Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

We're playing things differently this time around. Needless to say it should be more interesting for everyone than the last incarnation was. Though that does beg the question -- when exactly are we expecting to get the group rolling, anyway? :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

So, er, where exactly are the Daedra? I see someone that I think is Sloth but I don't see any others. :w:

Well I'd simply love to bring back Hope, but it'll be hard to work Despair in, given that her other half was created via Xa-kuta magic, which has been entirely removed from the game, meaning I'll need to change revise her profile. Maybe the user who controlled Despair (Shadok I believe,) can help me come up with something (though we could try having them as separate characters, which should make their meeting, interesting.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

NO DON QUIXOTE FOR YOU! On an unrelated, and completely unabashed, topic... DO YOU SMELL POPCORN??? If not, check out my BLOG. Thanks! All angry words of hate, disdain and comedy are welcome in the comments section.. As well as thoughts, meams, mimes, and torture devices such as high-heels.

Edited by Kughii

Well for quieter, more introverted characters, there's always accidentally bumping into someone. It's one way to provoke interaction between characters without really saying anything, which keeps to the introverted personality.

I'm playing as a lazy Toa who won't use either of his powers, a Toa who's really bad at using his powers, has a broken mask of repair and a soft spot for kittens, and an Archivist who might be able to beat up a small ussal if he got really mad at it.Quite a switch from my generic overpowered-martial-arts-master-stealth-assassin-revenge-driven-emo-punk-with-mental-issues that I used in the last game I played. Fighting just gets boring so it's nice to force myself to play otherwise.Also, irrelevant question that nobody will care about: is the ever-popular three-way arena spectator sport around at this time? I thought only Koli existed, since Kolhii was introduced with the '03 Matoran upgrades, and since we've established that the Bohrok haven't been awakened, ergo no upgrade...

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I'm playing as a lazy Toa who won't use either of his powers, a Toa who's really bad at using his powers, has a broken mask of repair and a soft spot for kittens, and an Archivist who might be able to beat up a small ussal if he got really mad at it. Quite a switch from my generic overpowered-martial-arts-master-stealth-assassin-revenge-driven-emo-punk-with-mental-issues that I used in the last game I played. Fighting just gets boring so it's nice to force myself to play otherwise. Also, irrelevant question that nobody will care about: is the ever-popular three-way arena spectator sport around at this time? I thought only Koli existed, since Kolhii was introduced with the '03 Matoran upgrades, and since we've established that the Bohrok haven't been awakened, ergo no upgrade...

Yes, we're playing Kolhii as well as Koli, and we know it's allowed because Joske is the main one doind it XD I think, for reasons unrevealed, we're allowed to be 01- or 03-build.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I've got an insane Dragon hunter based on a book character who fought windmills. Is that experimental enough?

I prefer people that get beat up all hte time, oh wait, thats what your character is >:D jk, i prefer matoran, but i experimented with a turaga, and turagas can be rich easily :br: i feel like toa makes you too powerful, look at my point. in ta-koro, look at all the toa fighting there?did i see any matoran fighting? no.Did i see any turaga fighting? no.and, your less likely to be assasinated. I mean, who would assasinate or attack a carpender? or a turaga with 6 toa st- uh, nevermind. and how does a toa stone work? do you have to insert it into your koro's suva( like in legends of metru nui)? or do you have to say some cheesy power rangers line, etc.? Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

huh, i thought a turaga could have them by (in the turaga's backstory) giving up his/her toa powers to make toa stones (like what Lhikan did in legends of metru nui) :\ so they were directly banned? i thought all the stuff from before the new bzpower was considered "deleted" EDIT: but alas, it is not in the rules and index, so I guess technichly its ok :\ (for now) but i'll keep with my opinion unless FT edits the rules and index, or posts here saying no

Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

No, Toa Stones are only given out as a reward. That's definitely still a rule. I'd show you where it says that exactly but I'm too lazy to find the link. :P Edit: Actually it's in this topic. On the first page, just read Friar Tuck's second post, it's in there.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

And I have finally made my first post. Feels good to be RPing again! Oh how I've missed it. newso1.png

Good to have you back, and with a minimum of persuasion too! =D As Toa stones are concerned, am I to assume that we're forbidden from creating them, even if it means sacrificing our character's Toa powers? It seems like a fair trade to me, but if those are the rules, fine. Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Kakaru: Yes, this is true. they're a reward from Staff for exceedingly good RPing with a Matoran character. I recall them mentioning there was some perk for starting as a Matoran and then making him a Toa, rather than starting as a Toa, but I can't remember what it was and I could be wrong. :w:

I like that Toa Stones are rare, to be honest I was a little annoyed about Jaller and company becoming Toa. Sure I like Jaller and the rest, and I prefer them over the other Toa except for Kopaka; but to me becoming Toa kind of robbed them of who they were. In the first book of 2006, a recurring phrase is, "you don't have to be a Toa to be a Hero." So when the six of them became Toa, I kind of felt like they were sell outs. It feels like the only way Matoran can be heroes is if they later become Toa. The Voya-Nui Resistance, Chronicler's Company, and the 2008 Av-Matoran seem to defy this so far, but in the Kingdom Universe many of them ended up as Toa. It must be terrible to be a Matoran, thinking that the only way you can make a difference is to become a Toa. Frankly there need to be some heroic Matoran who never become Toa, for the Matoran race to aspire to be like.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali