• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bbc Contest #62: Final Poll!

bbc contest #62

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: BBC Contest #62 Final Poll

BBC Contest #62 Final Poll

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline Queen Grr

Queen Grr
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Riot Grrrl

• 8,921 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 01:22 AM

Final PollBBC Contest #62: Up Up and Away!Here we've come to save the day! This is the final round of official BBC Contest #62: Up Up and Away! Aw yeah.Final Voting begins November 29th and ends December 1st at 11:59 P.M. EST.The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on December 2nd.---------------------------------------------------------1. Posted Image >>> Manbat2. Posted Image >>> Catwoman3. Posted Image >>> Batman4. Posted Image >>> Mr. Freeze, Heart Of Ice5. Posted Image >>> The Batman6. Posted Image >>> The Flash

Edited by McSmeag, Nov 29 2011 - 01:22 AM.

bring back "an cool dude"

#2 Offline Eeko

Eeko
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,288 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 01:30 AM

Gotta go with #5 here.

jlovfkk.jpg

#3 Offline Steelsheen

Steelsheen
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa

• 139 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 07:16 AM

The details on #3 did it for me. Plus, he's my favorite super. ;)
Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22
My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum
Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

#4 Online Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

• 7,972 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 08:08 AM

The fifth entry, second Batman, definitely won me over.

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.

#5 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,521 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 10:07 AM

I also went with number 5, although 2 and 3 were very good entries as well.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#6 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,208 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 11:00 AM

I had to go with #5 here, but all of these MOCs had their merits. Manbat was well built, Catwoman was cool, and #3 was great (but a bit too jumbled, hence my vote didn't go there). I wasn't going to touch #4 with a ten-foot pole, due to my opinion that virtual MOCs have no place in this sort of contest, but if it was real it'd be getting my vote. Finally, #6 was interesting but it had a few design flaws in it - and it really seems kind of like a Hero Factory set.Good luck to all!

sdadcomedy.png

#7 Offline Kimera

Kimera
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,023 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 11:43 AM

Voted for Number 2. It happens.

#8 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,276 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 03:46 PM

Aw... I was really hoping my entry would make the cut. Oh well. This lineup is great, I had to go with #5, for the brilliant head.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#9 Offline ankyfdarkness

ankyfdarkness
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 954 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 05:37 PM

Manbat is just way to cool not to pick. Plus being a bit biased about how awesome Manbat is, helps. :P

silverbladebanner.jpg

#10 Offline Solomon Kane

Solomon Kane
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 08:22 PM

I went with #4--a truly amazing piece of work."That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

2014-09-19_Announcement_1.jpg

"It is told that there exists a mask that will grant its bearer unspeakable power. Made from raw magic and solid gold, it is an artifact crafted with absolute precision and timeless skill--

it is the Mask of Creation."

#11 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,203 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 08:38 PM

Darn, I didn't make it, so number 5.

eW9kyVR.png

#12 Offline DeeVee

DeeVee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Leaders
  • Senior Master Photographer

• 5,263 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 08:42 PM

There are only two MOCs in the poll that look finished. So I voted for the best of those two. I'm a little surprised people are voting for the Batman who looks like he's missing a limb.

spidermiles.jpg

#13 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,676 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 08:53 PM

Bit biased there, DeeVee?I actually liked all of them, and it was a hard toss-up between Catwoman and Second Batman, but the cape did it for me. Dark Knight it was.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#14 Offline Elzy

Elzy
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 80 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'm a little surprised people are voting for the Batman who looks like he's missing a limb.

But he doesn't look like he's missing a limb, it looks like it's just behind the cape. The issue is that it's actually missing a portion of the limb and is, evidently, doing a decent job of underplaying it.

Posted Image

#15 Offline DeeVee

DeeVee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Leaders

• 5,263 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 11:38 PM

Bit biased there, DeeVee?

Of course I am, I want the best MOC to win. I don't think it currently is. I'm not even saying mine is that one, I'm just saying a MOC that looks clearly rushed, unfinished, MISSING AN ARM, and quite messy isn't that MOC, and so I'm surprised others think it is.

Edited by DeeVee, Nov 29 2011 - 11:46 PM.

spidermiles.jpg

#16 Offline The Rockin' Makal

The Rockin' Makal
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 528 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 29 2011 - 11:56 PM

Between 2 and 5 for me, but I eventually went with #2, Catwoman, because of the glaring missing arm on Batman. :(
Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

#17 Offline 55555

• BioniLUG Member
  • Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 3,005 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 01:11 AM

Nulled. Thanks to all who voted for me!May the best MOC win.- 55555

Posted Image

#18 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,838 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 01:46 AM

I wasn't going to touch #4 with a ten-foot pole, due to my opinion that virtual MOCs have no place in this sort of contest, but if it was real it'd be getting my vote.

I'd be okay with LDD made things if extended mode was banned; granted, the added difficulty of working with LDD should allow for some compensation, but when you can have color schemes match perfectly without having to try, that's what kinda bothers me.

Bit biased there, DeeVee?

Of course I am, I want the best MOC to win. I don't think it currently is. I'm not even saying mine is that one, I'm just saying a MOC that looks clearly rushed, unfinished, MISSING AN ARM, and quite messy isn't that MOC, and so I'm surprised others think it is.

Chill, broski. Aesthetics isn't all that matters. Granted, the missing arm is probably its biggest fault; even so, the MoC has a lot of cool designs and styles, and executes them pretty well. It's not perfect, but nothing is, and I quite like some of the things the MoC has done. Winning isn't everything.That said, I did vote for number five. A bit rough around the edges, and missing an arm (which probably could have been covered up, even, but ah well =P) but it has some really innovative designs. Manbat would totally have had my vote otherwise; very well built, has a lot of personality to it.

Edited by Dorek, Nov 30 2011 - 01:47 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,208 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 03:46 PM

I wasn't going to touch #4 with a ten-foot pole, due to my opinion that virtual MOCs have no place in this sort of contest, but if it was real it'd be getting my vote.

I'd be okay with LDD made things if extended mode was banned; granted, the added difficulty of working with LDD should allow for some compensation, but when you can have color schemes match perfectly without having to try, that's what kinda bothers me.

But yeah, even then, you've got the issue of having as many parts as you want. It's still unhindered by the limitations of one's collection. They're BBC contests, not LDD contests.Just a little more of my $0.02.

sdadcomedy.png

#20 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 05:00 PM

Number 6

#21 Offline DeeVee

DeeVee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Leaders

• 5,263 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 05:00 PM

That said, I did vote for number five. A bit rough around the edges, and missing an arm (which probably could have been covered up, even, but ah well =P) but it has some really innovative designs. Manbat would totally have had my vote otherwise; very well built, has a lot of personality to it.

Innovation is all fine and dandy, but when it is innovative but looks unfinished, and isn't pulled off well, it's not worth anything. Batman number two is lazily and haphazardly thrown together, and it shows to anyone who clicks the thumbnail. It's not even the best Batman in the poll. And the only remotely innovative design is the batsymbol, and even that looks cluttered and messy. I would honestly rank it as the fourth-best MOC in the poll. And only because I don't believe things built with LDD count. If they did, it'd be fifth. I think voting for a MOC that is so unfinished sets a terrible precendent for future contests.

spidermiles.jpg

#22 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 05:07 PM

I voted for 5. I actually think it looks cool.

#23 Offline Brickeens

Brickeens
  • Premier Member
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 5,998 posts

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 05:14 PM

55555's Batman is a promising WIP, but the really unfinished arms damage its looks a lot. Manbat and Mr Freeze were also cool, but Catwoman looks a lot better than both. So yeah, I voted #2.

Posted Image

#24 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,387 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 05:49 PM

I voted for the Batman that wasn't missing an arm.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#25 Offline Shine

Shine
  • Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 3,458 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 06:19 PM

Voted for #4.

despite that he saw blatant similarity
he struggled to find distinctive moiety
all he found was vulgar superficiality
but he focused it to sharpness
and shared it with the others
it signified his anger and his misery

them and us

#26 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,615 posts

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 08:30 PM

I chose The Flash. I'm sorry, but in a world full of Batman MOCs, I'll take the original over the established.

MinewellSig.jpg

#27 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 08:32 PM

I'm a little surprised people are voting for the Batman who looks like he's missing a limb.

I'ma have to agree here; the arm's not "hidden behind the cape", its clearly just not there.As for me, I liked the first Batman because from what it looks it seems to be emulating Frank Millar's Batman from "The Dark Knight Returns". But I eventually went with ManBat; the accuracy is top-notch, and the colors and build are very well done as well.This contest as a whole has interested me very much, being the comic book obsessed geek that I am. Of course, I sort of viewed this a bit differently than others and based my votes on accuracy more than build. Still, I'm very disappointed that a certain Harley Quinn MOC was disqualified; it was much better than any of the ones depicted here in my opinion.EDIT: Also I have to give credit the ingenuity of whoever made the semi-final polls for naming them "Superman Blue" and "Superman Red". Could have been lazy and just gone with "Flash and Professor Zoom" or "Captain Marvel and Black Adam" or even a "Plastic Man and Elongated Man", but choosing those two was pure gold.

Edited by Kahi, Nov 30 2011 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Offline Phyoohrii

Phyoohrii
  • Premier Member
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,453 posts

Posted Nov 30 2011 - 09:25 PM

Heh, BBC Contests sure have changed since I last looked. I actually like the simplicity and fluidity of the Flash, so I'll go with that one. Good luck to the finalists!Posted Image

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

#29 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts

Posted Dec 01 2011 - 12:02 AM

Some good finalists. It took a moment to decide... but it came down to Catwoman and Flash. Went with Catwoman.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#30 Offline Cirkit8

Cirkit8
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 47 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2011 - 04:44 PM

I was stuck between the two Batmans and the Cat. They were all very nicely built in their own ways, and it was hard for me to pick just one. I went with Catwoman in the end. Best of luck to the finalists!

#31 Offline Thunder on the Mountain

Thunder on the Mountain
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 357 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 01 2011 - 05:14 PM

Alright, so I'll just put my two cents here. The Catwoman wasn't bad, but I'm afraid there just wasn't enough there that distinguished it as cat woman for me. If I hadn't known from the start that it was Catwoman, that's the only entry I can really say would be a bit of a guess. *Shrug* #3, the first Batman, also wasn't bad at all. I think it lost in the Batman department though, because overall there was a little too much silver. It was a very impressive model, but I'm afraid I wound up having to compare it to the other Batman, and I felt it just wasn't as good. Mr. Freeze was impressive, but it was a virtual MOC, so I'm afraid not. :/ The Flash was a nice, sleek model for sure, but I think my first reaction would be 'hey, cool Hero Factory set' than 'hey, it's the Flash!' I would've made the connection sooner or later, but alas, something about it just didn't click for me. It almost seemed a bit...boring. Well made and sleek, but boring.So that left Man-Bat and 55555's Batman. I really liked the Man-Bat, I thought it was a really well made, creative MOC. But I'm afraid Batman took the prize here. There may be a little Batman bias here (Cause who doesn't love Batman? :P) but it was just so well made. You instantly get the 90s Batman show vibe from it, which is always a plus for me, plus an innovative way of making the head, bat symbol, limbs, gah, even the missing arm couldn't really detract from how darn cool I thought it was. Kudos to 55555. Well done all!

Posted Image

#32 Offline Tufi Piyufi

Tufi Piyufi
  • Forum Administrators
  • Forgetful Monarch

• 10,422 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 02 2011 - 12:06 AM

Alright, folks, that's it for another contest. We'll see you all back in BBC later on for the results topic. Until then...Topic closed.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users