fishers64

GM IC TRAFEROUS 

Traferous reassembled his form and incorporated some mass from the pocket dimension into his form, repairing the damage. As he did, he examined the cell. It seemed that he could just take a laser to it and escape from the cell, but Traferous doubted it was that easy. If this cell still had power, it could also have sensors that could warn the Heroes of his escape...or blasting the walls could just cause an explosion, which would also give him away. 

His mission was simple - find Fravi and Night Stalker, and free them. Mentally, he debated through stealth options, but none seemed very good. Anyone emerging from the basement was him, anyway. 

IC: Night Stalker

Night Stalker gets an even better idea,and this time a malicious grin crosses his face this time.  "Would it be easier for you to just possess the sword itself?  If you could just turn it off right as he is about to strike I could land a devastating blow, and he'd be able to see it coming.  I want that hero to pay!"

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"Sure, but how are you going to land a devastating blow with no hammer?" Von Nebula said.

GM NPC STORMER

"It looks like spending time in the Black Orb staff turned him into energy and gave him the ability to possess mechanical devices, hero cuffs included," Stormer said. "If you have an energy blaster, I would try it against him. If you don't have one, perhaps you could trap him in some sort of mechanical device or something of that nature." 

Edited by fishers64

IC: Eloise Thumper - Hunk of Engine

Thumper frowned a little. "Wait... Why would your boss show him the weapons, and tell him he'd drop a bomb?"

She remembered what Helen said. Was this person really tricking her? Their friend seemed polite and genuinely hurt, but this was all sounding more and more suspicious.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Ruins

"Trap him? The only mechanical device I have at the moment is my Plasma sword. How do I get him to enter it? And if he does, how do I keep him in it?"

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

GM IC 78 EAST

"I'm not sure. He generally takes in people who need transport - but this guy Vyle was trying to get boss to align with a bunch of villains, and he wasn't happy after boss blew up the villain conspiracy's base in Mechron, so I guess he wanted to appease him instead of being mean and kicking him off the ship," 78 said, seeing Fravi and Night Stalker, and some sort of creepy ghost, and a Hero standing in front of that. "Do you see that?"

GM NPC STORMER

"Plasma is energy," Stormer said. "I would just try to stab him with it. He would probably possess the sword as a defense. To keep him there, you'll probably have to fight his mind to keep the sword turned on, because he will probably try to turn it off in order to escape the blade without injury."

Still feeling uncertain, Thumper nevertheless decided not to press further until someone who knew what was happening arrived. She peered off where her companion was pointing. "Huh. I guess that Hero caught the villains... and a ghost? It doesn't look like the ghost is sitting with them, though... Is the ghost on our side?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

OOC: If twice the flight power of Saracen won't work, then I guess I'll just have to settle for a partial percentage!

Hero Profile:  
Name: Penelope "Peppy" Starburst (formerly known as Penelope Darkshade)

Powers and Abilities:

"Starburst": Peppy has the power to create glowing ember-like apparitions as well as flashes which serve little purpose other than to distract enemies. She can control their brightness, all the way up to them being blindingly bright. This ability is actually only a sub-set of her real powers, which is the power to manipulate light particles in an area. This was meant to allow her to cloak herself from others by creating zones of darkness, but she went in a completely different direction with it. 

Movement: She is also extraordinarily agile, and can fly using similar mechanisms as Saracen Rune, what with gravity manipulators and such, although modified to allow her only to reach up to 75% of her terminal velocity, as anything higher would put a strain on her body. In any case, they allow her to accelerate by 1G, aka 9.8m/s2.

Weapon(s): Although she originally possessed two vibro-daggers and a silent energy gun, she has since discarded them for a two-handed golden staff with a five-point star on one end. She can use it for close combat, although it also helps her to channel her "starburst" ability. She calls it "The Celestial Wand".

Appearance: Originally, Peppy was clad in mean-looking jet-black armour, and had red glowing eyes and core, with her helmet shaped like a skull. She has since changed her appearance, and now sports softer-looking pink and white armour. Replacing her skull helmet is a very stylized and cartoony looking skull-shaped helmet with wings on either side that resemble large puffy ponytails. Her eyes and core still glow red, but she has modified both with glass that turns the light bold pink. She has always had a short and slender build.

