Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu looked towards one of the numerous exits and pauses ever so slightly

"Well i am going to leave now. This place is too bloody cold."

With that he began the slow trek towards Ga-wahi.

OOC: Tivanu to Ga-wahi

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: (Litozen)Litozen considered for a moment, then turned away from Aryll. "Thanks for the suggestion. I should be able to find it if you tell me the general direction. Unless you want to guide me, of course."subconsciously, he brushed off a small bit of snow that had landed on his armour.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

IC:

"Alright! Let's go investigate in Ga-Koro then!" Eniblad agreed earnestly, nearly bouncing up and down with barely-contained enthusiasm at the prospects of both meeting new people and escaping this blistering cold.

After the briefest of pauses, the massive Toa of fire added, "Which way is Ga-Koro, Kethrye?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Bitter cold. The norm in Ko-Koro, that stretched out its frosty limbs and strangled life with an iron grip, the grip of thousands of years, the grip of an eternity. It was warmer in the valleys below than the barren mountain wastes above but nothing changed the unshakable cold. Yet, the Vortixx who called himself the Brother found himself, once again, outside and desperately pulling his wool cloak over his shoulders, grumbling and complaining softly under his breath, trying to dodge the oncoming slush and prevent its arrival underneath his clothing. Sadly, it was mainly a losing battle. Snow creeped in and melted along his skinny shoulders, caught in his eyes, and soaked into his boots. By and large, the Brother was as miserable as ever had been, at least in recent memory.

Work, he thought, is the only thing keeping me alive yet it very much might be the death of me. Cold. Son of a Skakdi but I hate the cold.

Finally, the Brother settled down, gripping the clasp of his cloak hard and moving his head about as if he were trying to get a kink. The fact of the matter, however, was that his motions were for the most part of a ruse, part of 'looking natural', which is what his teachers had called it. Looking not like a normal person per se, but rather a part of the landscape, part of nature rather than part of some larger spectacle or chain of events. To an onlooker, he was a clueless tourist, a fish out of water, a Vortixx who had stumbled to the wrong part of the island looking for trade. And certainly a few of his trinkets lay out of display but they were largely exactly that, a display. His eyes, his focus, his work was on other things.

Like the merchant across the street. hawking fish. A merchant who had crossed another merchant down the pond, who was undercutting his business. That was no business of the Vortixx who called himself the Brother, of course. No business for the poor soul selling trinkets on a market square. No...none at all. Still, he watched, out of the corner of his eyes, subtly but surely, he watched.

He watched as the fish seller hawked his wares vigorously, waving his arms expressively. He watched as a customer came up, pointing to several key specimens. He watched the two haggle. He watched as the merchant developed a cough. A cough that quickly turned into a hacking, ragged thing. Then, blood, a crowd gathering at the spectacle. The Brother's face betrayed nothing except shock and surprise, his neck craning for a closer look. The merchant crumpled to his knees. He would be dead in two minutes, all while a crowd of people stood helpless.

The Brother kept his face of shock about him. What a terrifying thing to happen! Right across from his stand, too! As if on cue, another man strode confidently up the Brother's stand, pointed silently to a scarab of middling quality. The Brother shrugged his shoulders and spoke a large sum of money which was promptly exchanged for the near worthless trinket. There was no haggling, which would be off if people were paying attention, which they weren't. For now, it was part of the scenery, part of nature.

The Brother adjusted his coat again and began to count his money.

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: RyzenRyzen slowly walked back down the street, planning for where he will go. He did not mind the cold, not one bit, so he figured he could -will- stay out for much longer. Ko-Wahi is a cold, barren land, but he didn't seem to mind that, as he knew a ton of hidden places in the region. Step by step, he walked and thought. To him, Ko-Wahi had a "beauty" to it. He'd lived here his whole life, even as a Matoran, and came to appreciate the traits of it.Another step, one by one. Ryzen could see the stairs ahead now, ready to descend into the snow lands. Not sure where exactly he will head, just stay in Ko-Wahi. There is nothing to him like his home, and he will stay. Anywhere in the region, but just in. In.Ryzen took a few more steps, and reached the stairs. One step at a time, slowly. Ryzen took these stairs, and stepped on flat, icy, land. Smiling, he though: Now is the time. Off I go!

IC- Ihu-Koro

A black shape moved through the snows of Mount Ihu, standing out against the whiteness like a dab of ink on a blank page. He moved slowly. The snow was thick here, and he was a Matoran. The thick powder clung to him and he had to push his way through it. It was exhausting and freezing but he didn’t care. He was too upset to care.
Tears fell from his eyes, leaving a barely noticeable trail behind him and freezing on his mask. He sobbed and hiccupped as he walked. Sovos was devastated.
He wasn’t good enough. He had planned everything out, tried as hard as he could. He had given his all. And he had failed. Sovos had been at his best, and still, the Reaper had beaten him. His entire life had been nothing but training. Sovos had done nothing but prepare for his purge of Makuta’s servants. And now when it really mattered, when it was time to put his training to use, he was a failure. He was just a weak, foolish Matoran, unable to even compete with a Toa, let alone one of the caliber of the Reaper. There was nothing he could do to fulfill his life’s goals, nothing worthwhile a deluded Onu-Matoran like him could accomplish.
He blinked away half frozen tears to see a cluster of huts in the distance, where the Maasi were. They were heroes. They were Toa. They were the Chosen Ones. He was nothing but a silly little helper. His role was to guide them. That was all.
He walked, dejectedly, through the streets of the town, the wind mercilessly whipping him with particles of ice. Mata-Nui trying to punish him for his failure. Sovos felt his spine ache, where his armor had pressed into his back. Another sob wracked his body. His metal had betrayed him. It wasn’t his to control anymore. He remembered how his knives that he had once trusted were turned aside, and how his armor that had once protected him was pushed painfully on him. He remembered, and he wept.
Sovos stood in the town square, a black wraith against the houses painted white with snow. In front of him was arrayed the golden weapons, shining. They were the ones that would bring down the Reaper, not his own foolish attempts. He was Destined for nothing.
Sovos kicked one of the weapons, feeling a satisfying clunk as his foot collided with the gold. He could touch them. That was one way of the only ways he was special- he could cart around the tools of the Chosen Heroes. That was all he was, wasn’t he? A mule, a pack animal. A worthless guide.
He turned and pushed open the door to a hut, throwing himself down into the freezing cold interior. The shadows from the unlit hut enveloped him, comforting him with darkness. At least the shadows were still his. Nothing would take that from him.
It was all he had left.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Hjalmar - Ihu-Koro

The Skakdi warrior had been a lot of places in his time in Ko-Wahi, but he'd never been by Ihu-Koro so far, so he was surprised to find any settlement in the inhospitable terrain outside of the main one. A small blood-soaked snow Rahi hung at his belt for eating later. He'd planned on heading back to his den, but when he saw the silhouettes of the huts, he felt the need to investigate.

He strode silently through the settlement for a while before his eyes fell on the golden weapons. And what wide eyes those were. He almost reached for one of them, but stopped himself. They were probably here for a reason, and he didn't want to steal, even if they were absolutely spectacular. And heroic-looking. The sort of thing he could see himself wielding.

Deciding to sate his curiosity, he called out, "Anyone here?"

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC:

The Vortixx remained slightly wide-eyed and shocked, while carefully counting widgets underneath the table. "Aye, a terrible thing." He shook his head as if to clear the sight away. "Truly awful. A terrifying reminder of the fleeting nature of life."

The Brother looked the newcomer over. Nothing, I think, to be concerned over. No way to trace anything to me in any way.

"Speaking of fleeting...perhaps I could interest you in some foreign good luck charms?" the Brother put on his best salesman grin, "Guaranteed to warn away bad luck like Makuta and a floodlight. After seeing something like that...it's enough to reaffirm my belief in the supernatural, anyway."

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Alfon "Well said. Let's ditch this frozen wasteland then, the investigation in Ga seems more like a vacation the longer we stay here."

OOC: Filler post, I'll do a proper write up for our arrival in Ga-Koro.IC:Kethrye nodded, and the ILF began the long trek to Ga-Wahi's borders.OOC: ILF to Ga. Edited by Javert

OOC: You did not just throw my character into the shrine. I better be dreaming. IC(Kaerhi): Kaerhi complied and shook snow from his feet off outside before stepping inside. Kaerhi looked over his shoulder and gave Velan a look of 'What the hey are we doing?' "Uh, nice place..?" Kaerhi said to Aurel, as he glanced around the shrine.

WIP