OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

If was wondering, if you took an audience that doesn't know about Bionicle, and showed them the G1 videos (the CG trailers from each year), and then the G2 animated trailer, which would they prefer or think is cooler?

G1. The new vids are terrible.

They're fine, the only disappointing one so far was 8. Hopefully they'll get a lot better as the line grows and LEGO decides not to play it safe anymore.

Wanna know why cartoon channels like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney XD, etc. are so successful? Kids love cheese. 

Edited by Anonymous User

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Wanna know why cartoon channels like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney XD, etc. are so successful? Kids love cheese. 

Wanna know why shows like my little pony and gravity falls are so successful? People like being taken seriously. 

Ha. Ha. ha. Oh, my sides.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Wanna know why shows like my little pony and gravity falls are so successful? People like being taken seriously.

What's so funny?

My Little Pony isn't exactly high art, is it? Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, Steven Universe are all great cartoons, but that's it. They're cartoons first with a merchandising machine followng. Bionicle is a toyline first with cartoons following. Compare Bionicle to something in the same category, at least.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

What's so funny?

My Little Pony isn't exactly high art, is it? Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, Steven Universe are all great cartoons, but that's it. They're cartoons first with a merchandising machine followng. Bionicle is a toyline first with cartoons following. Compare Bionicle to something in the same category, at least.

I wasn't so much comparing bionicle to those shows as much as I was pointing out that they can do away with the "cheese" and still be successful, also the MLP thing is completely opinion based so you can't factually say it is or isn't "high art".

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

See, the thing with me is I have like 4-5 Targets within a 30 min drive. But the nearest LEGO store is 2-3 hours away. :(

So this Hero Pack is really just LEGO laughing in my face.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

What's so funny?

My Little Pony has a lot more going for it than you give it credit for.  The story arcs actually mirror Gen 1 BIONICLE in more than a few ways.

You can say the new shorts are cheesy all you want, but at least they're up-front about it.  Looking back, the 2001-era comics were hilariously overdramatic.

• Upvote 6

OpAXNpl.jpg

Art is subjective (up to the interpretation of the viewer), so whether or not any of the things mentioned so far is or is not art is not going to be factual.

I will say, however, that I am in love with the style of the Bionicle minisodes. I love it so much, everyone.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I wasn't so much comparing bionicle to those shows as much as I was pointing out that they can do away with the comedy and still be successful

If you think Gravity Falls, MLP, Steven Universe, etc. have "done away with the comedy" i have to wonder if we're even watching the same shows.

Ok my message was VERY poorly messaged, what I mean is that the new bionicle can still be successful without talking down to it's audience.

It's time to move on.

This 14-karat Gold Mask hunt is getting me pumped. Finally, a great promotional incentive to fire my interest back up greatly. :P Really nice that we get to see so many of the designers this generation.

Also, apparently my brother picked up the Protector of Ice and Water today which is pretty awesome - we have the full winter wave now! He said that the LEGO Store had some cool Bionicle displays and the shooter game was interesting (he didn't participate though).

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Did he talk about how the game worked at all? Like are you holding just the gun or weapon or the whole figure or what? And what are you shooting? Is it just like little skull spiders they drop in and scatter around or something? Is it difficult at all or something that anyone who isn't a kid would easily win?

• Upvote 1

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

My Little Pony has a lot more going for it than you give it credit for. The story arcs actually mirror Gen 1 BIONICLE in more than a few ways.

You can say the new shorts are cheesy all you want, but at least they're up-front about it. Looking back, the 2001-era comics were hilariously overdramatic.

I've never watched MLP or heard much about it beyond "little girl's pony show". I honestly cannot judge it as a comparison, despite my distaste.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

This 14-karat Gold Mask hunt is getting me pumped. Finally, a great promotional incentive to fire my interest back up greatly. :P Really nice that we get to see so many of the designers this generation.

-crunch-

I'm pretty excited as well! Even though I have the worst luck when it comes to things like this, I'll remain optimistic on winning any of the contests Lego's going to put forth. Speaking of which, what happened to the 14k Mask of Creation? I wonder if Lego has put that one away for the "Grand Prize" when the rest of the masks have been given away. 

