Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Uh, yeah, dude.

Honestly, I can't think of an RPG in this forum that wouldn't allow you to break away from an inactive interaction, provided you aren't participating in a GM Quest, of course; that's just something you normally don't have to ask to do.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, I forgot about this. Finally returned home and found Mute's MOC, so I'm editing his description a bit then posting. Apologies for...not posting at all, really. I just don't know where I could possibly start - any tips?

i blame click for this.

Name: Mute
Variation: Silence
Level: 2
Gear: One long, solid black glaive. This glaive is longer than Mute is tall – and Mute already is quite a tall Rahkshi.
Appearance: Mute is tall. Very, very tall. He towers over the majority of the other students in terms of height, but only in height. His body and limbs are thin and elongated, giving him an incredibly gangly look...that is, if it wasn't for his frankly oversized shoulder pauldrons and excessive amounts of armor on his arms. He had an oversized silver gauntlet on his left arm, and a considerably smaller one on his right. Despite this amount of armor, he still looks impossibly skinny and very nonthreatening.
Like most Rahkshi of Silence, Mute’s armor is grey with accents of black. Unlike many other Rahkshi of Silence, however, he has opted to adding silver chunks of armor to adorn his body, completely replacing his formerly grey shell with a silver one. His black armor is also unusual, in the sense that it is more predominant over the usual grey of a Rahkshi of Silence.
(MOC)
Personality: Mute is incredibly quiet. He rarely, if ever, speaks, and when he does his voice is nearly inaudible. He often hangs back away from groups and others, rather than butting his way into other conversations. Despite this, he holds himself with a large amount of confidence and pride. While not exactly kind, he’s not exactly mean-spirited either.
Bio: Mute hasn’t existed for long at all, being one of the newest students. Only recently has he gained a true skill with his weaponry, and he still knows very little of the world itself. Most of his time has been spent away from others, though recently he’s been more willing to not stay in the background.
Somewhat, at least.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Eep! I ended up dropping out before actually making a character xD I'll get started again.

It's hard not to get fanfiction ideas when working with this marvelous idea.  BUT I will need to do a significant amount of editing when I'm done.  Of course, by the time I do get started, I sure hope that no one minds reading walls.  I have been cursed with the inability to write short things.  Isn't that lovely? <<

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Ok, I'm sorry for double posting, but I had a couple questions.

Me and my friend have been collaborating on our characters for what feels like a year... I'm not sure if it has been.  Anyway, we're both pretty experienced roleplayers... and most places we play at have stricter requirements, and as such, I've had a hard time NOT making my character too complicated... and I think a fanfiction might be fun someday.  So I guess I was wondering if... we kinda summarized the history (and how it developed their characters) and went back to work on it later, would that be ok? I'm guessing the answer is yes, I just want to make sure I don't step on any toes here.  It's not like I can just find another Rahkshi rp if something happens... haha. 

Also, I've kind of been debating my Rahkshi's power... when I made him in 7th grade he was a Lehrahk, but my vision for the power was different from canon, so... I've been considering alternative options.  I was wondering if it would be a stretch for a mind reading Rahkshi to be able to sense emotions? Canon does state that level 1 Kraata have "empathetic" abilities, and maybe even be able to feel them slightly himself? More for character development than for personal gain, really.  He might not even realize he's sensing them, sometimes.

Also... I've seen some bios where Rahkshi have had significant experiences before coming to the academy, but in the first post it says:

As a freshly created beings your bios aren’t going to be too long, most of your entire existence so far consists of the months you’ve sent at the school. 

Considering that, I guess I'm wondering what the boundaries are?

Lastly... I recently made a Rahkhi template if anyone ever wants to color it.  I'll post it in the appropriate section later!

Edited by PancakeShiners

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Double posting is usually acceptable in RP Topics as long as there's about 24-48 hours between them.

Now as for your other concerns:

- A brief summary of your character's history is fine. Most of us don't usually exceed a paragraph anyway.

- A Level 2 Rahkshi of Mind Reading can sense both nearby emotions and beings.

- Boundaries normally consist of creation, brief periods of training, possibly some optional experimentation, and their arrival/experiences/school life up to the present. As long as they aren't fighting Toa, or killing off hordes of Matoran, there shouldn't be much of an issue.

Hopefully, this is enough to point you in the right direction, but if you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ok, thanks.

If including Toa in backstories is discouraged... It might be better, anyway, me and Shadow are eager to get started xD  I just wanted Sohnii, my character, to possibly question his existence and purpose, but that's kinda cliche.  I'll figure something out c;

Thanks for the help! 

Edited by PancakeShiners

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

To be perfectly fair, I don't believe simply having Toa in a character's backstory is what's discouraged; it's just that players who have included them in the past try to get away with defeating them in epic curb-stomp battles, when in reality, they'd be the ones getting curb-stomped, as they're only Level 2.

Because of this, Makuta probably wouldn't be sending their children off to confront them this early in their lifespan (unless, of course, they're total #####), but getting ambushed out in the woods by a team of them likely wouldn't be entirely outside the realm of possibility. Just expect heavy losses, possibly some maiming, and your characters barely escaping alive. :evilgrin:

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Ha ha

Just expect heavy losses, possibly some maiming, and your characters barely escaping alive. :evilgrin:

But those encounters are the best kind! :3 (I should be in jail for character abuse, actually)

I've read through this thread almost completely, so I know what you mean.  Quite frankly though, I'm more likely to be cruel to my characters than I am to overpower them xD Of course, if I ever DO lean in the other direction (no amount of years can get rid of that sort of thing) go ahead and kick me, because I should know better.  I've developed rules for my own roleplay, so I can understand the concept... frankly I'm surprised that you guys manage with the kinds of powers and weapons that you allow, as is. But my number rule in roleplaying is the magic word: CONFLICT.  That doesn't mean starting random fights, it means making things difficult for your character.  You don't want to draw too much attention or make them weak, of course, but my personal plan is to come up with issues and find ways to fix them, and that includes personalities too.  Usually, by means of interacting with other characters.  Most of my issues tend to be the emotional kind, but when considering physical attributes, it's nice to remember that everything has a weakness.  (A fast character is probably not as strong or durable.  A strong character isn't as fast.  A balanced character is good overall, but will be outdone by both of the other types.)

It's fun picking on characters, I'm surprised that mine haven't murdered me yet.  (Sohnii hates me with a passion.)  But I love throwing them in places that creates tension, as long as it makes sense, especially if they suddenly have no idea what to do.  I guess what I'm getting at is, yeah, I'm not gonna let my cinnamon roll K.O. a bunch of Toa for any ridiculous reason XD

In fact... I was actually thinking more along the lines of him coming across a single Toa, enduring the aforementioned pain, and possibly his Makuta showing up in time to capture the Toa.  Sohnii and Blink were mostly trained to hunt down approaching Rahi, and their Makuta would have been unaware of the presence of any Toa... that was my reasoning for it.  Of course, I'm ok with any edits.  After that any interactions would have been with the Toa restrained, and he would have killed them in the end... Originally I had a much bigger idea but eh.

I think my biggest challenge will actually be, well, fights in general.  If only because I haven't had much experience roleplaying with weapons, or humanoid characters in general.  But I'm willing to learn.  At the most I'll probably be overly cautious until I get the hang of it.

That and long posts with too much detail.  I put a lot of work into them, but I just know it'll be the death of me someday.  :|

Anyway, thanks for the reply.  I really appreciate it.  I'm really excited to get started.  I think I could really enjoy it here, and the change of genre will be nice.  ^w^

Edited by PancakeShiners

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

Ok, I have one final question.  I've seen some characters with 'pet' rahi, so I was wondering... if not used for combat, what's the rule for that sort of thing? I don't know if I'll use it this time around, but for future characters I was curious.

Edited by PancakeShiners

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

PEts are allowed but are usually restricted to small Rahi that can't do too much in the way of combat. Larger pets -can- be acquired through play, but will of course be more difficult to acquire and train.

Several small rahi have been used for many things, from communication to scouting an area out ahead of time, but as a rule of thumb, it's a case by case basis, but lean small if you're worried about problems.

I actually can't recall if we as Substitute Co-GMs ever approved a character with a pet before, as the majority were given the thumbs up prior to Wyrd's absence.

If I had to guess, I would assume they would have to be something small (so no Manas Crabs), and preferably have no actual powers aside from relatively simple abilities (spiders can spin webs, bats can use sonar, etc.), as I do recall one incident in particular where a player wanted a baby Visorak, but was told to come up with a reason as to why it couldn't use its Hordika Venom because crawling around and forcibly mutating the student body was previously deemed to be a major party foul. We might have to get back to you on that front sometime in the future, but hopefully, this should be enough information to steer you towards a more reasonable starting point.

Edit: Kapura'd by Scorp.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I actually do recall a newer character, Blossom, who had a pet Gafna.  Regardless, thank you both.  I wanted to comment on something though.

Larger pets -can- be acquired through play...

To be honest, that sounds MUCH more fun than already having one! I like to idea of being able to acquire a pet, even a small one that doesn't have any combat benefits.  Because then I get to earn it, right? That's a really cool concept, even for inorganic things too >w< I'll have to pick that up eventually.

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it.  ^^

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I've remembered this site and RPG after years of absence. Would it even be possible for me to rejoin at this point?

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

What's a quick summary of what's happened since I left? Reading through however-many-hundred pages in the RPG is not an option for me.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

• 2 weeks later...

A plot summary would actually be really nice for a n00b like me, if it's convenient for anybody.  653 pages of posts is a LOT.

Anyways, character profiles.

Name: Quark

Variation: Power Scream

Gear: Nothing much, uses a pair of glorified metal sticks, Nightwing-style.

Appearance: Similar height and proportions to most Rahkshi, maybe a little bit taller than average.  He wears purple armor, more or less unmodified, with the exception of his right arm: his right bracer is white, instead of purple.  His eyes are yellow.

Personality: Spontaneous is the perfect word to describe Quark.  Imagine an Le-Matoran stuffed in a Rahkshi body, and you'll get a good image of his personality.  He has a tendency to jump around, pull practical jokes, make AWFUL puns, and generally be an (I hope) endearingly annoying goofball.  That's not to say that he can't be serious; on the contrary, when it comes to matters like combat, Quark can become taciturn, even grim.  He sometimes has a short temper.

Bio: Nothing much to say here.  Quark was spawned from a tank of distilled evil Makuta essence, etc.  Though young, he's a pretty quick learner, and is already competent with his weapons of choice and has an excellent grasp of the Rahkshi language.  He is also proficient at giving people headaches, as much with his jokes as with his power scream.  

Quark approved.

On mobile, so a summary from me will need to wait unless someone else wants to step in.

(That said, trying to summarize everything that's happened in this game is quite the challenge. If someone could link our old wiki timeline, it'd go a long way~)

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Oh, hey! This brings back some -

*Succumbs to depression upon realising that only two of his characters ever received a mention, and one isn't even the correct character anymore.*

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I think this is the timeline you're talking about. Hope it's the right one.

That's the one, though it hasn't been updated for a while. I intend to do that as soon as I get time, because you aren't the only one asking about it.

Student's Name: Crate

Variation: Illusion

Gear: They've turned the handle of the already small staff they were given into an improvised baton, adorned by many scratches and a few rough edges. Crude, but seemingly effective in intimidating some of the younger and smaller rahkshi roaming the school. Their backpack is surprisingly empty apart from a few stolen papers and books. 

Appearance: For a rahkshi that spends a lot of its time harassing others, Crate isn't particularly well built or tall. They retain the normal colours that Illusion rahkshi generally have, with a tan head and torso and legs, as well as blue hands and feet. Their eyes are a light orange, though they sometimes seem to darken or lighten in certain circumstances, depending on their current feelings and emotions. There seems to be a number 2 engraved on their shoulder, though it is rather small and hard to see. It's possible they intentionally obscure it using paint. They also regularly wear protective kneepads, presumably for combat purposes.

Personality: A troublemaker, for sure, but sometimes a useful one. Likes to mess with the smaller and less confident rahkshi, both physically and mentally. Sometimes attempts to do the same with bigger rahkshi, to limited to no success. Not very happy deep down, as you can imagine.

Bio: If Crate has any sort of reasoning to their ways, we don't know much of it. The Makuta who sent them here didn't share much of how she raised them, despite this being her first rahkshi to be enrolled here. We do know the origin of their name, however, "Crate", named after what their Makuta kept a lot of the newly hatched kraata inside of instead of a tube, metal crates filled with the same substances the incubators were filled with. 

Edited by Okuyasu Nijimura

Name: Dissent

Variation: Anger

Level: 2

Gear: A couple of short swords with woven basket hilts. She also has a couple of daggers strapped to her thighs. 

Appearance: Dissent has a stark white chassis with red tribal markings painted on her face plate, back and shoulder plates.Her eyes glow bold orange. She's about average rahkshi height, but has a relatively muscular body structure compared to the average.

Personality: Dissent doesn't care for authority. From the day she was born she lived to disobey anyone who thought they could call themselves her master. She's bold, unrelenting, and has no care for any rules a supposed authority figure would hold over her. Sometimes she likes to stir up trouble, just to make sure her message to 'the man' is made loud and clear.

Her attitude toward authority has granted her a deep sympathy for those who are oppressed by someone stronger than them. She will often and regularly fight anyone she deems to be an oppressor or a bully, seeking justice for the downtrodden. How ever, she has a fierce temper, and at times lets it flare up at the wrong people. She also often does not realize when to back down. 

Bio: From the day Dissent was born she was utterly disobedient. She refused to listen to any orders given to her, going so far as to beat up a higher ranking rahkshi when she was supposed to be 'disciplined' for her behaviour. She was subsequently subdued and shipped off to Corpus Rahkshi by her makuta, who perhaps hoped that the school would teach her discipline, and was probably completely unaware of what a volatile mixture this could be.

Edited by Onaku

All three have been added to the Post Wyrd Approvals down in my signature.

If I missed anyone, let me know.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Fair enough. Will edit.

Thanks for the heads up.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: