• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

How can Kapura fart if he doesn't have a butt?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 251 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:18 PM

I know, its disturbing, but seriously, how is this possible? Accourding to a bio in the game Legends of Mata Nui, he "has the habit of burping and farting flame balls". In the Mata Nui online game, you see him farting and burping so, yeah.

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

Admin on BioMediaProject, obsessed with finding Legends of Mata Nui, and a Pianist/Organist. 

#2 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,279 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:21 PM

POPULAR

This is a new low.

-Tyler

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,874 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:42 PM

Because the Mata Nui Online Game was a cartoony game that didn't bother taking itself too seriously. I honestly wish more BIONICLE media had been like that. So many cute and funny traits of the Mata Nui Online Game, like Pewku's role as a "Taxi Crab", Hewkii and Macku's lovey-dovey relationship, and of course Kapura's... err... "emissions" would never have shown up in the BIONICLE novels or serials.

I don't think this topic breaks any rules but maybe a moderator might want to change the title? Not a moderator myself so it's not my call.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#4 Offline Steve the Squid

Steve the Squid
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Members
  • Modalt Mask Merchant

• 159 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:45 PM

giphy.gif

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png  76561198054169989.png

#5 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 251 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:47 PM

Because the Mata Nui Online Game was a cartoony game that didn't bother taking itself too seriously. I honestly wish more BIONICLE media had been like that. So many cute and funny traits of the Mata Nui Online Game, like Pewku's role as a "Taxi Crab", Hewkii and Macku's lovey-dovey relationship, and of course Kapura's... err... "emissions" would never have shown up in the BIONICLE novels or serials.

I don't think this topic breaks any rules but maybe a moderator might want to change the title? Not a moderator myself so it's not my call.

It was also in LOMN

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

Admin on BioMediaProject, obsessed with finding Legends of Mata Nui, and a Pianist/Organist. 

#6 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,013 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:48 PM

This is a new low.

-Tyler

*Cough*http://www.bzpower.c...-jesus/ *cough*

Now, that little reference is out of the way, just assume plot holes and that he only burps. For the good of the BIONICLE fan base, please.

Edited by Damaracx The Mad Scientist, Apr 14 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#7 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 251 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:51 PM

giphy.gif

Serousely Kapura is like impossible 

This is a new low.

-Tyler

*Cough*http://www.bzpower.c...o-jesus/*cough*

Now, that little reference is out of the way, just assume plot holes and that he only burps. For the good of the BIONICLE fan base, please.

But he farts in LOMN/MNOG! Everyone has seen it. I don't see how this is physically possible. Maybe the great beings included an exaust shaft or something I don't know.

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

#8 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,874 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:51 PM

It was also in LOMN

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean the old BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui PC game from 2001 that got cancelled before its official release?

In any case, it's not a very serious part of the story, just a little joke, so I don't see what sense there is trying to worry about whether it's "physically possible". Macku blushes right through her mask in one of the Bohrok online animations. This is obviously not canon, since there is no blood running through a metal mask, but within the context of a cartoon animation it conveyed her embarrassment better than any other text or visual cues could have done.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Apr 14 2014 - 07:53 PM.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#9 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 251 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:52 PM

It was also in LOMN

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean the old BIONICLE: The Legend of Mata Nui PC game from 2001 that got cancelled before its official release?

Yes, It was in lomn

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

#10 Online Princess Anna of Arendelle

Princess Anna of Arendelle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,697 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 08:01 PM

My mind is in a strange place right now. 

Very strange. ._.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Novan | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

d8jd4ms7xgv9wdefg.jpg?size_id=5

#11 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,926 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 08:01 PM

This is the first I've heard of this. (i"ve never played MNOG or seen anything of LOMN) IMO, I believe its just a non-canon part of those games that was there for laughs and nothing more. I like to believe that the majority, if not all, of the beings in the MU don't have the ability to perform this particular function, but that is just me. 

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster, Apr 14 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#12 Offline RahkshiToa88

RahkshiToa88
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 263 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 08:06 PM

This is the first I've heard of this. (i"ve never played MNOG or seen anything of LOMN) IMO, I believe its just a non-canon part of those games that was there for laughs and nothing more. I like to believe that the majority, if not all, of the beings in the MU don't have the ability to perform this particular function, but that is just me. 

You need to play MNOG! Is is an amazing game, and the scope is astounding, especially considering the year- 2000- it was made in! Anyways, I always assumed it was just heat buildup inside his armor that was released in the form of a flame ball from the areas with more... err... open spaces like the head and hips.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

:smilepohatunu: :smilelehvak:

#13 Offline Makuta of Comedy

Makuta of Comedy
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 762 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 08:46 PM

It's the tough and mystifying questions in life, such as this that keep me up throughout the night as I toss and turn in my bed.

If only you had known what horrible retribution your comment would rain down upon you.

#14 Offline PrismWind

PrismWind
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

• 251 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 08:48 PM

I loved Kapura in LOMN! He was always farting whenever you talked to him lol

In The Prism Dimension,

nyan2.gif

Nyan Cat Sees ALL

#15 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,653 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 09:27 PM

Clearly, Kapura has powers beyond that of any being we know, and uses those unimaginable godly powers to bend the rules of life and the universe, in order to fart. It's Bionicle's best kept secret.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#16 Offline NickonAquaMagna

NickonAquaMagna
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 286 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 10:09 PM

What a way to end my day...

nova_orbis_sig_2_by_nickinamerica-d7m226

#17 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 4,485 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 10:47 PM

In all seriousness, Matoran probably do have a built-in system to remove buildups of heat from their system, like a car exhaust.

"What kind of pedophile would hang out on BZP? The only people left on here are

nostalgic 18-year-olds. He'd be the laughingstock of the pedophile community."

-Me to my mom

makusdiary.png

99% of BZPower has grown out of this pointless fad. If you're part of the 1% willing

to cling to it out of an irrational pseudo-nostalgia, copy and paste this into your signature!

#18 Offline Hahli Husky

Hahli Husky
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Sailor Guardian

• 5,144 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 02:46 AM

I changed the topic title because it's kinda edgy, not sure if a BD staff member will want to leave this open or not.

(I still laughed)

Edited by Hahli Husky, Apr 16 2014 - 02:37 AM.

#19 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 9,379 posts

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 03:08 AM

I guess that was just the producer's way of saying that Kapura was full of

hot air.

#20 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,883 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 04:01 AM

At first I thought this was a trolling/spam post.

But then I read it and remembered seeing Kapura do that.

#21 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,174 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 04:09 AM

This really wasn't what I needed this early in the day.

#22 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Corruption

• 18,330 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 04:20 AM

Such a question boils down to "does Kapura have a butt or not?".

Butt really, it actually boils down to: "does Kapura have a digestive system?".

If we were to take one of the passages in Tales of the Masks as canonical (the one in which Whenua and Onua share a meal), then we might be able to assume that the Matoran species and their subspecies possess a working digestive system. In that case, we can also assume that Kapura's intestines are present, and capable of producing flatulence that will be expelled from an orifice possibly located on his rear end. The lack of visible buttocks does not indicate that the rest of his digestive system is not there.

However, if the species does not consume food in the way we do (through the mouth), then obviously Kapura is magical.

Or he's making farting noises.

Both alternatives are pretty fartfetched, so I subscribe to the fact that he and other Matoran have similar digestive systems to us.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#23 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,090 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 06:51 AM

I think some mysteries are better left unsolved. Also, there's something called the suspension of disbelief that you sometimes need to apply - not everything is going to make logical sense.

Thread closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users