Edited by Anonymous User
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

My Little Pony has a lot more going for it than you give it credit for. The story arcs actually mirror Gen 1 BIONICLE in more than a few ways.

You can say the new shorts are cheesy all you want, but at least they're up-front about it. Looking back, the 2001-era comics were hilariously overdramatic.

I've never watched MLP or heard much about it beyond "little girl's pony show". I honestly cannot judge it as a comparison, despite my distaste.

Then don't just off-handedly dismiss it, especially by just saying it's not "high art"; none of what we're discussing here would be considered "high art" either, so that's completely irrelevant.

I also still don't get why people think that making the story easier to understand means that LEGO is "talking down" to the audience.  What's so condescending about it?  Other than the usual "ruining my childhood" nonsense, of course.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

Then don't just off-handedly dismiss it, especially by just saying it's not "high art"; none of what we're discussing here would be considered "high art" either, so that's completely irrelevant.

Most of what I had heard about that show put it on the same level as Johnny Bravo and Teen Titans Go: interesting at times, but nothing special. So drawing on the evidence I did have, can you blame me for being skeptical of it?

What's so funny?

My Little Pony has a lot more going for it than you give it credit for.  The story arcs actually mirror Gen 1 BIONICLE in more than a few ways.

You can say the new shorts are cheesy all you want, but at least they're up-front about it.  Looking back, the 2001-era comics were hilariously overdramatic.

The 2001-era comics were nothing more than glorified commercials. Case in point: Rahkshi Kaita.

• Upvote 2

I also still don't get why people think that making the story easier to understand means that LEGO is "talking down" to the audience.  What's so condescending about it?  Other than the usual "ruining my childhood" nonsense, of course.

It's not so much that it "ruined my childhood" so much as it completely forgets what bionicle was and what it's meant to be, a biological chronicle, and it's hard to get the chronicle side out of it when the chronicle is told in a matter of nine minutes with very little explanation of the characters and world, so no it's not that I'm nostalgia blind it's just that I think lego is forgetting what bionicle was/is at heart. 

It's time to move on.

It's not so much that it "ruined my childhood" so much as it completely forgets what bionicle was and what it's meant to be, a biological chronicle, and it's hard to get the chronicle side out of it when the chronicle is told in a matter of nine minutes with very little explanation of the characters and world, so no it's not that I'm nostalgia blind it's just that I think lego is forgetting what bionicle was/is at heart. 

[Emphasis mine.] That's one of the least descriptive descriptions around; it's a bit of an out there description but could still be applied to many fictional stories that one could call a chronicle of someone or something that happened to be biological(ish)... ;)

But yeah, I feel like they really could do a lot more character~world building, & be a bit more audience inclusive (ie talk as if you were talking to a high functioning adult, but in a way that you are still understandable to audiences which don't meet those criteria [~don't talk 'down' to the audience~]).

To those who don't see what's condescending about it: first note that I'm not sure condescending is the exact word for it, & 2; using language that is understood by your audience is great, going above that can lead to them being unsure of your meaning &/or feeling less intelligent(/informed!) than you, but using language that is "over-easy" to your audience can make them feel like you think they are less intelligent than what they are.

So if you're not the target audience you are probably/hopefully/(should) going to forgive this, but if the target audience looks to be a few (developmental[?]) years above the level used... Well why? Being able to use a more 'advanced' writing~ style is to the creators advantage; if it's not implying/doing any of the previously mentioned things it's probably implying that the work isn't meant to be taken as much more than X minutes of brain-off time.

Simple isn't bad, & it's not exactly about needing to take something seriously (this isn't about something being humorous or not etc.), but that if somethings best attribute is hey it burns up time & you don't need to think about it at all... yeah.

• Upvote 3

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

[Emphasis mine.] That's one of the least descriptive descriptions around; it's a bit of an out there description but could still be applied to many fictional stories that one could call a chronicle of someone or something that happened to be biological(ish)... ;)

But yeah, I feel like they really could do a lot more character~world building, & be a bit more audience inclusive (ie talk as if you were talking to a high functioning adult, but in a way that you are still understandable to audiences which don't meet those criteria [~don't talk 'down' to the audience~]).

