Persona: Sea of Djinn

25K Now!

IC: The only thing left to do was wait for the right person to leave the premises. Nanashi stared down at the ground, only glancing to the side once he heard footsteps around him. The young man smirked underneath his scarf. Assaulting the ambassador would probably be the quickest resolution but there's no way he'd get off scot-free.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

OOC: Shoot, sorry guys. Finals. What can I say?

IC (Morgan)

"Ah. Finally. Home sweet....compound." Morgan sighed as the Vel Verde embassy finally came into view. "Enrique, remind me, next time I want to waste an evening, there's probably a bar nearby that'll do just as well as mysterious shopkeepers. This whole venture...ack." Morgan made a sound of disgust. "Worthless."  

Enrique nodded absentmindedly. "Yessir. Of course sir. I think there's a nice coffee place nearby..."

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

[Channah, Velvet Room]

Channah’s stomach sank.  She felt slightly nauseous (maybe that was the lack of caffeine), yet excited...maybe the gentlemen could finally tell her something, help her with--well, whatever it was.  The card on the table was divided into four quarters: the upper left was blue with the silhouette of a goblet, the upper right red with triangle, the bottom left gold with some sort of bird, and the bottom right green with a square.  It did not look like any playing card she had seen before.

Channa sat down hard on an ottoman across from Igor.

“I don’t understand,” she said, gesturing to the card on the table.  “What does that mean, and how do you know about what--what I can do?”

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

NPC: Velvet Room

"You, my dear," began Igor, his eyes shining with mischievous light, "are the wielder of a Persona."

He reached out, stretching his long, black-clad arm to its maximum length to pat gently at Channah's hands.

"It is the ability to summon the selves within you," he continued, slowly pulling away, "selves with mystical powers, as you may be quite aware."

His grin seemed to grow as his gloved hands steepled once more.

"It is my duty to provide assistance to those with this power, such as yourself."

[Channah, Velvet Room]

“Help me, but how?  Why me?”

She stared at the card on the table, as if it would give her an answer.

“I--magic, it’s not something human beings are supposed to do.  I mean, I’ve been paying attention to the news.  I’ve heard what goes on--and it’s somehow related to these persona, isn’t it?  I didn’t ask for this--I’m not some magical warrior, just want to be an architect.”

She buried her head in her hands.

“May I order a coffee please, sir?”

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

"The workings of fate can be mysterious indeed," said Igor, his demented grin unfitting in comparison to his comforting, albeit still freakish, tone. "Why you have obtained these abilities is unknown even to myself, but you can be reassured that you will not become a warrior unless ... it is of your own volition."

He snapped his fingers, the sound of fabric upon fabric drawing the attention of the hatted waiter from before, a handsome blue-clad young man with strange, golden eyes.

"Theodore, please bring young Ms. Maklouf a cup of our finest."

The man nodded. "Understood, master."

He disappeared to the counter for a moment, before rapidly returning with a cup of the aromatic Egyptian-style coffee that Channah had smelled earlier in the day.

IC Michelle / Lauren

Lauren nodded in agreement, projecting a detailed illusion of the group. In it, the three begin to inch backwards before breaking out in a run towards the left and the alleyway's end. In reality, they had broke right, Lauren climbing up the ladder first while St George maintained his shielding around Lauren, she needed to stay safe and maintain the illusion.

Once she had ascended (hopefully) out of range of the acid attacks, Michelle begin to climb after her, nodding to Jake silently so as to not draw suspicion.

...but close to it

IC: Clara

With a sigh, Clara turned off the tv and game system. 

"I'm getting the feeling there is nothing to find here. I'm gonna go look in a different room." She left the living room, going down a hallway to find the bedroom. She peaked into every room she could find till she found one that looked like the bedroom. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Jake

Seeijg the nod, Jake backed towards the ladder and, with Quirinus focusing his shield over Jake, following a safe distance behind Michelle.

By this point, sweat was pouring down Jake's face and the vigilante's arms were trembling. He'd never maintained a Persona for this long before...

[Channah, Velvet Room]

Channah took the coffee, nodding at the man in thanks. (Were his eyes gold?)

It tasted as heavenly as it smelled--the sweetness of sugar perfectly balanced with allspice and just a hint of pepper.  The roast was good too, smooth and bitter without any trace of acid.  Channah put the cup down after a few sips.  She was already feeling better, her headache vanishing.  The coffee sent a burst of energy through her and yet didn’t leave her jittery.  She wanted to savor it as much as she could before she had to go shopping.

She looked back at it Igor.  It was a little disconcerting looking straight at him, but he had been nothing but cordial and helpful to her.

“You said you don’t know why can summon this...persona,” she said.  The word sounded Latin--had she heard it somewhere before?  “Do you know about...things that attack people, then?”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"The shadows," said the strange, impish figure. "Creatures of negativity that now roam the streets of this city."

Igor's stance shifted slightly. At a glance, it would seem as if nothing had changed, but it seemed that there was now a certain sense of curiosity present in the manner in which he carried himself.

"You were beset upon by these entities, were you not?" continued the hunchback, his voice more probing. "It would account for why you are in possession of your remarkable ability ... when no other grand catalyst is in play."

The last words seemed to trail off in a murmur, as if he was speaking to himself.

NPC: Police Investigation

There was a small trumpet sitting on the bed, strangely untouched.

NPC: Alleyway of Horrors

Something screamed.

Guttural. Primal. Horrifying.

The tongue, once forgotten, streaked out of the darkness once more, its sickly mass striking against the ladder and against the wall behind, shattering apart everything its way with pure strength.

It didn't make much sense, why would there be a trumpet on the bed? Had Kassab fallen asleep with it? Unlikely. The real question was did he even own it, someone could of planted it there for all she knew. 

She blew into the trumpet, curious to see if it was in tune. 

Edited by Lara Croft

Clara sighed, this wasn't getting her anywhere. Obviously he played the trumpet, she wondered if he had performed for anyone before? 

Not seeing anything of interest in the bedroom, Clara turned to leave, finding Yasmin heading her way. 

"Find anything of interest?"

"The shadows," said the strange, impish figure. "Creatures of negativity that now roam the streets of this city."

Igor's stance shifted slightly. At a glance, it would seem as if nothing had changed, but it seemed that there was now a certain sense of curiosity present in the manner in which he carried himself.

"You were beset upon by these entities, were you not?" continued the hunchback, his voice more probing. "It would account for why you are in possession of your remarkable ability ... when no other grand catalyst is in play."

The last words seemed to trail off in a murmur, as if he was speaking to himself.

[Channah, Velvet Room]

“Do you think there could be something else at play, sir?” Channah asked.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

[Channah, Velvet Room]

Channah shivered. “Does that mean those things--the shadows could attack me again?”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

OOC: So I was told two people were waiting for me.

As I was waiting for them. As a note, feel free to send me a PM if I haven't posted in awhile. Something to the effect of "Havelock you lazy ### post already. I have your family." Should do the trick!

IC (Morgan)

"Mark it down for me when we get back inside. Things are going to get worse before they get better. Mark my words. I need something to distract me." Morgan took off his sunglasses and shook his head. "I'm rambling aren't I?"

"Just a bit sir." Enrique commented, voice neutral.

"I need to go to bed don't I?"

"Probably sir."

"Thank you Enrique. I'd be lost without you." Morgan sighed and stepped out of the jeep, taking in the site of the embassy. As for Enrique, he'd began to pull the blue vehicle up to the garage. Didn't even need to be asked. He'd always been the reliable one. With another sigh, Morgan headed for the embassy. With his luck, he'd end up dreaming about paper work.

Or dying horribly. Possibly both. 

Edited by Havelock Vetinari

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.