• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A Poll About Polls

Poll Polls Polling Feedback

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think about polls?

Were you aware that BZPower had poll functionality?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If you had the ability, would you make polls?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Would you buy a Premier Membership to have the ability to make polls?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,046 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 01:56 PM

Hey there everyone! We'd like to get your feedback about a longstanding feature of BZPower - polls! We used to have an entire forum dedicated to them, but these days they can go just about anywhere.

Did you know we had polls on BZPower? Do you wish you could make polls? Are you considering buying a Premier Membership just so you can make polls? We want to know your thoughts!

Your input is always appreciated and will go to improving BZPower.

#2 Offline Trans Girl Tamaru

Trans Girl Tamaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,763 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 03:04 PM

the irony of this poll is great

#3 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,303 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 04:22 PM

We didn't know if you liked polls, so we put some polls in a poll so we could poll about how you pole a poll.

Currently, polling features are not my main concern and I would not be too upset if it just became a thing all people could do. Gosh what a weird unrelated thing.

Edited by Makaru, Jul 08 2014 - 04:25 PM.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#4 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,832 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 05:09 PM

1. To quote Mr. Bison, OF COURSE! B-)

2. If I had the ability to make them, I'd probably only make them every now and again. But that is only because I rarely makes topics at all. It would just depend on the question I wanted to ask.

3. I wouldn't buy Premier Membership just to make polls. I'd buy it mainly for the blog. But I wouldn't complain about getting the option to make polls though.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster, Jul 08 2014 - 05:10 PM.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#5 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Members
  • Toa

• 167 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 06:30 PM

I think buying Premier Memberships just to make polls is a bit far, however i do plan on getting an Infinite Premier Membership for all the other perks, that is when i have a lot more pocket money than i do at the current moment.

#6 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,662 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 07:25 PM

Poll-making was far from the reason I got a premier membership (why bother, when I could just PM a Premier Member to do it for me?). And honestly it kind of annoys me when a member PMs me asking me to make a poll without clearly explaining what they want the poll and the options to be. I don't even know whether I've ever made a poll in all my years on BZP.

However, I often like voting in polls and posting my thoughts (like I'm doing right now, come to think of it). I like having the option to make polls, if there's an issue with limited options which I'd like to gauge BZPower's views on. I LOVE that polls have been integrated into the main fora of BZPower now, instead of being secluded in a separate forum where no posts, from the pithy to the Aanchir-length, counted toward your post count (which may have been to stop short and self-explanatory posts from counting, but I suspect wound up stifling deep and meaningful discussions in poll topics even more).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#7 Offline Kakaru

Kakaru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Fish

• 1,748 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:42 PM

this topic reminds me that I once wished I hadn't bought lifetime premier so I could buy the six-month thing to jack my proto bar up to OBZPC status but I never got that far?? Wind also once gave me +6000 proto so I guess it all evens out

I have the ability to make polls and have literally never once made one. I like the blogs.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達

#8 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,782 posts

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:54 PM

I like polls. I wish I had all the time in the world so I could spam the forum with them. Unfortunately if I turned all of my polling ideas into new topics I would be ostracized severely because there is not enough activity on yonder forum to merit that many polls. 

This topic is torturing me with them. I need to go somewhere else. 

#9 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,021 posts

Posted Jul 09 2014 - 07:17 AM

Polls are a cool feature, I just never manage to come up with decent idea for them, thus hardly make any. :/

screenshot_53.jpg

Sometimes appearanes change, but the heart behind them stays the same...

#10 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,975 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2014 - 08:52 AM

I think I made one poll once, many year ago, but what the poll was about, I don't remember. And I think I may have made it because someone asked me to, not because I wanted to.

All I know is that polls are probably my least favorite and least used PM perk. I've never really enjoyed or used them much.

-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 07/28/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#11 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,209 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2014 - 11:54 AM

I like polls, but really have no interest in making them. It does seem like it should be open to all members, as it doesn't seem like a huge incentive to buy Premier anyway.

14429550443_81164861ed_m.jpg                                                   14283430456_547b585d15_m.jpg

BBCC 68 entry: SCM-541: The White Viper                               July flickr Contest Entry: Tyrak, Toa of Light

#12 Offline Tekulo in the Green

Tekulo in the Green
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 1,336 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, I got premier membership mostly to support the site and the blogs were pretty much the biggest perk I was interested in. 

I can't say I considered the polls as a perk at all when I made my decision, though.

I wouldn't mind if it was something any member had access to.

#13 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,760 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2014 - 01:18 PM

I like polls for certain things. Generally, though, I prefer a good, hearty discussion to an anonymous poll. I rarely make polls of my own, and didn't buy my premier membership for the ability to make polls.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#14 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Scavenger

• 617 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 10 2014 - 06:59 PM

The polls are great thing for the voting in contest and other things plus it good that the ability to poll is for premier membership. I haven't yet made a poll but it would be rarely and like Aanchir, I didn't got premier membership for making polls. 

image.php?u=47115&dateline=1334913320

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#15 Online Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 01:21 PM

I've never made one, but they sure can be useful for voting and gauging actual numbers of individuals interested in something.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#16 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,032 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 07:38 PM

Ah, polls. I don't really care much for them but for RPG Contest voting.

I'd still probably make one if I got Premier Membership.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users