Bio: Originally built to be an assassin build black-ops hero, Peppy rejected that role to become a regular hero. She now takes on missions just as any of her other fellow heroes, and brings a cheery, and often at times overly optimistic, disposition to the battlefield. How ever, she can be a very efficient fighter when battling an opponent, to the point of some heroes thinking her mannerisms are just a deception to make opponents lower their guard. In reality it's just her true personality, but it does achieve said effect of deception at times.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Riot - Hero Factory (Ruins)

Finally making his way topside, Riot began to lose his balance, forcing him to reach out towards a large piece of rubble in order to keep himself from falling over.

"This is Agent Riot, broadcasting on all open HF frequencies," he groaned as his vision started to cloud up again with static. "Requesting medical assistance... Over."

IC: Phantom - Mechna (Spaceport)

Focusing the scope of her rifle from her position on a nearby rooftop, the assassin patiently waited for her targets to arrive.

Days prior, she had been notified through her usual channels that someone was in the market to have a particular band of slaver droids permanently taken out of commission, and since the pay was decent enough, she decided to inquire further. The client was a high-ranking member of one of Mechna's oldest organised crime families, widely known to dabble in activities such as arms trafficking, money laundering, and fencing stolen goods, just to name a few. Apparently, she and her boyfriend had gotten into a fight about a week ago, and, shortly after he had left their appartment to blow off some steam, he was taken hostage outside of his favorite bar. Hours later, she received a message threatening that he would be sold off to the highest bidder if she didn't agree to meet with them and pay the desired ransom amount to ensure his safety.

What they weren't expecting, however, was that they were walking straight into a trap.

One of her employer's operations involved the production and distribution of counterfeit credit chips, the same chips that the briefcase she intended to give them just so happened to be filled with. Another one of their demands involved access to a fueling station to ensure a swift getaway upon the completion of their transaction, one that she had previously targeted from afar long before the client had actually arrived, and one where the attendant had been previously paid off to end his day early shortly after it had been hooked up to their ship. Watching on in silence as the scene began to play itself out, eventually resulting in the departure of the woman and her entourage after receiving what they had came for, she aimed her weapon towards the expended gel rounds as the slavers began to climb back aboard their current mode of transportation, all except one, who foolishly began moving towards the pump in an attempt to look for the now missing worker and was completely oblivious to the colorful opaque substance that was about to cause his demise.

"Statement: You shouldn't have played with fire, Scrapheap. Especially without expecting to be burned."

A quick squeeze of the trigger later, and the resulting explosion engulfed the platform in flames, spewing parts from both robot and ship alike in all manner of directions as the subsequent ignition of the fuel tore the latter apart from within. Amused with her handiwork, she took a moment to admire the sight before returning to her feet and slinging her rifle across her back as she prepared to depart. As she made her way back towards the ground, a short notification appeared on the edge of her peripheral vision, alerting her that her payment for the deed had been wired to her account, along with the promise of more work should her services be required in the future. With the fire burning away what little evidence remained of her presence, especially since she had taken the time to pick up her casings, chances where that the entire incident would be ruled as an unfortunate accident, if anyone even bothered to properly investigate at all.

Taking on a disguise before emerging back out onto the street, Phantom stepped into the crowd, only to disappear as if she had never been there to begin with.

OOC: Anyone know the current whereabouts of Furno, Epix, and Co.? Was going to have The Recall attempt to evict Zippy's duck from Kaiba Blader's chest cavity, but if they've already arrived back in Makuhero City, then that's okay too.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: The duck is deep enough in the chest wound and oil-soaked enough to not be visible in the wound itself. Fear not, her time will come. Soon. Very soon.

Also, I'm not sure. I assume they're on their way back now. Last we heard, they were dropping off the turbines.

Night Stalker gets an even better idea,and this time a malicious grin crosses his face this time.  "Would it be easier for you to just possess the sword itself?  If you could just turn it off right as he is about to strike I could land a devastating blow, and he'd be able to see it coming.  I want that hero to pay!"

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"Sure, but how are you going to land a devastating blow with no hammer?" Von Nebula said.

Night Stalker raises his gun arm.  "His chest plate is severely damaged.  One good shot from this should bust through completely.  If you could fade out completely or travel through the ground he wouldn't even see you coming."

Edited by Vestak

OOC: Since I hadn't actually posted on Captor for a short while, I figured he might simply have decided on an alternative course of action... Tell me if you disagree with this so that I can edit.

IC: Captor

Even with some of the panels on his back ruined, most of his armour was still able to cloak. By hiding his back to the villains, he was able to hide his presence, sneak around them, and come up behind them. What with the hero-cuffs having drained Nightstalker, it only made sense that his radar was a bit out of whack, allowing Captor to sneak up on him. He was now in position to ambush Nighstalker, should he attempt the move he just described.

OOC: It's been a few minutes since the cuffs were deactivated, so he'd be fully powered up by now.  I do't know how much power radar takes, but it's high on Night Stalker's priority list and he would want it up as soon as possible.  I imagine it would also have to go through start up procedures and whatnot, so I'm fine with Captor being in position, but Night Stalker is going to know he's there within 10-15 seconds.

Night Stalker raises his gun arm.  "His chest plate is severely damaged.  One good shot from this should bust through completely.  If you could fade out completely or travel through the ground he wouldn't even see you coming."

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"I can do better," Von Nebula said, cloaking himself from view. "Get ready." He started over toward the Hero. 

GM IC 78 EAST

"I don't know who or what he is at all."

GM NPC FURNO/ANTROPOLIS CIVILIANS

After the civilians finished unloading the turbines, Furno closed the dropship and blasted back to Makuhero city. 

Nothing fully prepared him for the sight before him - a blackened basement where the Hero Factory used to be, two ships parked on the side of it that read as friendly, and an unknown ship with no power signature that was broken in pieces. "Alpha Leader Furno here, incoming with Jason Ferro and William Flood, Epix the Recall, and a prisoner." 

GM NPC ZIB

"Affirmative, Furno," said Zib. "I'm in the silver ship right now. You're clear to land." 

GM NPC FURNO

"Alright, folks, where should we land?" Furno said. "We can land on the water if need be. Close to the...Astral" he read off of his screen or close to the enemy wreck? Personally I want to investigate that, but Epix, you may want to drop off your prisoner first. So what are we going for?"

Edited by fishers64

GM NPC VON NEBULA

"I can do better," Von Nebula said, cloaking himself from view. "Get ready." He started over toward the Hero. 

Night Stalker nodded and was about to go after Gorn when he paused.  He picked up the handle of his hammer, then began walking towards Gorn.  That's when his radar finished it's start up procedure and the display popped up in Night Stalker's helmet.  He took a quick look around and swore silently when Captor came into view.  He needed to get rid of it.  He fired a gas bomb at the ground near his feet to hide him from sight, turned, and unleashed a barrage of energy blasts and bullets.

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous opted to absorb the entire prison cell into his form. For a few seconds, any observers would have been treated to an absurd sight of a prison cell having arms, legs, and a head before he reconstituted himself into standard form. In so doing, he found himself pressed to a basement wall, power running into his form like a battery. 

GM IC DR. LIE

Alone, Dr. Lie finished stitching himself up. He lay back, deciding he'd rest for a few minutes. While he should go to repair the engines, that operation wasn't worth killing himself. It would be easier with Traferous around too...

GM NPC VON NEBULA

Why did he just turn around and fire at empty air? Von Nebula wondered. He decided to wait until Night Stalker and Gorn were fighting before possessing the sword, it would be more devastating that way. 

"I hope they're on our side," she said. "I don't know if I can punch a ghost."

One of the arrested individuals started shooting everywhere from a gas cloud they made. Thumper frowned and turned to East. "Can you wait here? I have to go help with that."

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - I'm Imagining Furno Mixing Up His And Flood's First Names And Laughing

"If Epix doesn't need to drop his prisoner off, I wouldn't mind exploring the crashed ship," said Flood. He would have much preferred to be closer to the water, but he was perfectly happy to go along with whatever Furno wanted to do.

~

IC: Q Team - Quark Qruiser

The Quark Qruiser had taken off and was rising out of the atmosphere, its pilot impatient and tired of waiting.

OOC: Still feel free to call Quark back to pick up prisoners. She will be the exact opposite of happy with your character, but provided she's not there already, she'll turn around and pick them up.

OOC: I may be misunderstanding something here, but I thought Hero cuffs were supposed to drain power, not just suppress it.

Even though Night Stalker's cuffs have been removed, I don't recall him plugging into a recharging station or anything, so where's he suddenly gotten the energy to use his radar and weaponry? 

