Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Now, what about projectiles? Would one be able to redirect another's attack towards someone else?

Yes, eventually. At the moment it only warps players, bots, enemies and Rama Hives, if you feel like that. I'll be adding the ability to warp everything once I fix the current small issues.I was thinking that the portals would show what is at the other end of them, too, though I need some new draw scripts for that. Oh, and placing a portal in lava or water should totally make it flow out of the other end unless they are both submerged.But that's for the future. :) Edited by Katuko

I can see it now: Toa with Olmak camping the side of Karda Nui Village. One portal on Spawn, other portal off the side of cliff. Hope you brought a Miru.

Oh, if someone dies of height after going through a portal, would that count as a kill?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I can see it now: Toa with Olmak camping the side of Karda Nui Village. One portal on Spawn, other portal off the side of cliff. Hope you brought a Miru.

...I'll have to implement spawn selection and/or spawn invulnerability soon enough.

Oh, if someone dies of height after going through a portal, would that count as a kill?

It should, though at the moment it does not track the portal as a "hit".

BTW, I'm actually working on the roll sprites, for once. I'm guessing that I have around 6 more poses to do. I might post a screenshot later.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Heh, thanks. I actually made that sword sprite for the character Plagia in the BZPRPG. My char Madrihk's jagged sword is another one I'll be adding, as well as a bunch of other ones. You guys have probably seen these before, but you might as well get to see them again:

custom_rayg_weapons_melee.pngcustom_rayg_weapons_guns.png

bit late, but this means that we will eventually have a bunch of more guns? or all of these mostly the same gun with different properties? also, are these sprites able to be used?

Previously known as Aiwendil.

bit late, but this means that we will eventually have a bunch of more guns? or all of these mostly the same gun with different properties? also, are these sprites able to be used?

Yes. The focus is mostly on melee weapons and elemental/other powers, but there will be several projectile weapons. In canon we have seen things like the Midak launchers and the tools wielded by the Inika and the Piraka, so I see no problem in including a few laser guns. I will take care not to make them vastly overpower melee due to extra range etc, so at the moment all the projectiles can be dodged and/or have ammo counts that limit them. Cordak, for example, is very powerful as a weapon, but the ammo keeps it back.In this very next update, you will get one version of the Lightstone Rifle (beam), as well as the Kanoka Disk Launcher. The launcher will not have any special powers on the disks as of yet, but at least you'll have the launcher. ;)You may use my sprites as you wish, but don't claim them as your own. While a short line of credit would be nice, it is not necessary.

Yay!!! Kanoka launchers!! An idea for the Kanoka powers: have like the basic powers, like freeze, teleport, etc.

Been there, discussed that. It's a very obvious idea, but I will not take the time to add all the different powers here and now. There is the risk of making the Disk Launcher too complicated or too dominating or too random, so disk powers will be implemented later.

Yes. The focus is mostly on melee weapons and elemental/other powers, but there will be several projectile weapons. In canon we have seen things like the Midak launchers and the tools wielded by the Inika and the Piraka, so I see no problem in including a few laser guns. I will take care not to make them vastly overpower melee due to extra range etc, so at the moment all the projectiles can be dodged and/or have ammo counts that limit them. Cordak, for example, is very powerful as a weapon, but the ammo keeps it back.In this very next update, you will get one version of the Lightstone Rifle (beam), as well as the Kanoka Disk Launcher. The launcher will not have any special powers on the disks as of yet, but at least you'll have the launcher. ;)You may use my sprites as you wish, but don't claim them as your own. While a short line of credit would be nice, it is not necessary.

awesome :D Kanoka and Lightstone rifles. and I just wanted to use the "gun" pose for a comic that's coming up. so far I have two people in the credit box: you and InnerRayg.

Edited by Strackkorotus

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Glad my sprites can be of use to others as well. I have some more sprites posted in the BZP Gallery, I believe, and I'll post more of my custom ones there if anyone wants them.Please do not go italic and underline on every single word in a post, by the way. It makes me homicidal. ;)

Glad my sprites can be of use to others as well. I have some more sprites posted in the BZP Gallery, I believe, and I'll post more of my custom ones there if anyone wants them.Please do not go italic and underline on every single word in a post, by the way. It makes me homicidal. ;)

Well there's the "customize posts" thing in settings.

edit: oh wait, sorry. didn't get what you said for a second. changing chat options now..........yeah I don't want to be murdered D:

Oh, don't you worry. I don't kill much.kanoka_preview.gifHere, have a Kanoka.

Hehe

*looks at gif*

Aw, nice! Can't wait to have a full working Vakama! Does it have an ammo limit or no limit?

EDIT: Dude! I just realized it changes flight angle in mid air! I like that because I was little skeptical about the angle the disk was initially fired.

Edited by TNT-Vezon with an Olmak

new_sig_legacy_2.png

In this case, the weapon color was silver and the glow color red. It also has no ammo limit, though it's supposed to use one later on.And yes, it changes its angle because disks are supposed to fly like a Frisbee, but holding the launcher flat makes the thing looks like nothing but a metal rod.EDIT:New release will be this weekend. Major additions are Olmak, Lightstone Rifle, Kanoka Disk Launcher and then this:femtoa_preview.jpg

Edited by Katuko

A Miru, Kadin, or (trust me, I use it a lot) Kualsi.

You might be happy to learn that I have buffed the teleport speed a bit, then. :)Regarding the Olmak: If the portal is already in place on the spawn point you can't really defend against it. You spawn, then instantly end up below the lava surface if that is where the other portal is. By the time you teleport out, you are likely half dead already.I'm seeking to fix this by making the new engine utilize brief spawn invulnerability. The Olmak portals will also be set to warp some lava and treat that as a trigger for closing soon after. At the moment the Olmak will only warp beings.

New release will be this weekend. Major additions are Olmak, Lightstone Rifle, Kanoka Disk Launcher and then this:femtoa_preview.jpg

...Is that...

What I think it is?

:D

Does this mean it's no longer just a bunch of guys throwing elemental attacks at eachother?

Anyone say catfight? :P

But seriously, the Olmak is awesome. I can't wait to use it.

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

wait a second. it's the Female torso isn't it?

Does this mean it's no longer just a bunch of guys throwing elemental attacks at each other?

Ding-ding-ding!

... Anyone say catfight? :P

Meow.And coming up...... Nah, I'm just kidding. :lol:

But seriously, the Olmak is awesome. I can't wait to use it.

It is pretty awesome, if I dare say so. Some tweaking and extra features is still required, of course, but it works for now.

Er... infinite. XDNo, seriously. I have buffed Teleportation aiming and fixed the cooldown issue, which means that regular Kualsi/Teleport should work nicely to fill your quick warp needs. The Olmak, on the other hand, has a bit slower aiming, requires more space to place, and you must use it twice before the portal opens. Also, people (and later attacks) can follow you through before the portal closes. Once you have placed the portals they also have to be used before you can place new ones.So, the Olmak has infinite range. OK, it's 5000 pixels, but considering that map size is smaller than that it's effectively infinite.

No, being vulnerable while placing the warp is part of the point. If you want a quick, personal transportation method, use the Kualsi. The Olmak has been made specifically for long range, and multiple beings and objects to be able to move through.If you want to warp a short distance, you can do that relatively quickly with the Olmak, though the Kualsi is still better. The Olmak lets you warp across the map or forcibly drop others into harmful places, but it is slower. Power balance, etc.

This weekend it is. I'm still going over some small things here and there with the new things, and I have some minor school work to finish as well. Tomorrow or Saturday is looking good for an update.

Hooray! Friday's lookin' to get better and better! Will the Gali Characters be updated with the female body?

Probably change the way it handles female toa, so that all female characters are "updated" without actually modifying the files. That would be my guess.

bBhcfWO.png

Probably change the way it handles female toa, so that all female characters are "updated" without actually modifying the files. That would be my guess.

Correct. :) Gender is saved as a simple 0/1 in the files, so naturally they have nothing to do with the actual sprites. Gali and other files with female characters already have the number set, so if you load one they will have the new sprites applied, no problem.That said, I did a few minor changes to the files, such as updating them to use protodermis instead of grey for armor color, as well as every Nuva regaining the stat point I subtracted for armor in the past. Edited by Katuko

Hello! I've been reading this topic for a while, and I downloaded your game last week, and so far it's amazing! I love the detail you've put into your game, with the many default characters, all the powers, and the massive stages! The Karda Nui map is great, and so fat Ta-Koro's looking good too! It's just a shame the overcharge doesn't appear when an AI kills the exo-pyro, as I nearly killed him, and then a toa of lightning comes in and kills us both! But this is a brilliant game, and I can't wait for the next update!

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Hello! I've been reading this topic for a while, and I downloaded your game last week, and so far it's amazing! I love the detail you've put into your game, with the many default characters, all the powers, and the massive stages! The Karda Nui map is great, and so fat Ta-Koro's looking good too! It's just a shame the overcharge doesn't appear when an AI kills the exo-pyro, as I nearly killed him, and then a toa of lightning comes in and kills us both! But this is a brilliant game, and I can't wait for the next update!

Hi, and thanks! Always nice to hear from a new fan. :)The power-up should appear regardless of who deals the final blow to the boss, but I realize that I might have but a bit too short of a fade-out timer on it. The AI doesn't "see" the upgrade, so it doesn't grab it, and if you're not extremely quick to get back to it that means it's likely just gone.Thanks for reminding me of this. I'll increase the timer to a full minute and a half, I think. That should be enough to get across the entire map and get it.

that reminds me: can NPCs pick the powerup up at all? and if they can, do they turn all colorful?

Yep. I learned that one the hard way....I got him back eventually, though. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Meow.And coming up...... Nah, I'm just kidding. :lol:

That's too bad. I wanted that one to be my girlfriend...JNK!

P.S. JNK stands for Just Not Kidding.

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________