Bionicle: The Journey to One casting predictions and hopes

Gilbert Gottfried as everyone

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Jorge W. Bush for Tahu and Edward Snowden as Onua. And Anita Sarkisian should be Gali.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Nolan North as Pohatu

Liam Neeson as Kopaka

Laura Bailey or Tara Strong as Gali

David Tennant or Christopher Eccleston as Tahu (Because)

Morgan Freeman as Onua/Narrator

Richard Steven Horvitz as Lewa

Greg and Faber cameo appearances as villagers.

• Upvote 2

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Mark Gatha quit voice acting a while ago to be a surgeon, but if that man and his iconic voice were still viable for such a thing as this, who do you think he would fit?

If he got really gruff, I could see him being a very young Toa of fire, maybe...

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

The voice actors in Mask of Light voiced the Toa Nuva very well, so I would go with these suggestions:

1. Clancy Brown, Richard Armitage or Hugh Jackman as Tahu

2. Angeline Jolie, Scarlett Johansson, Lilly Evangeline, or Grey DeLisle as Gali

3. Tom Kenny or Jackie Chan as Lewa

4. Troy Baker, Steven Blum, or Jeremy Renner as Kopaka

5. Micheal Keaton, Christian Bale, Kevin Convoy, Troy Baker, or Will Arnett as Pohatu

6. Fred Tatasciore, Mark Ruffalo, or Vin Diesel as Onua

7. Corey Burton as Ekimu

8. Kevin Micheal Richardson as Makuta

Anyway, I would like the show to be 3D-animated, have great character development, and a not-rushed story. Make it be like Bionicle G1 or Transformers: Prime, but simple and a bit kid-friendly.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The voice actors in Mask of Light voiced the Toa Nuva very well, so I would go with these suggestions:

2. Angeline Jolie, Scarlett Johansson, Lilly Evangeline, or Grey DeLisle as Gali

5. Micheal Keaton, Christian Bale, Kevin Convoy, Troy Baker, or Will Arnett as Pohatu

7. Corey Burton as Ekimu

Anyway, I would like the show to be 3D-animated, have great character development, and a not-rushed story. Make it be like Bionicle G1 or Transformers: Prime, but simple and a bit kid-friendly.

A number of those seem to be big time actors. If you look at the casting for Netflix's children's shows they don't seem to have many big time actors and seem to go for people who mainly work in the voice acting industry (some of the actors don't even have wikipedia pages). So I would say a lot of those don't have much of a chance. 

It's time to move on.

Jorge W. Bush for Tahu and Edward Snowden as Onua. And Anita Sarkisian should be Gali.

Topic destruction in 3... 2...
why?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

7. Corey Burton as Ekimu

A number of those seem to be big time actors. If you look at the casting for Netflix's children's shows they don't seem to have many big time actors and seem to go for people who mainly work in the voice acting industry (some of the actors don't even have wikipedia pages). So I would say a lot of those don't have much of a chance.

Well, I never experienced Netflix before, so I made these suggestions. They are great actors, so I thought they would fit the characters well. Do you mean new people, like the ones in Hero Factory's Invasion From Below episode, or the famous ones, like in Bionicle: The Legend Reborn and the Hero Factory TV show, that usually voice in children's shows?

If new people, I hope they would do well.

If people that I listed above, that would be great.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

7. Corey Burton as Ekimu

Fred Tatasciore? Steve Blum? Might as well bring in Nolan North and...whoever voices Takeo so we have the complete CoD Zombies voice cast, lol. Jeremy Renner as Kopaka is an interesting choice...

7. Corey Burton as Ekimu

Well, I never experienced Netflix before, so I made these suggestions. They are great actors, so I thought they would fit the characters well. Do you mean new people, like the ones in Hero Factory's Invasion From Below episode, or the famous ones, like in Bionicle: The Legend Reborn and the Hero Factory TV show, that usually voice in children's shows?

If new people, I hope they would do well.

If people that I listed above, that would be great.

As in people who have worked on children's TV shows before but are not really that famous (at least compared to people like David Tennant). 

It's time to move on.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be legitimately considered offensive if they resorted to crude stereotypes, like certain characters in the second Transformers film. But I actually think that it's important for kids to see heroic and likeable characters with a variety of accents. If all heroes sound posh English or American, and regional accents like, for example, Cockney English are reserved for dim-witted, villainous types, or the only time kids hear a German accent is coming out of a demented cartoon scientist, then they're gonna grow up with either a whole lot of racial, cultural and linguistic prejudices, or worse, they're going to be perpetually ashamed of the way that they themselves talk.

I like Scottish (particularly a lovely gentle variety like Tennant's) for Lewa because of the lilting musicality of the accent- I think it's quite fitting for a Toa of air- it conveys a nice sensitivity, but is also great for delivering humor and sarcasm (and, as pointed out by the Twelfth Doctor, complaints!).

I used to think of RP English for Gali, but after watching SU, I actually think Estelle would do an amazing job as her. I still think of Kopaka as speaking RP, because, I mean, well you just try rereading The Powers That be and try not to hear Benedict Bloomin' Cumberbatch every time he opens his mouth.

And I do approve of Australian Pohatu, even if the accent's a bit rubbish in the webisodes, because I always thought of good ol' G1 Pohatu as basically a biomechanical Hugh Jackman. Even though they changed his personality a lot for the reboot, it's nice to see that headcanon at least partially realised.

• Upvote 2

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

If we're gonna have unique accents for each of the toa then here are my proposals.

Tahu: Should probably remain American 

Gali: For some reason I think French could work for her

Lewa: As said before Scottish

Pohatu: Australian (which is already canon)

Onua: I think Russian would be an interesting idea

Kopaka: English (which is also canon)

And as an extra I think Ekimu ought to have an Italian accent. 

I doubt netflix would really be interested in having diverse accents but it would be cool if they did. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Everyone = Nigel Thornberry. With puns.

Onua: "Good Gali, she's got a cranial arachnid upon her faux-face! Gnyaaaaarrrgh-qhlarlalarl" knocks it off with tool/weapon, "SHMASHING!"

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Topic destruction in 3... 2...
why?

He brought up politics. Still surprised there wasn't a flame war. 

The individual averted mutual destruction by comically misspelling 'George' with a Castillian variant. :lol:

Whoever gets offended over accents is clearly an SJW want to start an argument.

...SJW? I say it stands for Sickly Jersey-Wearer. Who is with me!?

And for that matter how should Makuta be portrayed this time. I don't think he should have the deep monster sounding voice he did in MOL as he's not half as big and bulky as he was back then. 

Even then I thought the deep voice was weird to have all the time. That should have only been for when he is angry, so he sounds like a terrible beast. Instead he should have normally talked like a creepy whisper in the wind and kind of gritty.

Edited by Sir Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light