Year 60,000

Makuta Miras

IC:

So, he'd been completely wrong. Not a novel experience for the Onu-Matoran. The other pilot didn't seem to be in a talkative mood, never really was, so Black opted for a simple affirmative grunt and followed behind on his bike. He had work to do in the shatterdome after all.

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Xia Shatterdome.

After handing over the carcass for disposal, he entered the Shatterdome and powered down his jaeger, climbing out to let the repair drones fuss over the minor damage to the exterior plating. 

There was nothing to do now but wait for the next kaiju to be spotted. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (As Detangi): The Jaeger ceased fire, although the gun was still pointed. "What were you planning to do while invisible, stranger?" He questioned over the radio.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC-Acacia

Acacia couldn't help but feel a bit of panic as the waves turned towards her, but she knew she had to bare it all in the face of combat. She assumed a battle-ready pose, as did her Jaeger, and moved forward, preparing to kick serious Kaiju butt.

OOC

So Acacia's essentially playing chicken with this Kaiju. Knowing how the first Jaeger easily took down a Kaiju, I've got High hopes for this match... or do I?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC Dessimus

Infuriated at other Jaegers attacking him, he frustratingly commented back.

"First you'll tell me who you are, and why the Karz you attacked me!"

The arms of Whisper began moving like cobras, its head facing the invisible outline of K-Tengu.

IC: Dinystrydd and Dienidywr - Kaiju Hive---▷Rift

So, here we are. Fighting is something, as you may have guessed, I 'njoy a lot, aaaaaaand looks like we're gonna be doin' some. We're in the head of out trusty Jaeger, Rivet, although I like to think of him more as a mechanical Kaiju. Obviously it took a while for the flesh and blood Kaiju to accept us, but the fact that the Alpha hasn't attempted to kill us off yet is always a good sign...

I'm not gonna do a fancy (read: sickening) description like my bro, in large part cos there ain't much to describe. The inside of the head is silvery metal walls, industrial lookin', some faded scraps of paint, a few levers and interestin' looking buttons, and the harnesses for us to hang in. At the front's the eyes, glass so thick and reinforced a shell wouldn't get through it (created by yours truly). I look over to Dienidywr, givin' him a nod. The hunt--

--is on. Yes, indeed. A hunt not only for food, but for threats. Threats that have to be eliminated for our species' survival. Some of those threats include people like who we used to be. But not anymore. In all respects other than our actual species, we are Kaiju. Soon my sister will lose all intelligent thought and submit to the beast within. He has not learnt to float above the world like me. The longer we stay two beings, the stronger and more exaggerated our half-personalities become. There must be some way to undo our split, but I must focus on the present...however, at least for a short time, our minds will be re-united, with the help of the Drift. My memories when I'm part of a mental Kaita are always blurred afterwards, but I like to think that every time we combine the old us is waking up, at least for a short time.

My twin alongside me, I climb into the harness and, with another nod, let the Xian tech take our minds--

wha--

-swirlin-- 

-combini-- 

-re-forming--

-sto--

-no--

-no-- 

-wait--

-no!

--YES

I open my eyes again, vision blurring and shifting and coiling together as I make sense of where I'm looking from and what I'm looking at and keeping my balance as the world is spinnin' around me and my eyes narrow and I'm standing, steady, unstoppable, ready for anything. I smile.

I know who I am.

I stride forwards, the massive engine of war mimicking my movement. I climb out of the hive I seem to be calling home. I'm not above reality, I'm grounded. The only way to make an impact is to tread heavily. I don't love battle because I want to be the best, I love battle because I want to bloody enjoy life! How could you two get it so wrong? See, this is what happens when I leave myself to my own devices. I grin again, and for a fraction of a second my fangs glint like diamonds, my eyes seem dusk grey and my armour looks the colour of ash in the shade. But the image is gone, a trick of the light. 

I know who I was.

I'm underwater - this mech can't swim, it just moves, unstoppable, through any obstacle, includin' the sea. So, when each of my halves are half people, half characters, half person'lities, they can't survive or live. That's why their personas change from the original set of aspects, they add to it themselves, becomin' more whole than they could imagine. Trouble is, there ain't room for two wholes here, so the longer they're left, the more different they'll become, the 'arder it'll be to re-form. I've gotta do this fast. Even now I can feel their diff'rent selves pushin' against each other, tearin' me apart. But a permanent fusion would heal the wound, if I can find a Mask o' Fusion wearer fast enough... 

