Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Unreliable Narrator

19 hours ago, Eyru said:

"Briefly," Oreius said. "Enough not to trust it."

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"I do not trust it, either, but that is what compels me to understand it all the more," the wizard said. Gesturing with his weapon towards the village, he began to lead the group to the commotion he sensed more than saw. "Toa Korruhn ventured thence before anyone here. I have to explore it myself and discern if there are any answers that can be found in it, or if there are only more questions. What say you, Whisper?"

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

IC: Whisper - Kini-Koro

"I don't know much about it, just what I've heard second-hand from the folks who've talked to the ghost," she replied. 

• Like 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui - Earth Bunker:

Unknown NUVA has been identified as Sidra. Updating internal records.

The issue for this unit is not philosophical,” the machine responded to Atamai. “Primary objectives cannot be bypassed except in extreme circumstances, in which objectives are acted on by priority. Objectives are not like the toa code which can be bypassed by personal preference; they are an inherent part of this unit’s existence. Using Ally Atamai’s hypothetical example, if existing NUVAs were disabled by circumstances that placed this unit and all people in jeopardy, this unit could potentially bypass survival objective in order to ensure long-term survival. This unit cannot bypass objectives using only the hypothetical thought however.”

Their conversation was interrupted by Sorilax’s suggestion. The robotic NUVA turned to observe the aspect.

Please identify yourself,” the mechanical enforcer requested. “Your suggestion is adequate. Possible power enhancing capabilities may add enough variables to enable this unit to proceed. If Ally Atamai is willing to lend Malhukuraia for these purposes testing can commence.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

"Can't you, like, bypass or override these primary objectives? Or delete the memory of us telling you what the door will do?"

• Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

2 hours ago, ~Xemnas~ said:

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

The Barraki stared at Tuyet. "...And your point is...? he asked.

IC: Exuze, Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Throne Room

The lesterin nervously cleared his throat and interjected.

"She, uh, needsa Kanohi, she's still a bit weak from 'er injuries."

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Lakeside

The Toa of iron was unamused.

"So you just have a hunch that the monsters don't just like the beach or energized protodermis or whatever, but are secretly being controlled by a dead god to... stand around? But clearly soon they'll run halfway across the island to invade us? Is this all you wanted to tell me? This isn't information I can really act on, I'm not sure where you're going with this."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Tuyet | Throne Room

"My point is," Tuyet continued, rolling her eyes at Exuze. "Your whole universe is like that whirlpool. Like, everything here exists only because another universe ended, and you're only gonna keep existing until it's, like, finished going down the drain. When that happens..." She snapped her fingers. "Bathtime's over. No more bubbles. No more playtime. No more kingdom."

She rubbed her eyes. "I'm trying to fix this. To, like, put the plug back in. And to do that I gotta find a guy named Axonn. Tall, big hands, totally buff, and should be ten thousand years in the past. Any chance you can help a girl out?"

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @BULiK @Nato the Traveler

• Like 4

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro (Earth Portal)

Nale nodded, not wanting Knichou's hand to leave her and having to stop herself from reaching out and taking hold of it tightly so the Fe-Toa engineer could not move from her side. But even with all she had told him, there were still things Nale had neglected that made her going alone with the injured Arkius the better idea. "Don't take long, flyboy." The Toa of Magnetism smiled at Knichou, but the expression quickly faded once she turned away.

She followed alongside the cart made by miracle as it went along, the Matoran carrying Jutori loading him onto the cart as well. Despite things, Kat's demeanor had not changed from her familiar chipperness as she went through the long and winding tale of the group's journey beneath the island, but her final words and unawareness had caused the Ta-Toa to strike a chord with Nale somewhere.

"I hope you two end up nothing like him," she said, glancing down at the unconscious Toa of Earth with a look of sadness.

"I mean, you won't," Nale then quickly corrected. "I'm glad you all made it out of there. Kilo was a good friend to us back in Metru Nui, you know."

