What will you do with your bionicles?

I just put em on display and use them to make stopmotion projects

• Upvote 3

BEHOLD.....THE DREAM TEAM! COMING SOON.... :o

~ Oh hi thar, here are some quotes: ~

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all" -Toa Mata Tahu, MNOG

"Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villans and come home covered in glory. Sometimes, he has to make a sacrifice so that a lot of people he's never met before and who don't know his name can live."

-Toa Hahli, Downfall

I feel like I'm the only one to put their skull spiders on display instead of putting them aside. I have them latched onto Gali and Lewa's hands right now.

Nah, I have a Suva type stand with the trans orange mask of Fire surrounded by all of the golden masks and skull spiders advancing towards the suva-like stand, with the Toa lined up together in their respective Mata promotional art team places advancing to claim their masks. Further in my room on a high bookshelf I have LoSS holding the GMoSS up in the air with his front legs, roaring with rage as he barks out commands to his underlings. Next to that is a lower bookshelf with all of the protectors and their respective skull spiders advancing towards them.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

I feel like I'm the only one to put their skull spiders on display instead of putting them aside. I have them latched onto Gali and Lewa's hands right now.

Nah, I have a Suva type stand with the trans orange mask of Fire surrounded by all of the golden masks and skull spiders advancing towards the suva-like stand, with the Toa lined up together in their respective Mata promotional art team places advancing to claim their masks. Further in my room on a high bookshelf I have LoSS holding the GMoSS up in the air with his front legs, roaring with rage as he barks out commands to his underlings. Next to that is a lower bookshelf with all of the protectors and their respective skull spiders advancing towards them.

I need a pic of this, words cannot possibly convey how awesome this sounds. 

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

In order to have Bionicles in the first place, I would need to buy the ones that I never owned and buy back the ones I owned since (unless my Lego bin is in the garage) I lost all of my Legos and Bionicles (though at that point, they're pretty much just bits and parts now). I am sixteen, so that may or may not mean that I still have time to buy them back before I go to college and fully engage with this community over it.

Well when it comes to all of the sets I owned before 2015, they're in a bag somewhere all taken apart with 70% of the pieces lost, and the bag is filled with real skull spiders that try to latch onto my face and take over my brain so they could lay eggs there so I probably won't be doing with anything with those.. ever.. but all of the sets I have now I'll just keep them, luckily my partner is also into Bioniclez so I would never get asked to get rid of them by someone who's opinion on what I can do or not as an adult at some point or another actually matters to me, and I'll probably keep loving Bionicle even long after I'm too old to like that kind of stuff.. actually most people think I already am too old for that, but who cares about their opinions right? Long story short: I'll never stop keeping 'em.

Onua.png

This sig isn't 100% correct, because I talk way too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh... nothing?

Who says you need to get rid of your possessions when you reach a certain age just because it's trendy to do so? 

I would only do that if I really needed the money for something.

Trendy?  I thought it was mature to do so.

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

Uh... nothing?

Who says you need to get rid of your possessions when you reach a certain age just because it's trendy to do so? 

Not really. A big part of maturity is being able to recognize that you are 100% responsible for the choices you make in your life, and the consequences of those decisions. For some, that might mean getting rid of childhood relics to signify a new direction in life. But it's no less mature to continue to enjoy the things you once loved, while at the same time recognizing that it might affect how others perceive you. Neither course of action is wrong or "less mature"—they're just different ways of taking on adulthood.

• Upvote 8

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Uh... nothing?

what's up with your sig?

[please make posts on topic. Thank you, Makaru]

Edited by Makaru
Spam
  • Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Uh... nothing?

Not really. A big part of maturity is being able to recognize that you are 100% responsible for the choices you make in your life, and the consequences of those decisions. For some, that might mean getting rid of childhood relics to signify a new direction in life. But it's no less mature to continue to enjoy the things you once loved, while at the same time recognizing that it might affect how others perceive you. Neither course of action is wrong or "less mature"—they're just different ways of taking on adulthood.

