Bionicle Mafia: The Meaning of Death

fishers64

NIGHT 4 - THE LAST MAFIAN

The night began with the Host going to knock on the last Mafian's door.

"Not now!" the vicious killer shouted. "I need to finish problem 27!"

"I don't care about problem 27, 37, 74 or 38!" the Host shouted right back in his face. "This is a matter of life and death - you have to kill all of the villagers before they kill you!"

No response.

"What do you think I am, Luroka or something?" The Host snapped. "I'm not going to save your sorry tail. I've been doing calculus homework all game and I managed to post all of the scenes on time. Shame on you! For shame!"

Who is the last Mafian?

ToaK

Nevermore

Seaborgium

The Collector of Masks

You have 24 hours to vote!

• Upvote 2

Y'know, barring some devious twist, the Village has already won. It would take six Days and Nights for the Mafia to triumph, but at most four for the Village to hang the last Mafioso.

Also, is it just me, or are the identity of the Mafioso and the clue thereto incredibly obvious?

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Hmmm.. On further consideration of the clue and the evidence (i.e more than just "they were on multiple suspect lists), I'm going to change my vote to Seaborgium, since the last mafioso hasn't killed anyone and Seaborgium hasn't been active since the 22nd. Plus Seaborgium is an element which sort of fits with the problem solving thing.

VBWj75sh.png

Y'know, barring some devious twist, the Village has already won.

Nobody has been paying attention to the scenes and the Secret Role reveals at all. B-) Or even the Mafia discussion topic where I proposed this idea to begin with. :P

Also, is it just me, or are the identity of the Mafioso and the clue thereto incredibly obvious?

Betting on my impatience in anything is always a good idea. I slapped clues all over that scene in hopes that he would be lynched, and then I could end the game.

Because the odds of him coming back and winning are so low. And yes, he could totally win this game for the Mafia, but alas no.

VOTE COUNT: 

ToaK

Nevermore

Seaborgium - 1

The Collector of Masks - 3

Gah, why am I being voted for so much.

Oh wait, I was on multiple suspect lists.

I vote Seaborgium.

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

DAY 4 - THE MEANING OF DEATH

It seemed that the wily finger of fate had one last laugh at the foolish villagers, as they strung up the Collector of Masks to be lynched. If the vicious Mafian ToaD had been alive, he would have laughed, for his long lost plan had succeeded from beyond the grave.

The Collector of Masks, Matoran, lynched

Fortunately, the other half of the villager population was considerably smarter, dragging the lazy calculus homework Mafian to his demise.

Seaborgium, Mafian, lynched

And so, in an unlikely turn of events that even the Host could not have predicted, the remaining villagers were indeed victorious.

THE END.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE MAFIA - THE MEANING OF DEATH: This group of five people must decide at least one target per night, and who shall be sent to kill. In the round of voting following each kill, any and all votes against the true killer or killers will count for double. For each Mafian who is lynched, this group shall obtain one more kill per night, and can obtain up to five kills per night in said manner with only one of them being left alive. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game was based on fishers' death in Bionifight Infinite - and her theory that whoever kills someone would be more likely to die. Of course, building a game around an idea thought up by an insane person is, well, insane.   

POST - GAME HOST NOTES (HOW THIS GAME WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK): 

Surprised? Actually, the game mechanics I just mentioned above barely mattered. There were no close lynches in here in which the fact that the killer's votes were doubled actually mattered - although you guys came this close to lynching Nato on Day 2 without realizing it (Why did you not actually vote, Unit? Why?). 

Secondly, the Mafia could have chosen to send one player to kill multiples, which would have left me with 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 15 dead people, and there were only 16 villagers + secret roles, leaving one lone villager at the end - and that was assuming that no villagers were lynched. I decided not to railroad the Mafia into this strategy, letting them choose to have multiple people kill people, or just kill one person and hide their advantage until later - all sorts of things they could have done. 

Hence why I had the Makuta Secret Role - the idea was that he would kill off at least one of the Mafians so it would only be 1+ 2 + 3 + 4 or 1+ 2 + 3. The Checkmate Toa's Role was actually pro-Mafia - he would ensure that his killer was lynched so more kills would be given to the Mafia. (Whoever caught the irony - props to you.) 

As such, upon seeing the Makuta role killed night one, I swiftly concluded that the Mafia was going to win. Especially after Day Two. Then the Mafia got dumb and killed Unit without checking ToaD's suspect list for Night Two - I didn't even check it until I pulled the RNG for ToaD's second kill and realized that I had just declared him only absolutely guilty. 

The real kicker was the absent Seaborgium at the end - he could have easily killed five of you, leaving about two of you to vote, and he might have been able to avoid being voted for long enough to kill everyone. 

But I'm not Luroka, folks. You don't play, you don't win. And now I have some changes I need to make to my next Mafia game to adjust to the lessons learned here. Cheers and stuff, and until next time, thanks for playing!

• Upvote 5

I think this is the first Mafia game I've been in that's actually come to a proper end. Yay!

• Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

One Mafian lynched a day. Was there any other Mafia game where that happend :P?

Welcome to Bionicle Mafia XX. 

I think this is the first Mafia game I've been in that's actually come to a proper end. Yay!

"Finish what I start" is practically my middle name though...

...no, seriously, how do people NOT finish things that they start? If I start something and haven't finished, it bugs me and bugs me and bugs me until I actually finish. 

• Upvote 5

Darn. First time I'm part of the Mafia (unless Murder Mansion counts), and I get lynched the first time. I also that the mafia could win, but the absence of Seaborgium kind of stopped that. Still, for what it was, I enjoyed it, and I'm also glad that the sheep won. :)

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

That was indeed very short.

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

A confusing end is still a proper one.

I refuse to count tank crew ex machina as a proper ending. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This is simultaneously hilarious and tragic, all the more so considering that this was absurdly stacked against the Village. Good game, Village.

That said, it's not your fault that the game went haywire (it seems like a simply enough variation on Mafia.) I have a beef with the Village's odds being so low, even with a near-perfect performance, but that's the only negative I can think of. Kudos for extreme punctuality. This is a healthy trend!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot something. Multiple Mafiosi being able to show up on a suspect list is exclusive to this game, right? Because otherwise, it's extremely unfair for them, lowering as it does the odds of their survival.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

If I ever did suspect lists I would make them totally random other than the killer meaning multiple mafia could very well appear on the list. (But I perfer not to use suspect lists at all anyways.)

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

If I ever did suspect lists I would make them totally random other than the killer meaning multiple mafia could very well appear on the list. (But I perfer not to use suspect lists at all anyways.)

The problem with this is that it can create situations in which, at best, the Mafia has a 50% chance of not losing a man and, at worst, the Village can accidentally hang multiple Mafiosi.

gZsNWyr.png

Well, everything worked out well enough this time. 

For the village, at least...

That said, it's not your fault that the game went haywire (it seems like a simply enough variation on Mafia.) I have a beef with the Village's odds being so low, even with a near-perfect performance, but that's the only negative I can think of. Kudos for extreme punctuality. This is a healthy trend!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot something. Multiple Mafiosi being able to show up on a suspect list is exclusive to this game, right? Because otherwise, it's extremely unfair for them, lowering as it does the odds of their survival.

1) I wouldn't call it haywire, it just turned out differently from my expectations. Which is normal.

"Welcome to Life. It may turn out differently than you expect."

2) Actually, had the Secret Role survived for more than one night, we probably would be having a very different conversation about how the odds were stacked against the Mafia. Still, using a SR to maintain the balence of power is one of this game's flaws, which I will be accounting for in any future games I plan to host. I mostly feel the need to reduce some complications in my plans for my next game too, as I had to pull some teeth to get the Mafia to move.

3) The random suspect lists were because the SR got killed off. Also because I made 5 suspects on the list day 1 and accidently declared 5 people "innocent", so I wanted to shed some doubt. In a regular game, no, I wouldn't do that.

• Upvote 3