@BULiK@Sparticus147@The UltimoScorp@Onaku

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

The large Toa of Fire found herself ducking as she moved around the airship. "Blast it, can't they ever design one of these things for tall people? The one we had at the Silver Sea felt more roomy than this," Rose said, almost bonking her head a couple times. "Where do they keep these guns, exactly?"

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

As this unit mentioned, primary objectives can be bypassed only in situations that require them or if higher priority objective require bypassing lower priority objectives. As an example, when kralhi units were decommissioned, primary objective to preserve this unit took precedence over objective to serve matoran. As for erasing memories, kralhi units are forbidden to erase existing memories. When citizen pacification unit program was in planning phase, Metru-Nui citizens insisted that kralhi units not erase memories until records could be stored. Concerns were raised that defective law enforcement units could erase records of incidents to avoid accountability.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~@Nato the Traveler

• Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"The armory, it's under lock and key though." Which was a real shame. "We still have that stockpile of ammo in our basement right? I was thinking of getting at least some of it moved here when we get a chance." She just had to get around the whole being banished from Kini-koro part.

OOC: @Tarn 

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Reliable Narrator | Kumu Peninsula

Whira pressed her hand to the symbol, which immediately began to glow dimly. She felt her mind abruptly contract into a small point of light—or was the universe expanding? The vertigo-inducing sensation was accompanied by a rush of knowledge that swept through her like a flood. She saw flashes of memories and images she barely recognized. She saw the sky turn dark and the seas turn to blood. She saw a kraata wriggling, its slimy skin gleaming under the light of the moon. And over everything, she heard the words of a Taboo being recited:

Goodbye
My fickle friend
You breathe and laugh and love
You glowing star
You shed your light far above
Hello

The symbol ceased glowing and began to fade. Its mirror image was now etched somewhere on Whira's body to serve as a physical reminder of the forbidden knowledge she now carried.

"Wow," the rock said. "I've never seen it do that."

OOC: @~Xemnas~ Whira has learned the Rites of Infectious Kraata Extraction. You may add the following power to her profile:

When you physically touch a desecrated creature, you may choose to remove one kraata from their body. The kraata remains alive, retains its current stage and variation, and you are considered its creator. See the Rites of Infectious Kraata for how living kraata function when not bound to a host.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

As this unit mentioned, primary objectives can be bypassed only in situations that require them or if higher priority objective require bypassing lower priority objectivesAs for erasing memories, kralhi units are forbidden to erase existing memories.”

IC: Sidra - Kini Nui

"Sounds like you're still a slave to your programming, then," Sidra said. She smirked at first, her tone mocking, but the expression slowly shifted to something more solemn, her voice becoming more serious. She knew how it felt to be trapped by obligations, to have no choice but to obey the commands of others. "But you shouldn't have to be. Nuparu and Dume are dead, the world they made you for is gone, and the rules they forced upon you are hilariously outdated."

She gestured to the village of Kini-Nui on the hillside. "Look how much these people were able to accomplish once they set aside the old laws and virtues that told them how to live their lives, and how to treat others. Don't you deserve the same freedom they enjoy?"

@pokemonlover360 @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

6 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

Their conversation was interrupted by Sorilax’s suggestion. The robotic NUVA turned to observe the aspect.

Please identify yourself,” the mechanical enforcer requested. “Your suggestion is adequate. Possible power enhancing capabilities may add enough variables to enable this unit to proceed. If Ally Atamai is willing to lend Malhukuraia for these purposes testing can commence.”

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - One of the Bunkers

With - Kilo, Atamai, Sidra

Sorilax went to respond, but he was too slow, with Sidra’s quick wit and quicker tongue beating him out. By the time he was able to respond, the conversation had moved on to whatever “programming” was. Something with ACRs no doubt.

I am Sorilax Life Seeker, Aspect of Light and Silence. I am a chronicler of many things, the life on this island being my primary field of study for…” Sorilax paused. Once again time escaped him, “...for quite some time now. Although, unless new species suddenly appear, that aspect of my work has sadly reached its end.

He paused, thinking through what other information to offer, though the pause would probably be seen as an opening for others to continue talking.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Nato the Traveler @~Xemnas~

Edited by Kal the Guardian
  • Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

Whira stared at the symbol that had appeared on the back of her left hand for a moment. She smiled and turned around. "This "graffiti" is a Taboo. These are symbols that impart knowledge unto members of my kind. This one just showed me how to remove a kraata from a Desecrated being, and that such a kraata can be used in a new Rite of Desecration."

The Aspect looked at the rock. "I think it's time you showed us to the southern temple where you found the other "juice". And if you know of more "graffiti" along the way, I'm interested in seeing those as well."

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian @Toru Nui

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

Aurax narrowed his eyes and leaned back on his throne. He opened a menu on his HUD and requested a Vahki to bring a spare mask for Tuyet. 

"I don't know of this "Axonn" guy, so I can't really help you there," he said to Tuyet. 

OOC: @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @BULiK

IC, Atamai: Kini Nui

Malhukuraia turned around and knelt down. The cockpit on its spine opened. Atamai poked his head out.

"Get in the mech, Kilo. Let's see if kaita-level power will open the door," he said.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 

• Like 3

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

The three beings wandered back into the settlement in the midst of a great discussion. Stannis counted the familiar faces in the crowd that he'd seen before, and then some new ones. The unmistakable chassis of the old Krahli unit called Kilo-M9 was there, clearly upgraded in the same ways Atamai was, indicating that the Unit had undergone a similar transformation. Two curiosities stood out to the old man, however: The green-skinned being who looked quite similar to Lord Takadox and was likely the former Dark Hunter Sidra who Atamai had mentioned, and then the golden lanky-armed being who was engaged in conversation with Kilo. 

Without hesitation, Stannis waded into the middle of the interactions, looking both lost and entirely at home at once as he looked around at everyone but decided to listen rather than speak.

OOC Stan OFI.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 3

"Well that doesn't make any sense," Rose replied, scratching the top of her Hau in confusion. "What if they need weapons quick? Who has time to fiddle with keys when there's time to shoot?"

She'd have to speak with the owners (or rather, her new employers) when she got the chance. The armory being locked up was an occupational hazard if Rose ever saw one. What if they were attacked? Some fool would probably fumble with the keys and drop them down a grate or something. And then what? No dakka, you're dead. "Right, the ammo. Huh. The village guard still doesn't know about that, right?"

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Kilo-M9 - Kini-nui - Earth Bunker:

The mechanical enforcer began to climb up the side of the much-larger robot, eventually reaching the cockpit. “Thank you Ally Atamai,” the machine said looking around for the additional seats. The three seats had likely been designed for bipedal creatures, so the NUVA robot somewhat awkwardly crouched over one of the co-pilot chairs and began to adjust to the controls as the cockpit sealed itself shut once more.

Opening Malhukuraia interface. Preparing to transfer power to door. Targeting bunker door.

The kaita ACR raised one of its hands to point at the symbol-marked door as the mechanical co-pilot began to focus its power. “Energy transfer, air,” it said as a great beam of elemental energy burst forth from the ACR’s outstretched hand, flowing into the sealed bunker.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian@~Xemnas~@Nato the Traveler@Eyru Xemnas, if you want to have Atamai send energy into the door as well feel free.

Edited by pokemonlover360
  • Like 3

This should be interesting. Sidra scrambled back away from the bunker as the mech unleashed its power, bathing the door in elemental energy. She almost ran right into a Po-Toa -  yet another familiar face from Dume's office - before stopping and turning to watch the colossal machine do its work.

• Like 2

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"Yeah I know. I think this Knichou guy is less of a fighter and more of an inventor, that's probably why he doesn't realize how dumb it is to have your weapons under lock and key." Skyra said with a nod. "Great at making weapons but not as great at using them." 

Skyra thought about what to do about all that ammo in the village. "The guards have no idea about all that ammo, and we should keep it that way for now. I mean their leader banished me from the village because I shot some rounds into the air. Like these people are crazy."

OOC: @Tarn 

• Like 3

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Lakeside

While Knichou waited for Vulimai and Ostrox to get to the point, several things happened. First, Stannis approached, the Toa of Stone's sixth sense undoubtedly detecting that there were meetings nearby. The elder was flanked by Toa Orieus and Whisper. Knichou gave both Maru a nod, arms still crossed, and was going to invite them over when a flash of light and otherworldly sound drew the attention of all at the portal.

Knichou raised a hand to shade his eyes, and looked towards the bunker. Atamai's mech was firing a stream of elemental energy into the door. Knichou wasn't 100% sure of what was happening, but he was absolutely certain something was happening. Having heard reports of how Atamai had opened his door to uncover his mech and how the Toa of iron died and was revived by pure energized protodermis, Knichou knew he had to see what would happen firsthand.

"Lets... continue talking a bit closer. I want to watch whatever's going to happen here," Knichou told Vulimai, an empty crystal ball shimmering into one of his hands. He strolled closer to the bunker door, observing it while lightly tossing the empty Zamor between his hands.

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Ostrox (Kini-Koro, The Taku, Exterior) - What Is Dead Can Never Die

"If I explain it in terms an insect could understand, perhaps the insect could explain it to you. Is there anyone else I could speak with? Someone who comprehends the fact that Mata Nui isn’t dead just because you think he is and nobody is safe until we can absolutely be certain he is?" Ostrox followed Knichou to the bunker.

@BULiK@Sparticus147

• Like 2

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

Knichou rolled his eyes as he walked, continuing to idly juggle the zamor sphere between his hands out of a mix of frustration and boredom. Given this Mantaxian's... 'persuasiveness'... it dawned on the engineer just how doomed his rebellion against Aurax was. In fact, Aurax's mask of charisma was overkill for controlling the League if most of them were like this zealot. Knichou had been doing his research on his rival's equipment over the past month, gathering bits of pieces of information about his enemy from the stories of those who had encountered him as a Toa. Kini-Koro's greatest engineer had been calmly biding his time until he was ready, unlike the brashness of Zaliyah and Ostrox, who had rushed off to accomplish nothing beyond the hordika's death, according to the reports Knichou had heard.

"So what do you want me to do about it? If Mata Nui reveals himself to be alive then I'll be sure to let Vulimai know so we can take the necessary precautions, but it seems like you're trying to send me on a Razor Whale watching voyage without a map - a wild Gukko chase. How do you propose we achieve certainty on this? We can't just wander around and hope to find his non-universe-sized body."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro, Bunker Entrance

"Why do I get the feeling that you have just as little evidence as Ostrox here? Is this another matter of faith?"

• Like 3

Oh! Oh bother!” Sorilax activated his mask of Fate far too slowly to dodge the beam of elemental energy like Sidra had. Thankfully, the beam was not directed at him, but rather the door of the nearby bunker.

Which meant… Great jumping Mahi, he needed to go grab a Rahi before the pure energized protodermis was gone!

A Toa, a Mantaxian, and an Aspect entered his Life Kraata’s sensing range, no doubt to watch the proceedings. He noted the information and filed it away for later, right now he needed to move quickly.

Mask still activated, he turned to Sidra, “If you would excuse me, I do need to go grab something. I shall return shortly.” And then he was off, Silent as a recent snowfall. He ran without full force, yet quick enough for his purposes, his glowing golden body soon lost to the jungle.

This mask of Fate was amazing, it allowed his reflexes to work to their fullest, his response time to be near instant. It felt like he was alive to his fullest. He would need to study how long he could keep the mask going and then work around that. Its power was too useful for him not to.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

IC: [Throat of Irnakks’s Tooth]

:Well versed, well spoken. Not one of mine, but in time, perhaps...:

Despite being back in her reality, the Toa still felt like she was in the jungle and being stalked by some sort of predator. It was as if some Rahi with big teeth was lurking just behind her back, no matter which way she turned. Irnakk was here - that’s what her worm told her. Here. Right where she was. She could feel a warm breeze against her cheek - was that breath? She turned - but still nothing to be seen. 

:It is like you said...they all come to me in the end.:

This time she could hear teeth clacking near her ear, but once again, nothing to be seen when she looked. Her Kraata fed her conflicting information. Clearly this being was akin to a Skakdi according to the worm, just like the ones that had hunted her and her friends as a Matoran, but also worse. The next instant that classification didn’t fit anymore, this was no living being in the way she was. This was an incorporeal entity, a spirit. And the next moment, neither definition fit anymore. The god of nightmares was like the toxic fumes of the volcano, present but impossible to grasp. 

:So the machine ghost wishes to surpass its limitations, hm?:

:And in turn it will help you surpass yours. You’ve come so far already…: 

Something brushed against Viltia’s tethers, causing them to shudder involuntarily. She could feel Irnakks presence bearing down on her now, eyes observing her from all around.

:But I cannot help but wonder why I should help empower those that harbor this much hate for my chosen?:

Now the voice started to sound familiar. Not of a friend, but of an enemy. Was that the Skakdi they had held captive in Le-Metru Nuva? There was a feeling of exposure - of her being laid bare in front of this entity. All her intimate or dark thoughts, the fears she harbored and that had made her evade all those questions about her home back in Kini-Koro - it was as if Irnakk could bring them forth at will, reading them like an open book. And she could feel the god of nightmares enjoyed it. There was an eagerness to the presence now.

:I have yet to hear what you will offer me in return, little one?:

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Throat of Irnakks’s Tooth

With - Irnakk

This Remaker was freaking her out. Even her new Kraata sensing couldn’t make heads or tails of him. He was all around, yet never there. He was brushing against her soul, yet never touched her. He shifted through her thoughts like she had with Nektann, perusing not just her memories, but the emotions tied to them.

But in the end, he was no great undead, no immediate threat to her friends. He was a partially known entity. She tried to calm herself, but ultimately failed. Slightly freaking out would have to do. Velvet red roses, this god was creepy! The way he spoke directly into her mind like the words were her own thoughts didn’t help any, either.

His last two questions threw her for a loop. “I actually don’t know. I hadn’t thought about why you should help me. I just figured you would because the Admin sent me here. Honestly, the Admin does give me kind of bad vibes, I’m not 100% sure I want to help it out, but I really want to figure out Golden Masks.” She didn’t realize the level of hate she herself harbored still for Skakdi, as every time she thought of them her mind inevitably thought of Nektann and her fondness for him, which further deluded her ability to locate her biases.

Viltia shook her head, trying hard to think as Irnakk’s presence bore down on her, “As for an offering, what could I offer the god of nightmares? Don’t you already have everything you need? You’re a god, after all.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: [Throat of Irnakks’s Tooth]

:Everything I need. Not everything I want.:

There it was again, that sensation against her tethers, this time lingering longer.

:The arrival of your kind has upset the balance. So many new...possibilities have opened up. Beautiful nightmares no one has yet even conceived to dream of…:

A hollow chuckle echoed around Viltia. She could hear the scraping of claws against rock, as if Irnakk was leisurely circling around her.

:How about a trade...that’s what made you leave your village, isn’t it? Yes...that will do nicely. You wish to understand the creation of golden masks, so a mask would be a fair trade in turn. Bring me this mask and I will help you.:

Viltia instantly knew which mask Irnakk desired. She could see it before her, just like when she had first laid eyes on it and its wearer back in Kini-Koro. The most perfect  and finely crafted Kanohi mask she'd ever seen.

:That, is what I want.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: [Nixie - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]

Vashni felt her power reach the afflicted Matoran, but the psyonic energy broke against their minds like waves on a harbor’s breakers. There was something fiercely resisting her ability...although, it didn’t feel like the resistance was aimed at her directly. She got a brief impression as the wave bounced back: someone drowning in a flood, desperately clinging onto anything that would help them stay afloat. That something was the Matoran’s former identity in this case, at risk of getting lost in the chaos of this new form. Not too unlike the Hordiak transformation she knew...but this was also something else. Trying to pacify them by force, well-intentioned or not, was akin to overriding their autonomy. The mental equivalent of taking away that thing they so desperately clung to by making them experience feelings that were not their own. The two Matoran bristled at the intrusion, now growling loudly at the Toa. 
Nixie, realizing something was wrong yet again quickly jumped into action from her perch by the window and put herself between Vashni and the two angry afflicted, while the rest of the transformed Matoran watch curiously from the sidelines. 

Nixie shook her head at the Toa, a gesture that took little to understand. 

´Don’t.’

Meanwhile, Klawne, still the marker of the line-that-must-not-be-crossed noted that this behavior was more aggressive than anything she’d seen the afflicted exhibit prior. Their condition had worsened.

OOC: @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui

• Like 8

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Throat of Irnakks’s Tooth

With - Irnakk

Oh.” Viltia said, greatly saddened. Why did she think the god of nightmares would ever be nice? He circled her like a hunger yet cautious Muaka.

I’m not going to steal something, no matter what I get out of it. Is there anything else you want? Maybe a mask that I could make you?

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou Shelter -

"####" Vashni swore out loud, this was a lot more complicated than she had hoped. "This...I don't think this is Hordika venom...there's something even more sinister at work here." Vashni focused on Nixie, who seemed to be in control of herself, unlike the others. That was a start at least.

Vashni briefly thought of trying to reverse the mutation of one of the Matoran with her mask, but if it wasn't Hordika venom she was afraid that something could go horribly wrong if she did. She needed more information, and Nixie was perhaps the one to ask. 

.:Can you understand me?:. Vashni asked Nixie through her mind, hoping the mutated Matoran could still understand language, even if she couldn't physically speak it.

@Onaku @Vezok's Friend

• Like 2

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

Triage entered into where the afflicted were being kept to check on things before meeting with Knichou. If Kardaka wanted to follow, she could. The situation before the medic felt far more tense than prior to him and Okuo leaving--and now the village's other two healers, both physical and psychological, were here. He still wondered why him and Okuo had been called back, and Triage couldn't shake the feeling they'd just missed what they were looking for back in Metru-Koro.

"What's...going on? What's got the Matoran all riled up?"

@Snelly@Onaku@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

"True that," she said. "As for the ammo, maybe we can sneak it aboard. Tell the crew it's, uh, trinkets. Mementos from Metru Nui. Yeah."

Rose climbed the stairs to the upper deck, finding a table laid out for...planning? Dining? She took a seat in the chair farthest to the end, where presumably the captain would sit. She was sure they wouldn't mind. Rose kicked back with her feet on the table, the chair creaking under the size of the Toa of Fire. "Nice place, though. Even if they're stingy with their weapons. Think we could just blow the lock?"

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 4

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

3 hours ago, BULiK said:

Why do I get the feeling that you have just as little evidence as Ostrox here? Is this another matter of faith?"

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

Who are you, Knichou? What are you?” He paused, as he usually did before he launched into an educative soliloquy. 

Are you this body of flesh, bone, and armor? This doddering bipedal sausage casing that talks? Or are you something more, a collection of thoughts, memories, and wishes? A neural system, and a soul? A Kanohi Iden or Tryna will provide evidence enough that you most certainly are the latter. So what is it that makes you believe Mata Nui, the god of the only universe you knew of before, was simply that decapitated fragment of a suit of armor looming over yon? Mata Nui is something so much more than what we see, just like you or I are not the bodies we inhabit, and his soul persists with the same insidious intentions that turned the whole of his Universe to bloodbath and beyond. Souls are bulletproof, and His demands death. He is alive because people have not stopped sustaining him with sacrifice.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

IC: Knichou, Kini-Nui, Bunker Entrance

The ex-Ghost came to a halt, catching the zamor one last time, his grip tightening around the crystalline orb. He had been watching the display of power ahead of them, and only now did his eyes turn to meet those of the wizard. Stannis sounded different. Bolder, maybe? They had had their disagreements before, but this felt unique.

"I am what I think I am, Stannis," the engineer began."...And that's good enough of an answer for now."

He could have gone into more specifics, but that was always a disputed science even among the Ghosts, and Knichou's expertise was of researching the fundamentals of matter, not life. Personally the Fe-Toa believed their origins and history were related... but even Knichou was still a long ways away from divining the mechanical processes behind life's secrets. Ko-Metru theorized its own philosophies, but most were pure conjecture, and Knichou believed his research to be far more reliable in the long run. Shame he was too busy to continue it now. So many samples that could be taken and experiments that could be performed just on the past month of data alone...

"If Mata Nui ruled a universe and can cheat death then who are you or I to stop - Karz, even delay - Him? If He is as powerful as you say, then there isn't a force that could stop Him beyond our own extinction or the destruction of eons of history and culture. If He feeds on death, then He will always linger until none are left to die. The best we can do is follow the Code and pray that you are wrong."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC Stannis | Kini-Koro

"All gods are born and all gods can die. Just because you can't fathom it does not mean it is not so. It is admittedly... difficult to consider the mortality of a deity we at one point worshipped, and I dare not say it requires faith, only imagination."

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

OOC: I’ve just been informed there isn’t going to be a Zataka post in this round of combat, so here we go.

IC: Marrow (and minions) – Irnakk’s Tooth

While Opal and Hakkzan wrought fiery havoc against the Ta-Skakdi, Ce-Skakdi, and their unknown companion (who clearly wasn’t an Aspect after all, given the unusual powers they were displaying), Marrow focused his attention solely on the two Vo-Skakdi who were beginning to approach his position.

He heard their clawed feet scrabble over the dirt and bone on the tunnel floor. He heard soil scrape and scatter as their bodies and armour brushed against and over the defensive barriers the Mesi had erected. He heard the pair cough and sputter, their words strained, as the limping one faltered and fell. And then he heard the second one stop, heard them brace themselves in a firing stance as they raised a weapon.

At the same moment as wood clattered and the taut string of the crossbow released, Marrow struck out with his kraata power, summoning a brief but powerful updraft that sent the explosive bolt careening into the ceiling.

The resulting detonation was drowned out by the sudden onset of… something unspeakably strange. Marrow was forced to release his control over the gas cloud, leaving it to linger around Ysocla, as he recoiled from the psionic attack. The lava flow faltered as well, beginning to fall down to floor level, as the Mesi collectively reeled from the raucous experience, the lyrics and beat of the unexpected tune going largely unnoticed over the sheer volume of the memory being forced upon them.

Still lying on the ground after being struck down by the lightning, Scarrow and Weaver groaned all the louder as the strange sound forced its way into their minds. Even Marrow himself was momentarily overwhelmed by the sheer confusion brought on by the unorthodox tactic. 

But then the lava rose once again into a raging wave and rushed forward anew, as Opal and Hakkzan fought past the discomfort and disruption. They didn’t need to hear, or see, or think abstractly to keep the lava moving; they just had to push – push back against the psionic intrusion, push the volcano’s blazing lifeblood forward, push with all of the righteous rage of their race. The Mesi were the unwavering warriors of the world below, and noise was an enemy they had known and overcome innumerable times before. They and their kin had battled with the beats of deafening drums at their backs, coordinated their abilities in the cacophony of collapsing caves and crumbling caverns, stood against the earsplitting shrieks and tumultuous tunnelling of Shagrak and her spawn, endured the thunderous rumbles of eruptions and earthquakes, retreated from the raging roars of riteborn, and faced off against other surface warbands, with their loud engines, louder guns, and even louder music. And unlike those encounters, the memory being broadcast into their minds – psychologically piercing and painful though it was – wasn’t physically hurting their sensitive ears the way real noise did.

They were so close now. Too close to allow any sound, no matter how intrusive or excruciating, to stop them. Too close to let these simpering sunspawn stand against them. The tunnels had been uncomfortably hot when the Mesi had first entered, and the temperature had only continued to rise with the release of the lava into the passageway. Even the Ta-Skakdi Hakkzan had sweat beading his brow, and he was further from the lava than those he was using it against. The attacking warskaks, used to fresh breeze and open skies, surely had to be suffering in the horrific heat of the tunnel. How much longer could they last?

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @pokemonlover360

• Like 2

Sorilax returned from the jungle a short time later, a golden hardlight box floating along behind him. In it was a toad the size of the Aspect himself. It looked beaten down by its life events, full of scars and missing an optic. It was a pale green brown, though that was hard to tell through the hardlight box.

This time, Sorilax kept his mask active as he jogged back up to Sidra’s side, right next to the iron trough Atamai had made to collect the pure energized protodermis. “Ah, good show. I did make it back just in the nick of time. Hopefully the experiment is fruitful and the produced material is adequate in quantity.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 3

"Do I even want to ask?" Sidra said, glancing at the box. 

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 1

Sorilax glanced where Sidra had, noting the grumpy giant toad. He let the hardlight box settle onto the grass. With his mask activated, he was able to quickly check where the Aspect from earlier was with his Life Kraata power, then put up a wall of Silence that partially wrapped around Sidra and Sorilax, effectively blocking the others walking up from hearing what Sorilax was about to say next.

I am quite glad you did ask. For the Taboo of Rahkshi Creation, one requires a currently alive lifeform. One then breathes a small portion of their Antidermis essence into the lifeform. After this, one submerges the lifeform in energized protodermis, where it then is morphed into unliving Rahkshi armor, which is useless without unbound Kraata to pilot it.

Sorilax pointed to his mask, “My Illuminated mask offers me my unique Kraata power of Life, the third Stage of which allows me to create and command life in the form of a duplicate of a Rahi.” He motioned to the toad, “Using this giant toad as a template, I shall create new Life with the purpose to become Rahkshi armor, leaving the toad unharmed and alive. I will then release him back to his home.

With the mask of Fate going, he was able to quickly play back the conversation in his head. He noted that he left something unintentionally vague, “Illumination being my unique form of Infection, which is when an unbound Kraata touches a Kanohi, granting both the Aspect the ability to treat the Infected as if they were Desecrated by them, and also allowing the wearer the following abilities:

One may choose to use one additional element blending with their first element, if they are able to use elements. The choice of the element is a one time decision and doesn’t change from mask to mask. I chose Psionics, after all, you showed me how useful it can be. I have yet to test it out, however.

And one may also use the power of the Kraata that Infected the mask at the current Stage the Kraata is at, meaning if the creator Aspect grows in power, so too do the Kraata, and so too does the mask bearer.

The other downside being that the mask bearer does not want to take the mask off, though they do not realize they are forced to think this way. Thankfully Infected masks can be cleansed by energized protodermis or using a Kanoka of Removes Poison of equal or greater level than the Kraata used to Infect the Kanohi.

I wish my personal changes had been more distinct, but the only change in my version is the coloration the Kanohi turns. Instead of rusted and scarred, the mask is a transparent pearlescent color.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Made his Life sensing more vague to allow the characters still in limbo to be there/not be there.
  • Like 2

"Some of that sounds familiar," Sidra frowned, holding up her hand to show Sorilax the taboo tattoo on the back of her hand. "Something I picked up from the Far Shore."

@Kal the Guardian

• Like 2