To those who don't see what's condescending about it: first note that I'm not sure condescending is the exact word for it, & 2; using language that is understood by your audience is great, going above that can lead to them being unsure of your meaning &/or feeling less intelligent(/informed!) than you, but using language that is "over-easy" to your audience can make them feel like you think they are less intelligent than what they are.

So if you're not the target audience you are probably/hopefully/(should) going to forgive this, but if the target audience looks to be a few (developmental[?]) years above the level used... Well why? Being able to use a more 'advanced' writing~ style is to the creators advantage; if it's not implying/doing any of the previously mentioned things it's probably implying that the work isn't meant to be taken as much more than X minutes of brain-off time.

Simple isn't bad, & it's not exactly about needing to take something seriously (this isn't about something being humorous or not etc.), but that if somethings best attribute is hey it burns up time & you don't need to think about it at all... yeah.

Yeah! I could say all the toa's names off by heart by the time I was 4 years old, and if kids can't read it then surely wouldn't they just ask their parents? I mean I don't think the language used is gonna put them off, I mean it will still look interesting/cool. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

The 2001-era comics were nothing more than glorified commercials. Case in point: Rahkshi Kaita.

Well, let's be fair here; the entire story is just a "glorified commercial" since it's really meant to sell the toys.

The thing is, "what BIONICLE was" was a very specific concept with a specific story in mind.  The whole of the Gen 1 plot revolved around the metaphor of the Toa acting as "medicine" to cure Mata Nui of his "illness".  The driving force behind the entire plot was the big secret that Mata Nui was actually a giant robot under the island.

The problem with that is it really only works once.  Another big robot reveal would seem really cheap.  So instead of following Gen 1 to the letter, the designers took many of the elements that went into the 2001-2003 and reworked them into a new story.  We still have the six Toa, we still have a mysterious island, we still have Makuta sending his brother to sleep.

Saying that this new story "completely forgets" the old one is not giving the designers the credit they deserve.  Gen 2 follows the 2001-2003 feel more closely than some of the later Gen 1 years did.

Yeah! I could say all the toa's names off by heart by the time I was 4 years old, and if kids can't read it then surely wouldn't they just ask their parents? I mean I don't think the language used is gonna put them off, I mean it will still look interesting/cool. 

That doesn't mean everyone could, and those that couldn't probably didn't stay interested in the line for very long.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

I don't mind Gen 2 is more simple. Gen 1 is my personal Star Wars, I have a big collection of collectibles and sets, even some posters and flags,but I believe the designers have choosen this tone for the old fans too. I mean most of us are adults now. Personally I oftrn work 12-14 hours a day, sometimes even without a day off, and it's easier to follow this kind of storytelling. And it's not that bad, Just different.

Think about the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Usually their movies are less dark and contains a lot of humour. Fans had to wait years to get a darker tone ín Winter Soldier, still most of their movies are great. Even Gotg has a light tone.

• Upvote 1

Well, let's be fair here; the entire story is just a "glorified commercial" since it's really meant to sell the toys.

The thing is, "what BIONICLE was" was a very specific concept with a specific story in mind.  The whole of the Gen 1 plot revolved around the metaphor of the Toa acting as "medicine" to cure Mata Nui of his "illness".  The driving force behind the entire plot was the big secret that Mata Nui was actually a giant robot under the island.

The problem with that is it really only works once.  Another big robot reveal would seem really cheap.  So instead of following Gen 1 to the letter, the designers took many of the elements that went into the 2001-2003 and reworked them into a new story.  We still have the six Toa, we still have a mysterious island, we still have Makuta sending his brother to sleep.

Saying that this new story "completely forgets" the old one is not giving the designers the credit they deserve.  Gen 2 follows the 2001-2003 feel more closely than some of the later Gen 1 years did.

That doesn't mean everyone could, and those that couldn't probably didn't stay interested in the line for very long.

I never once said they have to follow the exact same story as gen 1, heck I really like the idea of Ekimu, I like the looks of Okoto, what I'm saying is that they're missing out the vital elements that made G1 so interesting, the characters, the story, everything had a back story, everything was talked about. The issue is that Okoto is swept to the side in favour of robots mindlessly beating up spiders, and let's not forget they still haven't named the protectors.

And yes I'm aware that not everyone could say the names properly, but if that was really such an issue then why was the old line so successful. 

It's time to move on.

I never once said they have to follow the exact same story as gen 1, heck I really like the idea of Ekimu, I like the looks of Okoto, what I'm saying is that they're missing out the vital elements that made G1 so interesting, the characters, the story, everything had a back story, everything was talked about. The issue is that Okoto is swept to the side in favour of robots mindlessly beating up spiders, and let's not forget they still haven't named the protectors.

… nor did I say that you thought the stories had to be the same.  I was saying that much of what defined Gen 1, including and especially the 2001-2003 arcs, was the build-up to the reveal of the Great Spirit Robot.  Since this new story is (hopefully) not going to do the same thing, those clues and bits are irrelevant and have been left out in favor of new things.  You say that everything had a backstory, but as of 2001 the only "backstory" was the Mata Nui legend: Great Spirit gives island to Matoran, Makuta puts him to sleep out of jealousy and takes over.  And a lot of that has already been carried over into the current story.  It wasn't until the following years that the backstory was actually told; until 2004 everything new was just given the "ah, like the prophecy said" treatment by the Turaga.  Before that, the story was actually fairly simple; find masks, save island, wake up Mata Nui.  This story is no more "robots mindlessly beating up spiders" than 2001 was "robots mindlessly beating up animals".

And yes I'm aware that not everyone could say the names properly, but if that was really such an issue then why was the old line so successful. 

Because the sets had appeal even outside of the story, probably.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

I never once said they have to follow the exact same story as gen 1, heck I really like the idea of Ekimu, I like the looks of Okoto, what I'm saying is that they're missing out the vital elements that made G1 so interesting, the characters, the story, everything had a back story, everything was talked about.

Over the course of a ten-year story. In 2001, we knew nothing about where the Toa came from (and wouldn't until 2008.) The Turaga and the Matoran didn't acquire a backstory until 2004. Y'all seem to be projecting eight-and-a-half years of story onto Gen1's first year.

I'll grant that we knew more of the characters in 2001, but this was largely down to MNOG (which was, of course, a beautiful fluke.) Going by the comics, all we get are the Toa, two to each issue. Still more than we have yet in Gen2, but this leads into my next point...

The Winter wave is an appetizer. Unlike 2001, which consisted only of the Summer wave, 2015 has more space to breath. As such, the first part of the year is introducing us to the island, its heroes, and its backstory. We've only seen Tahu get his golden mask, but there's no reason to show any of the other Toa getting theirs. Kids will act out those scenarios themselves. All we have in the way of a prominent villain is LoSS. He is, as someone so aptly put it, a "first level boss." What's he doing? Guarding the way to the city where the Summer story takes place. The real action will no doubt be in the Summer story.

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I never once said they have to follow the exact same story as gen 1, heck I really like the idea of Ekimu, I like the looks of Okoto, what I'm saying is that they're missing out the vital elements that made G1 so interesting, the characters, the story, everything had a back story, everything was talked about.

Over the course of a ten-year story. In 2001, we knew nothing about where the Toa came from (and wouldn't until 2008.) The Turaga and the Matoran didn't acquire a backstory until 2004. Y'all seem to be projecting eight-and-a-half years of story onto Gen1's first year.

I'll grant that we knew more of the characters in 2001, but this was largely down to MNOG (which was, of course, a beautiful fluke.) Going by the comics, all we get are the Toa, two to each issue. Still more than we have yet in Gen2, but this leads into my next point...

The Winter wave is an appetizer. Unlike 2001, which consisted only of the Summer wave, 2015 has more space to breath. As such, the first part of the year is introducing us to the island, its heroes, and its backstory. We've only seen Tahu get his golden mask, but there's no reason to show any of the other Toa getting theirs. Kids will act out those scenarios themselves. All we have in the way of a prominent villain is LoSS. He is, as someone so aptly put it, a "first level boss." What's he doing? Guarding the way to the city where the Summer story takes place. The real action will no doubt be in the Summer story.

OK maybe I was generalizing a bit too much, but still though you said it yourself they took time to establish the world and characters, with G2 all they got is a mindless beat em up game, also I'd just like to point out that bionicle was available in Europe from December 31st 2000, so technically it did have a whole year to build itself. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

OK maybe I was generalizing a bit too much, but still though you said it yourself they took time to establish the world and characters, with G2 all they got is a mindless beat em up game, also I'd just like to point out that bionicle was available in Europe from December 31st 2000, so technically it did have a whole year to build itself. 

I mean, as much as I loved MNOG, it was very much a fluke that it ended up as great as it did. In G1, MNOGs were the minority; almost every other game was the kind of mindless game you criticize. Those are what's popular with the target audience, and it's pretty much always been. Even a majority of teenagers will pick a mindless shoot 'em up like Call of Duty over a story-based game like, say, Ace Attorney. It's not appealing to a stupider generation or anything like that; they're just trimming away the fat to reach the approach that, tried and true, has always worked best.

• Upvote 9

I mean, as much as I loved MNOG, it was very much a fluke that it ended up as great as it did. In G1, MNOGs were the minority; almost every other game was the kind of mindless game you criticize. Those are what's popular with the target audience, and it's pretty much always been. Even a majority of teenagers will pick a mindless shoot 'em up like Call of Duty over a story-based game like, say, Ace Attorney. It's not appealing to a stupider generation or anything like that; they're just trimming away the fat to reach the approach that, tried and true, has always worked best.

Well I wouldn't say it was a tiny minority, for one thing if you count the actual video games, the first (tales of the tohunga I believe) was very much based on exploration of the villages, there were those toa metru that came with those mini CD roms which if I recall were point and click adventure type games, there was the maze of shadows an action-adventure RPG hybrid, and bionicle heroes whilst yes a third person shooter still had very wide open levels and showed off a lot of Voya nui. I'd also like to point your attention towards MNOG II and VNOG both of which still had large amounts of exploration, I get the older bionicle online games weren't all that great but lego is reintroducing the theme to a new generation, so wouldn't it make sense for them to create a game showing off their world? 

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Well I wouldn't say it was a tiny minority, for one thing if you count the actual video games, the first (tales of the tohunga I believe) was very much based on exploration of the villages, there were those toa metru that came with those mini CD roms which if I recall were point and click adventure type games, there was the maze of shadows an action-adventure RPG hybrid, and bionicle heroes whilst yes a third person shooter still had very wide open levels and showed off a lot of Voya nui. I'd also like to point your attention towards MNOG II and VNOG both of which still had large amounts of exploration, I get the older bionicle online games weren't all that great but lego is reintroducing the theme to a new generation, so wouldn't it make sense for them to create a game showing off their world? 

tSGZ2rs.pnguwWOJcn.png

Games underlined in green are mostly canon games that focus on exploration and story. There are five.

Games underlined in orange also focus on exploration and story, but are mostly non-canon, which means playing one of those games doesn't actually give you a better grasp of the story year at all. There are two, with one of them being for Free the Band.

Games underlined in red not only are almost guaranteed to be completely non-canon depictions of events, but are also focused more on fitting into a non-exploratory genre than exploring. They are, in short, the very game you criticize Mask of Creation for being. There are 53 of those.

(One of them I didn't have enough information to dictate what it was, so it's blank. It's probably a red, though. Legend of Mata Nui is underlined in black, because it doesn't matter how story-focused it would have been, as it was cancelled and never released.)

When I say a tiny minority, I mean a tiny minority.

• Upvote 5

tSGZ2rs.pnguwWOJcn.png

Games underlined in green are mostly canon games that focus on exploration and story. There are five.

Games underlined in orange also focus on exploration and story, but are mostly non-canon, which means playing one of those games doesn't actually give you a better grasp of the story year at all. There are two, with one of them being for Free the Band.

Games underlined in red not only are almost guaranteed to be completely non-canon depictions of events, but are also focused more on fitting into a non-exploratory genre than exploring. They are, in short, the very game you criticize Mask of Creation for being. There are 53 of those.

(One of them I didn't have enough information to dictate what it was, so it's blank. It's probably a red, though. Legend of Mata Nui is underlined in black, because it doesn't matter how story-focused it would have been, as it was cancelled and never released.)

At what point did I bring up the story? I said reintroduction to their world, most of the games showed off the world (a major part of the appeal of bionicle), even if they weren't canon they still showed off elements of the world and culture, something the new line lacks. 

It's time to move on.

tSGZ2rs.pnguwWOJcn.png

At what point did I bring up the story? I said reintroduction to their world, most of the games showed off the world (a major part of the appeal of bionicle), even if they weren't canon they still showed off elements of the world and culture, something the new line lacks. 

Games like Bionicle Heroes have as much to do with showing off Voya Nui as Mask of Creation does with showing off the world. They both give an atmosphere of their location while not necessarily being fully canon interpretations of them.

Many of the other games do even less exploration of the world, actually; they're pretty much some formulaic cliche game with Bionicle graphics on them.

• Upvote 1

I forget how many Bionicle games there are, most of them *haven't been very accessible to me*.

Seeing these past few posts... I wonder how many Bionicle fans have played any of those 'red' games & haven't played any of the five 'green' ones vs people who have only played any of those 'red' ones...

Personally I don't think Mask of Creation is a terrible game, but I think it could have more added to it without it breaking up the tap-fest much; then again I'd be happy with them just adding more word-content to their website so >_<"

MNOG 2 is still my favourite official Bionicle game. I still hope they put something similar to it up on the Bionicle website...

I think there is room for both varieties of game, but if they don't feel the effort is warranted, I won't blame them.

I strongly feel they could make their next set of animations a bit more suited for say eight year olds (with the awareness they are also targeting 6 year olds, & arguably those that will be turning six soon...).

I tend to feel that one should be able to make something aimed for an audience of X to Y years, whilst still leaving a number of things in to actually entice older audiences, if one is careful I feel like one doesn't need to talk down to anyone but still leave gems for audiences other than the target... & to me it seems that the clips are aimed at a three year old children, with the intent of looking and sounding cool~fun without actually having any real content.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

tSGZ2rs.pnguwWOJcn.png

Games like Bionicle Heroes have as much to do with showing off Voya Nui as Mask of Creation does with showing off the world. They both give an atmosphere of their location while not necessarily being fully canon interpretations of them.

Many of the other games do even less exploration of the world, actually; they're pretty much some formulaic cliche game with Bionicle graphics on them.

Listen let's just call it quits alright, clearly no one is getting anywhere with anyone. 

It's time to move on.

Easy on the nested quotes, guys...

I loved MNOG, but it's semi-canon, and therefore unreliable. MNOG2 is also good, but bogged down by repetition.

Here's a question. How many of us actually played MNOG in 2001 when it was being released, and how many of us downloaded it years later? I'm in the latter camp.

• Upvote 2

I downloaded it later. I was only 1 when it came out!

On a different topic, Kopaka's gear arm is floppy. I tried replacing the gears and the pins that hold it in place, but they didn't work. 

Is that normal for him? I suspect it isn't after watching Jang's review, and does anybody have a suggestion for fixing it?

See, the thing with me is I have like 4-5 Targets within a 30 min drive. But the nearest LEGO store is 2-3 hours away. :(

Unless I missed it, your post lost in such a riveting argument I could barely contain my excitement. Just an FYI, if you are comfortable ordering online you can order the Hero Pack through LegoShop@Home so you may be in luck. Im pretty sure the deal ends in April so I can only hope this post reaches you in time.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Unless I missed it, your post lost in such a riveting argument I could barely contain my excitement. Just an FYI, if you are comfortable ordering online you can order the Hero Pack through LegoShop@Home so you may be in luck. Im pretty sure the deal ends in April so I can only hope this post reaches you in time.

Unfortunately the promotion only lasted until March 20th, so it's been done for a bit now. :/

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png