I know who I will be.

Ah, the rift into this massive structure, whatever it happens to be. Well, it houses a universe, and now it's crashed or somethin'. When I left that world, I simply went down here in a Jaeger, endin' up in this place - the Outside. Not really sure why the others don't do the same, but it was an 'ighly secret tunnel near the Great City...So, Mask of Fusion, or the lovely alternative, Spear o' Fusion. Made by the Xians, o' course. Verrrry 'spensive. I frown with both sets of eyes when I remember that, once my other selves wake up, they'll forget all about this. They seem to have no ambitions to re-form, or subconscious ones at most. And I can't exactly send them a note - as soon as I unstrap, I'm gone. A puzzler indeed. I could try scratchin' a note on the harness, but controllin' these bodies individually is harder than it looks.

I'm in silver sea now, liquid protodermis. Anyway, I've only recently been free to properly exist, only since Drift Tech was invented. And even now, I'm just an additive mix, temporary until I find a way to fuse my bodies-- A voice at the back of my head tells me that I should be focusing on the mission. Well, I could hardly refuse without doing even more damage to my halve's tiny minds. Better get it over with, then. 

• Upvote 1

Kathok

IC-Acacia (Shallows around Stelt)

"We got one!" Acacia yelled, before throwing a hooked punch at the Kaiju. If one of those entered the city, It was just about game over...

OOC

Acacia engaging enemy Kaiju.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Tonitrui - Stelt Coastline.

The jaeger had engaged the other kaiju, it seemed... She began to drift slowly closer, letting the the currents carry her so that she would be less likely to show up on the machine's sonar systems. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC-Acacia

Alright... She thought, as she saw the Kaiju coming towards her again. Let's see if this giant mask works! as it leapt at the Jaeger's legs, Acacia maneuvered the machine to one side, allowing the Kaiju to miss it. As it would move past her, She pressed a button on her hand-held interface, allowing the arm blades to slide into place. then, in one swift movement, she brought down one of them on the Kaiju's back, allowing the momentum of the creature to automatically fillet it.

OOC

If you didn't get that, Acacia sidestepped, and as the Kaiju went past, She stuck one arm blade into it's back.

I hope that's not bunnying, as I'm not sure how in control it is, but anything that "Launched" itself at it's foe won't stop easily.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

GM IC: Acacia

The Kaiju roared as the blade cut into its back. Unbeknownst to Acacia, however, was the Kaiju's skin ability- electric. And Jaeger arms are made of metal. 

So, if Acacia didn't look sharp and pull her Jaeger's arm out of the Kaiju, her Jaeger would be getting an electric shock soon.

VBWj75sh.png

IC-Acacia

Acacia could feel the blade jamming as it slid along the Kaiju's back, so she quickly pulled it out, before turning to face the Kaiju, resuming a Battle-ready pose.

"Come and get me, ya oversized sea snake!"

OOC

Assuming it's a serpent-like being. For the record, what does this Kaiju look like? I always assumed it looked like a mixture of the Sando aqua monster and Otachi.

Also, Please don't accuse me of metagaming by having acacia disengage like that.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

IC:

The yellow moped zoomed through the coastal streets. Black preferred this area of town, brine, sand, fresh caught seafood vendors and the ever present sea breeze the locals had taken to called the Fremantle Doctor, or Freo for short, they said it had healing and cleansing properties, good for cooling a hot head. He preferred these roads because they weren't not washed white by the sterility of Xia's more developed areas, block after block and square kio after square kio of antiseptic buildings and disturbingly, unnaturally clean streets. Supposedly, crime had been wiped out by the Kaiju here. Everyone chipped in towards the war effort, so crime had no time or energy left to flourish, right?

Wrong.

War was an expensive endeavor and a gluttonous creature, eating up resources at rates thrice of what was normal. Those resources became overly expensive, or worse, contraband. Why would the government allow people to waste time on luxuries when they should be fighting or building or scrubbing or paper pushing for their survival? The answer for them was null. They shouted out that you had no time for such things, get to work! Quite an unrealistic proposition. Quickly enough, a vast black set of markets had popped up all over, seed criminal undergrounds that the authorities would simply write off as no longer or never having been extant. So, back to the point. Black enjoyed the homely griminess of the coastal roads. They felt like the only natural part left in Xia, so too with the Shatterdome. Try as hard as they might, compulsive cleaners and guilty consciences couldn't hide the grime and oily mess of the giant machines worked on there, so it too was a comfortably grimy environs. Black preferred black, as it was.

