the distance. While he couldn't quite say it was breathtaking, he was sure someone who had more value in nature would be impressed.

"Truthfully it does nothing for me. I imagine if I valued natural beauty more it would be amazing, but right now for me it's just an advantageous view."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu