Mafia XVI: Gallows and Gambits

Dapper-Sama

Meso seems innocent enough or are we finally starting a massacre?

They're out for blood

and i'm just sayin

It's HIGHlY_SuSPecT

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Wait, Ehks, this really is the first game you were lynched in?

Yeah.

Started playing in game 8, and it took 8 games for me to be lynched instead of killed at night/survive to the end of the game.

Only games I didn't get to the end in were 8, 11, and this one now.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Don't worry, I'm being democratic. The person I am most requested to kill will be the one who dies. So far I've had three different requests. The final decision will be made sometime on Sunday, which will give me over a day to tell Dapper my choice. If two or more people have the same amount of requests, I'll use an RNG. I accept requests from both PMs and the Topic itself. That fair enough for you?

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Wow Ehks.

You are on suspiciously good terms with the Village.

Maybe because I'm, more often than not, a villager? And if I'm not, I'm on the villager's side, at least.

well except for two side games in which i was mafia

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Don't worry, I'm being democratic. The person I am most requested to kill will be the one who dies. So far I've had three different requests. The final decision will be made sometime on Sunday, which will give me over a day to tell Dapper my choice. If two or more people have the same amount of requests, I'll use an RNG. I accept requests from both PMs and the Topic itself. That fair enough for you?

Does "yourself" count as a valid request?

It's not really democratic unless "yourself" counts. If it doesn't, it's more like the American system of government, where you are the equivalent of president and have a veto... Except without the part where a majority makes the... err, kill... pass, regardless of your veto...

(Interestingly enough, you also have the pocket veto at your disposal, in the form of not sending in a kill at all)

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

I guess yeah, it'd count. But it'd be pointless, as leaving me alive lets you kill another suspect each night, one that you choose. For example, say that the Shadows kill someone. You lynch the wrong people, and the Shadow gets to live. You know who he is, because he's the last suspect, but you can't kill him, as you lynched the wrong people. I would be able to get rid of him for you. See how I could be useful?

And it's not like I'm gonna be allowed to live long by any of the villainous factions anyway, so you might as well use my help while it's available.

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Apprarently Dapper goes to this unimportant thing called "Real Life" :P on weekends and doesn't count that time as part of the 48 hours between scenes.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

And he also said the deadline was Monday, which it clearly isn't right now.

And I'm afraid the phone lines are now closed, and the winner has been decided. Should I still be alive tomorrow night, tune in then for another chance to vote your preferred victim to be killed. We had several competitors tonight, but one of them got a strong amount of votes. And by a strong amount of votes, I mean more than 1. I'm sorry Mesonak, but your number has been called.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Well, considering multiple people suspect Mesonak, it might be wise to let me kill him. I bet someone's gonna murder me tonight anyway, so it'd be pointless for him to target me.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

The Keeper cannot save SV, if he targets a murderer the murderer has to die. I'm betting 100 widgets on both B and C happening. He saves Meso by killing SV.

Well, considering multiple people suspect Mesonak, it might be wise to let me kill him. I bet someone's gonna murder me tonight anyway, so it'd be pointless for him to target me.

And if everyone thinks somebody else will do it?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

The Keeper of Love and Justice does indeed pick between protecting in Investakilling. He can inadvertently protect a Murderer, yes.

Most of the PMs were received, but I'm really out of it today and will write the scene tomorrow.

Edited by Dapper-San

Morally unambiguous.

The Keeper of Love and Justice does indeed pick between protecting in Investakilling. He can inadvertently protect a Murderer, yes.

Most of the PMs were received, but I'm really out of it today and will write the scene tomorrow.

It is Tuesday.

Dapper, you know there's a board thing that saves what you're writing periodically?

If you accidentally get rid of something, it should say in the bottom-left corner of the posting area that it has something saved.

Dapper, you know there's a board thing that saves what you're writing periodically?

If you accidentally get rid of something, it should say in the bottom-left corner of the posting area that it has something saved.

Learn somethin' new every day...

2xu8Ptu.png

Dear Murderers:

I know you're not exactly the nice sort of person, but I do not have the ability to kill and would like someone to do dirty work in the name of justice. I will see to it that you get special provisions if you carry out the following task:

Kill Mesonak. Actually, no. Either Zehvor, whether they are of the flavour Meso or MT, is fair game. I think it's only fair they die as well. 

-Your local foolish nuisance who is more likely to get killed by you than anything else.

...come on now. I just got out of jail, it'd be nice if I could take more than three steps before getting shot on the street.

Anyway I have now returned gloriously. I will direct all questions about my unfortunate predicament to my lawyers over at TTV.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Filler is much appreciated.

Night of the Second Day

On that rainy, cold night, the Investigation Team met just outside the Cafe, coincidentally, near the same alleyway where Luroka and Caboose died. Their plan was to investigate the Toa of Emoji, but, just before they set off, they ran into an incredibly buff, shirtless ninja (if he could even be called that). They saw him as highly suspicious, and decided to trail him.

The ninja didn't even try to mask his movements, he didn't even bother covering his face. The Investigation Team collectively decided that he didn't really fit the common definition of a ninja; if anything, he was more like a samurai. He was jogging towards the residential part of town, no doubt to kill someone. This could be one of the Murderers!

Naturally, the Detectives were proven wrong. He walked up to the residence of Burnmad, and knocked twice. Burnmad, of course, was rather surprised to discover the shirtless ninja, standing out there in the pouring rain. He, in a very polite tone, told Burnmad, "I wish to duel with you."

"What?" asked Burnmad.

"I wish to duel you. Out here. Now or some time soon."

"I don't follow."

"Do you know what a duel is?"

"Yes, of course, but I don't have a weapon."

The ninja frowned. "I hope you are versed in unarmed combat."

"What?... Well, let me get my raincoat first."

A few minutes later, Burnmad, properly dressed for the weather, exited his house. He was clearly nervous. With a cry of "JUSTIIIIIIICE!!!" the ninja immediately kicked him in the chest. The blow itself didn't knock him off of his feet, but staggered him. While trying to regain his balance, Burnmad slipped on the rain and fell on his rump. The ninja unsheathed his sword and leveled it at Burn's neck.

"You're rather weak... I doubt you would be able to kill anyone in cold blood," said the ninja.

"What is this all about??" asked Burnmad, confused.

"You... deserve to live." The ninja sheathes his sword, and walks away.

Burnmad, ???, deemed worthy by the Keeper of Love and Justice

The Detectives saw everything. They were even taking notes- rain-soaked notes, but they were still notes- on the situation. They headed to the Cafe to asses what they saw, and to decide on whether or not publish their findings.

Burnmad, ???, investigated by Investigation Team

Elsewhere, Meso Zehvor was waiting outside the house of his friend MT, who had been rather sick for a few days. He'd been standing outside for about thirty minutes, the whole time, saying to himself, I should've borrowed Burnmad's jacket... I should've borrowed Burnmad's jacket... He heard footsteps coming from behind him, and turned around. Recalling recent events, those footsteps might spell certain doom for him, but he saw none other than MT Zehvor, the person he was looking for. Which means the last half-hour of cold rain was totally pointless.

MT himself was in for a surprise, when he heard footsteps behind him. He, naturally, turned around, seeing a humanoid figure he didn't recognize. Of course, he panicked, and fled the scene. The person didn't seem to have much interest in MT, and instead began walking, slowly, towards Meso. Meso, instead of running like he should've, tried to jam open the door to MT's house while the creepy guy got closer, and closer and closer. By the time Meso had got out his screwdriver and bobby pins, the killer was upon him, and he was brutally murdered with a hacksaw.

Meso Zehvor, Villager, killed by Murderer

Meanwhile, the muscular and charismatic local celebrity known as the King, got bored. His good friend Shadowhawk wasn't picking up the phone, so decided to make a new friend. He looked in his address book (some entries were crossed out and replaced by annotations such as "killed night 1 by murderer") and looked up a random number. He called it.

"Heyo!"

"Trijhak."

"That's me."

"I'm bored, and I'd be honored to have you over."

"Alright, sounds like a plan! I'll be over in just a minute."

Trijhak, ???, diverted by King

At about that time, Shadowvezon was sitting in his room, staring into his broken television. He, his chair and much of his carpet were sopping wet. You'd think he was expecting something special to happen, staring at the telly at midnight on a rainy night, but really he was just looking at his television because he had nothing better to do. Of course, his day got far more interesting when a figure, rather similar to himself, burst from his television.

"SURPRISE!!!" yelled the television person. Shadowvezon was indeed surprised.

"And what are you supposed to be?" SV asked.

"Oh. -ahem- I am a Shadow..."

"I swear on me mum's grave, if you say the words 'the true s-"

Shadowvezon was interrupted  mid-sentence by a spear to the gut.

"Oh, you're one of those guys. Know this, you blind fool... Shadows... don't speak!" said the dying SV. "And additionally, they're going to play you like a violin and then cut the strings....!"

And with that, Shadowvezon perished.

Shadowvezon, Murderer, killed by Murderer.

The killer heaved a sigh of relief. His attack had gone well, and he left no evidence that would pin him as the murderer. Okay, maybe he could leave some evidence. He took a red pen from his pocket and wrote the words ANNIE ARE YOU OK on the wall. He chuckled, and said under his breath, "References!"

In that moment in time, an old man crawled through the window and got to his feet. SV's killer turned around to see one of the creatures he revered; a Shadow. The killer smiled warmly.

"The deed is done. Now, what of my reward?" he said.

The Shadow didn't say a word (since Shadows indeed do not speak), but instead punched him in the gut with blinding speed. This wasn't supposed to happen! thought the killer, falling to his knees. From behind, some other person creature kicked him in the back of the head. Looking around himself as he was beaten, he saw all five Shadows smacking him down. Eventually, they stopped beating him, and simply stood in a circle around him.

The killer, beaten, bloody but still alive, was still able to see. He notice that the Shadows were all sort of melting into gelatinous form, like that one did in the night. Man, what a way to go. What happened next was utterly horrible and gruesome, but thankfully the Shadows left no physical remains.

Snubby, Murderer, killed by Shadows

Snubby's death

Toa K: Seen talking with Snubby before he died, could possibly be the Shadow he was collaborating with.

Swimming Beard: The Shadow that attacked Snubby first was an old man; old men are associated with beards.

MT Zehvor: Where exactly did he run off to when he saw Meso's killer?

Morally unambiguous.

The killer heaved a sigh of relief. His attack had gone well, and he left no evidence that would pin him as the murderer. Okay, maybe he could leave some evidence. He took a red pen from his pocket and wrote the words ANNIE ARE YOU OK on the wall. He chuckled, and said under his breath, "References!"

I didn't get the reference, even though I, apparently, wrote it

2xu8Ptu.png