Edited by Shadow Nato

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Nato has a point. Reviewing the archived HS01 page on Hero Cuffs, they drain power. They don't suppress power. It also said that then Vilains can be chucked in a secure holding cell, so it'd also excuse away why cells apparently don't have power-cancelling abilities, since Traferous had no problems messing with his. If Villains were normally kept so low on power they couldn't do anything but walk and talk, then you wouldn't need to further cancel that power.

• Upvote 5

IC: FOCUS [sHADY BAR]

"To freedom," Focus echoed, downing a second drink.

As the bartender refilled his glass again, he cast his gaze across the bar, noting several of the patrons (such as Arsenal and Morphos, among others), although he did not recognize any of them. That was both good and bad; if he did not recognize them, chances were they in turn had never met him. Of course, the bad part was that nobody here could be trusted... no doubt a Hero would provide any of these beings with a rather large bounty.

Hopefully his status as rogue would hold any such attempts off for now.

"Perhaps you could help me," he continued, his gaze returning to Uerub. "My current mission is next to impossible, but I am searching for anyone who might be able to rebuild or modify a Hero to remove the... boundaries that the factory has placed on them. An experiment, if you will - one born of my own curiosity. How many more Heroes would turn their backs once freed from the programming that they might not even be aware is there?"

IC Wolfe - Fighting Var:

"How kind of you," the veteran quipped before he adopted a more serious tone. "But I have a better idea: leave this planetoid now -- without laying a hand on another being -- and I won't call the calvary."

IC Helen - Astral:

"Rune, the power signature of the last villain cell just went dark," she warned over the comms.

IC NPC Bulk - Downed Ships:

Jogging round the side of the ship, Bulk stopped abruptly to avoid slamming into 78. "Whoa now!" He turned to Thumper as he pulled out a pair of Hero cuffs. "Is this one of 'em? Where's the other?"

Edited by FallenCor

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Epix - Furno's Ship

Swallowing his anger concerning the current state of his home, The Recall took a moment to properly evaluate the situation.

"Two of my drones were rendered inoperable during the events on Antropolis, and one of them, while still functioning, took a sniper round to the wing, so I doubt it will be able to fly well," Epix stated. "That being said, a core recharge, while nice, isn't entirely necessary at the moment either."

He took a glance towards Kaiba Blader before continuing.

"Even though the methods used by Kaiba and his siblings were brutal, however, the idea of leaving him in such a state of disrepair would not honor his memory, nor the fact that he was still one of the prototypes that eventually led to our creation, so the thought of doing so understanably doesn't sit right with me. I've had to put down a lot of Rogue Heroes in my time, as like it or not, that is what my job entails, but if he still has a chance of being repaired both in body and in programming, then I am obligated to at least attempt to get him such treatment. Likewise, you still have an obligation to capture the scum responsible for reducing the Assembly Tower to rubble, as not doing so would be an injustice to all of those who fell today."

A slight pause lingered in the air for a moment as he made peace with his decision.

"Investigate the wreckage of the ship if you're fit enough to do so. I can find my own way aboard The Astral without further assistance once you land."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne.

"Urgh... I hate being right..." he groaned, turning to look back down towards the basement entrance, "If this guy really survived getting blown to pieces, then I have no idea how we're supposed to beat him." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Helen - Astral:

"You've done your best, Rune," she told him, which was the closest thing to a compliment anyone had gotten out of her in ages. "For now, try assisting the others until we see what this guy's next move is."

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Saracen Rune - Airborne. 

"Andrea's right," he pitched in, "This guy hindered our efforts on Tranquis, his agents slaughtered an entire police station and blew up numerous buildings on Mechron, and now he's destroyed Hero Factory and killed who knows how many heroes and civilians in the process." He checked the power gauge on his rifle, although he had a feeling the weapon would be next to useless against Traferous, "He can't be cuffed, can't be caged, and I'm beginning to think he can't be killed, either. He needs to be stopped." 

As Von Nebula disappeared, Night Stalker began firing at Captor, who has snuck up behind him. Taking advantage of the distraction, Gorn ignited his sword before charging the villain. He kept his shield in front of his torso, wary of the damage it had sustained.

IC: Jason Ferro- Dropship

As the smoking wreckage of his home came into view, panic began to overcome Ferro once again. He slumped over in his seat, burying his face in his hands. Nothing was left. It was all gone. Everything he had known in his short life had been wiped off the face of the planet. What now? What could he possibly do? His thoughts immediately fell on the perpetrators, whoever they were. They deserved to be melted alive. Torn to pieces before being plunged into a molten pit. They... NO. They should not be killed. The Hero Factory was never about vengeance. It was about protecting the Galaxy. Giving the perpetrators a gory death would solve nothing. While the factory itself was no more, it still lived on through the heroes it created. They would protect the galaxy until the very end. It was up to them to make sure that the perpetrators didn't escape to kill again! After that? He had no idea...

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Uerub Kalslann

"Rebuild a hero?" Uerub racked her mind for something that might help with that. "Hmmm... Well, I've heard of a few things that might help. First there's this rumour of some guy on a big ship having built a construction tower, just like in your old factory, into his ship. Buuut I wouldn't know how trustworthy that is. I mean, that sounds more than a little crazy, doesn't it?"

Uerub pondered for a moment. "Then there's this group, pretty fledgling at the moment, but steadily gaining ground. They call themselves Project Hatchet. Seems like they're interested in law making themselves... for a little something in return, from what I hear. I also hear that they too have a construction tower, and that they're accepting rogue heroes like yourself into their ranks. Buuut I wouldn't know about going after that one either. Something doesn't sit right with me about that rabble, and I hear they're a bit picky about who they let in."

Uerub pondered for a moment again, before lighting up. "Oh! Of course then there's..." Uerub's bright face grew a shadow of gloom over it as she thought more about it. "... Never mind. Perhaps you'd be best off finding those Project Hatchet guys, even if that might be a little... unreliable."

IC: FOCUS [sHADY BAR]

"I'm interested in all options," Focus replied. "What is this third group? What's wrong with them?"

It was possible - indeed, more likely probable - that her hesitation had been engineered specifically to attract his curiosity. Appear hesitant to share information, and the person wanting said information would then want it even more. That being said, it was also possible that he would end up going to this third party regardless; finding a ship with a construction tower inside of it would be a nightmare, and if this Project Hatchet was interested in law making... well, his intentions were to give Echo the freedom to get away from upholding the law if he so chose, not enslave him back to it under a different name.

IC: Uerub Kalslann
"Not a group. A person... or, well, a being..." Uerub glanced around before leaning in closer, lowering her voice. "They call her the dark lady... apparently she can revive the mechanical dead. But it has a price." Uerub looked Focus directly in the eyes, her glare carrying a hint of intense wariness. "Listen, you may not think much of the price then and there in the moment, but trust me, it'll be steep. I implore you to search for another way..."

IC: Var Vicious
"I have no quarrel with your fellow 'heroes', although I make no promises when it comes to other 'villains'. But I'm afraid this isn't a negotiation. Take my offer, or be destroyed. The choice is yours."Var made no sign of budging.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Eloise Thumper - Not Prepared

She had honestly been expecting Bulk to approach from somewhere she could see him, and was taken by surprise by his sudden arrival. She folded her arms over her chest to stop her gloves hands shaking.

"Uh," she started, glancing at her companion and back again. "Um, sort of? I don't, uh, know if they were involved. We were hoping you could, maybe, help? If that's all right?"

She looked to her maybe-villain companion again, looking somewhere between ridiculously happy and ridiculously nervous.

~

IC: Wilbur Flood - Dropship

He could see a ship that looked a little like Quark's take off, and focused on that rather than his ruined home. At least there were survivors, he thought in an attempt to comfort himself.

~

IC: Mona Selphi - Lab

While waiting for Shard and Shade, she arranged some tools. She wasn't as skilled at autopsies as the coroner, but she was certainly capable of some basic analysis.

GM IC 78 EAST

"I don't know what you mean," 78 said, looking at Bulk. "I am a part of what now? I am a person who crashed on this planet, and Thumper was nice enough to help me out. She should get promoted for that." Help. 

GM IC TRAFEROUS

Traferous disconnected himself from the power supply, admittedly nervous. Then he sighed, and headed in the direction of the sound of bullets. It wasn't very far. Now: how to get himself out of the basement.

• Upvote 1

OOC: Nato has a point. Reviewing the archived HS01 page on Hero Cuffs, they drain power. They don't suppress power. It also said that then Vilains can be chucked in a secure holding cell, so it'd also excuse away why cells apparently don't have power-cancelling abilities, since Traferous had no problems messing with his. If Villains were normally kept so low on power they couldn't do anything but walk and talk, then you wouldn't need to further cancel that power.

