MOC Peeves

Kaburimasu 米

don't lie .

I know you have at least one . With all do respect to one's creation(s) and jealousy aside , I always get irritated by something when I see a Bionicle MOC , especially those DeviantArt beauts . While I take several hours to prepare my list , I want to know what MOC peeves some of you may have .

(try not to call anyone out , will yuh ? that would be mean)

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

okay I made my list :

- over-usage of "pure LEGO bricks" . Like , do you even Bionicle , bro

- LEGO studs in the chest

- anything Roodaka related

- over-usage of CCBS (if it tends to look childish)

- the usage of every piece of armor in ones collection

- sassy posses (hands on hips while looking up)

- matatu's being used as armor (disgrace)

- retina blinding color schemes

Recently, I've found that I don't like it when a MoC is composed of every single piece in the same color. 

- and that ^

i forgot the rest .

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

did someone give me chance to rag on NUVA-SHOULDER-ARMOUR-BOOBS?

no? oh well.

(also in a similar vein there's a thigh design goin round to accessorize the nuva-chests, but i've ragged on that enough in the past...)

omg I totally forgot about that

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

no? oh well.

(also in a similar vein there's a thigh design goin round to accessorize the nuva-chests, but i've ragged on that enough in the past...)

Dont forget Roodaka, she used rahkshi heads on her chest in a very *ehemm* feminine way

I will forgive Roodaka's massive pectorals before i forgive her high-heel feet and sculpted buttocks. :T

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

• Exaggerated chest and rear on female MOCs, especially to the point of ridiculousness
  • Itty bitty waist on female MOCs, especially in combination with the above
  • Basically, any kind of female MOC that's trying to make it fit some conventional beauty standard, especially in excess
  • Dinosaur MOCs that ignore several basic rules of dinosaur anatomy, such as wrist position
  • Scattered, chaotic color schemes. Not necessarily all color schemes with lots of colors, but definitely those with no cohesion
  • Huge, messy blocks of chaotic builds that focus more on complexity than visual appeal

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of, but that's a good rundown of things that immediately turn me off from an MOC.

• Upvote 7

In addition to a lot of the things others have mentioned—sloppy color organization, overly sexualized MOCs (especially when they're done BADLY), and cluttered textures—I can't help but be a little peeved when I see MOCs that would clearly fall apart if you looked at them wrong. You know the type—the ones that rely heavily on illegal or otherwise fragile connections to even support their own weight. Having gone to a fair number of conventions, I've seen my fair share of MOCs that I'm afraid to even go near lest they collapse into a hundred tiny little pieces.

• Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

My biggest pet peeve right now is pretty common on MOCpages right now; highly edited homepage photos. They are everywhere! They completely change the color of the MOC digitally, often to dark shades of Black, adds some cheesy digital effects, add some ridiculous title kind of like this: "KUMATU THE MURDERER!" Then to top it off, when I open the page to look at it, I see all the other pictures are extremely blurry, colors don't match, and the build looks similar to the dorky model I built for a Christmas BBC contest back in 2006 when I was 12 years old... 

Another pet peeve is when I see people write about their character, but they just can't get the spelling right, it sounds like this: "Kumatu wass a Mattorun wo beccome a Tooa wo ten beccim a Ragahh becus Rudaka hit Kumatu wit her spiner. Ten Kumatu gett betterr and gos and kils Rudaka and kils Makuta, and kils Darth Maul, and Megatroon. Kumatu kils everrybudy. HE HAS bIG SWoRd" 

I know I should have more mercy on these guys, since most of them are KFOL's new to posting online and I don't want to discourage any kids from playing with Lego... But at the same time I wonder, "Did your school ever teach you about spell check?" Yeah...

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 5

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• Huge, messy blocks of chaotic builds that focus more on complexity than visual appeal

Yas Yes Yis Yos and Yus

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

I know people aren't necessarily wrong for doing this and it's just my personal taste, but it bothers me a bit when people write an extremely elaborate block-of-text backstory for their MOC. Even more so when the backstory is extremely dark and gritty. I prefer a MOC that can mostly tell its own story through its design, not one that needs an entire fanfic just to give you enough context to understand it.

I'd much rather read. "<insert name here> is a stern and sarcastic Toa of Iron who carries an Iron Mace and a disk cannon and wears a Mask of Hardening" than read a lengthy story about how <insert name here> betrayed their entire team, was exiled from their home island, lost both legs, was mutated in a freak lab accident, and now hunts Matoran and sells their parts to the Brotherhood of Makuta in exchange for new weapons.

• Upvote 5

I'd much rather read. "<insert name here> is a stern and sarcastic Toa of Iron who carries an Iron Mace and a disk cannon and wears a Mask of Hardening" than read a lengthy story about how <insert name here> betrayed their entire team, was exiled from their home island, lost both legs, was mutated in a freak lab accident, and now hunts Matoran and sells their parts to the Brotherhood of Makuta in exchange for new weapons.

That sounds super edgy, why didn't that appear in one of Greg's serials?

Anyway, I dislike it when people fail to recognize a different tone of silver and just mix it in with their creations, it just looks out of pale and draws attention to the wrong spots. I'm not calling out Logan or saying his MOCs suck, since they are built with creative techniques, but I was put off by his Sea Siren's spear since it had a shade of silver that was too light compared to the darker silver metallic.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

no? oh well.

Dont forget Roodaka, she used rahkshi heads on her chest in a very *ehemm* feminine way

I will forgive Roodaka's massive pectorals before i forgive her high-heel feet and sculpted buttocks. :T

You don't like her feet? That's one of the reasons I like the set (that and the thigh design), although I never thought of them as high-heels.

Speaking of feet, I dislike it when people add stuff to the back of the 3-toed Piraka foot, because it makes look like the toes sprout from under that big bulge. (see Shadowgear's Shadow for an example)

You don't like her feet? That's one of the reasons I like the set (that and the thigh design), although I never thought of them as high-heels.

I don't hate her feet per se, but i do hate the "femininity" she harkened in, notably there are many examples that i'm preeeeeeeeetty sure i can't mention here that follow in her obviously high-heeled footsteps. :t

A follow-up to this:

People who make themselves excessively muscular and/or enarmored in copious amounts of spikes.

I also don't like seeing excessively tall MOCs.

Especially when their height is a factor used in judging contests. Not gonna call out any specifics, but there was a contest not too long ago that pretty much chose the winners based off who could make the biggest, tallest, edgiest, most expensive, and most disgustingly complicated MOC in existence. 

Now that...that really shook me up. My jimmies are still rustled to this day. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I don't like seeing toa mata revamps, which tend to use truckloads of small technic and system pieces to replicate the original set. What's more annoying is how in almost every picture of mata revamps, the head is angled downwards as if it can't look up.

I came into this topic with this exact thought in mind. I wondered how many posts it would be until this was brought up; the replies did not disappoint.

Of course, let's extend this to disproportionate and awful breasts in general. There's an alarming amount even beyond the dreaded Nuva shoulders, with a wide range of terrifyingly unsuitable round pieces, and they're all bad.

~B~

• Upvote 4

I came into this topic with this exact thought in mind. I wondered how many posts it would be until this was brought up; the replies did not disappoint.

Of course, let's extend this to disproportionate and awful breasts in general. There's an alarming amount even beyond the dreaded Nuva shoulders, with a wide range of terrifyingly unsuitable round pieces, and they're all bad.

~B~

What's even worse are the comments that people leave about those types of MOCs. There are some very disturbed, weird, and sick people in this fandom.  

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

I don't hate her feet per se, but i do hate the "femininity" she harkened in, notably there are many examples that i'm preeeeeeeeetty sure i can't mention here that follow in her obviously high-heeled footsteps. :t

I do hate her feet! She's a perfect example of why later titans needed pistons for added support. Roodaka's feet were supporting a lot of weight and lost friction VERY easily. They may have looked passable, but they were not a good design as far as stability was concerned.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I do hate her feet! She's a perfect example of why later titans needed pistons for added support. Roodaka's feet were supporting a lot of weight and lost friction VERY easily. They may have looked passable, but they were not a good design as far as stability was concerned.

oh, yeah true, that too. besides being there for "the femme fatale~" her tiny tiny girlie-feet were tryign to hold up a LOT of topheavy Titan bulk. o:

(still, the design is p well made, but, still...)

I don't like it when complexity is valued over looks in a MOC. Not saying that when someone is going for a complex build is bad, but needless complexity just doesn't sit well with me.

Yes! Someone who understands my viewpoint! Oh... thank you! I am no longer alone in thinking this way!

One peeve I have found is the use of different shades of one color on a MOC, such as Bright Red and Dark Red. Most of the time, these colors don't really work well with each other, and if you think they do at first, then get a few photos of a MOC using this type of color scheme. When this happens, the colors become two eyesores competing with each other for attention.

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif