fishers64

IC: Echo - Near Extraction Point, but delayed by UNEXPECTED INTERVIEW!

Echo was glad the angry citizen had ran past. Now she-

The Hero's train of thought was interrupted by... a reporter? He was being interviewed?

Echo stared blankly at her for a moment. Snapping out of it, he responded warily with "I'm extracting these civilians from the area. It's too dangerous for them on the ground until Hero Factory has secured the area and gotten the situation completely under control." He grimaced under his smooth faceplate. He couldn't stand the media.

His ear was suddenly filled with the voice of another Hero, one who's signal came from the Hotel he'd just left. The Hero identified himself as "Azure Stryker". Echo switched on his sound dampeners so the reporter couldn't hear his reply. "Thanks for the update, Stryker. Oh, there's something I'd like you to check out for me while you're in there: I read an unidentified signature on a scan of the ground floor I did. Could you check it out for me?" 

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Eloise Thumper - In Enemy Base

Thumper, confused, slapped the hand sliding up her side away. "What, are you trying to woo me or something? I was just punching your face in, hombre."

Then, the other robot (whose face she had literally punched in) went to grab her arm. She responded by shoving him back with a puzzled look. Then, she saw the third robot running for the now-open door after the frightened scream of an evildoer faced with a Hero, and everything fell into place.

"Oh, I get it. Trying to seduce me as a distraction, eh? Well, it's not going to work. I fight for the forces of good, villainy will never sway me!" She smirked, convinced she had their little scheme worked out.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Jimmy Abacus

Jimmy swiftly approached Thumper fighting the two robots, and seeing the third one running away, he swiftly took aim and fired a few shots at its centre of mass. Seeing as how he'd trained in shooting moving targets before, it was unlikely that he'd miss.

OOC: Sorry I was gone so long (again); things have been busy this last week.

IC--Artemus Schadenfreude--Grand Tranq lobby

Artemus grinned in response, and as the civilians streamed out of the lobby, he dropped the elevator key into Riot's waiting hand.

IC--Simon Trigger--Sky

"Agh."  Seriously, what was this? There had to be something going on here somewhere. Why couldn't he find it? "Zib," he said tersely, trying to get in tough with mission control one last time, "this is Trigger. Things are looking deceptively calm where I'm at. Are there any problem spots I should be aware of?"

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC Wolfe [Enemy Base - Northeast Hall]:

The vet frowned at Vantal's reaction. He could understand wanting to complete this dire mission posthaste, injury or not, but he'd only just had a broken neck repaired, and rushing back into the fray without Splint's consent would be terribly unwise. Plus, his choice of words seemed to imply ulterior objectives. "You can go when the doc says you can," he replied flatly. "And this 'business' of yours... you get special orders from Mission Control or something?"

IC Jet [Hall Near door of evuls Rocket]:

So much for tripping the robot. As soon as Jet was up, however, he slipped to the side (away from the gunfire of his fellows) and attempted a roundhouse kick, hoping the momentum would propel his opponent into the robot that was running for the door.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

IC: Saracen Rune - Really Evil Rocket Bay. 

He flew down to where the rogue civilian had fallen and started gathering up the scattered printouts -  Seriously, who even uses paper anymore? - with his free hand.

GM IC SARACEN

The papers apparently were a bunch of checklists and countdown instructions, mixed in with a bunch of computer code printouts. Apparently the civilian in question was checking the code for the rocket against the requirements - by hand. 

He might not have been finished, however - there were no errors marked.

There was code for an emergency shutdown in case something went wrong, which could be useful. 

IC: Gadget Thompson/Hallways, Engaging in Battle

Despite the explosion and recoil that made him stagger quite a lot, he was elated and did a fist pump in the air.

"YEAH!" he thought.

Now to help everyone else.

He took careful aim and fired a couple rounds at the robot running to the door. He wasn't going to run away any time soon.

OOC: Aiming at the back of the robot.

Jimmy swiftly approached Thumper fighting the two robots, and seeing the third one running away, he swiftly took aim and fired a few shots at its centre of mass. Seeing as how he'd trained in shooting moving targets before, it was unlikely that he'd miss.

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOT  (1 - AT DOOR)

The robot exploded from the shots, falling onto the floor in a heap. 

Thumper, confused, slapped the hand sliding up her side away. "What, are you trying to woo me or something? I was just punching your face in, hombre."

Then, the other robot (whose face she had literally punched in) went to grab her arm. She responded by shoving him back with a puzzled look. Then, she saw the third robot running for the now-open door after the frightened scream of an evildoer faced with a Hero, and everything fell into place.

"Oh, I get it. Trying to seduce me as a distraction, eh? Well, it's not going to work. I fight for the forces of good, villainy will never sway me!" She smirked, convinced she had their little scheme worked out.

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOT  (2 - W/THUMPER)

The security robot that had tried to grab Thumper growled with frustration and tried to kick Thumper in the leg. The other opened fire with its laser blaster at Thumper's head.  

IC--Simon Trigger--Sky

"Agh."  Seriously, what was this? There had to be something going on here somewhere. Why couldn't he find it? "Zib," he said tersely, trying to get in tough with mission control one last time, "this is Trigger. Things are looking deceptively calm where I'm at. Are there any problem spots I should be aware of?"

GM NPC ZIB

"There's big fight at a hospital a good distance from your location, and there's a bit of a scuffle over a civilian evacuation. I would recommend the hospital, as that might be more interesting."  

IC Wolfe [Enemy Base - Northeast Hall]:

The vet frowned at Vantal's reaction. He could understand wanting to complete this dire mission posthaste, injury or not, but he'd only just had a broken neck repaired, and rushing back into the fray without Splint's consent would be terribly unwise. Plus, his choice of words seemed to imply ulterior objectives. "You can go when the doc says you can," he replied flatly. "And this 'business' of yours... you get special orders from Mission Control or something?"

IC Jet [Hall Near door of evuls Rocket]:

So much for tripping the robot. As soon as Jet was up, however, he slipped to the side (away from the gunfire of his fellows) and attempted a roundhouse kick, hoping the momentum would propel his opponent into the robot that was running for the door.

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOT (1 - W/JET)

Jet's roundhouse kick pushed his robot into the explosion, destroying it. 

GM IC ???

"From the beginning," the villain said to Wolfe. He finally decided to use his powers to get the nanites off of him and return them to Splint intact, sighing as he turned to walk away. "I will make an effort to explain later," he said. "For now, you're just going to have to trust me." 

Thumper felt the kick and responded with a fist to the robot's raised knee, though in shifting her position she felt that the kicked leg had a little more resistance to moving than usual, probably a dent locking on something. The sound of laser fire attracted her attention seconds later as a shot grazed the side of her head. She spun and raised her fists to guard her face, ducking her head and stepping back for room. "Hey! Don't bring lasers to a fist fight!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Saracen Rune - On Litter Pick-up Duty.

"Hey guys, I've got something," he hissed into his comms as he picked up the last of the papers off the floor of the rocket bay, "there's an emergency shutdown code for the rocket."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I'm back.

What has happened?

And has anyone made an electronic warfare type charecter yet?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Ground Floor)

Riot gave Schadenfreude a quick salute and an exceedingly rare smirk as he took the key and proceeded his way back towards the elevator.

IC: Leighla Artemis - Sunny Square

"Things have gotten that bad, huh? Hmmm..." she said, pondering whether or not she should just have the camera bot take some quick aerial footage of the destruction before beating a retreat herself.

She raised an eyebrow as she watched the hero silence what appeared to be an incoming transmission, but decided not to press the issue. His tone and manner of speech implied that he wasn't pleased with her sudden appearance, but... maybe he somehow got the wrong impression?

"If it's any consolation, he's not actually recording anything at the moment," Leighla continued, tilting her head towards her companion. "I'm not exactly a fan of singling people out on the air without their permission."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Gadget Thompson/Control Room

I walked in and took a look at the papers.

"Interesting. Let me take a look at the console and scan the place to see where this is supposed to be inputted."
I sent a comm to Jimmy.

"Hey, can you see to reprogramming Stringer and Bulk's cores? At this time they should be about...let's say about 80% corrupted more or less. You need to fix them up before they go berserk."

To everyone else.

"There's a room full of quaza and anti-quaza. Meddling with it will lead to the destruction of the city. Make sure no one goes inside."

I began scanning the room and the rocket to see how this emergency shutdown thing worked and at the same time I went to an undamaged terminal.

"Now let's see what this computers are hiding."

I wasn't a professional hacker like Jimmy (who I'll admit is super amazing and my role model), but I knew enough to figure how consoles worked. I let my powers guide my hands. 

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

OOC: I'm back.

What has happened?

And has anyone made an electronic warfare type charecter yet?

OOC: Yes, his name is Jimmy Abacus. 

Basically the Heroes fixed communications, they fixed the explosives, and they are about to finish off Sunstorm. The second mission will begin within the week, I think. 

Thumper felt the kick and responded with a fist to the robot's raised knee, though in shifting her position she felt that the kicked leg had a little more resistance to moving than usual, probably a dent locking on something. The sound of laser fire attracted her attention seconds later as a shot grazed the side of her head. She spun and raised her fists to guard her face, ducking her head and stepping back for room. "Hey! Don't bring lasers to a fist fight!"

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (2 - NEAR THUMPER)

The fist hit the robot's kneecap armor, denting it badly. The one who had been firing the lasers continued firing as his buddy righted himself. 

GM IC GADGET

Only a moron would put the emergency shutdown code on paper without it actually being in the computer itself. Gadget's powers would easily find it - and the switches to activate it. However, it was clear that the code was designed to run once the rocket had already passed a few stages of launch - and it hadn't launched yet. The code would need to be modified - or something else would need to be done to stop the launch. 

GM NPC CITIZEN (NEAR GADGET)

The citizen huddled on the floor near Gadget's console, trying not to be noticed. 

IC: Echo - The Sunny Square

Echo relaxed slightly at the reporter's last statement. His words would be twisted somehow in an article later, not directly on the air. "Yes," He responded tersely to the first question and tried not to think about that incident on Xandros IX. 

His attention was momentarily diverted as a pair of Hero Dropships began descending from the sky, one of them being his own. He needed to get these civilians to the extraction point soon...

OOC: By the way, are Ezec and Aza still in the Sunny Square?

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Now that she had recovered from the brief surprise, Thumper barrelled forwards and attempted to wrestle the gun from the other robot.

IC: Saracen Rune.

With launch less than two hours away, and who knew how many other bots working behind the scenes to speed up the countdown, Saracen decided now would be a great time to climb up out of the rocket bay and head back into the control room.

He'd prefer not to get burned to a crisp, if at all possible...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I frowned.

"Saracen," I spoke over the comms. "The shutdown code would work if the rocket had already launched, we'd need to either modify the code or dismantle the rocket."

I continued to check out the system for anything else that might prove beneficial for the mission when I heard shuffling. I pulled out my rifle and aimed it at him. I didn't intend to fire at him, yet.

"Freeze."

OOC: It's a her. 

She didn't move, staring at the rifle in terror. 

GM IC GADGET

Most of the stuff that was in this part of the system Gadget had already sent to Zib from the first terminal. What was new here was a whole roster of command codes to launch the rocket, to guide it while in flight, and to deploy the Sunstorm weapon once the rocket reached Tranquis' sun. The latter had the most code. 

There was also some communication recordings and text files with someone named "GreenSkin", talking about funding and targets for the weapon. It seemed that this character had transferred Karter and Dumacc several million units of galactic currency to fund the rocket in exchange for targeting Hero Factory and the unnamed planet with rocks around it. The other target was a person beef of Dumacc's that they arranged. GreenSkin claimed to be working for something called "the galactic conspiracy Hero Factory doesn't know about."

IC: Saracen Rune.

"Can't we just launch the rocket, then use the shutdown code?" Saracen asked, "Or change its target coordinates to somewhere else, so it won't hit any one or thing important?" 

Now that she had recovered from the brief surprise, Thumper barrelled forwards and attempted to wrestle the gun from the other robot.

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (2 - W/THUMPER)

The robot holding the gun struggled, trying to kick Thumper in the stomach. The other one tried to get behind her and swung his leg to try to throw her to the ground. 

OOC: I'm laughing because "the galactic conspiracy Hero Factory doesn't know about" is the worst supervillain league name ever and also they're going to have to change it because now Hero Factory knows about it.

Instead of attempting to tear the gun away, she tightened her grip to crush the gun in her fists. Her hands occupied, she twisted to avoid taking the full brunt of the hit and brought her own forehead down at force on the robot she was grappling with's head.

There wasn't much she could do about the second one, so she ended up thrown to the ground with a startled grunt- but she didn't release her hold on the gun.

IC God Twins:

Ezec had carried Aza away to the inside of the Grand Tranq before she finally woke fully.

"What happened?!" She snarled, standing to her feet.

"We were outnumbered, and you were in trouble" Ezec rumbled.

"You should have destroyed them."

"Even I have my limits."

"I'll get to it when I can." Jimmy replied to Gear's comm. He aimed his pistol at one of the two robots that were fighting Thumper, firing at its centre of mass while it was clearly pre-occupied with Thumper, and thus unlikely to know to dodge his shots.

OOC: It's a her. 

She didn't move, staring at the rifle in terror. 

GM IC GADGET

Most of the stuff that was in this part of the system Gadget had already sent to Zib from the first terminal. What was new here was a whole roster of command codes to launch the rocket, to guide it while in flight, and to deploy the Sunstorm weapon once the rocket reached Tranquis' sun. The latter had the most code. 

There was also some communication recordings and text files with someone named "GreenSkin", talking about funding and targets for the weapon. It seemed that this character had transferred Karter and Dumacc several million units of galactic currency to fund the rocket in exchange for targeting Hero Factory and the unnamed planet with rocks around it. The other target was a person beef of Dumacc's that they arranged. GreenSkin claimed to be working for something called "the galactic conspiracy Hero Factory doesn't know about."

OOC: Oh. Okay.

"Don't move and I won't have to use this. Ok?"

He sent the recordings and text files to Zib.

"Hey Zib, there's something about a conspiracy. Take a look at what I'm sending you."

IC: Riot - The Grand Tranq (Ground Floor)

Arriving at the elevator, he quickly stepped inside and inserted the key, finally allowing him access to the basement level. Jabbing his finger towards the button, the device released a soft ding! as it began to make its descent.

IC: Leighla Artemis - Sunny Square

Turning to watch as the dropships began to arrive to evacuate civilians off-world, Leighla quickly realised that an opportunity had quite literally fallen into her lap.

"Mind if he gets some footage of that? I can do a voice-over once I get back to my own ship, and it won't interfere with your job; promise," she inquired.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Echo - Sunny Square

Echo was tense. He really didn't want the reporter and her crew involved. The very idea was loathsome to him. But he also didn't want to make Hero Factory seem secretive or unfriendly. The whole point of the organization was to give citizens people they could rely on and trust to keep them safe, and he wouldn't exactly be upholding that ideal if he denied the request.

He couldn't quite bring himself to answer, so he just nodded his reluctant consent.

GM NPC SECURITY ROBOTS (2 - W/THUMPER & ABACUS)

Thumper would succeed in crushing the gun. The robot that was holding it went down with Thumper, partly crushed by Thumper's weight. 

Meanwhile, the other robot found a hole in its spine thanks to Abacus. It sagged over from the waist up, looking pathetic. 

GM NPC ZIB

"Tracking that GreenSkin's comm signature now..." Zib said. "How is the rocket thing coming? I've already evacuated all non-essential personnel from here. How bad?"

Edited by fishers64

IC Wolfe:

He trusted Vantal about as far as he could throw him. It wasn't enough cause to stop the Hero from leaving, however, so Wolfe said nothing. Covert missions were just as much a part of the job as any other assignment, and Wolfe himself had been in Vantal's place many times. What irritated him were the problems such missions caused when unwitting squads such as theirs were thrown into the mix. Lack of communication could cause one party to inadvertently interfere with another's work; a teammate could be mistaken for the enemy; distrust could arise if desertion is suspected. And considering the number of dangerous ex-Heroes running loose in the galaxy, Wolfe was inclined towards the latter.

"Zib, do we have anyone here on special assignment?" he asked in a low voice through his comm. "If so, that's all I need to know; if not, we may have a deserter."

OOC: I apologize ahead of time if I randomly disappear this weekend -- been feeling a bit under the weather.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Thumper looked over to the robot she was resting on. "Oops."

Her hand went to her Hero cuffs- to find they weren't there. She'd used them on the wheeled robot in the other room. She sighed and instead simply gave a forceful bop to the other robot's head before getting up to make sure he wouldn't jump up immediately after her. She glanced at the second robot and pushed him over with a light shove. She looked over to the Hero still angling his weapon at the enemy and thanked him with a nod and a grin.

She did a quick check of her limbs and pulled her dented leg armour back into an approximation of its original position to stop it locking. Her shoulder still sparked occasionally, but there wasn't much she could do about that. There was a slight rattle when she took air through her vents. She thudded her fist against her chest twice, and whatever it was seemed to get back into place. Or fell somewhere it wouldn't rattle.

The grazing from the laser fire had only warped her helm a little, by the feel of it. The direct laser strikes on her arms and legs had struck deeper, but not deep enough to rupture internal mechanisms. Satisfied, she glanced around the room to see if anyone else needed help.

OOC: Was Thumper the last Hero to be fighting guards out there? I know Bulk and presumably Stringer were still fighting, but please help jog my memory if there were others.

• Upvote 1

GM NPC ZIB

"I didn't specifically assign anyone other than-" Zib broke off before mentioning Striker. "I don't register any deserters. What are you talking about?"

GM IC ???

The villain walked until he was out of Wolfe's and Splint's view, and then a little bit longer, cautiously listening and looking to make sure he wasn't being followed.  

OOC: Was Thumper the last Hero to be fighting guards out there? I know Bulk and presumably Stringer were still fighting, but please help jog my memory if there were others.

OOC: Abacus is still out there. (Why does everyone forget Abacus lol?)

GM NPC ZIB

Zib winced. "That sounds like a trap to me, trying to get you launch it anyway."

GM IC ???

"Mene Vantal" ran down to the bottom of the facility, making a beeline for the Underground. He began to shapeshift, turning into a smaller, brown citizen's body that had the powers of speed. He barreled down the ladder, racing down into the bomb room. 

He looked to see that two of his kryptonium blasters had been stolen. While he understood that to be a cost of doing business, he sighed, disappointed. I really don't like it when people take my stuff. 

OOC: Where's Bulk and Stringer rn? Can Abacus see them?

OOC: They're just around the hallway corner from him. I'd say yes. 

GM NPC BULK STRINGER AND BULK

Bulk and Stringer finished off the last of the robots that had been fighting them. Both looked dazed from lack of energy - both could badly use a core recharge. "We need to get some energy," Bulk surmised. 

"You okay, buddy?" Stringer said. 

"Maybe," Bulk grumbled. "I'd be much better once we get back to Hero Factory."

Edited by fishers64

GM NPC STRINGER

"Yeah, Gadget did some diagnostic on me and claimed that some of my mental code was being rewritten." Stringer found himself making an effort maintain his usual friendly tone. Argh. 

GM NPC BULK

"This weird red energy I have in my system right now...or I had...is no good." Bulk said. 

Thumper heard this exchange, and glanced worriedly over to them. She still couldn't look Bulk in the eye after her embarrassing display earlier, but... a Core corruption sounded bad. The others in the next room weren't shouting for help right now, so surely she could spare a moment to offer her idol some support?

So, when she was standing right beside the group and she heard Bulk say something about the red energy in him being "no good", she blurted out, "Uh... I... I hope it gets good again."

She took a moment to revel in how absolutely dumb she sounded before turning and making for the next room in utter embarrassment. Good moves, Thumper, she thought to herself sarcastically.

GM IC JIMMY ABACUS

Jimmy Abacus would find that Stringer's core was mostly okay, although there were traces of rogue energy. However, he had about a half-hour worth of charge in said core before he would a core transplant. Worse, the Hero's power wires were badly damaged - it was clear that they weren't supposed to take that much energy. 

He needed to get back up to the surface and out of here now

The code in Stringer's mind was partially corrupted, mostly near the morality centers. Jimmy would be able to see what had been modified, and reset it to an earlier version, hopefully undoing most of that damage. 

GM NPC BULK

Bulk would have laughed, but he was so confused and tired he didn't. He also might have said something positive about Thumper's fighting abilities - if half of his mind wasn't trying to catalog it as a threat. "Good times, good times."