Does anyone go through the archives?

I hope I'm not embarrassing myself by saying that i go through the Bzpower archives on the main page a lot which date all the way back to 2001 when Bzpower and BIONICLE started, because i think its cool seeing the news on the 'new' sets released and like the sneak peeks of sets to come when BIONICLE was out, and its also cool seeing the amazing sales on the sets when they were close to being retired. does anyone else do this or am i the only one?

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

I did go through it once or twice a while ago. Honestly though, I didn't even realize BZP still had that information; I assumed (not that I actually thought about it before) that the early data of the archives got thrown out with the rest BZP's outdated forum records.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

I went though it awhile ago looking for stuff related to my generally classified BZP research topics. I also spent some time looking for broken links. 

I generally don't go back there unless I find a link to something in one of the Greg Dialogues, or I want an ancient set review of an old Bionicle set before buying it. 

Not particularly often. I mainly visited the archives to save copies of my older Epics before the archives were taken down. And I don't look at the news archives at all, as I don't really have too much of a desire to read old news stories.

~B~

I haven't for a while - but I do find the idea that things which I vividly remember as new are now older than the things which were ancient when I first joined and looked through the history. :P I feel so old. :(

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I think Whenua did that occasionally.

Oh wait, you mean BZP members? I've done a few times. I was dissapointed that all the links are broken though.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Going through the old set review archives used to be one of my past times on BZP. 

I think there was a point in time I had read all of the reviews dating back to the first one, but that time has past.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

I occasionally do, mostly looking at old reviews. I miss the way it was on this site when BIONICLE was alive and flourishing (about the 2002-05). Before it was old enough for anyone to feel nostalgia about it, and we appreciated it just because it was awesome.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think Whenua did that occasionally.

Good one. ;)

I've looked at the reviews and the really important pieces of news occasionally, but I can't bring myself to comprehensively look at over ten years' worth of news, especially as it seems many pieces are just sales reports for sets (indeed, an entire line) long out of production.

• 2 weeks later...

To seriously answer this topic, yes, I still go through the news archives. Visiting BZP was as much a part of my early adolescent experience as BIONICLE itself, so I have fond memories of those days I got to use a DSL-capable computer to browse the Internet and found some exciting news item on Kanohi-Power or Bionicle Zone (and after the merger, of course). I am particularly fond of going back to old reviews written by Jon (Dimensioneer). He had a great style when it came to writing about sets, one that I wish was still the "gold standard" for set reviews on BZP today.

I'd love to see the forum archives as well, since I'm suddenly starting to miss all my old posts. Even the newbie ones.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

I occasionally get through. Its fun too see what one can find 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I go through the news archives every now and then. It's fun to skim through the old reviews and read the captions under the pictures.

I haven't visited the old forum in a while. Last time I was there I cringed at some of my old posts.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.

I'm also sad enough to re-read all my old 'comedies'.

*cringe* I know that feel.

Are they as awful as you expected? Because I look back and I did have a couple of gems here and there. Particularly the entirety of Phovos's Stolen Diaries.

And there's also all the old story contests and General Discussion stuff and all that. Always fun.