The fire hydrant yellow bike pulled into the facility staff parking area, he was not facility staff, but no one ever bothered him. Perhaps it was his tendency to brandish his revolver on his hip. He unbuckled his helmet and left it on the handlebars, kicked out the kick stand and tossed his grimy poncho over the seat, stalking into the Shatterdome proper, ready for some work.

...but close to it

She drifted on the current, moving closer to the growing cloud of blood in the water...

GM IC:

Deep below the surface of Stelt, a stately Vo-Matoran sat smoking a cigarette in a room that would make the leader of Xia jealous. Lavishly furnished, the room was currently darkened as the Carpathian sat smoking and reading a report on a tablet in his lap.

A Vortixx came up and spoke in soft, sultry tones.

"We've detected a Kaiju in the vicinity, sir."

The Carpathian took another drag of his cigarette before nodding once.

"Good. Very good.make sure out guests downstairs are well situated, then begin phase one."

The Vortixx smiled once, then nodded and strode out.

Across the islands of Stelt, Zakaz, and Xia, the word spread about an independent company looking for jaeger pilots for a program to end the Kaiju Threat. Along with the rumours were a set of coordinates, where the prospective employs should go.

Artahka had begun Phase One.

IC: Darken - Zakaz Coastline. 

Swimming up out of the breach, the fiery demon glided silently through the water, it's wings serving quite effectively as fins. As Darken neared the coastline or Zakaz he exploded up out of the water, flying high up into the cloud cover. 

His target: an isolated, undefended inland village. The inhabitants of these lands were smart; they were prepared for attacks from land and sea. But the last thing anyone expected was an attack from above... 

OOC: Interacting with Vatyr.

IC (As Nuhahu): The matoran had finally reached Xia after leaving her home to explore the rest of the world. *Wow... This is such a massive change from home... The skies are clouded with smoke and I can't find any fresh water here... Something tells me this is not a place to live...* Acolyte walked forward to the shatter dome, the sound of whirring parts and sliding pistons filling the air, along with the sound of metal stomping the ground. Eventually, she reached the dome and ejected from her Jaeger. Inside the building, she found a Le-matoran with a green Miru and spoke to him. "Hi, my name's Nuhahu. I'm just here to rest after a long time of traveling and I was wondering if you knew where to stay."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Darken - Zakaz Mainland.

Several kio inland, away from the shatterdome and patrols and coastal defences, Darken dropped out of the clouds and began his descent...

IC-Acacia

Acacia kept facing the Kaiju as it closed in on her, countering it as it approached her with a strong punch.

OOC

From what I could gather, Didn't acacia turn to face the Kaiju as it swam past her, meaning it couldn't attack the Phantoka Kopen's back?

Or if I'm wrong, I'll change the post or something.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

My BZPRPG Characters

IC Nilax:

A loud clanging was heard from the Conn-pod of the Jaeger Tactivs. Nilax was inside, repeatedly whacking a wrench with the handle of another in an effort to get it to move. A few wires were loose behind this panel, and the last bolt was being very stubborn.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

As she closed in, Tonitrui saw her opening, and lashed out with her tails, trying to entangle the legs of the jaeger (Phantoka Kopen). Even if it managed to avoid being tripped up, hopefully the razor spines lining her tendrils would damage the machine... 

_________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Oblitus - Xia Shatterdome.

He stepped up to the shelf in his quarters and placed his trophy - a tooth taken from the dead kaiju - next to the other myriad souvenirs he'd taken from the slain monsters. He had a dozen or so now, and the collection was sure to grow...

IC (As Nuhahu): "I came from an island called Kakuta. It was named after the Makuta that was assigned to it before he was killed by the toa living there." The Ko-Matoran replied. "I'm far away from the other islands and Xia was the closest one, so I travelled there first."

IC (As Nuhuha): "I want to be an explorer, I'm not content with staying home when I've explored every nook and cranny and Xia was the closest I could visit."