• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#39321 Online Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 28-July 08
  • 11,823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 06:40 PM

all the fancy language i had to decipher ;________;

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#39322 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 06:40 PM

Nice read.

But we can't ever know 100% sure....

And yes, that was a bit of labor I didn't feel is 100% needed.

I, for one, don't know how to use that search bar to look for posts.

GT: Jl1223 X  -  Anyone playing Destiny or Halo on the Xbone? Add me!

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#39323 Online Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members

• 28-July 08
  • 11,823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, well, I was feeling in the mood to write a thesis.

Lots of labor?

Posted Image

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#39324 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 06:44 PM

[color=#b22222;]After that thesis, it is heresy not to consider Heuani to be Tahu.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]Nice work, Tyler.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]-Dovydas[/color]

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Without a doubt, worth every post.

So like three if you're me." - The Doc

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

#39325 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 12-September 12
  • 471 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thank you, Tyler. That post proves all the points I made, and more. Your interpretation of the deal with Mount Ihu feels dead-on, and you explained it far better than I could have.Excellent work.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#39326 Offline The Fifth Spoilers

The Fifth Spoilers
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 09-March 09
  • 2,139 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 09:12 PM

Next we'll have Team Tahu and Team Kopaka T-Shirts...

"I am Groot." - Groot

"Anga-krahi takayavo, nga ai’i vu kyase." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the recluse, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Priicu, Kimala - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#39327 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 10 2013 - 10:36 PM

#Team Topaku

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#39328 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 06-November 11
  • 2,775 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 04:03 AM

SO, this is what happens if Tahu goes bad. I always wanted to know.Wekll done, TD.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#39329 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 06:59 AM

It would depend on what type of bad.

Heuani is the type of bad whose inner light got all but sucked out. He is perfectly and utterly irredeemable without a Toa of Light smashing it into him.

If he just went bad as in 'bad guy', it'll be a different story.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#39330 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members

• 06-November 11
  • 2,775 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 07:33 AM

Well, from what I see, Tahu made a bad decision and paid the price for it. This universe demands a price from its heroes.On a slightly related topic, should we attempt to classify the Mata acoordinng to their myers briggs classification? It may be useful late on.

MTG Dual Colour

#39331 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,144 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 08:07 AM

Somehow, I think the only people that could effectively use those tests to classify the characters are the players of those characters. In other words, attempting to do so would be a futile effort, because only Nuju really knows how their personalities have changed. 

We could all try and classify Heuani, but we would likely end up with different results. And no one here except perhaps Nuju knows enough of the former Mata's new personalities to make an attempt at classifying them.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#39332 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 09:41 AM

guys guys

I was like reading Norik's post

then read 'myers'.

then.....

I wondered what if there was a villain with the personality of Michael Myers in this game

And in his evil organization was a mole.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#39333 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,144 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 10:31 AM

.....No. Just.... No.

Posted Image

#39334 Offline DuctorCoch

DuctorCoch
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 22-July 12
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 10:52 AM

guys guys

I was like reading Norik's post

then read 'myers'.

then.....

I wondered what if there was a villain with the personality of Michael Myers in this game

And in his evil organization was a mole.

When anyone (not specifically JL) gets an idea for an expy, can they not post it on N&D? Even if the actual character could be implemented well, telling peeps about expies you could make tends to get reactions just like Krayzikk's.

[color=#ffffff;]Is this mole in his organisation a KING? A MOLE KING?[/color]

I ain't afraid of no ghost.

#39335 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 12:40 PM

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]Guys, I know most of you who know me well are sick of me asking this question, but[/color]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]when's the new arc starting[/color]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]-Dovydas[/color]

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

"All I know is I'll be playing it because it's awesome. And that's about all that really matters." - Toa Levacius Zehvor

"Despite nobody mentioning me specifically at all in their speechy thingy even though I'm a good friend of all three staff members (or so I thought </3), GoMN is still an objectively good game and should be voted for. Alongside Spirits of the Ice, because, well, y'know. #shamless plug" -Kal Grochi

#39336 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-August 09
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 12:47 PM

#39337 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 12:56 PM

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]... No, that's The Witcher 3.[/color]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]2015, however, is a viable guess.[/color]

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

#39338 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 17-October 11
  • 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 02:30 PM

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]... No, that's The Witcher 3.[/color]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]2015, however, is a viable guess.[/color]

You know that slow motion action sequence in every movie you just want to watch again and again?

That's what this last part of the 2012 arc is.

So savor it. Next year's story arc will come in its own time. Just sit back, and  :popcorn:

Anyway, Tyler, great job! You eloquently worded everything I was thinking.

Also, what's the quickest way to get to Kini-Nui?

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

#39339 Offline hashtagfortyfive

hashtagfortyfive
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 07-June 07
  • 4,774 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 02:42 PM

[color=#b22222;]Uh, no, it's nothing like that for me.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]I want to play, not watch, yet everything my characters can do they can only do next season.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]Unless you guys want another dry milk stout scene with Perkahn and Grochi.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]-Dovydas[/color]

[color=#b22222;]P.S.: No, I do not know the sequence you speak of, unless it's the entire Hobbit movie.[/color]

Edited by Eduard Bernstein, Mar 11 2013 - 02:42 PM.

91h1.png

critical acclaim:

#39340 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 14-October 11
  • 1,392 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 02:50 PM

Elrond: If you were thinking about sending one of your characters to the giant fight then you should probably come up with something else to do with them. Friar Tuck said that due to the distance between Kini-Nui and everything else, the only people able to show up there are the ones who were already in the area when the fight started.

