The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

Yeah, nobody else seem to have found any problems and everybody looks like they want to play.

I'd say it is time to send it to the approval topic.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Well then.

My revenge shall be swift. And born of certain essential saltes.

I don't say it enough, but I love you. (I saw your PM. Going over it when I get home.)

Also going up when I get home: this game, in the approval request topic. Yeee.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I don't say it enough, but I love you. (I saw your PM. Going over it when I get home.)

Also going up when I get home: this game, in the approval request topic. Yeee.

-Tyler

Aw, thanks.

Gonna be nice to RP with you fellows again.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

A Marvel RPG? Well, this could be fun. I once created a superhero persona for myself who had the powers of fire and heat manipulation and telekenisis. I think both those powers together would be OP, so I'd probably need to use one or the other. Can telekenisis even be used without being OP? If so, how?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

"Small couch" or "average chair" is entirely too vague to be useful. If you need a set-in-stone limit, an absolute numerical limit on the amount of force that can be exerted at one time would be the smarter way to go.

EDIT: By this I mean a limit expressed in real-world units, like, say, one thousand Newtons.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

What size or weight should be the limit? A small couch or an average chair maybe?

I'd say that once you get to larger objects like small trucks and the like a telekinetic would start to feel the strain, anything bigger would be like a workout. An entire house would obviously be too much.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Setting the limit in pounds is technically okay only if the character is only going to be using their powers to lift things at a pre-set speed. When gravity isn't the only force you are attempting to counteract, things get a bit trickier for that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I'm not a physics professor, so this is where I'll need some help.I get the whole "no expy" thing, but is it okay to be inspired by the concept of a character, or borrow a few traits? Oh, and I'm assuming the limit on healing factors does not apply to Deadpool. =P

Edited by JiMing

Well, for an RPG like this, you probably don't want to go too far into the science of it, but suffice it to say that the same amount of force can do different things when applied in different ways - lifting an object, throwing that same object, applying tension to a rope, messing with springs, etc.

EDIT: Also, I've never really seen telekinesis as being particularly overpowered. While a useful skill, if reaction times are not heavily augmented as well, an ordinary man with a gun could still easily defeat a telekinetic - and even without a gun, a clever non-powered combatant could make things hard for a telekinetic.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, I'm not a physics professor, so this is where I'll need some help.I get the whole "no expy" thing, but is it okay to be inspired by the concept of a character, or borrow a few traits? Oh, and I'm assuming the limit on healing factors does not apply to Deadpool. =P

Dead pool is dead. And staying that way.Not dealing with that again.Borrowing traits is fine, as is inspiration, but that should be the end of it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Dead pool is dead. And staying that way.

And suddenly I feel a great rush of optimism.

Edited by Ymper Trymon

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Makes sense to ax Deadpool, he would totally break the feeling of a serious RPG. That was more sarcasm than anything. Oh but wait, what about Squirrel Girl?!

Well, the whole reason I asked that was because after playing a few Mega Man games, I've been fascinated by the concept of making robots more "human". What will be the state of Sentinels in the RPG? I've been thinking maybe a prototype model able to mimic human emotions more closely, and with a human appearance and height as well. Of course, he wouldn't be able to write philosophical poems on the nature of human beings anytime soon, but impressive compared to other Sentinels.

Okay, what sort of units would I have to use to list all those?

Edited by JiMing

Ninety nine five percent of all super powered individuals are dead, and the ones that did live are the ones that didn't clash with the Phoenix Force. Sentinels are almost entirely decommissioned, JiMing, for many, many reasons. Including the fact that they were hacked twice, the second time altering their programming to sic them on DC.EDIT: Note, a robotic character would be considered anyway, but the Sentinels are basically gone.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Let me put it this way, the Outer Gods are bad bad bad news.

Unleashing one of them on Earth to combat the Phoenix Force couldn't make things worse.

The Phoenix Force is downright horrible news.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I didn't play the last RPG, so i wouldn't have known. I was thinking of such a character being sealed away, never being activated, and then awakening..... Somehow. I was just throwing ideas out there.Okay, since the RPG seems normal-centric, I'll rethink some things.

Edited by JiMing

Zyke if you brought Julia back there would be a squeal of joy heard round the world.@JiMing: Oh, I didn't expect you to know. I was just explaining the reason behind why, instead of just blanket statements.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Let me put it this way, the Outer Gods are bad bad bad news.

Unleashing one of them on Earth to combat the Phoenix Force couldn't make things worse.

The Phoenix Force is downright horrible news.

A man literally killed his own son to stop its return last arc. It's rough stuff.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

If it ever manifested at full power, any and all measures would be acceptable to stop it.

In short:

CODE: RAGNAROK
OPERATIONS BUDGET: UNLIMITED
PERMISSIBLE WEAPONS: UNLIMITED
PERMISSIBLE CASUALTIES:
LOCAL INHABITANTS: 100%
ASSOCIATE PERSONNEL: 100%
ENLIGHTENED OPERATIVES: 100%
— Time of Thin Blood, the Technocracy's "Code Ragnarok"

So... Will there be any limit of sorts on super powered characters? Just wondering, I wouldn't plan on making a ton of superpowered characters anyways.

Okay, how about my robotic character was for some reason, sealed away and never activated. When people come across it, they accidentally activate it and it escapes into the world.

Well... I'm not sure how the last two characters would work in combat, besides confusing their opponents. Not unless they were very very creative with their powers...

I'll work on a draft for my concept of a robotic character, and see how that goes.

There are ways to make control of milk products insanely deadly.

Never, ever underestimate abnormal power sets. Super strength...you basically know what you're dealing with, what this fellow is gonna try.

Someone with control of cheeseburgers? Yeah. Good luck figuring that out.

Edited by Basilisk

Also, a nugget of advice while we're waiting on further approval: if you didn't have a character with the Brotherhood of Mutants last game because of their rep, do so this game. I've never been so excited for a faction as I am for their new iteration and something I haven't seen tried before, and Dominik's influence over world events and integration of real-world crowdsourcing techniques is something I'm anxious to try out in an RPG setting.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Oh, it is gonna be great.

We've got the Brotherhood wising up, going increasingly leftist in a country that could be described as abnormally conservative at best, about four different conspiracies about to clash in the halls of power, SHIELD reactivating a super soldier program as all of this brews on the horizen, HYDRA plotting in the shadows and considering their "we're back" announcement consisted of an invasion of American soil, something that hasn't happened about two centuries now....

The chaos will be glorious.

Edited by Basilisk

Indeed. Getting my character profiles together as we speak. Tenative list...well, some people will be coming back, some won't, with a few new faces.

Staffers can expect PMs. :)