OOC: Here's my viewpoint on this - I'm a bit rattled today, so correct me if I'm wrong. The cuffs drain power out of the beings' core, preventing the user from having enough energy to fire their weapons or use powers. Remove the cuffs, and the flow of power from the beings' core should be enough to fire their weapons and use their powers.

In other words, the amount of power needed to use powers or fire weapons is much less than the total energy content of a charged-up individual (which it has to be). All the cuffs would have to do would be to drain power at something equal to or greater than that power level to stop the villain from firing. 

But greater than that power level =/= instant total complete energy drain, otherwise the villains would end up shutting down as soon as the cuffs hit their wrists. That's not how the HF canon portrays the cuffs, especially not in the Breakout episode where Voltix used his powers after they were taken off. Plus it doesn't make too much sense that a device on your wrist would be able to do that without exploding, at least without some huge internal battery. 

As for the cells, I'm going with the idea (for now) that they are made of an alloy that resists a lot of powers (flames and plasma), and they also have an energy field in the walls and front, which works as long as it is connected to a power source, which in turn is connected to a sensor grid. Admittedly, this makes Traferous' escape a little bit of a stretch, since the character cannot absorb energy without the associated mass. An ordinary mass transmutation villain would have trouble with the field. For some reason, though, I never thought the field would be on the bottom, because if a villain punched a hole in the bottom, they would fall. In any case, if there was a field on the bottom they would need a seam for the amperes for the field down there, so Traferous could just transmute the mass into the amperes and smash them to turn it off. 

Back in the days of old Mission control, a mass transmutation villain would be foiled by the sensor grid in the field - any change in the field would alert the appropriate personnel and they would be moved to a higher security cell. The Astral is disconnected physically from this.

OOC: Honestly, I liked Hero Factory and found it so charmingly goofy, but it had a lot of stuff going with it. One thing is that it didn't go into as much detail as Bionicle. This isn't a bad thing, by any means, but it does mean we don't have details about certain characters, places or items.

The Hero Cuffs were treated as more of a finisher move kind of deal- once the Heroes had them on the villain, that's it. That's the end of the fight. They typically didn't have to explain how they worked, just that they did. Honestly, the last time I watched Breakout was a couple weeks ago (months, maybe?) and that was only to skim through the start part for Jawblade punching Stormer. So fair enough point about Voltix's using powers right after.

I'd say, you're the GM. HS01 and the first episode of the show (I've seen that episode enough times, the DVD requires you to fast forward to episodes instead of selecting them from a menu and I never have it in me to skip by one of my two favourite villains) say they're power-draining, but Breakout makes that point kinda weird and hinted at being more power-restraining than power absorbing. I'd say on this point, it's fair enough to be up to you about how they work.

At this point Traferous has reached this Old Man Henderson level with me where I just nod along with whatever he does, so his escape doesn't even faze me anymore.

That's not how the HF canon portrays the cuffs, especially not in the Breakout episode where Voltix used his powers after they were taken off. 

So fair enough point about Voltix's using powers right after.

OOC: Not that it really impacts fishers' overall point, but the wikis do somewhat suggest that the reason Voltix was able to use his powers is because those same powers - control over electricity, and energy absorption - meant the cuffs likely weren't working properly on him in the first place. 

Which would probably explain why he was the one tasked with carrying out the first stage of the Breakout. 

Again, it doesn't really change anything - fishers makes plenty of valid points, which I have no disagreements with - but the specific example of Voltix in Breakout may have had more to do with Voltix himself than the cuffs. 

OOC: Fair enough, mate. That's an interesting fact, though, especially how he'd been arrested before. But I guess it'd be better to keep that sort of thing to himself until he really needed it and stick around for his sentence, rather than clue the Hero Factory into requiring new cuffs from the first arrest and being stuck later.

OOC: I never thought about it much.  I was thinking that the cuffs were more of power suppressors, like Fishers said.  If they drained power to the point where the villain could just walk and talk, I would think that the villain would run out of power very soon after that, just by being awake.  With no new power coming to the villains and needing power for basic life-sustaining functions, applying the cuffs would probably cause them to loose power completely not long after application.

IC: Captor

Captor had already sprinted off around him, evading his bullets as he closed in, finally leaping at Nightstalker in hopes of biting and crushing his gun arm.

As Von Nebula disappeared, Night Stalker began firing at Captor, who has snuck up behind him. Taking advantage of the distraction, Gorn ignited his sword before charging the villain. He kept his shield in front of his torso, wary of the damage it had sustained.

OOC: Toa Onaku, Night Stalker is two words, jsyk.  Also, Night Stalker is firing energy blasts as well as bullets, and is very hard to see inside a cloud of toxic gas.

As Night Stalker has no trouble seeing the dog hero, he is able keep the hero from getting behind him and to shoot rather accurately, finding it hard to miss at such close range.  As Captor crouches to spring, Night Stalker raises his makeshift staff like a baseball bat and swings, hoping to connect with Captor in mid air, while simultaneously moving his gun arm out of the way of the lunge.

He registers the fact that Gorn is closing, but waits for the moment, as he is still some ways away.

IC Wolfe - Negotiating with Var:

He let out a weary chuckle. "Seems I have none," he replied, absently tapping his bow against his leg in thought. "Very well, then... I acquiesce to your offer." Giving an exaggerated bow, Wolfe then stepped back and leaned against the chunk of wall he had previously slammed into. He would love nothing more than to subdue this villain, but he knew there was no way he would come out of the fight in any condition to help his comrades. Letting her go was the logical option, no matter how much it stung.

IC NPC Bulk - Downed Villain Ships:

Bulk glanced with dubiety from 78 to Thumper and back. "Well, that's for the higher-ups to decide, but I don't doubt Thumper here did an excellent job... Anyway, I'm gonna need you to come with us, miss. If you don't fuss, we won't need these." He held up the cuffs as a warning.

IC Helen - Astral:

Helen thought about what Saracen and Andrea had said. The Heroes were most definitely backed into a corner where this villain was concerned. However much they all wanted this being to pay for what he'd done to their friends and their home, she still felt that outright ending this villain for good should only be attempted once they had exhausted all other options... and there was one painfully simple one that they hadn't yet tried.

"Zib, has anyone even tried talking to this guy?"

If she had to, she'd march right on out there herself and give the villain a piece of her mind.

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

OOC: Honestly, at this point I'm paranoid of losing my impartiality in this situation because of how involved I am here - I'm trying not play Traferous in a more abusive manner than I am already. Feel free to take on NPCs or challenge me OOC if I goof this up. 

GM NPC FURNO

Furno saw Ferro's saddened and panicked expression, and decided that questioning further was a bad idea. "We'll land on the water, but put the back of her on the shore so Epix doesn't have to wade with the prisoner. Then me and Wilbur Flood - sorry about that - will go investigate that wreck. Sound good?"

GM NPC ZIB

"I'm assembling the data," Zib said to Saracen. "You're telling me that the shapeshifter on Tranquis, the boss on Mechron, and the guy who destroyed the factory are the same person? That means that we're dealing with a shapeshifter that can change size and can incorporate things in and out of his form at will."

GM NPC NEX/SURGE/STORMER/STRINGER

"Wait, hold up," Nex said, looking over the data. "His name is Traferous, right?" He pulled up a website - "this guy?"

"Dude, that man is super rich," said Surge. "He is loaded."

"A loaded crook," said Stormer. "Didn't you say he was a shapeshifter? He could have fooled the factory for years by just taking civilian form every time we showed up."

"Yeah, but usually an inspection turns up something awry," said Nex. "A misplaced account, money going under the table to somewhere. This business is squeaky. They even got attacked by the brains a few months back, and I remember helping them out to clear the pests off of their ships."

"So he's a rich guy who got caught in the middle and blackmailed into doing this?" Stringer said. "But that doesn't explain the shapeshifting."

"Nor does it explain his casual attitude about blowing things up," Stormer said. "He's a threat that needs to be stopped. Check his personal finances."

"Those aren't public," Surge said. "We'd have to call his bank."

"I think blowing up Hero Factory counts as a search warrant," said Nex. "Abacus, you here?"

GM NPC STORMER

"We need to help Saracen and the others out," Stormer said, grabbing the PA system. "All fort building and drawing projects end now. We are facing a villain that may well be the end of us all, and I need all hands on deck to help figure this out. You can engage in group therapy later."

OOC: Stormer is the worst. 

GM NPC ZIB (REPLYING TO HELEN)

"Saracen and Thumper tried - he basically said that blowing up the Factory was a combination of accident and blackmail, and kept trying to free his people from our restraints. His associate 78 was much more talkative, but there's a lot of things she doesn't know." He sent Helen the files of Saracen's and Thumper's interactions post-crash. 

Edited by fishers64