Another part of maturity is being able to pack up your toys for storage (for your future kids) once you are an adult.

Uh... nothing?

Trendy? I thought it was mature to do so.

Another part of maturity is being able to pack up your toys for storage (for your future kids) once you are an adult.
You do you. Maturity is an archaic term that means several different things. I think we should all care more about whether a person is a good moral influence rather than whether they're collecting childhood items. Memories/mementos, in a sense. Maturity should be measured by morality and how a person treats others rather than something as trivial as a hobby. People who are willing to judge a person based on their hobby are obviously immature as they self-righteously determine others to be. Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 5

Uh... nothing?

Says the child to the adult.

I hope that by the time you're my age you've added a bit more nuance to your worldview, because the world's going to hit you hard if you keep insisting that things are that black and white.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That is, of course, assuming having children is a future goal.

It should be, else who will take care of the person who has no children in their old age?

I really don't think that having children must be everyone's goal in life. If you want to have children that's fine, and if you don't that's just as fine. I also don't think that you should expect your children to take care of you when you're old. They will have lives of their own that'll come with enough problems.

You're saying that like you're obliged as a parent to give your old toys to your children.

But assuming I wanted to give my old toys to my future children, why would I have to put them into storage for the meantime? I don't really see your point.

Edited by doodleloot

Hail Denmark

It should be, else who will take care of the person who has no children in their old age?

Last I checked, here in the 21st century, we have handy facilities where caring people can take care of old folks.

(That also seems like a very selfish and dehumanizing reason to have kids but that's just me.)

• Upvote 5

Last I checked, here in the 21st century, we have handy facilities where caring people can take care of old folks.

(That also seems like a very selfish and dehumanizing reason to have kids but that's just me.)

I know about senior care, and wasn't referencing it at all. I just think that a child should still have a (mutual) love and respect for their parents even when they're grown ups. And no, I'm not saying you should have kids if you don't want to. 

(But if you did have kids, wouldn't you want them to help you out if something happened to you in the future? i.e. an injury, financial problems, or something?)

Edited by KopakaFan116

IMO you should take care of your own problems and not expect others to do so. If you rely on other people to fix stuff, and don't pay them for it, your problems will not get fixed. They will become worse, and people will get mad at you for not fixing them. 

As for childhood toys, the odds are good that if I had kids, they would not appreciate my childhood toys. They will have their own tastes and interests, as well they should. Trying to get them to appreciate my tastes and interests to the exclusion of their own is a classic and stupid parenting mistake. 

• Upvote 5

Regarding the people who won't put away their toys: The truth hurts, doesn't it?

I highly disagree with you. Just because we're adults doesn't mean we have to pack up our toys just to be mature. We can continue to enjoy these things and still be mature individuals.

Toys do not dictate one's level of maturity.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Regarding the people who won't put away their toys: The truth hurts, doesn't it?

The only truth that hurts is that I have to put away my toys to keep them out of sight of people that are insensitive jerks and don't appreciate my efforts to remain cheerful in the depressing world around me.

:lookaround:

• Upvote 6

Gipsy Danger, I would appreciate it if you would stop belittling others for their choices. You are on a Bionicle site for all ages, adult fans of LEGO included. If you cannot accept this, fine - but please allow us to have our community. We do our best to welcome everyone, but if you cannot agree with people's choices over a certain age limit, this may not be the place for you.

• Upvote 12

Regarding the people who won't put away their toys: http://www.getalifeman.com/

@ Windrider: You're right, this isn't the place for me, because I will have a life.

EDIT: Goodbye.  

Edited by Gipsy Danger

Ignoring all the banned comments, I will eventually have to sell my bonkles.

I'll have soooo much stuff by then, and I maybe won't have the extremely financial security that I have now.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

• 2 weeks later...