Edited by Silvan Haven, Mar 11 2013 - 03:43 PM.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#39341 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-August 09
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 04:41 PM

Elrond: If you were thinking about sending one of your characters to the giant fight then you should probably come up with something else to do with them. Friar Tuck said that due to the distance between Kini-Nui and everything else, the only people able to show up there are the ones who were already in the area when the fight started.

Hence conveniently blocking most of the player base from getting involved, leaving the staff and selected players to hash things out Just As Planned[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;]™.  <_<[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;] [/color]

Edited by Javert, Mar 11 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#39342 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 16-September 08
  • 12,144 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 04:54 PM

i sense a grumpopotamus

Posted Image

#39343 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 14-October 11
  • 1,392 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:06 PM

If they did not limit it in some way then the event would get so swamped in players that the plot might get lost.

Edit: Po-wahi amuses me right now. A Guardwoman tells a group of people to stop fighting and they just ignore her and keep going.

Edited by Silvan Haven, Mar 11 2013 - 09:00 PM.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#39344 Online Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members

• 28-July 08
  • 11,823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hence conveniently blocking most of the player base from getting involved, leaving the staff and selected players to hash things out Just As Planned[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;]™.  <_<[/color][color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:sans-serif;font-size:13px;] [/color]

lol

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#39345 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:31 PM

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]Unless you guys want another dry milk stout scene with Perkahn and Grochi.[/color]

We should do it. For great justice.

#39346 Offline Tyler is Love

Tyler is Love
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,112 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'd like to point out that the fight started last week, so it's not Tuck keeping you from participating; it's the fact that, if your character hasn't already seen the light flash and started for the Kini-Nui, it's realistically too late for him to do so now. No point in complaining about not being invited to a party if you missed the invitation in the first place.

And it's not "selected players" who are participating in the battle. It's anyone who seized their chance while it was there.

tylersigcopy_zps78c0e544.jpg

#39347 Offline Palm

Palm
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 22-May 06
  • 3,145 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 06:45 PM

Yeah it isn't as if the staff went ahead and PM'd all the players who are currently there beforehand. This sort of thing is an example of what people keep bringing up about seizing opportunities as they arise. Yes, some of the characters that are there were "meant" to be there, but they aren't the only ones!Also, Oreius. <3

"People are scratched,                                                                                               

]|aden_scarf_2-bannermaybe.gif|[

not broken."

[BZPRPG Profiles]

#39348 Offline Tyler is Love

Tyler is Love
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 13-July 04
  • 4,112 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 06:47 PM

Nokama's funeral is underway.

If you have a character in Ga-Koro, why not go ahead and post their thoughts and feelings as they watch the Turaga of Water finally laid to rest?

tylersigcopy_zps78c0e544.jpg

#39349 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 07:38 PM

Thats the perks of being lazy.

You leave your characters in places.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#39350 Offline Purple God

Purple God
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Rises

• 10-July 09
  • 20,249 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 08:50 PM

I they did not limit it in some way then the event would get so swamped in players that the plot might get lost.

Edit: Po-wahi amuses me right now. A Guardwoman tells a group of people to stop fighting and they just ignore her and keep going.

Well, she has to establish a reputation for being crazy and capable of kicking people into submission first, before she has enough influence to stop people.

So yeah Kaithas, start working on that so we have a crazy guardswoman available when I kill off mine.

ULPxgev.gif

~Prepare to fight — for, evidently, you have found peace intolerable.~

#39351 Online Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden
  • Members

• 28-July 08
  • 11,823 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 08:59 PM

when u wot m8

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#39352 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 18-April 07
  • 12,551 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 09:01 PM

did you say Naona's dying

not sure if I should cheer or cry

#39353 Offline Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 29-November 12
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2013 - 09:55 PM

Nokama's funeral is underway. If you have a character in Ga-Koro, why not go ahead and post their thoughts and feelings as they watch the Turaga of Water finally laid to rest?

Or, in my case, track down the procession, THEN give my two cents on the matter.Gotta love the timing I have, finally reaching Marine HQ to try and apply just in time to realize the only person who COULD consider my application is in that procession, which is occurring in another part of the town. Oh well, it works in the end I suppose.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"
"Wrong."
"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

#39354 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 23-June 12
  • 1,846 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 10:39 AM

This, this happens a lot.

Hubert: Oh yes, I am working on that. :devil:

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#39355 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 02-December 10
  • 7,656 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 12:29 PM

i heard something about naona

notgonnadie.jpg

signature.jpg

#39356 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members

• 06-November 11
  • 2,775 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 05:45 PM

I dunno who Naona is, but since everyone is doing so...piggybackingonrandomcause.mp3Oh yes, and Happy Birthday, Aaron.

MTG Dual Colour

#39357 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 23-February 09
  • 4,073 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 05:47 PM

First Blood, First Tears

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#39358 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 23-June 12
  • 1,846 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2013 - 06:24 PM

My ICs may have to wait a bit, I'm dealing with something currently on bzp. Should be back soon.

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#39359 Offline Ice cream JL

Ice cream JL
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 02-February 11
  • 3,723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 09:47 AM

Aaron's birthday?Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you!

Cake cake cake cake cake cake cake!

Cake cake cake cake cake cake!

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#39360 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 19-July 12
  • 3,780 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2013 - 09:51 AM

Dude, Nuju's birthday was weeks ago.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum