Persona: Sea of Djinn

25K Now!

IC

Keeping a safe distance [on second thought, not so safe. they had ranged acid attacks] between herself and the golems, Michelle strafed over to the vigilante and his Persona. He seemed to have taken a moderate amount of damage in the last exchange. She was shaken, but had no major injuries. St George kept it's lance readied in a defensive stance, projecting a shield around Quirinus and it's partner to deflect ranged attacks. They would have to make the first move.

"Lauren, over here!"

...but close to it

NPC: Police Investigators

Relief rolled over the officer's face. "Ah, that's good. We've been looking around here for clues, but no dice really. What have you Special Investigations folks learnt?"

IC: Clara

"Not as much as we'd hoped, what we know for certain is this wasn't an accident, the chemical imbalances and the 'bite marks' in their brains was caused by something, the only thing we can come up with is some kind of persona or something supernatural in nature. There just isn't anything else that can explain this."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nanashi followed the man out the diner. He glanced over to the decrepit little moped he parked outside. It was a pitiful little thing, rusted over and over a decade old. The miniature motorcycle was an economic model imported from Europe that had switched owners more far too many times to record. Still, it held up well-enough and the parts were easily replaceable. 

OOC: I'm only half expecting a Persona user with ###### Biker to pop up.

Edited by -Golden Knight-

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

OOC: So I have had not too much time to dedicate to anything for a while. It's been long enough though.

IC: Lauren Lautrec

Acid sprayed towards her. Lauren instinctively leaped back, though that resulted in her falling on her backside while the acid grazed her shoe. 

And I just had to wear my favorite set of shoes today......... she thought, while quickly kicking off her pair. 

The Kitsune Persona remained cloaked in a shimmering haze, which though the monsters could see past, would still prove handy. It rammed quickly into the foot of a monster to try and trip it, quickly darting off afterwards.... Though there were multiple shimmering hazes that fled, all looking exactly identical, one obscuring Lauren's Persona....

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

"Oh."

The supernatural was something was far beyond the jurisdiction and capability of normal officers to handle.

"So you're here to find traces of ... magic mumbo-jumbo or something?" asked the policeman hesitantly.

NPC: Roadkill Operative

"That is quite the vehicle," noted the tall Arab, his green eyes flashing in the direction of the moped to inspect its frame. "I must express my surprise at its ability to stay functional with so much history pulling it back."

These two supposed heroes he had chosen were beginning to seem quite interesting indeed. Both were strong-willed in their own respects, but one was immediately willing to jump into possible danger to assist a stranger, while another held a certain confidence that seemed to weigh upon the air, despite owning such a ragtag machine. But would they be willing to undergo the challenge he would provide them? The operative smiled, turning to let the two participants in his little game to see his glistening white teeth.

"First thing's first," he began, bringing his hands together. "How willing are you to ... err somewhat on the opposite side of the law?"

NPC: Alleyway of Horrors

The monster that Lauren attacked stumbled, nearly collapsing completely to the ground. Had the blow been stronger, it would have likely fallen, but for now it was simply slightly inconvenienced, and its fellow three brick creatures continued to attack without it, with two spraying acid at the myriad hazes that had appeared. The last however, stared menacingly at the shielded Michelle and Jake. It knew that ranged attacks would be deflected, and was unwilling to risk itself.

They were at a stalemate.

IC: Jake

"Get behind the shield!" He called to Lauren. Ready to jump out and help her the second something tried to kill her, Jake was suddenly reminded of a card game against a childhood friend. Both had been stalling, trying to force the other out and attack, but in the end Jake could draw no more cards. Similar to now. Unless they wanted to run out of energy and be dissolved, they would have to make the first move and hopefully win in the process.

"So how to go about this..." Jake muttered. "Alright, we have about 15 seconds to come up with a winning strategy. After that, we rush them and hopefully make it out alive," Jake said to the other persona wielders.

IC

"We need to find some way to separate them, or maybe a way to trip them. They're large and clunky, I doubt they'd get up easily."

She scanned the wall opposite them, looking for weak spots that may have been created by the tongue's thrashing. Several tonnes of masonry ought to hurt them. If she failed to find anything, the acid-slicks were still a viable strategy.

...but close to it

IC (Morgan Whatley)

"Sir?"

Morgan sighed. Something had gotten Enrique worked up tonight...though in fairness, he didn't like being out and about in the city anymore then his officer did. You just got the sense something was going inherently wrong with the world here. That something or several somethings were watching you. "Yes, Enrique?"

"How long till we get permission to pull out, ya think?"

"No idea. Things are getting worse everyday, what's more, communication is getting spotty. If we don't hear anything in a week, I'll be about ready to bug out, orders or no."

"I'll testify at the hearing sir. I'm sure we can find some way to pin this on the cartels."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC

Her scanning revealed several weak spots in the opposing wall. A couple well placed hits ought to bring them crashing down on the golem's collective heads. A fire exit was also present, probably a safer option. She said as much to her companions. "See those?" She pointed to the structurally weak spots. "We could bring the wall down on their heads with some luck," another gesture, this towards the fire exit. "Or make a run for it. What do you two think?"

St George maintained his silent vigil, eyes trained on the golems.

...but close to it

IC: Nanashi shrugged. "I suppose it can't be as easy as assaulting the valet, impersonating him, and driving it back? I'm expecting explosions and incredibly dangerous driving - perhaps a chase scene if we're lucky."

NPC: Roadkill Operative

The operative grinned. "Now now, all that will be up to you. Maybe you shall have to deal with Val Verde's armoured personnel carriers, or maybe it could be as simple as sneaking in and avoiding the guards. The future is always in flux. It's exciting, is it not?"

He spread his arms wide, face beaming.

"I, and the Group, shall be rooting for your success in this endeavour!"

IC: The operative's grin only made Nanashi shake his head in doubt. He walked over to the rusted moped and strapped his helmet on before looking over to Jack. The man's words were true - the future is always in flux. But either way, fate would be the same for the Emperor Arcana's user. He'd still be a dead man walking at the end of the day. As he settled into the scrapheap's seat he glanced over to Jack. He flipped the helmet's visor up.

"Gonna wait for a taxi or what?"

NPC: Police Investigation

Ahmed Kassab's house was cold and lifeless, the hallway that Clara and Yasmin had stepped into seeming to extend for eons into the darkness that lay within. Nobody but the forensics team had stepped foot into the building in an entire week, and it was hard to recognise the dwelling to have been the home of an incredibly well-respected officer. The shoe rack to their left was untouched, with bits of dust of already settling onto Kassab's runners and dress shoes. A green and white-striped umbrella sat forlornly against the right wall, unused since the freak storms that plagued al-Bareha in the December of 2014. There was little light in the cramped vestibule, and if any of the two investigators squinted, they might have seen the closed blinds of the living room connected to the end of the corridor.

It was their duty to survey the building for anything that could have been involved in Kassab's death. What they could and would fine was uncertain, but there was little other direction their case could take. A fellow officer had died, and it was possible that his home could hold the answers.

Edited by Umi Tryon

Clara nodded. "Yes I think that would be the best place to start. If there is anything for us to find it would probably be in there." Clara began to move towards the bedroom. "We should stay alert, if we do find anything, it's gonna be supernatural in nature."

Clara nodded, "Yeah, we she cover the entire house, might as well start here." The living room was dark, so Clara pulled out her flashlight from her belt, turning it on and sweeping the beam across the room, it appeared to be a normal living room so far...

IC: He flipped his visor down and revved the engine. It took a few moments before it sounded safe enough to ride on. Nanashi pulled out a rather old looking GPS - the screen was cracked and it looked as if it had been dragged across the pavement once or twice. He tapped his foot as he waited for the crude device to finish processing the embassy's address before haphazardly mounting it on with a few strands of tape that were left over from the moped's previous "repairs". 

"Time to steal a car then." He muttered under the engine's hum as he began speeding off towards the Vel Verde Embassy.

NPC: Police Investigation

Ahmed Kassab's living room was neat and tidy. There was a coffee table located in the centre, one that looked as old as the house itself. A set of couches were arranged in a semi-circle around it. Black leather. There was a TV. LCD. 21.5 inches. A picture of what appeared to be green goop on his wall. Abstract art. A bookshelf filled with hundreds of tomes. A router. Still on and puttering away in the corner of the room. A ticket lying on the table. A Nintendo 64.

Upon closer inspection of the first row, Yasmin would see:

• The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Best of the Hardy Boys Classic Collection Vol 1 (Hardcover) - Franklin W. Dixon
  • The Phantom Freighter - Franklin W. Dixon
  • Mystery of the Whale Tattoo - Franklin W. Dixon
  • A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes - Stephen Hawking
  • The Quran
  • Paradise Lost - John Milton
  • The Crystal Stopper - Maurice Leblanc
  • Arsène Lupin, Gentleman Thief - Maurice Leblanc
  • The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie
  • Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
  • The Long Goodbye - Raymond Chandler
  • The Big Sleep - Raymond Chandler
Edited by Umi Tryon